Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
As obnoxious as he can be he is right about Ronaldo and Rashford spending a lot of time on the left, this should be remedied by the manager though, not by them. Either pick them playing off a striker or tell them to stay more centrally when they play, they don’t or at least they shouldn’t be picking their position.
Martial similarly drifts off to the left though, if you compare his heat maps to Ronaldo and Rashford when upfront they’re pretty similar, which disproves Ronaldo’s lack of pressing being the major reason for our lack of form. Not to mention that we’ve had poor results this season when he hasn’t played as well.

RepardReece

Yes that’s kind of my point. So you should only value a strikers goal contribution looking at the bigger picture of the goals that are NOT scored that otherwise would have been. To give an extreme, but more easy to understand, example, if Ronaldo scored 80 goals in a season and no one else scored any, then it wouldn’t be worth the transfer fee and wages if I’m his absence 4 strikers would all have scored 20 goals. The net result is the same but in one scenario you’ve needed an extra player just to achieve what you would have achieved anyway.
Yeah it is what else a player brings to the table on top of that. Ronaldo brings a match-winning experience and has demonstrated this himself in the champions league. We don't win those games without him, making it worth it alone. Plus, I think 99% of people here would've said yes to bringing in Ronaldo over watching Martial try to play CF again.

I'll go back to my previous point, making any transfer for a striker is kinda useless with this common-sense you're mentioning, as they all reduce the number of goals other players score, whether you like it or not. Fair enough, some, like Lewa might actually up the goals tally the club has over a space of a season, but in general, a team will bring the same amount of goals as the previous season without that player. They don't just go from 2 goals a game to 3 just because of one player coming in.

You compared Juve's goals with/without Ronaldo recently. Look at them currently, they sit 8th in Serie A, with only 16 goals scored in 12 games.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
C Ronaldo's heat map for this season.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ma...o-ronaldo-anthony-martial-career-21628617.amp

Ronaldo heat maps as a striker for United.

Vs

Martial Striker heat maps as a striker

Heatmaps of Martial during his debuts season/matches as a striker. Surely everyone remembers him playing with his back on the central defenders and trying to bring the inverted forwards in.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sportslens.com/news/anthony-martial-manchester-united-success/amp/

Vs Heat maps of Ronaldo at Juventus 2020

Positioning is important maybe even more than pressing itself. You can block someone by standing in the right place (Rice does this whilst he hardly makes a tackle in dangerous position) - The Right place is gone.

Ronaldo is/was a LW. If he could play as a ST with minimal problems causing the team, then why didn't at his prime - why didn't he play there when he was younger? Why did Zidane try him as a lone striker and then realised that wasn't good enough for him (neither the manager or Ronaldo himself) and put Benzema back next to him as a striker?

Enjoy reading guys!

Believe what you want to believe and enjoy it!

Until next time, Bebe x

Last edited:

SonyaCross493

RON TO WATCH Five clubs Cristiano Ronaldo could join if he quits Man Utd including reviving Man City transfer and return to old sides

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/16697873/cristiano-ronaldo-man-utd-city-transfer/

Ronaldo doesn't have time to waste.. He wants to win a trophy in the last few years of his career before retiring and Manchester United are not giving him the best platform to do that.. surely he deserves that after the career he's had nobody would begrudge him that!? even if it was with Manchester City..

one thing is for sure. If Ronaldo decides to leave this shower of shite run club at the end of the season (I wouldn't blame him! Season over already in November and not in a Premier League title race in April as promised by Ole and his coaches) he won't be short of offers after proving his fitness and proving he can still do it in the most difficult League the Premier League and Champions League.

you can rule him out going to City though. That ship has sailed (which maybe Ronny will regret sadly as his last chance to win major trophies before he retires and then moving onto their feeder club in MLS NYC FC).

I can see him going back to Sporting Lisbon or maybe even going to the MLS with Beckham's Inter Miami after the World Cup.

then Manchester United can go back to becoming Progress FC where the low standards of finishing in the top 4 are accepted because the club doesn't have Ronaldo challenging the narrative anymore. Ronaldo joining raised expectations/standards the board and Ole and his coaches can't match. Ronaldo joining was the worst thing to happen to the cozy comfortable atmosphere with the Glaziers and Ole as it exposed them.

Last edited:

Deery

Dreary

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ma...o-ronaldo-anthony-martial-career-21628617.amp

Vs

Heatmaps of Martial during his debuts season/matches as a striker. Surely everyone remembers him playing with his back on the central defenders and trying to bring the inverted forwards in.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sportslens.com/news/anthony-martial-manchester-united-success/amp/

Positioning is important maybe even more than pressing itself. You can block someone by standing in the right place (Rice does this whilst he hardly makes a tackle in dangerous position) - The Right place is gone.

Ronaldo is/was a LW. If he could play as a ST with minimal problems causing the team, then why didn't at his prime - why didn't he play there when he was younger? Why did Zidane try him as a lone striker and then realised that wasn't good enough for him (neither the manager or Ronaldo himself) and put Benzema back next to him as a striker?

Enjoy reading guys!

Until next time, Bebe x
How much is this with or without the ball though and Ronaldo’s heat map isn’t that different to Jamie Vardy’s either..

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Even in the heat maps with Ronaldo compared to Martial by sky it shows not much difference. Aguero seemed to stay central far more often than the pair of them. It makes sense that Martial and Ronaldo would drift to the left during matches since they both play there as well, United tend to mix up which attacker plays where even during matches.

RepardReece

Vs

Enjoy reading guys!

Until next time, Bebe x

SeeMe

Supports
Porto
RON TO WATCH Five clubs Cristiano Ronaldo could join if he quits Man Utd including reviving Man City transfer and return to old sides

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/16697873/cristiano-ronaldo-man-utd-city-transfer/

Ronaldo doesn't have time to waste.. He wants to win a trophy in the last few years of his career before retiring and Manchester United are not giving him the best platform to do that.. surely he deserves that after the career he's had nobody would begrudge him that!? even if it was with Manchester City..

one thing is for sure. If Ronaldo decides to leave this shower of shite run club at the end of the season (I wouldn't blame him! Season over already in November and not in a Premier League title race in April as promised by Ole and his coaches) he won't be short of offers after proving his fitness and proving he can still do it in the most difficult League the Premier League and Champions League.

you can rule him out going to City though. That ship has sailed (which maybe Ronny will regret sadly as his last chance to win major trophies before he retires and then moving onto their feeder club in MLS NYC FC).

I can see him going back to Sporting Lisbon or maybe even going to the MLS with Beckham's Inter Miami after the World Cup.

then Manchester United can go back to becoming Progress FC where the low standards of finishing in the top 4 are accepted because the club doesn't have Ronaldo challenging the narrative anymore. Ronaldo joining raised expectations/standards the board and Ole and his coaches can't match. Ronaldo joining was the worst thing to happen to the cozy comfortable atmosphere with the Glaziers and Ole as it exposed them.
The Sun? Not so reliable source.
I personally don't think there would be any clubs would pay 500-600k weekly wages for 36 years old, apart from Man city, Chelsea, PSG, Real Madrid and Man United itself. And maybe Juventus can afford but they already tried their best to get rid of him.

And I don't think they would take him for tactical reason, covid or whatsoever reason, I can see he will finish his career in Man United no matter how.

Bebestation

How much is this with or without the ball though and Ronaldo’s heat map isn’t that different to Jamie Vardy’s either..
Exactly right.

According to this video he stays "off the ball" very lopsided to the left.

Forget that he doesn't press, he stays lopsided waiting for the ball "according to the videos & not me".

This leaves the opposition CB'S and CDM free to keep switching left and right whilst waiting for the perfect opposition until we open up in midfield.

This is shown in this article when we lose 4-2 vs Leicester City and how easily Tielemans receives the ball and what he can do with it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thebus...e-defensive-problems-cristiano-ronaldo-brings

Now, Ronaldo is the GOAT but he was ultimately always a LW and this shows as he has aged and trying to play the ST role as a lone striker. Zidane didn't feel like it worked right at Madrid. Martial is the opposite, the guy arrived to United as a young striker, that got changed to a winger almost in his first season and then has gotten changed back as a striker in his final years here.

Sure you can see Martial's "on the ball ability" is un balanced/heavy towards the left as seen with his one sided finishing especially on the counter - but you can also see that he grew up as a central striker because of his ability to keep 2 centre backs busy by receiving the ball to his feet with his back to goal and two defenders (right bang in the middle and deep of the opposition goal), holding them up and trying to bring someone wider in to play.

He doesn't do that on the left side of the pitch, he does that centrally. That just does not make sense. (Also, Interestingly, when looking at the heatmaps of his first striker games for United in his debut year - posted above, he was much less left sided at all and it was LVg's coaching turning him to a LW that made it more of him style/game).

Deery

Dreary
Exactly right.

According to this video he stays "off the ball" very lopsided to the left.

Forget that he doesn't press, he stays lopsided waiting for the ball "according to the videos & not me".

This leaves the opposition CB'S and CDM free to keep switching left and right whilst waiting for the perfect opposition until we open up in midfield.

This is shown in this article when we lose 4-2 vs Leicester City and how easily Tielemans receives the ball and what he can do with it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thebus...e-defensive-problems-cristiano-ronaldo-brings

Now, Ronaldo is the GOAT but he was ultimately always a LW and this shows as he has aged and trying to play the ST role as a lone striker. Zidane didn't feel like it worked right at Madrid. Martial is the opposite, the guy arrived to United as a young striker, that got changed to a winger almost in his first season and then has gotten changed back as a striker in his final years here.

Sure you can see Martial's "on the ball ability" is un balanced/heavy towards the left as seen with his one sided finishing especially on the counter - but you can also see that he grew up as a central striker because of his ability to keep 2 centre backs busy by receiving the ball to his feet with his back to goal and two defenders (right bang in the middle and deep of the opposition goal), holding them up and trying to bring someone wider in to play.

He doesn't do that on the left side of the pitch, he does that centrally. That just does not make sense. (Also, Interestingly, when looking at the heatmaps of his first striker games for United in his debut year - posted above, he was much less left sided at all and it was LVg's coaching turning him to a LW that made it more of him style/game).
I’m talking about the team with the ball and he naturally goes left to receive a pass but without it is when he could be more centrally, and if he is left heavy then it should only open up passing lanes to the oppositions left no, not left and right as you claim the centre backs can do with ease.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

I think he still wants to play in CL. He scored 5 goals in 4 CL games this season, so he is still capable to score a few more in the next one.

Bebestation

Someone is more centrally deeper. Check

Someone is seen even more on the right. Check

The deepest area of Martial in that pic is LF just as Ronaldo - but his central positions are much much more thicker than Ronaldo’s.:eek:

As shown by Ronaldo’s videos that I post but you don't watch because it hurts your feelings - he stays on the left. (Video in post above, trust me it won't hurt your feelings, be strong!)

Here's a new video.

Ronaldo's offside goal vs Liverpool.

This is what is said by articles, videos and professional footballers saying he does - both gaining a positive and negative, roaming off the ball towards the left - just staying there.

Martial plays deep, able to receive the pass from his team mates to his feet centrally holding defenders off and bringing Rashford and Greenwood in. Sure at his best he plays one two's with Rashford a LWinger (something you could argue Ronaldo doesn't do as a ST) and is heavily a left sided finisher on the counter.

But you think Martial holds of CB'S with his back to goal on the left side of the pitch? How is that even possible or make sense? He would be holding off the fullbacks with his back to the corner flags :eek: He does that right in middle of the goal playing deeper trying to bring the inverted forwards in to play - hence keeping the CB'S busy.

Anyway, Nice picking one heatmap and skipping the others even if the one you chose was a bit closer to your eyes,!

Nice picture making too, must have took some time :D I'm a rich, have an easy, cosy life person - I'm sitting here talking about Ronaldo as my attention and his performances, your sitting making images and giving me constant attention.

I feel like the non footballing C Ronaldo of this world with all the attention Reece! :keano:

Last edited:

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
https://www.teamtalk.com/manchester...y-veiled-di-solskjaer-urges-beautiful-reunion

Cavani wants to play in a central striker partnership with Ronaldo - as talked about many here even before the Tottenham match that this was the potential best line up because Ronaldo has always, always needed a striker partner in his prime as a LW (Rooney, Tevez, Benzema) and more later in his career even as a forward with Dybala.
There's a huge difference in the profil of the players you mentionned compared to Cavani. Cavani is mainly a goal scorer/worhorse. He'll never have the ability to link up with Ronaldo that Rooney Benzema or even Dybala had (even if it didn't work that well at Juventus).

Bebestation

There's a huge difference in the profil of the players you mentionned compared to Cavani. Cavani is mainly a goal scorer/worhorse. He'll never have the ability to link up with Ronaldo that Rooney Benzema or even Dybala had (even if it didn't work that well at Juventus).
That's Cavani saying he should partner with Ronaldo and not really me.

If our other option in a 352 is choosing Ronaldo with Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho or Martial -

I'd say that the closest we have to Rooney, Benzema or Dybala is - Cavani for work rate, possibly Martial for link up play.

The fact that we don't have an exact option like for like of Rooney, Benzema or Dybala in our squad is just another highlight as to why Ronaldo was not a planned transfer.

What we had was Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho, Martial, Cavani, and Daniel James - who we sold soon as we got Ronaldo in the final days of the transfer window.

steffyr2

You all lost me when someone said winning Champions League games wasn't important, that you'd rather have someone other than Ronaldo play and get knocked out in the group stage.
It's either an extreme fanboy thing for another player or an extreme dislike for Ronaldo. Nothing about the good of the team.

Bebestation

You all lost me when someone said winning Champions League games wasn't important, that you'd rather have someone other than Ronaldo play and get knocked out in the group stage.
It's either an extreme fanboy thing for another player or an extreme dislike for Ronaldo. Nothing about the good of the team.
Don't think that's me because I never said that!

I value Ronaldo and his goals -

I just don't think he should be built the team around as our main player at the age of 36, arguably playing a position (ST) he is weaker at than the one in his prime (LW).

If he was used a bit more sparingly, start the occasional game but be used to coming off the bench in second halves and scoring those last minute CL goals that save Ole's career then we would be in a slightly better state now.

captaincantona

Not what I said at all and you’re the second person to not be arsed reading something beyond the first paragraph.

- I said I’m not clamouring over Ronaldo dragging us through a piss poor group in the CL. He has not improved us and is keeping us at the same god awful level we were at prior to his arrival.
- I said whether we get out of this group or not means nothing in the overall scheme of us being so far away from being a proper top footballing side.
-I then said that if a better manager could set up the team to use Ronaldo more effectively then surely that same manager could set up the absolute wealth of young attacking talent we have more effectively to play to their strengths instead of relying on one player to save the day.
- I then concluded by saying that getting our young attackers playing together and effectively would be a better approach to securing the long term prosperity of the club.

You might disagree but tell me how that makes me a fanboy for another player or how that could possibly be interpreted as a proposal that is not for the good of the team?

or did you just jump the gun and not bother engaging with what I actually said?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Thought it'd be a little later than early November before we saw the Ronaldo wants out stories!

He's signed for 2 years and I'd expect him to stay those 2 years.

We really need to get top 4 though to say the least.

He'sRaldo

Well, it seems like Ronaldo has to score every single game. And not only that, Greenwood, Rashford, Sancho, Martial, Cavani, Bruno, Pogba, Donny, Amad, Pellistri, Ole, Groundsman, Tea Lady, etc all need to score and assist as well. Or else he will be absolutely slaughtered by his own fans.

Good luck to him at Man Utd.

RepardReece

Someone is more centrally deeper. Check

Someone is seen even more on the right. Check

The deepest area of Martial in that pic is LF just as Ronaldo - but his central positions are much much more thicker than Ronaldo’s.:eek:

As shown by Ronaldo’s videos that I post but you don't watch because it hurts your feelings - he stays on the left. (Video in post above, trust me it won't hurt your feelings, be strong!)

Here's a new video.

Ronaldo's offside goal vs Liverpool.

This is what is said by articles, videos and professional footballers saying he does - both gaining a positive and negative, roaming off the ball towards the left - just staying there.

Martial plays deep, able to receive the pass from his team mates to his feet centrally holding defenders off and bringing Rashford and Greenwood in. Sure at his best he plays one two's with Rashford a LWinger (something you could argue Ronaldo doesn't do as a ST) and is heavily a left sided finisher on the counter.

But you think Martial holds of CB'S with his back to goal on the left side of the pitch? How is that even possible or make sense? He would be holding off the fullbacks with his back to the corner flags :eek: He does that right in middle of the goal playing deeper trying to bring the inverted forwards in to play - hence keeping the CB'S busy.

Anyway, Nice picking one heatmap and skipping the others even if the one you chose was a bit closer to your eyes,!

Nice picture making too, must have took some time :D I'm a rich, have an easy, cosy life person - I'm sitting here talking about Ronaldo as my attention and his performances, your sitting making images and giving me constant attention.

I feel like the non footballing C Ronaldo of this world with all the attention Reece! :keano:
Lad, they're only "thicker" due to the colours of each heatmap. The green essentially = the red, the yellow = the white. They're just a different visual.

and idk what the other 10 paragraphs is for I've only read the first 2 rows.

Edit: read the rest of your mumbo jumbo. Not too sure why you're trying to get personal but fyi i trade for a living, im sitting back sipping a brew waiting for entries. Gotta keep myself entertained whilst i'm waiting for an opportunity. And it took 2 mins on photoshop, copy, paste and save. Not difficult.

Last edited:

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
See you guys!

I'm unwatching the thread (found out how to!) - because people are going to talk to me everytime he scores a goal now because they think that's what I said he can't do!

I just think building a team around a 31 year old Ruud Van Nistlerooy is wrong when you have young diet versions of Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez or Nani etc. A pure goalscorer is very useful but so is the way we play.

Take care x
You have said bye about 5 times now :lol: you’ll be back in 20 mins. X

JebelSherif

Supports
Huddersfield Town
You're living in the past if you think this manchester united are anything more a marketing gimmick. Why would a player who wants to actually win things stay to play europa with a deluded board and crap coaches. There is no logic.

This version of manchester united are exactly what you think but arent saying. Not a top table club anymore. It needs a culture shift.
This is sort of what I was proposing - a culture shift. Not just at Manchester United but in the whole sport! Yes people will laugh, but it is only clubs like United, the very top clubs (maybe not at this present moment - but historically) who can effect the change I'm on about: namely that the Player Power issue that came in after the Bosman ruling has slowly been ruining the game these last 25 years.

It just seems obscene to me that we have a player at Man Utd. (Marcus Rashford) who has recently received much praise for his charitable work and putting pressure on the government to help with free school meals, whilst his strike partner will earn £50 million in the next 2 years, minimum & with image rights and extras, probably double that.

Something has gone a bit wrong somewhere.

I'm not saying the players should be getting the bus to the ground with the fans, with their boots in a paper bag - like in the 1930s. Nor am I saying that it was wrong for Rashford to campaign the way he has. I'm not really sure what I'm saying to be honest!

But somethings not right. And don't get me started on Agents, at least the players have a talent and provide the entertainment, but their representatives are basically pimps and one or two in particular, I despise.

And don't get me started on the fact I cant ever go to a live game anymore, I just don't have £150 quid spare on a weekend to take me and my two lads to a match. It saddens me because my Uncle used to take me to games in the late 1970s and he wasn't mega-rich or anything.

The clubs should make a stand, stop dealing with certain agents, stop paying stupid contracts to out-of-contract old players. If they all worked together, something could be done.

Last edited:

He doesn't do that on the left side of the pitch, he does that centrally.
I mean, forget that the heatmaps are strikingly similar except that one striker actually gets into the box to score a ridiculous number of goals, you've posted that heat map from this piece absolutely slating him for being immobile and not giving his teammates any options to pass to :lol:

From the article:

Giggs:
He looks casual, as if he's not bothered. When it comes off and he's doing brilliant things, you think it just comes naturally. But when it's not, you think he's not running, he's not trying, he's not working hard enough, he's not holding the ball up.
Neville:
The Wolves game was not the first in which Martial has been a static target in the final third either. Neville described the lack of movement in United's forward line as an "absolute joke" during the 3-3 draw with Sheffield United at Bramall Lane
Point made in article about him not offering any option:
Fernandes has space to send over a cross with his stronger foot, but seeing Martial flat-footed and motionless in the middle, he opts to play a short pass to Juan Mata instead.

Mata then looks up himself, waiting for Martial to make a run, but still there is no sign of movement.

Like Fernandes before him, Mata is left with little choice but to play it backwards. Fred lays his pass off to Andreas Pereira, and another opportunity to work the ball into the Wolves box passes United by.
Stats in article:
Martial is therefore still bottom of the pile in terms of distance covered among Premier League forwards of comparative style and quality, and the sprinting data is even more alarming.

That's made my day. :lol:

An article confirming what we already knew, the problems aren't a one man problem. Just as Declan Rice won't suddenly make us a top side, nor will changing out Ronaldo for Cavani, Martial, Greenwood or Rashford. Our top scorer really is the least of our problems, our shite xG record catching up on us is the real issue here, we're an absolute mess all over the park.

Last edited:

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Why has ole not tried CR7 as a DM yet ? Has he no balls ? Ole out ffs, this has been the obvious solution for hours. How has be not realised ?

Raven

But one has to ask why?

I know that a large body of people idolise Ronaldo, the fans who are in awe of one of the greatest players of all time.

But we don't have to work with him....

Maybe he is an arrogant so-and-so who has just come into the club and is strutting around the place on wages that are probably more than Shaws and Maguires added together. Now, this isn't to say they are on the breadline, but all things are relative. Perhaps they are mates of Daniel James and are pissed off he''s now gone to Leeds (because of Ronaldo). Maybe they think Utd. would be a better team if Ronaldo were used more as a super-sub (which is the role I think would be best) and Cavani or Rashford or Greenwood should start games up-front. All together, these 'emotions' have impacted on Shaw and Maguire and others too, call it loss of form if you wish, call it 'losing the dressing room', call it whatever you want - but the fact is Man Utd. may regret re-signing Ronaldo and although that is an unpopular opinion, I'm entitled to make it, if I believe it.

In sixth months time, when Utd. have won the league and/or the Champions League with the sheer competitive will-power of Ronaldo pulling the team together - people can have a good laugh at me, but I doubt that will happen...
They're clearly burnt out, I'm not buying any of your weird psychological conspiracy theories.

RedDribble

Supports
Dortmund, Barcelona
We are at the worst position at the start of last season as compared to this one.

Liverpool wasn’t good last season, they have had injuries to their key players, Chelsea has Lampard for half season which kind of wreck their overall standing by end of it.

The key of our last season is when Ole was at the wheel and has a lengthy run of games which push our position up, whereas many of our rivals have had their own problems. Also Pogba has been very influential for 2nd half of season who give us a real push.

We are well beaten by Villarreal in Europa league final, and we are also out of CL group games too. We were not really good.
I never said that was good enough for United standard, but no one can deny something was building on.
People keep mentioning that Liverpool, Chelsea and others had problems is just lame excuses, so what? United have no problem? Any team go through hard times and the ones who survive it eventually wins it or rank higher.
Reality is (although it seems you will never admit) Ronaldo has not improve the team in anyway, at least currently.

They're clearly burnt out, I'm not buying any of your weird psychological conspiracy theories.
He never said it was the truth, he mentioned it was speculation. But his main assertion is maybe his arrival is not as influential (positively) as people want to believe.

What I see here is people are just blind to the love of Ronaldo. Last time I visit here (about 7~8 years ago) there was some people who were so defensive of Shinji Kagawa, and whatever he did they praise him or makes excuse that other players are not using him. While I do kind of feel bad for Shinji because I think if SAF stayed a little longer he would integrate into the team but Moyes (who had no idea how to use a no.10) coming in did not help his career in anyway. However, there is also parts where Shinji should have fight harder to adapt into the team, such as building some muscles, improving in speed, and maybe enhancing in stamina and run around like Park Ji-sung could have helped.

Ronaldo in the same manner needs to work for the team. For me that is lowering his ego and accepting he should not be the superstar of the team. In some games (specially the intense ones) he should be starting from the bench and coming in as an impact sub-player. Should he start he needs to follow the coaches instructions in terms of movement/pressing/defensive work, and help out his teammates.

RepardReece

Ronaldo in the same manner needs to work for the team. For me that is lowering his ego and accepting he should not be the superstar of the team. In some games (specially the intense ones) he should be starting from the bench and coming in as an impact sub-player. Should he start he needs to follow the coaches instructions in terms of movement/pressing/defensive work, and help out his teammates.
Um, the coaches send instructions to the players? Have you been watching our matches, no player is following them if that's the case.

JebelSherif

Supports
Huddersfield Town
...Ronaldo in the same manner needs to work for the team. For me that is lowering his ego and accepting he should not be the superstar of the team.
I just seen a flying pig, outside my window.

Where is Ronaldo tonight, by-the-way? Is he a) re-charging his batteries ready for the Watford match or b) dicking about vs Ireland in a Portugal top (in a meaningless game as they will qualify easily anyway)?

Here is a clue which I just read on the Guardian news feed: "Ronaldo fires a half-volley a foot wide of the far post. He looks the best (only) chance of a late goal in this game."

I bet him and his agent had all sorts of small print in his contract in August, like a 'get-out' clause if Utd. don't get top-4 or win the Europa Cup.... Did Utd. not put any in themselves to help the club, like semi-retire from International duty to extend your career with us, whilst we are paying you £2 million a month!

Last edited:

LJJT

Watching Portugal tonight was very much like watching united. Not a lot going on creativity wise. Ronaldo not contributing a great deal and Bruno losing the ball often throwing his arms up in the air.

KeanoMagicHat

Watching Portugal tonight was very much like watching united. Not a lot going on creativity wise. Ronaldo not contributing a great deal and Bruno losing the ball often throwing his arms up in the air.
Yeah, Bruno and Ronaldo are not good together in a team dynamic. The evidence is quite damning now over a significant number of matches for Portugal and United, which begs the question again of why United bought the number 1 player who limits their previous best player’s game.

JebelSherif

Supports
Huddersfield Town
Yeah, Bruno and Ronaldo are not good together in a team dynamic. The evidence is quite damning now over a significant number of matches for Portugal and United, which begs the question again of why United bought the number 1 player who limits their previous best player’s game.
Because Sir Alex Ferguson said to.

LInkash

Hasn't Bruno's chance creation been crazy this season? Bruno has also assisted Ronaldo quite a few times already.

Deery

Dreary
Hasn't Bruno's chance creation been crazy this season? Bruno has also assisted Ronaldo quite a few times already.
Don’t let facts get in the way of a good story. Portugal were terrible but Ronaldo still had the most chances to score of anyone on the pitch about 4 chances, narrowly missing a header and shot.

It was clear Portugal were looking a draw with many big players starting on the bench and not overcommitting going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.