Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiriticon

Question for people who are happy for his contract to be cut up:

Would you be happy if he went to Chelsea for nothing?
Absolutely. He'll ruin their general game and team structure and we save 20 million.

What is there to lose?

Also, he's not likely to stay longer than a year there either.

Devil81

Is it possible his missus doesn't want to live in England, we're all assuming it's totally football related but it could be a combination of a few things.

I just don't see a club that he goes to currently that is actually an improvement on United so I can't understand the logic.

GoldanoGraham

No way we terminate his contract. He can leave for a nominal fee but WE must be able to control this departure. Cant let him rock up at competitor once freed.

He is acting like a petulant child.

Lee565

Am I the only that is more eager to see him sod off this summer than either pogba or lingard, they at least acted professionally and didn't run off to another country in a strop because they couldn't leave the club.

He is a toxic brat.

AndySmith1990

Couldn't give a toss where he goes. He could rock up at Anfield wearing a shell suit for all I care.

He's one of the least likeable United players I've known and can't wait for him to officially leave.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
This fanbase already chanted his name for over a decade after he called himself a slave and departed the club at his prime. If he does stay, his weird fanboys and OT will be Siiiiuing and Viva Ronaldo ing within two weeks.
"Siiiiuing and Viva Ronaldoing" :lol:

MUFC OK

Is it possible his missus doesn't want to live in England, we're all assuming it's totally football related but it could be a combination of a few things.

I just don't see a club that he goes to currently that is actually an improvement on United so I can't understand the logic.
Probably doesn’t want to be at a club that no longer promotes excellence, employs substandard players and doesn’t compete at the highest level.

Eddy_JukeZ

I no longer want him at the club. Once players have their heart set on leaving, I'd always let them leave.

So I'd get rid by any means necessary.

He's 38 in February. He's a much worse player 14 years later. Just get rid.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Probably doesn’t want to be at a club that no longer promotes excellence, employs substandard players and doesn’t compete at the highest level.
Yeah. And the clubs who currently do all or most of these things rightly don’t want him.

Devil81

Then he's in for a shock because I don't see a club he can go to that will offer him that.

United will be better off without him, we're rebuilding.

MUFC OK

Think Chelsea is the only team who is willing to take him. Would explain the released from contract rumours - we made it clear from early that we wouldn’t sell to a rival.

Eddy_JukeZ

And yet no top club wants him.

So he can't compete at the highest level either.

His ego is through the roof.

spiriticon

From our point of view, we also actually don't need a grandpa who runs out steam after 10 minutes of pressing, throws a strop when on the bench and no longer scores 50 goals a year.

He's as past it as we are. He should know his place.

Devil81

He isn’t going to Chelsea. If Chelsea wanted him they’d have no issue paying the 12m fee we’d likely want. This is all about getting him to either atletico or Bayern.
Atletico risk a riot if they sign him and he doesn't fit the Bayern Munich way of business.

I just don't see him going their.

Remember the geese

100%, man. Just a thought that occurred seeing all the anger on here. Personally I'm not angered by his desire to leave - I think it could be a good thing for the team, Ten Hag and Ronaldo. He's clearly driven by personal goals in these last few seasons of his career and he's betting we can't deliver them for him - he's probably right but hopefully wrong.
I think in the long run it's a good thing, but it does him no favours with the fans. Not that I expect that to concern him. It only goes to prove that he would have been more than happy to sign for City. I do think it's terrible timing for the club because there isn't a suitable replacement available. From his point of view, we are not in the Champions League, nor in a position to challenge for the league this season. However, no top side seemingly wants to touch him which I take great delight from, but also despair that we may have to tolerate his antics for another year.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He should join Benfica and turn SCP fans against him.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I don't think it's worth showing who is stronger and stomping our foot down.

Negotiate a termination even if it costs us some money. In the long run we'd be better off because this drama is just not worth it

If we let him rot on the bench he'll just pick his wages and not show up for training. He won't care about Qatar since his spot there is guaranteed.

Really disappointing to see a great career end like a twat.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
I think in the long run it's a good thing, but it does him no favours with the fans. Not that I expect that to concern him. It only goes to prove that he would have been more than happy to sign for City. I do think it's terrible timing for the club because there isn't a suitable replacement available. From his point of view, we are not in the Champions League, nor in a position to challenge for the league this season. However, no top side seemingly wants to touch him which I take great delight from, but also despair that we may have to tolerate his antics for another year.
Yeah, with a lack of takers, it is a bit of a shitshow.

MUFC OK

He isn’t going to Chelsea. If Chelsea wanted him they’d have no issue paying the 12m fee we’d likely want. This is all about getting him to either atletico or Bayern.
I think Chelsea would take him, but we wouldn't sell to them. If we release him he goes there for free, pocketing a huge sign on bonus, and very importantly a huge bonus for Mendes.

Woziak

yeah

he never cared about us why should we give a toss if he plays for them
Let’s extend his contract and then sell him to the Saudis next year, let him go on loan to Athletico this. Year and destroy his legacy with Real too !

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I think Chelsea would take him, but we wouldn't sell to them. If we release him he goes there for free, pocketing a huge sign on bonus, and very importantly a huge bonus for Mendes.
There’s no way we’d refuse to sell him to Chelsea, then release him without knowing where he was going and he just rocks up at Chelsea. Even by our standards that’s an incompetence level we can’t reach.

Revaulx

Well that's a shame, because that sort of club is the only one that'll accommodate him these days.

Trex

If I were ETH I'll want Ronaldo gone, the last guy we have who head is too big for his body, the rest of the squad will absolutely play to his instructions. It will be him 100 percent in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.