g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawks2008

If Napoli are interested why not throw them Ronaldo for Ruiz who they will lose for free at seasons end.

Loony BoB

Honestly surprises me that in this day and age they are having to dive into a traffic rush in the first place. Surely the logical thing to do is, after the game, make use of facilities to either:
1) Review the game if you did not play, or review opposition team in preparation a future game, anything useful. Heck, you could even do some indoor gym work or something.
2) Review the game if you did play, or use the onsite facilities to get post-game physical therapy, or even both.

The last time the players should be going home is at the same time as the fans, I agree with players on that. But that doesn't mean they should leave early and beat the traffic, it means they should make themselves useful to the squad. It's not a 9-5 M-F job they signed up for.

Genuinely think this should be common sense for any club. Still surprises me that the players arrive by bus shortly before the game starts, they should have stayed at the stadium overnight if it's an early game (do they not have facilities for that?) or they should have arrived hours earlier.

But hey, I'm just a pleb in a chair, I'm sure there are reasons they do things they way they do 'em...

R'hllor

Fair enough. I think ETH will try to work with him. If it becomes impossible, ETH will get rid of him. It’s the right way rather than getting rid without even working together at all.
That would be already too late. So its not right way, only way to work together with Ronaldo is to do his way and what he wants, you sub him, he will act up like a cnut, you dont start him same thing, players not passing him regardless of is that best solution or not, he will throw around his hands moaning.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Unprofessional behavior from Ronaldo, which he doesn't need.

He's supposed to be the one with the winning attitude that was haranguing his teammates last season to put in more effort and focus.

What does he even want, exactly? For us to pay his wages while he plays for Sporting or some other small CL club? That's definitely not happening.

Spoony

The People's President
And I’m absolutely right. I do not support the club over the players, but its obvious in this thread that 95% of the posters are kids who hate on him just for the simple reason that they’re fans of the other guy. People were abusing him because he pulled his shorts up in a pic ffs, that seem mature to you? I think that’s BS.

I don’t care about the Ronaldo Messi debate. I like one, you can like the other. I do care about ManUtd. He’s our most lethal attacker and so I want him to stay a for a year and then we can figure something else out.

:lol:

Yeah 'stop hating on him'.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
And I’m absolutely right. I do not support the club over the players, but its obvious in this thread that 95% of the posters are kids who hate on him just for the simple reason that they’re fans of the other guy. People were abusing him because he pulled his shorts up in a pic ffs, that seem mature to you? I think that’s BS.

I don’t care about the Ronaldo Messi debate. I like one, you can like the other. I do care about ManUtd. He’s our most lethal attacker and so I want him to stay a for a year and then we can figure something else out.
New manager trying to impose his authority on the squad, and the guy drives home before the match finishes after getting subbed at half time and playing wantaway all summer.

First of all it was the pictures of him leaving were fake, then it was he obviously has permission from ETH, then when that was disproven it’s no one cares his haters are just making a big deal out of it (despite the manager saying it was unacceptable).

I can get (though disagree) that a United fan thinking he’s worth the drama and you need him for this season, but do you genuinely not think he’s acting like a dick?

Rolaholic

The idea that United fans are criticizing his highnesses behavior simply because they're fecking Messi fanboys is something... :houllier: :houllier:

Loony BoB

Can confirm I've always had a personal preference for Ronaldo over Messi as a player, just suits the style of football I like more, with a healthy dose of United bias. Doesn't mean Ronaldo is impervious to criticism. Not everything is about those two, goodness me.

mu4c_20le

The idea that United fans are criticizing his highnesses behavior simply because they're fecking Messi fanboys is something... :houllier: :houllier:
Reminds me of when people were saying the ones criticizing Ralf were all Ole fanboys

NewYorkRed

New manager trying to impose his authority on the squad, and the guy drives home before the match finishes after getting subbed at half time and playing wantaway all summer.

First of all it was the pictures of him leaving were fake, then it was he obviously has permission from ETH, then when that was disproven it’s no one cares his haters are just making a big deal out of it (despite the manager saying it was unacceptable).

I can get (though disagree) that a United fan thinking he’s worth the drama and you need him for this season, but do you genuinely not think he’s acting like a dick?
Read my post above and previous posts, I have said that he has handled this like an idiot.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
its quite the take alright

I had a quick scroll through post history of one of the Ronaldo supporters....it was worrying and obsessive.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The others have an excuse they were merely spectators.
Ronaldo played in that match. That's unacceptable, I can't believe some are defending it.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Yeah this is the part that keeps bringing me back to this thread.

It's QAnon/ Trump stuff.

"That didn't happen. And if it did, it wasn't that bad. And if it was, that's not a big deal. And if it is, that's not his fault. And if it was, he didn't mean it. And if he did... it was deserved."

downunder red

This is going to be a circus all year long. He has to go.
The main problem IMO is that there are people on the board who want him to stay just for the social media benefits he provides. Glazers economics.
I really hope they get rid of him as soon as possible because we have someone special in ETH and he could do without this crap.

croadyman

This is going to be a circus all year long. He has to go.
The main problem IMO is that there are people on the board who want him to stay just for the social media benefits he provides. Glazers economics.
I really hope they get rid of him as soon as possible because we have someone special in ETH and he could do without this crap.
Sensible mindset

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Mentality and maturity and all that. He's such a petulant twat. One of the best ever but it doesn't make him less of a twat.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Seems like some narratives about him are being shown to be false as he's gotten older. The whole "Ronaldo can win with 10 logs off wood" thing, him being a leader and "liking a challenge" don't look as accurate as thought

Last edited:

The Firestarter

This is hilarious. I can't believe this is actually happening and our manager has power again.
EtH knows that early on he has the biggest "mandate" left , and he needs to put the foot down. If it happens mid season he could be already undermined a bit.

Glorio

So Ronaldo leaving early was actually a bad thing? I didn't really follow the drama but I saw post making it to not be a big deal
:lol: :lol: :lol: Ronaldo fans are truly the weirdest lot, masters in mental gymnastics to protect and extol the virtues of their god

Glorio

They were in the match day squad? I actually don't know.
They weren't. And so they probably didn't even have to be at the game.
I think only one of the players who left early was in the match day squad

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Our club needs support more than anything else at this point. This means our Manager needs support and respect from the players as well. Disrespect should not be tolerated. I love the guy but if this is all true, I'm very disappointed. You support a player based on their respect for the game and their club. Disrespecting your Manager is disrespecting the game and all their supporters. That's a definite no no and I'm hoping it's a bit blown out of proportion. He needs to get his shit together because United has to win those trophies and no distraction is preferred.

Zippycup

I genuinely can't wait until he leaves. As predicted by many he has created a circus and turned the club into the Ronaldo show.
I couldn't stand him when he left in 09 and my feelings are borderline hatred towards him now.
Let's be honest here. He was awful for the most part last season with his goal tally deflecting criticism of his true performances. He is a grown man acting like he's still 18, acting like he is still the best player on the planet. FFS. He isn't even the best player at the club, he wouldn't even get into my starting 11.

His ego is such that he expected an avalanche of offers when he made public his desire to leave. I'd actually find that funny except it means we could be stuck with him for another season. The split he is going to cause in the dressing room will be our downfall thus season

A club legend my arse.

Craig Kinghorn

Get Rid of the egomaniac or Ten Hag might as well have both hands tied behind his back.I’d be shocked if Ten Hag hasn’t privately communicated something similar.

Greck

They weren't. And so they probably didn't even have to be at the game.
I think only one of the players who left early was in the match day squad
It was always silly to equate them. Guessing they weren't reporting to the dressing room like those participating, they had no no postmatch briefings or obligations to attend so their leaving while not ideal wasn't the same level of insubordination. Even their interaction during the match, doesn't look like he's highly engaged with what the manager is doing. Not surprised ETH has straight up refused to cover up for him.

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
So ETH has exposed Ronaldo, the rest of idiots who left with him, the United Stand and the sheeps pretending everything is always fine, all in one hit. Brilliant.
ETH has shown a lot of personality here not to toe the line. Awaiting the next spin from PR7’s PR team

Glorio

If Ten Hag is ok to keep him, then he deserves everything that cnut gonna serve him up, because there is no universe or anyone that dumb to think fecking Ronaldo will be ok with being squad player and wont stink up a place. So again, its on ETH, if he wants him gone, Ronaldo wont be in first team, simple, gone doesnt mean sell, loan or release, i would just remove him from first team, not my problem, he can practice with reserves or not, he can just feck off in general, dont care.
Would be great to revisit the old Fergie classic of sending him off to Adidas (used to be Nike) to train

Amarsdd

This is hilarious. I can't believe this is actually happening and our manager has power again.
we haven’t seen it yet, its only being spoken about. Lets see (and hope) it does come about over the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.