Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Unsurprisingly we actually look like a football team that have an attack when he isn't playing.
Fair fecks for the team and ETH if they keep this up. I still think Ronaldo is the better forward and would be able to play in a press system but if the team can score and win without him the best for everyone.

Ladron de redcafe

His personal media advisor

This knucklehead is punching windows in his house right now :lol:

Unsurprisingly we actually look like a football team that have an attack when he isn't playing.
Nothing surprising in that, as you pointed out. United just beat Liverpool after benching the diva - a pretty big difference between this and losing by 4 in the same fixture last season, when we decided to play through Ronaldo.

AndySmith1990

If he's willing to be a team player and sit on the bench more often than not then fine, no problem if he stays. If he's at all being disruptive hopefully Ten Hag pushes for his exit. We'll see

KeanoMagicHat

This knucklehead is punching windows in his house right now :lol:

Nothing surprising in that, as you pointed out. United just beat Liverpool after benching the diva - a pretty big difference between this and losing by 4 in the same fixture last season, when we decided to play through Ronaldo.
It’s a sad sign of the world that you can be so wrong pretty much all of the time yet be as successful as Piers Morgan.

DutchCruijff

Didn't press at all when he came on. Clearly upset and he's got the World Cup in his head.

Will make one last big push to move elsewhere.

But why put it in such a trash cameo with minimal effort? Why would anyone want to sign you?

And I still can't see any suitors. Even if his salary demands were more than halved to £200K, I can't see anyone realistically going for him.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Didn't press at all when he came on. Clearly upset and he's got the World Cup in his head.

Will make one last big push to move elsewhere.

But why put it in such a trash cameo with minimal effort? Why would anyone want to sign you?

And I still can't see any suitors. Even if his salary demands were more than halved to £200K, I can't see anyone realistically going for him.
Yup, agree. Very noticeable.

prateik

Ideally he fecks off.. If he stays, he cant be a starter.. Rashford+Martial+Gakpo ahead of him.

The Firestarter

I also think is a bad decision. It removes any remote threat of a goal so Liverpool will concentrate just on the offensive although at the same time a defeat is expected even with Ronaldo playing as a starter. If the game is still even by the second time then he could be useful coming from the bench but if United is already losing by 3 goals then there would be no point in him coming in.
:lol:

DutchCruijff

He really should have knuckled down. Skipping preseason, I'm sorry, was laughable. I'm sure he had issues that needed attending to but I'm also certain that he could have turned up to preseason too.

If I'm a potential suitor, I'm not taking him on board for £200K+. Not one bit.

And his lack of pressing at the end was awful to see.

This won't end well as he was disappointed with United's transfer market. Well the forwards are getting crowded and he has Martial ahead of him.

R'hllor

Regardless of my opinion on him, he could play his cards much better after last season ended, sadly its not in his DNA to have team on his mind, he could act like supportive veteran for team while looking a way out in classy manner, instead he turned into delusional whore that nobody wants to touch.

STYLOISRED

Let the GOAT go and buy a proper understudy for Martial. There is noway he is starting over Martial and i see more tantrums coming.

STYLOISRED

Regardless of my opinion on him, he could play his cards much better after last season ended, sadly its not in his DNA to have team on his mind, he could act like supportive veteran for team while looking a way out in classy manner, instead he turned into delusional whore that nobody wants to touch.
Similar to Zlatan at Milan. The players all adore him.

VP

But lads let's not forget he has the most Instagram followers

worldinmotion66

Martial has been a big miss this season, he's miles ahead of ronaldo now in this system. I'd just let him go on loan as long as they agree to pay his wages. He brings a circus with him that really isn't worthwhile.

flappyjay

Should have settled himself down and stayed for the next few years as the veteran striker.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Is there anyone here who thinks we would have won tonight if Ronaldo had started?

DutchCruijff

He's off and I suspect he will lower his demands to go to a "lower tier side" - wouldn't be surprised if it is Napoli or Sporting.

It's a shame. I hoped he would have knuckled down and stayed. Maybe a loan till World Cup at such short notice?

I think Ten Hag has made it clear he won't be starting and with the World Cup in mind, he's going to leave.

I think it would be a mistake to let him go because we're short up top and don't have a pure CF. But can understand that him leaving could release the burden on some players.

Iron Stove

It was quite telling how ETH in the post match interview mentioned how he wanted forwards to press and that "some players feel like they can't do that because they need to conserve energy for attacking, but a modern forward needs to do both".. or something to that effect.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Seeing as the Glazers have finally opened the purse strings, we should let him go to release some wages but can someone pay up? I'd even let him go to Chelsea although that's a last resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.