Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

::sonny::

The most important thing in England for a striker is to press high and run 14 km/game

Without this all the other attributes are useless

Alemar

Dropped...but replaced with Rashford? Not sure what message that sends. Drop him for Martial at least!
Fully agree. Rashford was also shit, to the same extent, hence message in not clear. Martial wasn’t shit (as he didn’t play)

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Don't disagree with the decision to bench him, but I think he comes off the bench at halftime

prateik

Hopefully the end of him as a starter.. even if we cant find someone to take him off us, the bench is where he belongs

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Did you hear that exchange with Roy? Certainly doesn’t help the manager.

NewYorkRed

Did you hear that exchange with Roy? Certainly doesn’t help the manager.
Yeah what is this?

Also, i’m a huge Ronaldo fan. But if this manager thinks for this game its right not to start him, I’m backing ETH. Ronnie doesn’t have the legs he used to and this liverpool team run you to the ground so tactically, it sort of makes sense. Lets hope it works.

Zen

What happened?
Came to the sidelines to say hi to the people he knew.... Gary and Roy. Roy looked a bit humbled by it too, not good for his image that the most famous man on the planet is hugging him out of the blue :lol: (even though Roy loves him right back)

Chip

Came to the sidelines to say him to the people he knew.... Gary and Roy. Roy looked a bit humbled by it too, not good for his image that the most famous man on the planet is hugging him out of the blue :lol: (even though Roy loves him right back)
Cheers mate! I just saw the video as well - great moment :lol:

Chairman Steve

I hate this world we live where we’ve now got fans of players, who seem to hold an unhealthy parasocial relationship with certain players. What happens to these weirdos when they retire?

And yeah, Piers Morgan trying to keep his relationship up with Ronaldo for them exclusive interviews :lol:

NewYorkRed

Ok there is absolutely nothing wrong with what he said, how is that undermining the manager? Stupid hyperbole around Ronaldo. Not surprising.

KeanoMagicHat

Ronaldo's fans: Ronaldo's pressing isn't an issue
Ten Hag: I didn't choose Ronaldo because we need to press tonight

Pronewbie

Peep
ETH's pre-match comments on Ronnie was pretty damning. When asked why Ronaldo isn't playing, he said that Liverpool are a good team in possession and without it so we need to be able to press Liverpool and attack fast during the transition.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
His personal media advisor

I also think is a bad decision. It removes any remote threat of a goal so Liverpool will concentrate just on the offensive although at the same time a defeat is expected even with Ronaldo playing as a starter. If the game is still even by the second time then he could be useful coming from the bench but if United is already losing by 3 goals then there would be no point in him coming in.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I also think is a bad decision. It removes any remote threat of a goal so Liverpool will concentrate just on the offensive although at the same time a defeat is expected even with Ronaldo playing as a starter. If the game is still even by the second time then he could be useful coming from the bench but if United is already losing by 3 goals then there would be no point in him coming in.
This aged well :D

OverratedOpinion

Unsurprisingly we actually look like a football team that have an attack when he isn't playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.