g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pronewbie

Peep
I thought the ball deflected off their defender but it was a really strange through-ball to Rashford. I’m also convinced Bruno tries too hard to provide chances for Ronnie to the detriment of his own game.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Forget Anthony, do a deal with Napoli for Osimhen with Ronnie going the other way. Same kinda money should do it.

I think Osimhen could be dynamite in the PL.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
It's all getting quite ugly. I think he absolutely has to go at this stage. The last thing we need is the constant camera cuts to him looking pissed sitting on the bench every game. Not an issue when we're winning but the circus will start again when we lose. I love Ronaldo, still a legend in my eyes, but a move should be paramount for him and us. All of this is conditional on us bringing in a replacement of course.

SATA

He’s going to stay, isn’t he? Thing is he isn’t going to accept sitting on the bench for too long once the window closes and we are eventually going to see lots of unwanted drama of his

Wing Attack Plan R

Pure nostalgia at this point. Ronaldo's technique is such that had he been on the end of those chances in the first half, you'd bank on him scoring - but - he isn't getting on the end of those crosses in this team. A couple times he gestured at the nearest Southampton player, as if it were someone else's job to close him down, and basically jogged. 20 minutes and couldn't give maximum effort. I honestly believe that bringing on a young harrier for the final 20 minutes would have done more to disrupt Soton's ability to launch attacks. He's basically a passenger unless the ball finds him in the box. He is the definition now of a luxury player, and we can't carry him.

Rolaholic

Bit damning for anyone still on the fence

SATA

Weird of Castles to put and write a client of Mendes in such a negative light when both of them are probably mates. There must be something going on

Suv666

Embarassing. Should have quitely honoured his contract and then fecked off.

Every club in Europe has told him to do one.
Have some self respect cnut.

You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become an absolute clown

Castia

If there was a genuine club interested we'd probably agree to let him go for free (save 20m in wages)

Nobody can afford him. So weird how he's willing to join any CL club I mean half of the ones linked would do well to get out of the group stage.

Member 101269

Pure nostalgia at this point. Ronaldo's technique is such that had he been on the end of those chances in the first half, you'd bank on him scoring - but - he isn't getting on the end of those crosses in this team. A couple times he gestured at the nearest Southampton player, as if it were someone else's job to close him down, and basically jogged. 20 minutes and couldn't give maximum effort. I honestly believe that bringing on a young harrier for the final 20 minutes would have done more to disrupt Soton's ability to launch attacks. He's basically a passenger unless the ball finds him in the box. He is the definition now of a luxury player, and we can't carry him.
And Haaland stands there waiting for the tap in.

KeanoMagicHat

Bit damning for anyone still on the fence
Classic spin of Ronaldo ‘did his part’ and everyone else let him down, like he couldn’t be at fault for anything.

Then the ‘that his dream has come to this’ part, again ignoring the fact that Mendes has tried more desperately to find Ronaldo a deal publicly than maybe any player in history, trying every CL club and he still can’t get a club. That says more about Ronaldo actually that nobody wants him.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
I think he is better off staying at United, the attack is still poor and they're missing a lot of chances so it's something inevitable, specially if the team doesn't get a more clinical forward.. Then if he's so upset and wants to leave that badly the team should also facilitate his departure should a fair offer for him is made.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If there was a genuine club interested we'd probably agree to let him go for free (save 20m in wages)

Nobody can afford him. So weird how he's willing to join any CL club I mean half of the ones linked would do well to get out of the group stage.
That's why you have to wonder if a lot of this is media nonsense.

Surely losing the status of playing for United isn't worth say 6 games max in the champions league for some minnow? Potentially where they're against way stronger teams meaning he may not score any anyway?

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Classic spin of Ronaldo ‘did his part’ and everyone else let him down, like he couldn’t be at fault for anything.
Yup.

I genuinely think Mendes/Ronaldo see that and think that it’s positive spin, total misreading of the room
I don't think he is trying to speak to the vast majority of United fans who are frustrated with his behaviour, this message is aimed at more "Neutral" fans or fans of the player/ brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.