Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jericho

He was terrible. I’m not a Ronaldo fan but the only thing I’ll say is that this happened last year too where he was atrocious and he looked completely done, and then he came into form.

FerociousCorgis

Yeah unfortunately looks sad to see how done he appears. So poor. Simple thru ball to elanga and he misses it by like 10 yards

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He's been absolutely shocking today. Completely out of ideas when he gets it. Need to get rid.
You can see he’s distracted. Not sure where he’s going to play, what direction his career is going, what his body is capable of. And he’s obviously not in good shape. So this’ll exacerbate a lot of his real issues.

You have to say that since his pace has disappeared his deficiencies in close control and tight dribbling have been hard to miss. He gets a lot of praise for prolonging his career and adapting his game, but he hasn’t adapted that part at all. He still tries to take players on the outside, power past them and aim for that far post strike. That Salisu moment has happened so many times now, he just can’t seem to accept he doesn’t have that speed any more, and he can’t figure out a different way to beat players or even just keep the ball. Lots of clumsiness.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Let him go for free.
In this state, he has no value at all.
Agbalagba.

Rojow

How can a player of his caliber pass the ball so bad? You expect old players to do better when you lose your pace. It's not the case with Ronaldo. Annoying.

WPMUFC

Mutual termination of contract...please just do it. Lance the boil and get it over with. He's not ready to start, his knee was tetchy 3 mins after coming on. He might actually be pushing himself too hard to prove ETH wrong.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He wasn't good, but he was much better up front than Rashford who was a complete non-entity. At least Ronaldo did give us a bit of a focal point and we started winning some headers. Completely messed up that last pass though.

Both of them showed how much we miss an in-form Martial though.

Adamsk7

He’s looks done. Sometimes with players it just hits you. I reckon the lack of a preseason has just accelerated it. I mean I’m sure it’ll knock his confidence that he’s not Zlatan playing in to his 40’s but age catches up with everyone differently

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
That chance showed that despite he became slow fecker, he will not adapt. He could have pass the ball to Eriksen (or Rashford, i forgot) but he went in solo run.
Finished player

jesperjaap

The anti Ronaldo bias on here is quite shocking. Our player of the season last year, wants to go and is then labelled a mercenary and now after two sub standard appearances from the bench....he is done.

Didnt we hear this all before last season when he had a few bad games and then went on a run.

Dont get me wrong, the guy is 37, not the same player and there are signs physically in terms of his reactions of approaching a fair drop in quality. Also if he wants to go, we should let him go, we shouldnt be slating a legend of this club though.

The guy was paramount in us winning several trophies in his first spell before leaving for his dream club, he has come back and at an ol dage in an awful side been literally the only reason we got out of the group stage of the champions league, been our players of the season and now at the end of his career with a season or two left, wishes to play CL football and leave a club he loves in a mess. Not ideal but understandable and we should let him go and replace him, its that simple......if he stayed though, he would still get goals and do far more than Rashford/Martial up front...that is the key point for me....he needs replacing yet we are replacing by looks of it by signings a winger which still means Rashford/Martial up fron....not good

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Let's hope no one is watching him play if anyone is desperate enough to take him this week.

NewYorkRed

The anti Ronaldo bias on here is quite shocking. Our player of the season last year, wants to go and is then labelled a mercenary and now after two sub standard appearances from the bench....he is done.

Didnt we hear this all before last season when he had a few bad games and then went on a run.

Dont get me wrong, the guy is 37, not the same player and there are signs physically in terms of his reactions of approaching a fair drop in quality. Also if he wants to go, we should let him go, we shouldnt be slating a legend of this club though.

The guy was paramount in us winning several trophies in his first spell before leaving for his dream club, he has come back and at an ol dage in an awful side been literally the only reason we got out of the group stage of the champions league, been our players of the season and now at the end of his career with a season or two left, wishes to play CL football and leave a club he loves in a mess. Not ideal but understandable and we should let him go and replace him, its that simple......if he stayed though, he would still get goals and do far more than Rashford/Martial up front...that is the key point for me....he needs replacing yet we are replacing by looks of it by signings a winger which still means Rashford/Martial up fron....not good
You’re not allowed to talk sense. ESPECIALLY about Ronaldo. Everyone hates him, its been like this his whole career. Some of these lot have waited a decade to be able to say some of this stuff. Let them have their moment.

Theo88

The anti Ronaldo bias stems from his unique attitude going into this. He is acting like Man Utd is a stepping stone for him to go away and score a Few extra goals in CL playing for a pub football team in Turkey or something. UTD has made him one of the league highest earners last year his contract is perhaps the biggest recorded fir anyone in that age.

Yes the quality has dropped and it seems like we are finally making a few right moves to support the team and he went on a stupid quest that was made painfully public in getting a transfer.

Our manager is considering him as a 2ns 3rd option. He showed again today that he cant be a starter. People are annoyed with the whole prima dona approach and the eagerness to shit all over the club that helped u become what you are.

And I’m fairly certain that he skipped pre season which isnt looking well. It’s not as if we’re not fine with him going. Nobody is taking him and suddenly it’s the teams fault. Ffs. He is too old.

OverratedOpinion

You’re not allowed to talk sense. ESPECIALLY about Ronaldo. Everyone hates him, its been like this his whole career. Some of these lot have waited a decade to be able to say some of this stuff. Let them have their moment.
Or there are a lot of people who absolutely loved him as a player but not to such a cultish degree that we can be honest that he looks absolutely finished as a top level player.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Trying to get Ronaldo a goal whilst increasing the risk of conceding is one of the more bizarre situations in football.
Yes, this is a real thing :lol:

Bruno did it in the last game. Fred this time had to take it to the corne flag but whipped in a cross.

GregM40

Not sure what he was thinking at the end of the game. Also a moment he was 1 on 1 and I thought it's on but then forgot it was Ronaldo and he has no pace.

Clearly not bothered now, best for everyone if he moves on.

FerociousCorgis

Actually I have loved watching Ronaldo, have his old united jersey still. But even I can recognize the guy looks like absolute shit right now. That "pass" to elanga should've been a simple slip in behind the backline and Ronaldo missed it by like 10 yards easy

theatreofdreams777

How does he see Europa League beneath his level when it's perfectly apparent that he's completely finished? He thinks he should play in Champions League like he deserves it but he's done.

It's actually a blessing in disguise as it gives us a chance to get rid but I fear we'll be left with him come September 1. Hope we're not that stupid to keep him & Maguire when it's clear that we're better off them.

Please be clever for once and get rid of both him & Maguire before the window closes.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He reserves himself solely for moments when it looks like he’s going to get a chance to score. You just cannot play with a no.9 like that in the PL

SATA

What kind of crap through pass was he trying to attempt to Rashford? All he had to do was play a straight pass with the correct weight and Marcus was through, but he played the pass so wide off it. Even anyone of my sunday league team could have played that correctly :houllier:

SirMonteyne

seems you are spot on, it looks more personal for them. It's actually scary.

NewYorkRed

Or there are a lot of people who absolutely loved him as a player but not to such a cultish degree that we can be honest that he looks absolutely finished as a top level player.
Absolutely finished players don’t score 25 goals in a season.

OverratedOpinion

Ronaldo plays like shit...

Posters: God that 37 year old striker played like shit. Considering he is nearly 38 he is probably done.

Ronaldo fanboys: OMG this is personal hatred it's scary!

MrEleson

The irony is that the same guys will be quick to label anyone in defence of him a “fanboy” despite being on the extreme other end of the pole
Can I ask what is the motivation for your constant defence of him over the smallest details?

I am genuinely curious.
Where was I doing that here? The other guy was picking (wrongly) at what I wrote in relation to that clip.

Shai-Hulud

It's time to go. He's done.

Terminate his contract, pay off 50% of his remaining wages if necessary.

It's time to spend big in attack. Bring in both Antony and Osimhen.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
A bit too early season to call him finished but obviously he soon will be due to his age. If he stays and doesn't bother it will hurt him when he has to find a new club.

rajds89

It’s scary that there are some people on here and other social media sites that will go to crazy lengths to defend this bloke. How anyone can watch that performance from him today and still believe he has something to offer us going forward is beyond me. On the pitch he is rapidly in decline, off it he is sulking because he isn’t getting things his own way.

The sooner he is gone, the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.