Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarrou

What kind of crap through pass was he trying to attempt to Rashford? All he had to do was play a straight pass with the correct weight and Marcus was through, but he played the pass so wide off it. Even anyone of my sunday league team could have played that correctly :houllier:
I think he wants to put it wide so he can get in the box and score himself

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
It’s scary that there are some people on here and other social media sites that will go to crazy lengths to defend this bloke. How anyone can watch that performance from him today and still believe he has something to offer us going forward is beyond me. On the pitch he is rapidly in decline, off it he is sulking because he isn’t getting things his own way.

The sooner he is gone, the better.
And he's paid the highest wages in the league.

DavelinaJolie

I honestly think the only way he is going to leave is if he and Utd agree to mutually terminate the contract, or Utd pay a large portion of his wages on a loan.

OverratedOpinion

Absolutely finished players don’t score 25 goals in a season.
Aguero went from scoring 23 to scoring 6 the next year then having to retire.
Tevez went to scoring 29 to never scoring more than 10 in a season in a terrible league.
Van Nistelrooy went from scoring 20 to then being pretty much finished as a player.

There are so many examples. At a certain point every player tips over the edge where they just don't have it anymore.

Ronaldo's generally poor performances last season were pretty telling. He has lost his pace, he gets outmuscled worryingly easily, he doesn't pass the ball well, he can't take a player on.

The point is this is not some personal vendetta, it is genuine frustration at him playing badly for us.

OverratedOpinion

Where was I doing that here? The other guy was picking (wrongly) at what I wrote in relation to that clip.
You were trying to highlight Ronaldo having a good relationship with his teammates in defence to the calls of him being toxic around the dressing room.

I am also asking in relation to the fact that you spend so much time in here debating with anyone who says anything negative about him.

jesperjaap

The anti Ronaldo bias stems from his unique attitude going into this. He is acting like Man Utd is a stepping stone for him to go away and score a Few extra goals in CL playing for a pub football team in Turkey or something. UTD has made him one of the league highest earners last year his contract is perhaps the biggest recorded fir anyone in that age.

Yes the quality has dropped and it seems like we are finally making a few right moves to support the team and he went on a stupid quest that was made painfully public in getting a transfer.

Our manager is considering him as a 2ns 3rd option. He showed again today that he cant be a starter. People are annoyed with the whole prima dona approach and the eagerness to shit all over the club that helped u become what you are.

And I’m fairly certain that he skipped pre season which isnt looking well. It’s not as if we’re not fine with him going. Nobody is taking him and suddenly it’s the teams fault. Ffs. He is too old.
So he is chosing play cl football at the end of his career over money as obviously wont get that money anywhere else....I dont see that as acting like a prima donna? Yet ANtony is going public to say he is beign held a prisoner and people are applauding him for his will to come to the club, Which player is acting unprofessionally? Which player is doing things painfully publicly?

Ronaldo hasnt ever said anytign publicy but good about the club. Yes like a lot of great strikers there is a selfishness about him, yes we should now be moving him on to move forward, but he has been an excellent player here in both spells even at his age....we applauded Ibrahimovic, Cavani and Larsson as verterans....with ROnaldo its just about him being finished and he has done just as well if not better than any.

RedOrange

Watching him get caught by a CB when he had a 10 foot head start was genuinely depressing.

I think the margin for error is too slim to let him figure out how to be effective without the pace he used to have. Maybe if we were able to dominate possession it would work, but it's just not happening right now.

seegoblu

In a limited off the bench role, I doubt Ronaldo will lose United any games, but I would expect that he could win a few. He needs to accept the role or find a club that will take him and his entire salary.

SirMonteyne

Ronaldo plays like shit...

Posters: God that 37 year old striker played like shit. Considering he is nearly 38 he is probably done.

Ronaldo fanboys: OMG this is personal hatred it's scary!
Nah man, this thread has been the whole collection of Ronaldo hate speeches.

It’s scary that there are some people on here and other social media sites that will go to crazy lengths to defend this bloke. How anyone can watch that performance from him today and still believe he has something to offer us going forward is beyond me. On the pitch he is rapidly in decline, off it he is sulking because he isn’t getting things his own way.

The sooner he is gone, the better.
It's a pure double standard, man is the United's player of the year. He barely touched 10 balls this season. And the only player who can play as a striker for us (yet).

Gehrman

So he is chosing play cl football at the end of his career over money as obviously wont get that money anywhere else....I dont see that as acting like a prima donna? Yet ANtony is going public to say he is beign held a prisoner and people are applauding him for his will to come to the club, Which player is acting unprofessionally? Which player is doing things painfully publicly?

Ronaldo hasnt ever said anytign publicy but good about the club. Yes like a lot of great strikers there is a selfishness about him, yes we should now be moving him on to move forward, but he has been an excellent player here in both spells even at his age....we applauded Ibrahimovic, Cavani and Larsson as verterans....with ROnaldo its just about him being finished and he has done just as well if not better than any.
Oh please he's always been a prima Donna. Called himself a slave here when we were the best in the world.

DevilRed

not alot of options for him out there.

Would take the motivated version of him back in a heartbeat. He could have scored on some of those crosses in the first half.

Enigma_87

You know who
He's absolutely done at the highest level. Not sure he can cut it in CL team. MLS/Qatar should be his next destination.

Gehrman

not alot of options for him out there.

Would take the motivated version of him back in a heartbeat. He could have scored on some of those crosses in the first half.
Ronnie not being motivated? Didn't he go on television last season to talk about mentality.

MrEleson

You were trying to highlight Ronaldo having a good relationship with his teammates in defence to the calls of him being toxic around the dressing room.

I am also asking in relation to the fact that you spend so much time in here debating with anyone who says anything negative about him.
Yes I was, what about it?

And yeah I do. Serves as a good counter-balance to the constant bashing he receives here, no?

rajds89

Nah man, this thread has been the whole collection of Ronaldo hate speeches.

It's a pure double standard, man is the United's player of the year. He barely touched 10 balls this season. And the only player who can play as a striker for us (yet).
It’s not double standards though. Plenty of them get called out for poor performances.. difference is none of them have treated this club like a stepping stone and are wanting to jump ship because the club aren’t in the champions league thanks to poor performances last season, which he more than contributed towards.

Theo88

The Prima donna aspect is all hearsay i will give u this. He isnt a mercenary either. He is just a guy who is willing to sacrifice the club that helped him become what he is, gave him ‘feck you’ money at an age nobody would, to make sure the CL record doesnt go to Messi.

If everything we get from news outlets about him being shopped to any club is bulls*** fine. I seriously doubt it is. I have nothing against the guy, i just dont consider him an automatic starter and I’m sure he isnt getting another contract at that salary.

If he is content with that perfect. But i put UTD over anyone so not willing to have E10H playing him just because he is CR7. Also the publicity his transfer saga hs gotten is stupid. We’ve said worse for Pogba a year ago because his manager said things that dont come close to how the CR7 camp is dealing with this now. Plus the fanboys are running amoc. Do we really think he can lead the line for us at that age ?

MyDevil

That last chance, the Ronaldo of last season will shoot it instead of passed to Bruno. His focus is no longer here. Hope there is club coming in for him soon.

SirMonteyne

It’s not double standards though. Plenty of them get called out for poor performances.. difference is none of them have treated this club like a stepping stone and are wanting to jump ship because the club aren’t in the champions league thanks to poor performances last season, which he more than contributed towards.
Top clubs with top players will always have this kind of problem, Media always follows those kinds of players. I remember we had similar problems during the SAF era with a bunch of top players like Keane, Rooney, Ruud, etc. Even Barcelona, PSG, and Real Madrid had these problems.

I don't believe in some magical coach comes and builds a team with a bunch of hard-working nice guys to win everything. What I believe is any top-top teams need to have some experienced high profile players, and young promising players. Otherwise, we will be flashing a mid-table team and will be stuck in building a team cycle.

I don't get this wanting to ship out our only striker idea (our player of the year) when we don't have any transfer days.

Billy Jim

Cancel his contract and bring in a physical number 9. Seems to do more harm than good when he’s on.

DevilRed

Ronnie not being motivated? Didn't he go on television last season to talk about mentality.
I dont blame him for being so crestfallen.

The state of our squad last season and first two games? I'd want to leave too. He doesn't have many years left at the top.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He wasn't even that bad, did probably more than Rashford, but those two passes wide when he should have played it straight just so those players can pass him back so he can score instead of someone else is peak selfish Ronaldo and reason why he had so many haters throughout his career.

Irwin99

5 more days before the circus ends and hopefully we know where we stand. I'd be fine with him staying or going at this point, just can't be bothered with the all the media hype.

bakalhau

Aguero went from scoring 23 to scoring 6 the next year then having to retire.
Tevez went to scoring 29 to never scoring more than 10 in a season in a terrible league.
Van Nistelrooy went from scoring 20 to then being pretty much finished as a player.

There are so many examples. At a certain point every player tips over the edge where they just don't have it anymore.

Ronaldo's generally poor performances last season were pretty telling. He has lost his pace, he gets outmuscled worryingly easily, he doesn't pass the ball well, he can't take a player on.

The point is this is not some personal vendetta, it is genuine frustration at him playing badly for us.
And still, look at the amount of points his goals gave us, more than any other PL player, last season. Sure others pressed more, were more integral part of attacking. Still, Ronaldo provided a good number of goals, mroe than almost any other player, those goals were mostly of an extreme amount of technical quality, and he gave more points with his goals to his team than other players which scored less, but provided more in other areas. Stupid amount of game leading or match winning goals too. Don't need to talk about CL either, we all know how that went in the group stage. General decline has been apparent, specially last season, specially as phyisical levels fluctuate more and more with age.

There's also a reason the debate is still so extreme in here. It's because for everything negative that he provides, he's still providing a lot of positive things that at least leave doubt and subjectivity in the air as to whether he's still helpful or not, because it's still not a clear cut scenario. When he plays badly, he plays badly and it really starts to show what he has lost with age, when he doesn't, my god, it really is a spectacle, and he ends up being extremely helpful in the team getting results from game to game. I'd say it's pretty freaking good for a guy of his age, while most players are done at age 33, that's he's still at a stage where a fanbase still can't coherently decide he's done for, and the debate still rages on.

Last time people called him finished, I said it wasn't time yet for me to acknolwedge that, and one month later he was playing at new high levels and scoring amazing goals and putting great performances against Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal and Norwich. I still don't think he's done, too early to call, slow start to the season, sure, but I don't think he's done yet as a football player. Sure father time is coming quickly, and the rug pull could be quick because you are right, that's usually how it goes, but I think Ronaldo could be an asset to a lot of teams out there, still. In my own perfect little world, I'd like him to be helpful in United, since he's a player I love and United is a club I adore since I was 9 years old, and I'd rather see him not playing CL and be here and help United out in whatever ways he and Ten Hag think he can help. I don't want to sound like I disagree with you, I just attribute the slow start to his physical levels which will take more and more time to reach perfection as age goes on, but once he picks up he'll be back to the kind of games I mentioned above. On everything else I mean yeah, you're generally right. If that's what we get by the end of this season (not now at the start), then I'll have no qualms thinking he's done as a main man in a top club. Everything has a beggining and an end, and that's part of life.

UnsungHero

Monitoring the preparation of the Vidal bid
I'm afraid some people are being blinded by Ronaldo's name. If this was any other player people would be fuming over his performances and general attitude/behaviour.

He's not the player he was, he's going to damage the squad all while costing us a fortune.

I wish him all the best but he has to go.

SATA

The point about him deliberately playing the pass out wide to Rashford so that he could get at the end of it makes sense to me now. There’s no way a professional footballer whom wouldn’t be able to make that through pass for Rashford to be in a 1 on 1 situation with the keeper. What a self absorbed person

Status
Not open for further replies.