Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfather

As if Lewa would join us. Some of these journos and Twitter posters really have absolutely no clue.

Ladron de redcafe

lewandowski wants to leave.

they need to replace him, ronaldo is next best option. if he can score 20pl goals he will score 30 in the bundesliga. Bayern will still win another title at a canter, so yes.
A- Lewandowski isn't a free agent and even a Lewandowski who is being held against his will is better than Ronaldo.
B- Judging by how the last two teams that signed Ronaldo fared as soon as he joined them, Ronaldo most certainly isn't the next best option.

Feel free to continue speculating about how much he would score.

DSG

A couple of years ago, sure, but there's a reason CR7 landed in United IMO, it's because none of the other big teams that actually challenge for trophies wanted anything to do with him seriously. They might have considered it, but he's clearly not someone who is still at that level where the whole club needs to shift their philosophy to cater to him in order to challenge for trophies, he's just not capable of that consistently anymore, and for those wages he'll be hard pressed to find a team that's a genuine challenger on all fronts that will want him.
Was the City link just smoke then? I seem to remember it being widely reported that City made an offer.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
A- Lewandowski isn't a free agent and even a Lewandowski who is being held against his will is better than Ronaldo.
B- Judging by how the last two teams that signed Ronaldo fared as soon as he joined them, Ronaldo most certainly isn't the next best option.

Feel free to continue speculating about how much he would score.
you seem to be getting very overly sensitive to this :lol:

Lewandowski made it clear he wants to leave. I suspect once United sign De Jong then they’ll sign him.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Was the City link just smoke then? I seem to remember it being widely reported that City made an offer.
I really don't know, but what I do know is he made very little sense for City in the first place, and if there was any interest it was very slight as they easily dropped their interest once United came in the picture. There's rumors his agent went to PSG as well and was turned down prior to the United move, but it's all conjecture.

Ladron de redcafe

Lewandowski made it clear he wants to leave. I suspect once United sign De Jong then they’ll sign him.
The irony there. No need to get emotional :lol:
Let's see. I don't see Lewandowski coming here.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Can't see the Chelsea move at all.
We'll not let him go there, and he won't be competing for the league there anyway.

Bayern would be a great move for him, but again aside from him being a "Bit moody" when we say no, there's no reason for us to allow it.
If we allow it, we're either putting all our eggs in Rashford and Martial, who haven't shown anything for 18months, or we have to suddenly magic a superstar striker in!

OmarUnited4ever

I thought about which clubs would be willing to take Ronaldo, assuming United will allow him for a cheap fee of 10m-15m.

First and foremost, we can rule out La Liga, of course hes been there and done that and all, but no Spanish club would take him as he is not needed in Madrid's big two (Benzema, Vini, Felix, Greizmann, etc...) and Barca are trying to bring in Lewa.

In the PL, he probably would not want to play for any team aside from United, but if he considers it, Liverpool and City don't need him, Spurs are too small for his ambitions, maybe there is a very tiny chance Chelsea will go for him after they let go of Lukaku but for now, in my opinion, it seems very unlikely Chelsea will try to sign him up.

Serie A, I doubt any Italian club will sign him or is able to afford the wages he command, I am not sure about the Napoli links, why would they go for him?? and they are not that contends for the League really and don't go that far in CL, sounds also unlikely IMO.

PSG will definitely not for him, they have Messi, Mbappe and Neymar, so there is no space for him there at all.

Bayern just signed Mane, that is a Lewa replacement, they can still hold on to Gnabry for another year even if he refuses to renew his contract, they also got Sane, Coman, Mullēr, and Musiala for the forward line, there is no space for him there, they can snap up young and upcoming striker from Germany or France rather going for a 37/38 year old Ronaldo.

I think he will stay, not because he wants to, but because he has no other options, unless he wants to go back to Portugal with Sporting or the MLS (link up with Bale?)

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich

Barca will have to pay serious money to get Lewandowski from Bayern.
And on what planet is Ronaldo the „next best option“ for replacing him? I‘d rather play Gnabry or Mané centrally should Lewandowski leave.

Zippycup

Tbf you’ve missed a lot of stuff mate. Instead of posting shite, spend some time RTFF so you can converse with the rest of the adults.
Bloody hell.
You're a touchy fella aren't ya.:lol:

Here's a little tip for you. Don't take things so seriously. You might end up enjoying life a little bit more.

Also. You do know that the Caf represents a very, very small minority of Manchester United fans?
There are many other avenues in which people debate football. Try that as well while you're at it.
You're welcome :yawn:

DSG

I really don't know, but what I do know is he made very little sense for City in the first place, and if there was any interest it was very slight as they easily dropped their interest once United came in the picture. There's rumors his agent went to PSG as well and was turned down prior to the United move, but it's all conjecture.
Wouldn’t be surprised that PSG wasn’t in on him — why would they? City though, I can see because they really didn’t have a CF.

DSG

Bloody hell.
You're a touchy fella aren't ya.:lol:

Here's a little tip for you. Don't take things so seriously. You might end up enjoying life a little bit more.

Also. You do know that the Caf represents a very, very small minority of Manchester United fans?
There are many other avenues in which people debate football. Try that as well while you're at it.
You're welcome :yawn:
Thank God your limit has been reached. Stop trolling.

You really don’t know how statistics work, do you?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Wouldn’t be surprised that PSG wasn’t in on him — why would they? City though, I can see because they really didn’t have a CF.
Because PSG's name gets thrown around and they're Hollywood as hell, so was worth a punt. City, now that we see what they did with Haaland, it's not hard to imagine they passed on him because it might have conflicted with the Haaland deal.

Offsideagain

If Ronaldo wants to leave, again, let him go. Shows his true loyalty isn’t United it’s CR7. Normally, a player looking after himself and family is ok with me but he has said so many times that he loves the club and the fans but not that much then. It would free up £24 m in wages too.

Nicolarra90

Ronaldo has too much of an ego which is why I was surprised he came back. He must have known we weren’t in the same place we were when he left us. Take the easy option the same way Messi did.
He probably never watched us again in those 12 years

TOKUGAWA-X

Hopefully Ronaldo ends up at Real Madrid, his beloved team and then they win nothing and fans blame, boo him.

LoneStar

If it’s true, it’s just Ronaldo continuing to be a bellend and not accepting the fact he’s not the centre of worlds attention any more. Wouldn’t shed a tear. Probably be the best if it means we no longer see him stropping and throwing his arms around at the other players.

Yes we’ll be fecked up front if we can’t get a replacement, but so be it. Maybe martial can find some kind of form again.
Yeah I agree with you. Be much worse if he started this nonsense in the middle of the season to disrupt whatever harmony was in the squad at that time.

I hope we manage to sign a decent striker, but can't think of too many options right now. Especially with the additions we need.

I always expected him to leave as soon as we didn't make it to the top 4. I only wish he'd say this shit sooner so we could have more time to prepare. All things considered, this has been a disaster of a signing for us.

Herman Toothrot

Get in the bin Ronnie. You give a feck or you don't give a feck. I'm pretty sure you never gave a feck and never will. American Psycho meets Homelander vibes.

Monkey1185

The caf is so conceited that they are angry or even find it hard to believe a player would refuse to play for them.

Why would the GOAT play for a club run by clowns and a squad full of snowflakes who can't be arsed to even run on a pitch. He's 38, don't expect him to do the grunt work while the junior players are more concerned with school lunches and dance moves. One even came back to training looking like he has pouch with a joey.

Instead of calling him names, we should all do a little introspection. Maybe ask ourselves "what have our club done or achieved in these past few years to deserve the best players?"

Chief123

Yeah I agree with you. Be much worse if he started this nonsense in the middle of the season to disrupt whatever harmony was in the squad at that time.

I hope we manage to sign a decent striker, but can't think of too many options right now. Especially with the additions we need.

I always expected him to leave as soon as we didn't make it to the top 4. I only wish he'd say this shit sooner so we could have more time to prepare. All things considered, this has been a disaster of a signing for us.
What I really dislike about the whole thing is why did he wait till now to say it? He knew months ago we were no longer in the UCL. He's even done interviews since then speaking positively about the new season and the new manager and how Utd can only look ahead. He's waited until Cavani has left the club and knowing full well how reliant we are on him going into this season being our only striker, he's suddenly remembered he wants champions league football again. It just stinks of Ronnie using the situation to bring importance to himself. I never bought this nonsense that he would never have signed for City because of his love for Utd. Many trusted reports stated he was on the verge of joining them until Utd came in last minute.

His request to leave now knowing he's going to leave us in a very difficult situation is just egotistical. I honestly dont care if we get rid of him. My only concern is it puts incredible pressure on a manager who is brining positivty to the club and has some light at the end of the tunnel for us. But having no striker makes it incredibly difficult to go into every game without pressure building on the manager due to poor results and form.

Chief123

If Utd sold Ronaldo to Chelsea who are desperate for a striker, it would be the most stupid decision by the board since the Glazers. They are literally our biggest rivals along with Spurs/Arsenal for a top 4 spot. By handing them Ronaldo, it would be crazy. It would be better to keep Ronaldo and not play him than give Chelsea the solution to their problem. Makes zero sense to let him go there.

phelans shorts

If Utd sold Ronaldo to Chelsea who are desperate for a striker, it would be the most stupid decision by the board since the Glazers. They are literally our biggest rivals along with Spurs/Arsenal for a top 4 spot. By handing them Ronaldo, it would be crazy. It would be better to keep Ronaldo and not play him than give Chelsea the solution to their problem. Makes zero sense to let him go there.
It makes perfect sense, because he’ll hurt them a lot more than he’ll help them. Imagine the hindrance Lukaku was only with added being undroppable and actively throwing tantrums on the sideline.

Chief123

Ronaldo was literally on the verge of joining City! How did it make very little sense for City? It made very good sense for them to get Ronaldo! He would have scored 30+ goals last season in that team. He would have been the perfect interim solution until Haaland was attainable the summer after. Having Ronaldo would potentially have meant City as UCL champions as well as he would have certainly finished some of the numerous chances City created against Madrid before getting knocked out right at the end!

LoneStar

What I really dislike about the whole thing is why did he wait till now to say it? He knew months ago we were no longer in the UCL. He's even done interviews since then speaking positively about the new season and the new manager and how Utd can only look ahead. He's waited until Cavani has left the club and knowing full well how reliant we are on him going into this season being our only striker, he's suddenly remembered he wants champions league football again. It just stinks of Ronnie using the situation to bring importance to himself. I never bought this nonsense that he would never have signed for City because of his love for Utd. Many trusted reports stated he was on the verge of joining them until Utd came in last minute.

His request to leave now knowing he's going to leave us in a very difficult situation is just egotistical. I honestly dont care if we get rid of him. My only concern is it puts incredible pressure on a manager who is brining positivty to the club and has some light at the end of the tunnel for us. But having no striker makes it incredibly difficult to go into every game without pressure building on the manager due to poor results and form.
So far, this has been one of the worst transfer seasons ever. Nothing seems to be going our way.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
What did he think he was coming back to? We’ve been crap for a decade plus and his coming back and 36 wasn’t gonna transform us back to the glory days, move him on swiftly and get someone who actually wants to be here.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
That is not the attitude of someone who is hungry to win more. To keep going at his age you need the hunger.
Ah the hunger to help a club you love back to prominence is hunger in arguably the hardest league in the world is a hunger too. The hunger to boost your own rep is also a hunger. It's about what you are hungry for.

The bloke is a selfish feck and that is part of what his drive is. That's fine, it's absurd to continually try dress it as anything else. But it's been fun watching people try.

city-puma

If Chelsea really takes him, it’s the best outcome for us!

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
The caf is so conceited that they are angry or even find it hard to believe a player would refuse to play for them.

Why would the GOAT play for a club run by clowns and a squad full of snowflakes who can't be arsed to even run on a pitch. He's 38, don't expect him to do the grunt work while the junior players are more concerned with school lunches and dance moves. One even came back to training looking like he has pouch with a joey.

Instead of calling him names, we should all do a little introspection. Maybe ask ourselves "what have our club done or achieved in these past few years to deserve the best players?"

It's not conceited to expect someone to honour a contract.

Snowflakes? what are you talking about?

matt10000

Ah the hunger to help a club you love back to prominence is hunger in arguably the hardest league in the world is a hunger too. The hunger to boost your own rep is also a hunger. It's about what you are hungry for.

The bloke is a selfish feck and that is part of what his drive is. That's fine, it's absurd to continually try dress it as anything else. But it's been fun watching people try.
I am not dressing anything up, you should not make assumptions about other me or anyone else. I am just saying that it is his professional career and if I was in his position I would do what is best for me as a professional. As a fan I absolutely want him to stay but I have empathy and if I put myself in his shoes then I can fully understand why he would want to move. That is not dressing anything up this is just my opinion that you don't like and so you are saying I am dressing up! I only wear dresses at the weekends.

dubplate warrior

You can have an affinity for clubs but think like a professional footballer, most footballers aren't concerned about loyalty but the advancement of their career. Sometimes fans to forget that for players it is ultimately a job.

He has a couple years left in football, and wants his last years to involve trophies. This is how the majority of good professionals would think. I think it is actually better for everyone that he did leave, he's given some great memories but we need a new start. He should go to Bayern if possible or Sporting.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
You can have an affinity for clubs but think like a professional footballer, most footballers aren't concerned about loyalty but the advancement of their career. Sometimes fans to forget that for players it is ultimately a job.

He has a couple years left in football, and wants his last years to involve trophies. This is how the majority of good professionals would think. I think it is actually better for everyone that he did leave, he's given some great memories but we need a new start. He should go to Bayern if possible or Sporting.
I too think it's best if he fecks off, where he goes doesn't interest me.

I'd do disagree that you have to be a dick if you're a good footballer.

For me it's not unthinkable that an old player whose legs are clearly gone, might stick around and help on younger players. But his tantrum at Burnley last year shows he doesn't care about other players.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
... You just wrote "no u."???? I'm being serious. You don't know what the straw man fallacy is. You wrote "you're saying Dan James is world class". That is literally using the straw man fallacy.

What you're doing now is called "ad hominem" for what it's worth so hopefully you've learned something new today.
That's not what I said, but even if I did, it wouldnt be a straw man. You might want to consider googling the term.

I never attacked the poster, that would be against the forum rules. I have no clue what youre on about.

Youre misrepresenting what I said and are using a bunch of terms incorrectly.

I took the position that our season went to shit when we sold Dan James and I pointed to our results as an argument for why his sale was a disaster.

This conclusion of mine ridicules the argument based on season results used to promote the idea that Ronaldo is "the problem". If you feel ridiculed, thats your personal choice. That doesnt make my post an "ad hominem".

If you still think, this is a straw man, you not only dont know what an actual straw man is, you applied your own definition incorrectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.