Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Why hasn't this guy ever loved United? We gave him everything and showed him so much love.

phelans shorts

Not sure about that. Unlike you guys we actually have a great midfield and excellent attacking fullbacks. Think he’d look pretty good in our side against certain opponents.

That being said, I wouldn’t want him here. Really, the only landing spot that makes sense for him is Bayern but they don’t appear to fancy him.
You’re underestimating the repeated effect he’s had in his career of knocking everybody around hims numbers, as well as his tendency to be a prick in the dressing room and cause fractions. Sure, that could well be negated somewhat by the likes of Thiago Silva who may be able to keep him in line but it’s a big if.

He’ll bring others around him down, as he gets frustrated at his own poor performances due to his age it’ll only get worse. I think he’d have the kind of negative effect on the dressing room that we all remember of Chelsea from 10/15 years ago.

arthurka

He wants out because we are absolutely shit and are showing it this window. We will go into this pre season tour without any signings.

djembatheking

I think we will struggle to get rid of him. If he was as good as so many think he is then you would think there would be a few teams after him.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Now the hysteria has died down, I think most reasonable people will agree that him leaving isn't necessarily a bad thing as long as we replace him with another striker. Ronaldo will do what Ronaldo does best which is look out for number one.
God? DDG? Riker?

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
You’re underestimating the repeated effect he’s had in his career of knocking everybody around hims numbers, as well as his tendency to be a prick in the dressing room and cause fractions. Sure, that could well be negated somewhat by the likes of Thiago Silva who may be able to keep him in line but it’s a big if.

He’ll bring others around him down, as he gets frustrated at his own poor performances due to his age it’ll only get worse. I think he’d have the kind of negative effect on the dressing room that we all remember of Chelsea from 10/15 years ago.
Jeez, who side are you on? We are trying to flog him off. Let's not discourage a rival team from buying him.
Ronaldo will be the biggest Chelsea merch seller since chopper Harris.
They should buy him now

phelans shorts

Jeez, who side are you on? We are trying to flog him off. Let's not discourage a rival team from buying him.
Ronaldo will be the biggest Chelsea merch seller since chopper Harris.
They should buy him now
Hey, I want him gone and I’m sure Tuchel doesn’t want him, thankfully Boehly doesn’t seem like the kind of guy to give a damn what his manager thinks about such a statement signing even

Ted Lasso

Cristiano Ronaldo 'request' proves Liverpool right as Jürgen Klopp transfer warning comes true

As Liverpool pushed to work their way into the Champions League spots under Jürgen Klopp, he sent a clear warning to the likes of Mario Götze, who was being chased by the Reds at the time.

"Obviously, it’s not 100 per cent, but maybe 80 per cent we are not in the Champions League next year," Klopp said in 2016. "So if I would speak to a player now and he would tell me: ‘if you were playing in the Champions League next year I would be really interested, I would put the phone down from my side. I am not interested.

"I always tell players if when you are 35 or 36 and look back on your career and you think about the one year when you didn’t play Champions League then you are really a poor boy.

"There are so many things you can do and reach if you go together with the team. You can qualify for the Champions League, play Champions League, maybe win it or whatever. It is a much more satisfying thing than all the rest. That is what I would say. It is pushing the train, not jumping on the running train. That is what we need here."

Götze, of course, never ended up at Liverpool. But Mohamed Salah and others did, and their stock rose with Liverpool's, elevating themselves into a team that regularly qualifies — and gets to the final of — Europe's top competition.

I find it very odd to be posting something from Liverpool.com that's more of a United hit piece than factual knowledge on the current situation.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Why hasn't this guy ever loved United? We gave him everything and showed him so much love.
Because like the vast majority of players, they're not fans of the clubs they play for and only look out for themselves. Which Is completely normal and understandable. It's a job. Think of all the payers who have played the game, there are very, very few of them who genuinely have a special bond with the club they played for. I think Ronaldo has a special relationship with Fergie that goes beyond football, and I think a lot of fans see that love he obviously has for Fergie and misconstrues it as a deep love for the club. But I don't think it's there. Certainly not to the degree that many think.

Also, he had his best and most productive years at another club. He's a Madrid legend. It would make way more sense for him to have a special bond with that club if anything.

Ted Lasso

The similarities this summer to the Summer of Moyes is uncanny...

• New managers in place - Moyes / ETH
  • New CEO - Woodward / Arnold
  • New dipso in charge of transfers - Murtaugh / Judge
  • Chasing a Barca player who repeatedly states he doesn't want to leave - Cesc / FDJ
  • Our most decorated / senior player demands be more competitive in the market - Rooney / Ronaldo
Round and around we go with lies and spin from the board about new starts.
Quite nerve wracking to see that, even for the most optimistic of us.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I hope internally we're happy for him to go if he wants to and and offer does come in.

I get externally that we have to say he's staying put, but yeah... Don't like the idea of keeping players around who don't want to be here.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Don't like the idea of keeping players around who don't want to be here.
To be honest, I think the only people associated with United who are very keen on him staying are a diminishing group of fans.

I would be absolutely shocked if he was forced to stick around if there's a club out there that wants him.

Money wise, United will be fine with getting what we paid for him - which wasn't that much and shouldn't present a problem to any prospective buyer.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
The similarities this summer to the Summer of Moyes is uncanny...

• New managers in place - Moyes / ETH
  • New CEO - Woodward / Arnold
  • New dipso in charge of transfers - Murtaugh / Judge
  • Chasing a Barca player who repeatedly states he doesn't want to leave - Cesc / FDJ
  • Our most decorated / senior player demands be more competitive in the market - Rooney / Ronaldo
Round and around we go with lies and spin from the board about new starts.
Except a medical is done for one and we are close to sign a CB/DM .

So not exactly like Moyes. But hey, continue with your moaning .

mshnsh

Rashford was poor for 18 months before. You can't put that on Ronaldo.
And what cliques were there? Basically Ronaldo and De Gea played well the rest were well off their usual.
For long periods of the season Ronaldo was poor. His goal total only papers over a poor season.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
I find it very odd to be posting something from Liverpool.com that's more of a United hit piece than factual knowledge on the current situation.
klopp said so many things and then reneged on what he said like:

i'll never buy a 100Million player = Nunez
we'll never pay that salary = Salah 350K a week! He sure conned them!! :lol:

We'll get our revenge on Real Madrid and get thumpted again! :D

lex talionis

Plenty of talk here about Chelsea and Bayern, but it’s really hard to imagine either club being interested in Ronaldo and his massive wages.

Green_Red

They're obsessed mate, we're living rent free in their tiny brains.

Jaae

Not ITK
No problem with Ronaldo leaving providing we can get a CF ten Hag actually wants.

Ronaldo isn’t a CF and I don’t think he suits us going forward. Best for all involved.

ForeverRed1

True, but i remember that Juve were in the CL and he left too.
oh no doubt about it, he will always do what’s best for Ronaldo.. but I do really think he loves this club, it just doesn’t match him at this stage in his career, he’s got a couple years left before retirement so in his eyes, a couple more shots at the top.

Fridge chutney

Is it any surprise that ETH starts training and suddenly this story appears?

Perhaps Ronaldo doesn't think he will gel with Ten Hag's system.

OR, perhaps ETH is pushing for Ronaldo to leave because he doesn't think Ronaldo suits his system.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Our transfer summer has consisted of us chasing a player who doesn't want to leave, a backup CB, a backup LB and signing a free transfer.

Jeez and we wonder why Ronaldo is not impressed and wants to leave. Better yet some people blame him for wanting to leave.:lol:
Martinez is 110% not going to be a fecking backup :lol: :lol: :lol:

All this meltdown because the one “who causes the problems” is wanting to leave.:lol:

You couldn’t make this up!

Ash_G

oh no doubt about it, he will always do what’s best for Ronaldo.. but I do really think he loves this club, it just doesn’t match him at this stage in his career, he’s got a couple years left before retirement so in his eyes, a couple more shots at the top.
Yeah I think "love" might be a strong word for how he views us but I don't doubt there's an affinity there but it's just nowhere near valuing himself and what he wants and to be honest I don't really have an issue with that. We'd all love to have players who want to live and die for the shirt but that's just not reality any more for any big club. Plus it's not like we always act perfectly by the players, like it or not to most the players bar exceptions football is a job.

I don't blame him either to be honest as whilst there's still time to go we seem to have been slow of the mark again with transfers not to mention the whole RR experiment seems to have been a waste of time, not only is he not doing his consultancy role but it also seems like ETH wants to make his own assessment of the players which whilst I can understand for the ones who might stay doesn't make sense to me as it likely means more time in transition.

I suppose what we don't know is what's been discussed behind closed doors. Did Ronaldo say he would stay if our activity meant he felt like whilst no CL we could at least challenge for cups/league but based on what he's seen he doesn't feel change is happening soon enough for that or has he blindsided us which would be a d*ck move.

Status
Not open for further replies.