Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
We all saw it but still...

Embarrassing for Ronaldo. When his camp started trying to create a market for him, this cant be what they had in mind.

kps88

I suppose if he did stay, he'd be highly motivated to shut people up after turning into a meme and joke.

Mainoldo

Is there anywhere else for him to go. Can’t he go Napoli or Ac Milan.

Man this is as bad as having Lukaku. Atleast Inter wanted him back. We all know Juventus don’t.

redcucumber

It’s just a possibility. The fact is his wages are a major blockade to the majority of squads, especially out of the Champions League.

I’m not one for assuming the worst when somebody is saying a personal emergency or whatever, particularly when as with the suggestion I raised there is a very real possibility it’s genuine just from what we publicly know.
It was widely reported that a Saudi Arabian club offered $250m or whatever it was. Obviously I can understand why anyone would turn a move to Saudi Arabia down, but the wage demand issue is a situation that only he and Mendes can resolve. It seems as if he's trying to have his cake and eat it at the moment.

If he wants to leave United because of the trauma he and his wife have gone through, that is completely fair enough. He has to compromise somewhere if something is to give, though. Demanding the same salary and it also be a CL club doesn't seem like the way to go about it if your reason for wanting to leave was because of said trauma? I dunno. Maybe I'm more cynical.

Kopral Jono

Yep. People said him flirting with City earlier on in the season was a way to force us into action (I don't think it is, I think he genuinely wanted to go there). I think he's pulling the same trick with RM / Atleti.
I'm actually of the opinion that there is indeed truth behind him wanting to leave because we lack ambition in the transfer market. But also with the World Cup (likely to be his last) literally just around the corner, this mess only serves as a massive, unnecessary distraction for him. I just don't get the thinking and fecking logic behind all of this.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If only we could ship off a lot of our supposed "fans" to the level of club they deserve with their posting.

OverratedOpinion

I can't help but have positive feelings towards him for some of the incredible football he has played here in the past.

With that said he is no longer good enough to justify this level of headache. I suppose in a way it is a positive as we are not all as worried about whether he leaves as in 2008 but he also won't fire us to the Champions League final next season.

redshaw

Ronaldo will still think he can carry teams to finals

If used sparingly he could be an excellent signing for one of the CL clubs but we know he'll insist on playing every game he wants and will be throwing a fit on the bench causing unrest. Perhaps he can adjust his expectations in the coming weeks to seal a deal but he seems one or two years away from accepting a supporting role or maybe by then leaving Europe.

EricIn93

Sorry but I am disgusted in Ronaldo if he is indeed trying to worm his way into the Champions League. He is not denying it is he!?. He has not sad so much as a word about the team or the manager, or his 'situation' in weeks!...guilty and sneaky. Pretending it is about the clubs ambitions....absolute rubbish! All fool the fans who would welcome him back after all this. Feel sorry for the new manager who may be under pressure to include Ronaldo in the first team if he fails to abandon ship.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I don’t think he would move to Atlético given his history with Real. Same reason he didn’t move to City last summer.

Joeycha88

I don’t think he would move to Atlético given his history with Real. Same reason he didn’t move to City last summer.
Don’t think he cares about that anymore. Playing in champs league is what he cares about the most apparently.

Irwin99

The more this goes on the more ugly it seems to me. He has to spend ONE more season with a club he's supposedly very fond of and yet he's appearing more and more desperate to leave even though it's pretty clear no one really wants him. Yes he won't have champions league if he stays (he's already 15 goals ahead of Messi who won't be catching him anytime soon) but he has a world cup to prepare for and just one more year on his contract. Man up for feck's sake.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
The more this goes on the more ugly it seems to me. He has to spend ONE more season with a club he's supposedly very fond of and yet he's appearing more and more desperate to leave even though it's pretty clear no one really wants him. Yes he won't have champions league if he stays (he's already 15 goals ahead of Messi who won't be catching him anytime soon) but he has a world cup to prepare for and just one more year on his contract. Man up for feck's sake.

Ugly for Ronaldo to be honest. He has really embarrassed himself. I'd be fine if he wanted to move but this was the worst thing he could have done for his legacy, and I mean general footballing legacy.

MayfieldsFinest

Ugly for Ronaldo to be honest. He has really embarrassed himself. I'd be fine if he wanted to move but this was the worst thing he could have done for his legacy, and I mean general footballing legacy.
It's just a huge lack of self awareness, I think he genuinely believed that he'd have a pick of clubs.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Is there anywhere else for him to go. Can’t he go Napoli or Ac Milan.

Man this is as bad as having Lukaku. Atleast Inter wanted him back. We all know Juventus don’t.
Imagine AC Milan, 40 year old Zlatan and 37 Year old Ronaldo

Throw in bringing back Seedorf from retirement for fun

Elcabron

Imagine Real fans hearing that he lowered his wage demands to secure a move to Athletico :lol:

Please make it happen and soon.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
If United didnt step in, he wouldnt even blink to be in City.
City have dodged a lot of bullets like Sanchez, United have been niave.

United are stuck with Ronaldo and City had a spot to go after Haaland this summer.

Haaland would never come to United but United now have got Cavani and Ronaldo as free agents instead of getting a striker that can grow with the team. 2 year stop gaps.

Revaulx

It's just a huge lack of self awareness, I think he genuinely believed that he'd have a pick of clubs.
Bah! He’s got a massive ego.

It’s Mendes’ failure to read the room that‘s really surprising. He’s supposed to be a master of Machiavellian guile and subterfuge, but has ended up making his best client ever look like an idiot.

MayfieldsFinest

City have dodged a lot of bullets like Sanchez, United have been niave.

United are stuck with Ronaldo and City had a spot to go after Haaland this summer.

Haaland would never come to United but United now have got Cavani and Ronaldo as free agents instead of getting a striker that can grow with the team. 2 year stop gaps.
He would have if we had allowed a release clause on his contract a few years back. I actually cant really blame the club here, all our chips were on Greenwood fulfilling his potential and becoming one of the elite forwards in world football, nobody could have predicted the absolute horror show that was to follow there.

Reactions: Fortitude

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
He would have if we had allowed a release clause on his contract a few years back. I actually cant really blame the club here, all our chips were on Greenwood fulfilling his potential and becoming one of the elite forwards in world football, nobody could have predicted the absolute horror show that was to follow there.
Completely forgot about greenwood think I repressed his memory

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I hope the manager benches him if he doesn't leave. I really don't think his goalscoring ability makes up for his lack of work rate.

Revaulx

he’s in lisbon because of a family emergency.
That may be true; I’m inclined to believe it is. If he were really on strike I’m sure the club would have let something slip accidentally on purpose.

The club may well be happy for him to stay away while this saga is ongoing though.

Now that the footballing people’s voice at United appears to carry a lot more weight than it did under Woodward, I’m a lot more confident that it’ll be handled in a way that prioritises what’s best for the manager and the team.

KeanoMagicHat

Ronaldo has always cared only about himself, he's hyper individualistic. I feel his performances at the end of last season were motivated by an obsession to score for personal glory, the team be damned. It's been successful for him so it's all he knows. He couldn't give a shit what jersey he puts on, as long as he is the star and in contention for individual awards.

Status
Not open for further replies.