g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Come on, I've seen how much you defend the guy but even you can't believe that surely?
It's nothing to do with reduced training or lack of pre-season, he's been back long enough and still refuses to break a sweat.
Either his legs are gone or he just doesn't give a shit. Either way he needs to leave, for his and our sake.
We're only 4 games into a season where he didn't train with the squad in the summer. What did you expect given the lack of preparation ?

GreatDane

We're only 4 games into a season where he didn't train with the squad in the summer. What did you expect given the lack of preparation ?
That a professional footballer runs when he's sub'ed in. He jogs. You don't need a pre-season to run for 20 mins.

GreatDane

A bad excuse for what precisely ? We're only 4 games in and he's played in one full game so far.
4 games in, a month since he returned and he still only jogs about when he's sub'ed in.
I'm saying that it's not about the training as there's been enough to get up to speed or lack of pre-season, he's legs are either gone or he just doesn’t give a shit.

WPMUFC

only realised after reading the match day thread that LEI v MUFC is a deadline day game. The bloke won't even be in the squad, let alone the bench or the XI. He'll be working the phones with Mendes like it's a telethon, and after feeling something in his knee last night, there's no way he risks an injury if he can get a move.

That was the last time we saw Ronny in a MUFC shirt.

kunal18

Next week should confirm where we stand with regards Ronaldo.
Would I have wanted to sign Ronaldo last year? No.
Has he declined due to age? Yes.
Do we look like we are flushed with goals this season? No.
Are there any chances we will sign any proven goal scorers during the window? Unlikely.
Since he has a year left on his contract I would want to make use of his goal scoring abilities.
Even if he scores half the number of goals he scored last season, it should help us get 15/20 points.
I think once the dust settles after the window closes and if he is still here, and starts scoring the noise will disappear.
With regards Ronaldo's quips about the fall in standards, that is pretty obvious to every old supporter from the Fergie era,
We've had Neville, Scholes and Keane going on about "This is Manchester United" , they all feel the same and they are all
Winners.
When Ferguson let Ruud leave in 2006, he had Wayne Rooney and Louis Saha as striker options in an already top squad,
we don't have that luxury now, so it would be a mistake to let Ronaldo leave in the coming days.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
We were warned by most Juve players and fans but Ole and SAF still went on to sign him even though there were evidence to show he was on a decline.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Best thing about Ronaldo leaving is that his profoundly annoying fanbase leaves with him.

United’s instagram is flooding with “play ronaldo!”, “where is ronaldo”, “no chance without ronaldo” etc.

Herman Toothrot

4 games in, a month since he returned and he still only jogs about when he's sub'ed in.
I'm saying that it's not about the training as there's been enough to get up to speed or lack of pre-season, he's legs are either gone or he just doesn’t give a shit.
ETH hasn't had enough time with him to teach him how to run. It's going to take time, it's a massive skill.

Houdini

I was happy for the last year. It was worth it to see Ronaldo again in United short scoring scoring "Fergie time" goals in CL. However, considering his age it was a mistake to give him 2 years of contract. Decline is more sudden at this age. It should have been 1 year + option for another. I would still be for Ronaldo to stay as an impact sub but:
1. He still thinks he can start matches
2. His attitude (thinks he is bigger than ETH, missed preseason, chasing the numbers in CL)
these are more important factors than his recent poor performances to say #Ronaldoout

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Literally seems like no one wants him or can afford him. Yikes. Could possibly have to slum it out in the europa.
I think this is the long and the short of it. We’ve told him he can leave if he finds a club and he just hasn’t been able to find a club that A. Match his ambitions (UCL contender - no matter how long the odds) or B. UCL team able to compensate him to a level that it won’t hurt him tearing up a £500k a week contract.

It was a bit sad seeing him yesterday. That one run he made when the defender barely broke a sweat to intercept and that run at the end where he was ushered out. Even 5 years ago that would have probably been 2 goals.

jesperjaap

The Prima donna aspect is all hearsay i will give u this. He isnt a mercenary either. He is just a guy who is willing to sacrifice the club that helped him become what he is, gave him ‘feck you’ money at an age nobody would, to make sure the CL record doesnt go to Messi.

If everything we get from news outlets about him being shopped to any club is bulls*** fine. I seriously doubt it is. I have nothing against the guy, i just dont consider him an automatic starter and I’m sure he isnt getting another contract at that salary.

If he is content with that perfect. But i put UTD over anyone so not willing to have E10H playing him just because he is CR7. Also the publicity his transfer saga hs gotten is stupid. We’ve said worse for Pogba a year ago because his manager said things that dont come close to how the CR7 camp is dealing with this now. Plus the fanboys are running amoc. Do we really think he can lead the line for us at that age ?

I am not disagreeing with anything you say here. I have said, it is time fo rus to move him on, his camp are obviously trying to move him on, there are signs of a possible rapid decline.

I agree with all of this. He was still our player of the season last year and will always get goals and in both spells here he has still made great contributions to our side.

All I am saying and completely disagree with in this thread is that he is finished as a player and more than anything that he has treated the club badly. He left first time around to join the side he dreamt of playing for growing up that is arguably the bigggest side in the world, I dont see what the problem is with that and that he has decided he wanted to leave after coming back for a season at a club that he soon discovered was in an absolute shambles and has little chance of any major silverware over the next couple of years....which will probably/certainly be the end of his career at the very top, again I can fully understand that.

He deserves a place as one of the legends and best ever players for this club and respect, so all the slating of him as a player and as a member of the squad, I think is disgraceful personally

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
only realised after reading the match day thread that LEI v MUFC is a deadline day game. The bloke won't even be in the squad, let alone the bench or the XI. He'll be working the phones with Mendes like it's a telethon, and after feeling something in his knee last night, there's no way he risks an injury if he can get a move.

That was the last time we saw Ronny in a MUFC shirt.
Good point. But he won't find a club by Thursday. We'll be stuck with him.

ForeverRed1

I think this is the long and the short of it. We’ve told him he can leave if he finds a club and he just hasn’t been able to find a club that A. Match his ambitions (UCL contender - no matter how long the odds) or B. UCL team able to compensate him to a level that it won’t hurt him tearing up a £500k a week contract.

It was a bit sad seeing him yesterday. That one run he made when the defender barely broke a sweat to intercept and that run at the end where he was ushered out. Even 5 years ago that would have probably been 2 goals.
It seems crazy from a United fans perspective I guess, you got this player who is literally worshiped by the fanbase, idolised, even yesterday the away fans were constantly singing his name.. he is so loved universally at this club. More than any player, well I can’t imagine the fanbase fan girling for anyone else like we do Ronaldo. We made it clear we wanted to keep him, keep him as our main striker.. paying him 500k a week.. its not what’s driving him at this point. What’s driving him is his goal tally in the champions league, keeping messi at bay. Or atleast that’s the narrative.

maybe there is a small part of him that knows he would do better in pretty much any other league.. he has come to the PL at 36, now 37, and it’s showing so much that he’s not got the pace or ability he had previously in such a physical league it’s highlighted even more. He still has something in him, goals.. but In this league it’s made harder. It could also be he doesn’t like how the club is ran and what’s going on behind the scenes.. a combination of factors beyond only the CL probably are contributing.

you just don’t know all of it. Maybe he speaks up soon like he said he was going to. It will be interesting to hear.

i do think it’s best he leaves for all sides though. Hopefully we can find a resolution. All in all, what a player and what a career. Big part of our history and this last stint won’t change that.

jesperjaap

Oh please he's always been a prima Donna. Called himself a slave here when we were the best in the world.
From what I remember FiFA president made some comment about clubs should allow players wanting to leave to leave otherwise its tantamount so modern slavery, poorly constructed point, Ronaldo in an interview said he agreed with the comments. Not the best, but he didnt say anything directly, from what I remember as a long time at all he didnt really say much at all in the interview and the press blowed it out of all proportion.

Has Ronaldo had self interest and the typical selfishness of a top striker, of course yes. But wanting to move to the club you dream of, I dont think he was disrespectful to us the way he handled the transfer, Im pretty sure he agreed to stay for another season to get the move and I understand his desire to move now.

You will get very few players with the loyalty to a club of a Tottie, Del Piero, Giggs etc, especially players that have come from abroad and I am not for any split second putting Ronaldo in that category. But I don tthink he has ever been bad to the club in either spell, said anything bad about the club, quite the opposite in between those spells and most importantly in his first spell and last season, he has performed very welll for us

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
From what I remember FiFA president made some comment about clubs should allow players wanting to leave to leave otherwise its tantamount so modern slavery, poorly constructed point, Ronaldo in an interview said he agreed with the comments. Not the best, but he didnt say anything directly, from what I remember as a long time at all he didnt really say much at all in the interview and the press blowed it out of all proportion.

Has Ronaldo had self interest and the typical selfishness of a top striker, of course yes. But wanting to move to the club you dream of, I dont think he was disrespectful to us the way he handled the transfer, Im pretty sure he agreed to stay for another season to get the move and I understand his desire to move now.

You will get very few players with the loyalty to a club of a Tottie, Del Piero, Giggs etc, especially players that have come from abroad and I am not for any split second putting Ronaldo in that category. But I don tthink he has ever been bad to the club in either spell, said anything bad about the club, quite the opposite in between those spells and most importantly in his first spell and last season, he has performed very welll for us
Being bound to lucrative contracts isn't modern slavery. What do they think contracts are for?

C'est Moi Cantona

Again, there’s no one to buy or take him, so no chance he will not be here.
Sadly I agree, and I he knows this himself, which is why we're not seeing any real sulking.

We'll have said he can go if he can find someone to take him, but he can't, so he can't blame us, and now has to swallow a bit of humble pie, which will be a far better Ronaldo to have for the next 12 months, than one who was forced to stay, but still not a healthy situation for someone like him.

hazldinho

Have the strong feeling a loan up to January to tick the box of UCL and get some goals/record then come back to win the UEL.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Top teams are not after him for precisely the same reason we should be actively looking to get rid.

dazjoe

Honestly mate, don't even bother. The determination of some to defend him is breathtaking.
He could literally take the United shirt off, lay it on the ground, drop his shorts and take a massive dump on the shirt and some would still find a way to defend him.
"What do you want him to do?? He needed a shite, you haters just look for any excuse to hate on him."

sugar_kane

It’s crazy how close this guy was to signing for City 12 months ago. Now you can’t give the guy away.

A year is like a decade in football.

AndySmith1990

If he doesn't end up leaving I'll be genuinely gutted. I don't give a toss where he goes, let's just agree to a mutual termination. Having this narcissistic prick hanging around for a season will be to our detriment

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
It’s crazy how close this guy was to signing for City 12 months ago. Now you can’t give the guy away.

A year is like a decade in football.
At his age yeah. There is also his massive wages.

themanguydude

Hence the need for an Osmihen type striker
If the end goal is trying to turn the team into a more possession oriented team, then Osimhen will be a very very expensive short term mistake.

Anyway I doubt there are any truth to the whole Osimhen then, the whole thing smells like Mendes trying to engineer a move than the club actually being interested. This whole 100m + Ronaldo + paying 70% of his wages for Osimhen is such a ridiculous deal that it's not even worth rejecting, just ignore these kind of silly offers.

George The Best

If he goes on loan there’s no way we should contribute to his wages. If the receiving club can’t afford them then he needs to take the hit - not us.

90 + 5min

We were warned by most Juve players and fans but Ole and SAF still went on to sign him even though there were evidence to show he was on a decline.
Decline yes but we should take it easy with criticism.

He was still our best attacking player by mile last year. Without him I would say we would be bottom half of the table. Sad but that is the truth. He was playing with lot of pretenders and jokers.

GreatDane

Honestly mate, don't even bother. The determination of some to defend him is breathtaking.
He could literally take the United shirt off, lay it on the ground, drop his shorts and take a massive dump on the shirt and some would still find a way to defend him.
"What do you want him to do?? He needed a shite, you haters just look for any excuse to hate on him."
It's amazing really.

Ladron de redcafe

As other have pointed out, don't even waste your breath. All rationality goes out of the window when it comes to the fanboys. It does get a little ridiculous. "Hasn't trained". Why is that exactly?

phelans shorts

They are both nearly 100 CL goals behind Ronaldo and would have to average 10 a year for the next decade, which is going to be nearly impossible imo.
Haaland would manage that in his sleep at his current rate. He’s already seeing the man who’ll torpedo his records across the same city.

Especially given Wengers daft format the champions league is moving too. Just got to hope Haaland has moved when he does the bulk of it.

GreatDane

As other have pointed out, don't even waste your breath. All rationality goes out of the window when it comes to the fanboys. It does get a little ridiculous. "Hasn't trained". Why is that exactly?
Yeah, apparently you need a pre-season workout to run for 20 mins, blows my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.