Cristiano Ronaldo - Man Utd Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gums

Course they can, not when he was in his prime, but he isn't going playing 90mins every week, he is going to need to be heavily rotated (and if that doesn't happen then there is another barrel of problems), you think Ronaldo is going to be our best player when his is 38? of course not! so quite a few players are going to be looking at his wages and think well if they are paying him that I should get that.

Plus it's not just the people who want more than him, it's the players who go well he is on that much im at least worth 2/3rds of that. increasing what your highest earner makes increases the expectations of every player, and when that highest earner is coming up rapidly to football retirement age you are asking for trouble.
Maybe it‘s because I‘m a newbie, but the amount of certainties you post, sound like you must have either
a) superior inside knowledge than most here or
b) a very glum view of things

If it‘s not a), try changing b). It isn‘t all as bad as it seems. I‘m almost certain that nobody in our squad will be wanting to compare themselves to Ronaldo. Neither from a career standpoint nor from any financial standpoint. I assume that most of them will be enjoying the ride and paying respect for an already fantastic career and obviously, they’ll be trying to learn as much from him and his experience as possible.

Not signing him and letting him sign for City would be way more expensive imo. And not just on a pure financial level.

Reactions: Sultan

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Who has even said we are getting prime Ronaldo though? Has anyone?

So what did Lukaku add to Inters over all gameplay then? Tell us.

And are you trying to directly attributes Ronaldo to the fact that Juve didn't win the league?!

I'm sorry but you've no idea at all.
Absolutely feck all. It’s an embarrassing post.

ThinkTank@Cafe

For those concerned over Ronaldo age, Ryan Giggs received his PFA Player of the Year award when he was 35. He played for Man Utd until 39 y.o.

Alive She Cried

Apart from the lucky 75,000 who have tickets to the game, it is going to be so annoying not having this on Sky, BT, Amazon or anything else live in the UK.
I will have to search for a river…
It's on Premier Sport here in Ireland, don't know if it's possible to get that over there with a VPN. Pretty much every Utd 15:00 game is televised over here.

gabbythered

He just posted a sensational post on his insta and facebook , that made my tears come out , he is a legend he will make history for us and for his own cabinet as well

snaptube vidmate

Last edited:

Paxi

@Nytram Shakes are you going to answer any of these points?

I suspect the poster has watched nothing of Ronaldo last season as if he had he wouldn't be saying what he is.

Ronaldo just won the Golden Boot at the Euros ffs.
His goal against Germany here, look at the desire to get in to the scoring position. That poster is talking rubbish.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Not going to lie, I did cry after reading this. A proper cry like a man does once a while to express his heartfelt manly emotion, not alike to those bitch kind of crying.
What the hell is a bitch kind of crying as opposed to a proper cry?

Coops73

His goal against Germany here, look at the desire to get in to the scoring position. That poster is talking rubbish.

People keep saying he’s lost a lot of pace and maybe he ain’t as quick as when he was in his twenties but feck me he looked rapid there.

NewYorkRed

I don't think he is anymore, maybe as a pure target man as there are hardly any of them in world football right now, you can argue he is in the top ten players in that role, overall gameplay no I don't think he is in the top 10.

But I dunno why I'm bother arguing, Its Ronaldo, and people want to believe they hype, let's just wait for the hype to die down and see how everyone feels at the end of the season when the shine has worn off.
Top scorer in Serie A, top scorer in the Euros. His game has changed, 100%, but to say he’s not in the top 10 players in the world is absurd. His link up play is still incredible, he’s the best header of the ball in the world but some distance and he’s guaranteed to score 20+ minimum. It’s an unreal signing.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
For those concerned over Ronaldo age, Ryan Giggs received his PFA Player of the Year award when he was 35. He played for Man Utd until 39 y.o.
If anyone is concerned about Ronaldo's age at 36 - This is Ronaldo at Juventus

He jumped 71cm of the ground to score the header. To provide some context: That is an absolutely ridiculous jump and is actually exactly the median for a NBA players vertical jump of 71cm. He's got elite level athleticism and is nowhere near finished being in the Ballon D'or conversation. With a hangtime of 1.5 seconds, this is one of the greatest headers in football of all time.

In fact he jumped so high they made a "Try it in the streets" video about it, just to give some perspective on hos ridiculous this actually is to normal people.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Don’t want to wait over a week for a video interview ffs. MUTV should be over in Lisbon grabbing him for 10 minutes.

Paxi

If anyone is concerned about Ronaldo's age at 36 - This is Ronaldo at Juventus

He jumped 71cm of the ground to score the header. To provide some context: That is an absolutely ridiculous jump and is actually exactly the median for a NBA players vertical jump of 71cm. He's got elite level athleticism and is nowhere near finished being in the Ballon D'or conversation. With a hangtime of 1.5 seconds, this is one of the greatest headers in football of all time.

In fact he jumped so high they made a "Try it in the streets" video about it, just to give some perspective on hos ridiculous this actually is to normal people.

Outrageous.

Green_Red

4-1-4-1/4-3-3 Lineup?

De Gea
AWB Maguire Varane Shaw
McT/Fred
Sancho Bruno Pogba Rashford/Martial
Greenwood/Cavani/Ronaldo

De Gea
AWB Maguire Varane Shaw
McT
Bruno Pogba
Sancho Ronaldo Rashford

Uniteddy

Course they can, not when he was in his prime, but he isn't going playing 90mins every week, he is going to need to be heavily rotated (and if that doesn't happen then there is another barrel of problems), you think Ronaldo is going to be our best player when his is 38? of course not! so quite a few players are going to be looking at his wages and think well if they are paying him that I should get that.

Plus it's not just the people who want more than him, it's the players who go well he is on that much im at least worth 2/3rds of that. increasing what your highest earner makes increases the expectations of every player, and when that highest earner is coming up rapidly to football retirement age you are asking for trouble.
I see what you are saying but our wage structure has been a mess for a while, we made an underperforming goalkeeper the highest paid player in the league!
Ronaldo has so much marketability it is not as big an issue, plus it isn't a long term commitment.

Undoubtedly other players will compare themselves but that was happening already.
DDG on multiples of what Bruno is on.
Greenwood is entitled to feel undervalued compared to Martial, Mata and even Rashford.
Ronaldo doesn't change this I think. Players recognise he is different but there are other problems with wage bill.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Any update on his number? I want to get his jersey for Christ sake !
The club has submitted a special request to have Ronaldo wear the no. 7
Edison Cavani will be given no. 21

subject to confirmation by the EPL

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Everything I wanted to hear from him. That SAF bit was absolute class.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Wonder how’s the structure of wage though. Heard his wage depends on add-ons and bonus. From what I heard, my guess is, his basic wage would be around 450k per week (before tax), if include add-ons and bonus would go up to 25m net per year.
25m net is around £1m per week gross, I don't think bonuses and add ons will be worth a further 550k per week to make that net figure work. Anyway I think journalists in England are mixing up gross and net. I would believe that he's on 450k per week net, which would be close to what he was on at Juve and he's worth every penny.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Not going to lie, I did cry after reading this. A proper cry like a man does once a while to express his heartfelt manly emotion, not alike to those bitch kind of crying.
Did you let out a quiet siuuuuu by yourself too?

TsuWave

Can just imagine the roar at OT for that first goal. Will be special moment

Status
Not open for further replies.