Cristiano Ronaldo - Man Utd Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drainy

It boggles my mind that a multi million dollar company decides to spend money based on emotions.
It's football. It's a sport, ultimately emotions are a much bigger part of it than you seem to realise.

The attitude of the players and the opposition, as well as the atmosphere around the club play a massive part in the outcomes. Then success breeds success.

TsuWave

the engagement, the euphoria.

I bet the Glazers are wondering why they didn’t buy him back sooner :lol:

Godfather

It boggles my mind that a multi million dollar company decides to spend money based on emotions.
Jesus Christ. We've spent more on guys that can't even get into our starting eleven. Doubt signing the goat is purely out of emotion. And even if it was. This is football. And football is all about emotion. So hardly something that boggles the mind?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Adding on a few more details (not a copy-paste) from above posts . They essentially say that Ronaldo to City was virtually imminent yesterday.. before Chief strategist Fergie and Co. finally "woke up" and went about a last ditch hijacking in the final 24 hours.

Glazers also saw it as a Brady - Tampa move so was given the green light.

It was an avalanche of affection that worked. It is believed Ronaldo had given his word to United by 10.30am that morning, before Ole's presser. Current squad are reportedly ecstatic to see him join!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Football isn't an exact science. This move adds a lot of value to the team and the club.
The impact this signing will have on the squad alone is priceless, not to mention the commercial aspects.

I still can't quite believe it's happened. I'm half expecting a tweet informing us it's fallen through and he's off to City.

Godfather

The impact this signing will have on the squad alone is priceless, not to mention the commercial aspects.

I still can't quite believe it's happened. I'm half expecting a tweet informing us it's fallen through and he's off to City.
It's surreal isn't it? The whole window was... Even Varane still feels strange. It's beautiful

Chairman Steve

Does anyone think there’s anything to read in the current squad reactions via social media so far? I haven’t seen a reaction from notably Pogba.

I’m inclined to think no reaction is a sign of not being too happy or about to leave.

Inter Yer Nan

Does anyone think there’s anything to read in the current squad reactions via social media so far? I haven’t seen a reaction from notably Pogba.

I’m inclined to think no reaction is a sign of not being too happy or about to leave.
Nah. Probably waiting for Ronaldo to officially rubber stamp it, make his first official statement etc;

SirAF

Ageist

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I've spent all day refreshing the transfer thread waiting for the city anouncement, firmly believing its not true.

Pretty sure I put in 50+ posts with belief the return may happen.

Had to step away for my missus' bday dinner and come back to this. So please tell:

Is this actually real?

stevoc

Anyone else longing for Danny Ings?
I was initially really pleased to hear the Ronaldo news until I remembered we let Ings go to Villa without even trying for him. What could have been.

Eddy_JukeZ

Holy feck :drool: :drool: :drool:

I woke up and saw the banner on redcafe and was stunned. I just read up on everything.

Surely he's getting the #7 right? It'd look so weird if he didn't have that number.

I honestly can't believe he's back. I never thought he'd come back.

Infestissumam

still feels so surreal. What a day ... fecking hell, I've never seen a transfer saga escalate that quickly. Can't wait to see him back in a United shirt at OT.

justsomebloke

• Fergie played a "major role" in the last 24 hours both calling Ronaldo and Mendes to sell them on United, as well as members of the United board
Without the ex players we would still be monitoring the situation. Rio had to be the middle man to woodward it seems
Detailed story in Athletic saying Ole talked to inner circle and decided we had to move, and called Woodward who agreed immediately.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
'Ingsy' is a better fit than 'Ronaldoy' to be fair.

Thinking about, we may have made a big mistake here.
no. As Rio rightly put, Ronaldo off the field is going to be as valuable to the club as he is on the field. What players like Mason, Sancho and Rashy are about to learn from will elevate them to another level in terms of professionalism, dedication, hard work etc. If he was like Higuan as an example, there's no way we sign him, but he's up there in terms of GOAT and he's not shown any evidence of falling Sanchez way. His finishing, movement and heading ability are things that will extend his career far beyond most players.

Like Giggs, he knew his limitations the older he got so he's adapted as a professional to make use of what he does have. Couldn't say the same for Sanchez.

OverratedOpinion

Rashford seems chuffed and I think Bruno posted a cartoon of him as a little boy idolizing Ronaldo. I reckon Pogba is probably pretty pleased to be playing with Cristiano Ronaldo.

Status
Not open for further replies.