Cristiano Ronaldo - Much Ado About Al Nassr

Jericho

One of the weirdest and out of touch posts I've seen on here is the bizarre suggestion this place is one of the few places mocking him. The whole world is laughing at him, everyone has come together as one to mock the fella, apart from his special fans.
Nobody should be mocking him, he did go to a Champions League club after all.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Of course, you're a diehard Messi fan as shown by your post history. Makes sense now why you're camped in here.
Number one.. I'm not a "Diehard" anyone fan. (I do believe that Messi is the best player of his generation by a country mile though and am a football fan on a football forum so will discuss the best football player I've seen in my lifetime occasionally)

Number two.. I'm not camped in here.

I've posted in here 4x less than you for example (so if I'm camped in here you must have built a house and started a family in here) for a grand total of 5 times (6 including this one).

https://www.redcafe.net/search/161759/

4 of those are in response to your (completely bizarre) claim that Redcafe are the only people making fun of Ronaldo and the only other was a post that said "Crazy" in response to his transfer when it broke.

I'm actually less making fun of Ronaldo and more disputing your (completely unfounded IMO) assertion that Redcafe find this situation disproportionately hilarious (vs the rest of the internet) when everyone everywhere is acting the same way.

mu4c_20le

Number one.. I'm not a "Diehard" anyone fan. (I do believe that Messi is the best player of his generation by a country mile though and am a football fan on a football forum so will discuss the best football player I've seen in my lifetime occasionally)

Number two.. I'm not camped in here.

I've posted in here 4x less than you for example (so if I'm camped in here you must have built a house and started a family in here) for a grand total of 5 times.

4 of those are in response to your (completely bizarre) claim that Redcafe are the only people making fun of Ronaldo and the only other was a post that said "Crazy" in response to his transfer when it broke.

I'm actually less making fun of Ronaldo and more disputing your (completely unfounded IMO) assertion that Redcafe find this situation disproportionately hilarious (vs the rest of the internet) when everyone everywhere is acting the same way.
Then thats even more odd if you're only posting here because of my post. Because i was specifically talking about when people were laughing at nothing but photos of him coming off the plane. Not future events.

30 years from now when grandpa Ronaldo stumbles on some stairs, make sure to dig up the online reaction and tag me.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Then thats even more odd if you're only posting here because of my post.
Nope it's just further evidence that everyone is laughing together.

I don't know why you are so upset about it anyway, you are obviously very emotionally invested in it.

mu4c_20le

I don't know why you are so upset about it anyway, you are obviously very emotionally invested in it.
I couldn't believe that someone was still digging up reddit posts looking at reactions like a week after my post.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
I couldn't believe that someone was still digging up reddit posts like a week after my post.
It wasn't a week ago?

Only pointing this out because I dont want this place (or thread) to become an echo chamber, but this is the only place where people laugh at him. Everywhere else it's just normal news.
That says "Yesterday" on my screen.

It's the second highest upvoted post on r/Soccer in the past 24 hours with 12.5k upvotes (Number one is Messi's guard of honour at PSG with 13.5k) so I didn't have to dig anything up, it literally appears at the top of the page.

In fact the only reason it occured to me to post it was because the only reason it's such a popular post is due to all the people laughing at the situation in the comments (the most upvoted comment being "That's Hilarious") not due to any sporting reasons.

So not only are people laughing at him, they are laughing so much (in such great numbers) it's headline news (on Reddit at least).

Last edited:

GinobiliTheGOAT

Only pointing this out because I dont want this place (or thread) to become an echo chamber, but this is the only place where people laugh at him. Everywhere else it's just normal news.
Not true at all wtf. He’s getting clowned on Twitter and Reddit as well. He’s the most made fun of athlete right now.

Ladron de redcafe

Get gets emotional and angry whenever anyone criticises Ronaldo. If you look at his post history, this was someone who constantly talked about Messi's ballon dors being "rigged".

Not true at all wtf. He’s getting clowned on Twitter and Reddit as well. He’s the most made fun of athlete right now.

Yup. And its nice watching everyone laughing at him. The way the entire thing has unfolded has been nothing short of hilarious.

The White Pele

I think this Saudi move could turn ugly within a few months once the reality bites.

It seems to me that this transfer is driven by ego. He couldn’t accept the “disrespect” of not being a guaranteed starter at Manchester United and reacted in a way that made his position at the club untenable. Then, from the limited options available to him, with seemingly no big European club interested, the option that was least damaging to his ego was to go to Saudi because of the money involved and being able to spin the angle of achieving everything he wanted in European football.

But if it’s ego and legacy that drives him this ego boost will last only a matter of weeks. For now we will hear about “Ronaldo earns £x per second” and “Ronaldo sells out stadiums, increases followers, clicks” etc which is all great for the brand but in footballing terms he will become an irrelevance very quickly with European club football back in full swing.

It doesn’t really matter how many goals he scores in Saudi, they will likely be dismissed as “stat-padding” by most and what would be more damaging for Ronaldo’s image and may even be more likely is that he doesn’t light it up in terms of goals. He will be adjusting to a different environment, a different standard of football, a different standard of team-mate whilst being a stratospheric presence in the team and league which brings its own pressure. All this at a time when he is searching for his own form and confidence and soon to turn 38. If he doesn’t stand out in the Saudi league then the football world will consider him finished and effectively in retirement. There is no shame in this for a 38 year old but this is not an end Ronaldo wanted or has planned for.

Within weeks he could be at best an irrelevance and at worst an internet meme. With Ronaldo being so driven by brand, legacy, ego how long would he accept this for?

Without the footballing relevance, all he will have then is the money (and it’s obviously astronomical figures we are talking about here) but he was already super-rich and I’m not sure what happiness more sports cars or mansions will bring him in the short-term when he and his family have to spend the next 3 years in a country and culture they probably would not have otherwise chosen.

There are other factors too. I’m not sure what the plan is for Ronaldo Jr’s footballing development but this has always seemed to be something personally important to Cristiano and the brand. You would imagine that Europe was the best place for that to continue.

How Ronaldo adapts to this new reality will be interesting but it will be very humbling for his ego and we’ve seen in recent months that this does not always end well. If it did turn sour quickly I’m not sure what his exit strategy would be in a culture that reacts to public disrespect very differently than he is used to.

It is sad but also amusing that in the last weeks he has probably had the realisation that his best option was to stay at United and focus on the basics of playing his way back into form at a resurgent club fighting on four fronts. An option that he set in flames in 90 minutes of a poorly advised interview with Piers Morgan.

He always wanted to finish at the top. He surrendered his opportunity to do so with his misassumption that in football he could always decide his own path.

Last edited:

mu4c_20le

Get gets emotional and angry whenever anyone criticises Ronaldo. If you look at his post history, this was someone who constantly talked about Messi's ballon dors being "rigged".
It's actually really easy to run a search on your posts. I'd say 90% of your posts in the last couple of months is focused on those two players. This is just two random pages....

Like damn dude...
rent free

Ladron de redcafe

So basically
CR7 - Go find me a UCL club, Europa is beneath my clutchgod mr UCl status
Mendes - Yes my tribal chief

6 months and several pathetic performances for United later

CR7 - which UCL team is begging me for my services?
Mendes - None my tribal chief
CR7 - Impossible! You are useless, you are no wise man. I will contact Bayern myself

After being rejected by all UCL teams and an interview later
CR7 - I will prove those fools wrong in the World Cup

After world cup disrespected him later
CR7 - Wise man, any UCL clubs yet?
Mendes - feck off
CR7 - Fine I will go to South Africa
Pretty much exactly how it went down :D

Strelok

Al Nassr is not playing in AFC Champions League which made CR move more ironic and laughable at the same time
What the actual feck :lol: the irony here is simply too massive for this to be real :lol:

SirMonteyne

It's a lot of money, it's hard to decline for anyone even some players who are in their prime. Watched his welcoming ceremony, that was some next-level goosebump giving shite.
Still, a bad choice IMHO, as he's been making bad decisions one after another. Like coming to the united, spurs game, interview, and Arabian team.
He really should have gone to the city, Pep desperately needed someone like him to win CL and could have won it.

Water Melon

Ronaldo does not give a f...ck about retiring at the top. He told that himself during his interview with Piers. Football is business these days, so Cristiano is eager to make as much money out of it as possible. I am just glad he is away from United and the circus of his has no longer any effect on the team and the club.

Flexdegea

rent free

I find this whole Ronaldo episode absolutely hilarious to be honest.

Disgraceful interview on Morgan, even worse world cup, Messi winning it, zero champs league teams in for him, away to a amateur league which he said is competitive in south africa.........never ending list. It's tragic to be honest his fall from grace.

I'm sure the money ok but not like he needs it, and he all about sporting achievement. Must be a massive hit to his ego this whole episode the last 6 months since the summer when no one tried to take him.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Kind of difficult to follow this thread with the Messi fanboys and the Ronaldo acolytes still going at each other.

So I see he's gonna miss the first 2 games for the Everton kid thing, any news after that?

dabronxolivera

Supports
Al Hilal
Kind of difficult to follow this thread with the Messi fanboys and the Ronaldo acolytes still going at each other.

So I see he's gonna miss the first 2 games for the Everton kid thing, any news after that?
Do you think the Arabs give two fecks about that ? He will start as soon as possible. It's not like FA can do anything. They will just tell the FA to feck off

Last edited:

Slevs

likes to play with penises
My 2 cents.

- Of course CL/Europa clubs would want him if he was on reasonable wages and a fitting role, but definitely not at the wages he's at and not for the role he wants. Imagine a 2nd/3rd level CL (no disrespect) club saying no to Ronaldo if the latter accepted decent wages and a reasonable role, you're genuinely crazy if you think that.
- Ronaldo was very stupid in his last 6 months (Morgan interview, not coming on as sub, South Africa instead of Saudi Arabia etc.)
- Messi fanboys need to stop with the "whole world is laughing at him" arc. Not really, most people are excited to have Ronaldo here (in the Middle East) and are amazed at the amount of money he's gonna make and the chance to watch a generational talent live.
- Both Messi and Ronaldo fanboys need to stop shitting on each others' legends. Just enjoy both ffs. I mean Messi just won the world cup and his fanboys are in here mocking Ronaldo. Same goes for Ronaldo fans obviously whenever Messi failed before.

Finally, for your own health, my personal advice would be to ignore the posters from the other camp (like actually set to ignore). Not very hard to see who has joined the forum purely to blow Messi/Ronaldo's trumpet in 90% of the posts they make
Also, the tagging of some posters (ex: tagging that sporting guy?) to shit on them needs to stop in all honesty. It happened during the world cup threads too, even if he avoided some threads. Its very immature and done with bad taste.

IRN-BRUno

The FA report made it clear at the time that his suspension would stand when he joined another club. Shows he didn't bother taking much notice of it I guess, you'd think this is the sort of thing teams check whenever they make a signing too.

As it hadn't been mentioned I thought they might have been a bit clever and technically signed him weeks ago. Al Nassr have played 4 games since Portugal were knocked out of the World Cup, maybe he'd been registered and they managed to keep it quiet to presumably save him further embarrassment. Turns out they were just stupid.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
My 2 cents.

- Of course CL/Europa clubs would want him if he was on reasonable wages and a fitting role, but definitely not at the wages he's at and not for the role he wants. Imagine a 2nd/3rd level CL (no disrespect) club saying no to Ronaldo if the latter accepted decent wages and a reasonable role, you're genuinely crazy if you think that.
- Ronaldo was very stupid in his last 6 months (Morgan interview, not coming on as sub, South Africa instead of Saudi Arabia etc.)
- Messi fanboys need to stop with the "whole world is laughing at him" arc. Not really, most people are excited to have Ronaldo here (in the Middle East) and are amazed at the amount of money he's gonna make and the chance to watch a generational talent live.
- Both Messi and Ronaldo fanboys need to stop shitting on each others' legends. Just enjoy both ffs. I mean Messi just won the world cup and his fanboys are in here mocking Ronaldo. Same goes for Ronaldo fans obviously whenever Messi failed before.

Finally, for your own health, my personal advice would be to ignore the posters from the other camp (like actually set to ignore). Not very hard to see who has joined the forum purely to blow Messi/Ronaldo's trumpet in 90% of the posts they make
Also, the tagging of some posters (ex: tagging that sporting guy?) to shit on them needs to stop in all honesty. It happened during the world cup threads too, even if he avoided some threads. Its very immature and done with bad taste.
You’re taking it too seriously. It’s funny because of Ronaldo’s past comments regarding the area and his general behaviour over the last couple months.

Glorio

My 2 cents.

While I get your overall point, you have no proof whatsoever of your assertion above. So no - no one is crazy for thinking that.
"2nd/3rd ) level CL teams" have come out and said publicly they've been offered Ronaldo and refused.

The article on the split from Mendez stated that they went as low as 80K in salary demands and no one was interested. The info is right there and not that hard to find. "Reasonable role" or not, they flat out refused him like we should've done.

If anything the living proof supports those you accuse of being crazy.

R'hllor

Ofcourse Al Nassr is not playing in ACL, why would anyone think that South African team takes part in Asian Champions league, you feckers dense or something, on top having cheeks to drop green smilies all over the place, newbie system really need some re-work.

SirAF

Ageist

Unsure why his new club keeps being referred to as South African
Ronaldo misspoke at the presser saying he was pleased to be in South Africa or something (propbably happened because he had mentioned South Africa as an example moments earlier).