Cristiano Ronaldo - Much Ado About Al Nassr

fallengt

- Of course CL/Europa clubs would want him if he was on reasonable wages and a fitting role, but definitely not at the wages he's at and not for the role he wants. Imagine a 2nd/3rd level CL (no disrespect) club saying no to Ronaldo if the latter accepted decent wages and a reasonable role, you're genuinely crazy if you think that.
He was offered to Frankfurt fc and possibly every CL club out there. Not sure about role part but it's not beyond doubt that he had accepted wage reduction.
Al Nassr's offer had always been there, no rush for him to sign now or 6 months later. I'm sure if he could choose, he would rather want 10 Champion League goals and/or a chance to win UCL than millions dollar.

VP

My 2 cents.

- Of course CL/Europa clubs would want him if he was on reasonable wages and a fitting role, but definitely not at the wages he's at and not for the role he wants. Imagine a 2nd/3rd level CL (no disrespect) club saying no to Ronaldo if the latter accepted decent wages and a reasonable role, you're genuinely crazy if you think that.
- Ronaldo was very stupid in his last 6 months (Morgan interview, not coming on as sub, South Africa instead of Saudi Arabia etc.)
- Messi fanboys need to stop with the "whole world is laughing at him" arc. Not really, most people are excited to have Ronaldo here (in the Middle East) and are amazed at the amount of money he's gonna make and the chance to watch a generational talent live.
- Both Messi and Ronaldo fanboys need to stop shitting on each others' legends. Just enjoy both ffs. I mean Messi just won the world cup and his fanboys are in here mocking Ronaldo. Same goes for Ronaldo fans obviously whenever Messi failed before.

Finally, for your own health, my personal advice would be to ignore the posters from the other camp (like actually set to ignore). Not very hard to see who has joined the forum purely to blow Messi/Ronaldo's trumpet in 90% of the posts they make
Also, the tagging of some posters (ex: tagging that sporting guy?) to shit on them needs to stop in all honesty. It happened during the world cup threads too, even if he avoided some threads. Its very immature and done with bad taste.
Much of the football world is laughing at him, though. And for good reason, if we can't laugh at a narcissistic prick getting his comeuppance, then what's the point of the internet? I think most of us aren't even Messi fanboys, just sensible folk who always knew Messi was better but had to endure 10 years of nonsense from Ronaldo fanboys, who in addition to being delusional also seem to be snowflakes.

TsuWave

Pintu

He was offered to Frankfurt fc and possibly every CL club out there. Not sure about role part but it's not beyond doubt that he had accepted wage reduction.
Al Nassr's offer had always been there, no rush for him to sign now or 6 months later. I'm sure if he could choose, he would rather want 10 Champion League goals and/or a chance to win UCL than millions dollar.
Yes he'd probably have accepted some wage reduction, but how much of a reduction?

Nobody is scoring 10 CL goals in 2 (or 4 if lucky) CL KO games ( playing for Brugge).. And certainly not a 38 years old player.... But to suggest that he wouldn't improve the squad of some teams left in the CL is ridiculous.... He scored 30 goals in all competitions last year, including 6 in the CL and 18 in the PL... He is probably declining rapidly. But, I don't buy the idea that he has declined enough for all the CL teams to consider that he can in no way improve their overall squad. Let's remember current CL teams include some with very limited forward options.

And then comes the marketing and commercial benefit that you got coming with him (surely clubs take it into account). Having CR7 for 6 months would boost any club's social media and overall visibility massively... I have no doubts De Laurentiis at Napoli, as well as the American owners of Chelsea and Milan, would be very interested in that part!!

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Yes he'd probably have accepted some wage reduction, but how much of a reduction?

Nobody is scoring 10 CL goals in 2 (or 4 if lucky) CL KO games ( playing for Brugge).. And certainly not a 38 years old player.... But to suggest that he wouldn't improve the squad of some teams left in the CL is ridiculous.... He scored 30 goals in all competitions last year, including 6 in the CL and 18 in the PL... He is probably declining rapidly. But, I don't buy the idea that he has declined enough for all the CL teams to consider that he can in no way improve their overall squad. Let's remember current CL teams include some with very limited forward options.

And then comes the marketing and commercial benefit that you got coming with him (surely clubs take it into account). Having CR7 for 6 months would boost any club's social media and overall visibility massively... I have no doubts De Laurentiis at Napoli, as well as the American owners of Chelsea and Milan, would be very interested in that part!!
Everyone knows how toxic AF he is. That probably went against him more than his on the pitch stats and performances.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Anyone seen the video of him eyeing up the presenter while standing there with his gf and kids?

Not surprising for a narcissist but still a shame so many kids look up to him.

Jericho

Agreed, yet it seemingly wasn't enough to persuade any big club to go in for him. I think the fact that Ronaldo feels the need to tell us that clubs from USA, Australia, Brazil and Portugal were in for him as proof that he was wanted by somebody suggests that none of the big clubs were interested. Clubs in USA and Australia haven't exactly been fussy, of course they'd want him, that should go without saying.

Right now he's the worst example of someone who says he doesn't care what other people think, all the while looking like he really really cares what people think.

Reactions: oneniltothearsenal

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd

Yes, the marketing thing is fair enough - that could be an actual, tangible upside for a smaller club.

The rest, though: you could make a reasonable argument that United catered to him in the first season. As in - we accommodated him at the detriment of results, so that he could score his goals (not by explicit design, but in effect).

And United weren't a shit team in the grand scheme - we were shit relative to our ambitions and status (as we have been for years), but objectively we weren't anywhere near the level of a bog standard CL team from one of the "smaller" leagues.

It is not unreasonable to speculate that Ronaldo would fail to score a singe goal in the CL for such a team, even if they did everything they could to facilitate Ronaldo (as a goal scorer).

Ladron de redcafe

Much of the football world is laughing at him, though. And for good reason, if we can't laugh at a narcissistic prick getting his comeuppance, then what's the point of the internet? I think most of us aren't even Messi fanboys, just sensible folk who always knew Messi was better but had to endure 10 years of nonsense from Ronaldo fanboys, who in addition to being delusional also seem to be snowflakes.

Delusional and now emotional about people laughing at him, it seems

Anyone seen the video of him eyeing up the presenter while standing there with his gf and kids?

Not surprising for a narcissist but still a shame so many kids look up to him.

His wife looked pissed.

Greck

He should have never filtered his entire game to scoring. Messi would have never won that World cup without his playmaking and all round game. And contrary to what people think Ronaldo was once a complete player. With proper adjustments he wouldn't have to become a liability.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
I think most of us aren't even Messi fanboys, just sensible folk who always knew Messi was better but had to endure 10 years of nonsense from Ronaldo fanboys, who in addition to being delusional also seem to be snowflakes.
Well yeah, that's pretty much how I feel about the whole situation (and accusation of being a "Messi Fan" rather than a football fan who recognizes the best player of our era).

I'm not "laughing at" Ronaldo really, I feel kind of bad for him to be honest because it's been a spectacular fall from grace in a relatively short period of time.

fallengt

All I know there were (confirmed) rumors about CL clubs rejecting Ronaldo and non about them wanting him. Even his "best mate" Rio, couldn't name one. The only club seriously about the transfer was from Saudi, this was directly from United's mouthpiece and it turned out to be true.

Which club Ronaldo would improve exactly? No disrespect but he played against Sheriff and Omonoia and barely scored. Ronaldo is a luxury poacher, either you build a team around him and his preferable playstyle or not at all, he doesn't "improve" squad. That reason alone chase many suitors away.
He improved United so much that we went from 2nd to 6th.

GinobiliTheGOAT

My 2 cents.

- Ronaldo was very stupid in his last 6 months (Morgan interview, not coming on as sub, South Africa instead of Saudi Arabia etc.)
- Messi fanboys need to stop with the "whole world is laughing at him" arc. Not really, most people are excited to have Ronaldo here (in the Middle East) and are amazed at the amount of money he's gonna make and the chance to watch a generational talent live.
- Both Messi and Ronaldo fanboys need to stop shitting on each others' legends. Just enjoy both ffs. I mean Messi just won the world cup and his fanboys are in here mocking Ronaldo. Same goes for Ronaldo fans obviously whenever Messi failed before.

Finally, for your own health, my personal advice would be to ignore the posters from the other camp (like actually set to ignore). Not very hard to see who has joined the forum purely to blow Messi/Ronaldo's trumpet in 90% of the posts they make
Also, the tagging of some posters (ex: tagging that sporting guy?) to shit on them needs to stop in all honesty. It happened during the world cup threads too, even if he avoided some threads. Its very immature and done with bad taste.
Ronaldo was willing to lower his salary to 80,000 a week and still got rejected by every team in his Europe. His deserved being shat on with how moronic he’s handled things this year. His own hubris led to this spectacular downfall. You reap what you sow.

GinobiliTheGOAT

Not a single team in Europe wanted him. None. He offered to lower his wages to 80,000 a week and still got rejected massively. Ronaldo will be forgotten in the Saudi league by the rest of the world after a week. He was absolutely horrific in the World Cup and any time he played for Untied this season. Of all the teams in Europe not one took the bait. His toxic element far outweighs any quickly declining commercial value he once had.

IRN-BRUno

Debut could be delayed further, today's game has been postponed because heavy rain caused an electrical fault at the stadium :lol:

lex talionis

A sad final chapter in an otherwise glorious career. He’ll be remembered most for his achievements, but how he disgraced himself in his final chapter will never be forgotten.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
The game's been postponed today due to bad weather.

Was just wondering where his missus would sit. Would she have to sit with all the other women in the women's family section??

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
I think the chick in the white just moves closer to them/ in to his peripheral vision and he looks over (his wife looks over simultaneously) rather than him being a pervert.

BerryBerryShrew

I think the chick in the white just moves closer to them/ in to his peripheral vision and he looks over (his wife looks over simultaneously) rather than him being a pervert.
Agreed. It seems hilariously innocuous. If anything, he seems a bit freaked out by the girl in white making unrelenting eye contact with him in front of his missus.

Also, Ronaldo is probably having daily threeways with random women who are more attractive than that girl- when you get to his level of fame and status, women do the chasing rather than him having to lust after presenters in front of his family.

redshaw

That last clip does look there's something to it, a little bit of flirting but I don't think it will go anywhere of course. An aging Ronaldo is probably flattered and enjoying for a moment he's still got it.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Man isn't even subtle about it.

Yea he looks at other woman to get eye contact. His lady looks at her then him looking at her and as she looks away again Ronaldo clocks he's been seen and bites his lip. All for everyone to see.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Oh come one, I like to have a laugh at him because of the whole shitshow, but this is nothing :lol:

Game cancelled because of the rain and electrical problem after paying him 1 billion per second... now, that's a bit hilarious.

Threesus

What a brutal end to the Messi-Ronaldo debate. I hope he has a good time at Saudi Arabia.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
That last clip does look there's something to it, a little bit of flirting but I don't think it will go anywhere of course. An aging Ronaldo is probably flattered and enjoying for a moment he's still got it.
He is still super famous and rich, even if he was an ugly bastard he still would get ton of young women chasing him...if fat/overweight and bald middle age rich men can land/bang young women who look like models, Ronaldo can too.

Daengophile

It is going to be interesting to see how he reacts to the NGOs calling on him to help support human rights changes in the kingdom

He could find himself in a maelstrom of nastiness that would almost certainly affect his sponsors

leon24

Oh? To laugh as someone who most likely has won more than most and currently earning probably 10 times or even more?

If there’s this person in the industry I’m at, I’ll probably be envious rather than laughing at him.