Cristiano Ronaldo - Much Ado About Al Nassr

MrEleson

Oh man, who would have thought that Ronaldo could be freescoring against mighty Al Wehda! :eek:

Tbh this stat-padding of his legacy feels a bit like that clip of Owen with the teenage goalie.

"well done, he’s 13"
You say that like he’s in his prime. He’s fecking 40 years old. How many legendary players were even playing at that age.

And isn’t this supposed to be his level now?

MrEleson

Yeah it must’ve been awful for him to increase his goal tally in the champions league. I’m sure he’s much happier banging in hat tricks against a bunch of bin men and taxi drivers.
When he left Juve in 2021, you think he was going to go from being their best player and topscorer in the whole league (30 league goals) to playing in Saudi?

Eriku

You say that like he’s in his prime. He’s fecking 40 years old. How many legendary players were even playing at that age.

And isn’t this supposed to be his level now?
For a supposed GOAT contender it’s kind of embarassing to see all the fanfare around this is all I’m saying. I think he could still do better than Saudi, it’s just nobody can afford him.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
At least if he's anything he's no bullshiter badge kissing and he's professional in his first time with us. Madrid was his dream afterall he's not pretending

Todays players will sulk big time Charlie when not being allowed a move to RM. Slave comment aside he did give his all on the pitch the next season even if it's for the wrong motivation.

JogaBonitoRooney

At least if he's anything he's no bullshiter badge kissing and he's professional in his first time with us. Madrid was his dream afterall he's not pretending

Todays players will sulk big time Charlie when not being allowed a move to RM. Slave comment aside he did give his all on the pitch the next season even if it's for the wrong motivation.
Madrid was his dream because he knew that's the best place to get the individual accolades and highest chance of winning multiple CLs which would make him look greater. He used them for that and that's respectable in my opinion over some of the butt kissing players do for Madrid. He gave them an FU and moved to Juventus to try prove he didn't need them. Although it didn't work out, it's honourable that he refused be used around for Madrid's PR.

Theonas

Scout
Madrid was his dream because he knew that's the best place to get the individual accolades and highest chance of winning multiple CLs which would make him look greater. He used them for that and that's respectable in my opinion over some of the butt kissing players do for Madrid. He gave them an FU and moved to Juventus to try prove he didn't need them. Although it didn't work out, it's honourable that he refused be used around for Madrid's PR.
Didn’t they get rid of him? I could have sworn they were the ones making that decision but I could be wrong.

JogaBonitoRooney

Didn’t they get rid of him? I could have sworn they were the ones making that decision but I could be wrong.
I don't know what exactly happened but I'm sure he could've stayed if he wanted to. It was a probably a case of "give me what I want or I'll leave, I don't need you, I'll show you" and them saying "we'd be happy for you to stay but if you're not on the same page as us then you're free to leave".

Theonas

Scout
I don't know what exactly happened but I'm sure he could've stayed if he wanted to. It was a probably a case of "give me what I want or I'll leave, I don't need you, I'll show you" and them saying "we'd be happy for you to stay but if you're not on the same page as us then you're free to leave".
Right! Sounds more like it.

Nicolarra90

As long as the follower is not a fake account, football nation or not is irrelevant. I don't even know what football nation stands for anyway. Is US a football nation? All I know the pay rate for view in youtube in US is higher than other countries.
No

SirAF

Ageist
Only now seeing this wonder goal. 891 number of goals, right? Wonder if he can get to 1000 playing in Saudi Arabia for another 2-3 years.

If he extends his contract, as rumoured, and maintains his output he'll do it. It's a bloody big ask though.

frostbite

Makes a lot of money.

Cristiano Ronaldo has topped the Forbes list of highest-paid athletes for the fourth time in his career, with Jon Rahm moving up to second.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/articles/ceklk9j7vmeo

<<Business magazine Forbes says, external the 39-year-old Portugal forward earned $260m (£205m) - up from $136m (£108.7m) - over the past 12 months.>>

That's a lot of money! Messi must be jealous, he only makes half of that!

Lewnited

Such a weirdo, why is he even playing over there :lol: If he accepted his physical decline, he could still have been a brilliant rotation/bench option for a lot of good teams

El Zoido

Only now seeing this wonder goal. 891 number of goals, right? Wonder if he can get to 1000 playing in Saudi Arabia for another 2-3 years.
He won’t stop until he gets it even if it takes him until he’s 45. Someone will always take Ronaldo on their team.

JogaBonitoRooney

Such a weirdo, why is he even playing over there :lol: If he accepted his physical decline, he could still have been a brilliant rotation/bench option for a lot of good teams
Why would he do that? Would only get maybe 5 mil. Nowhere near as much now.

Forbes highest paid athlete is also like a award for him.