Cristiano Ronaldo (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
PSG? They will loss Mbappe this summer, and they could easily afford his wage and demand.
PSG? Just so they can claim they are the only team ever to have had Ronaldo AND Messi
I think they’re the only possibility he has, but God help the manager who has to get a 35 year old Messi, 37 year old Ronaldo, and this iteration of Neymar playing competent football in an attack.

jamesjimmybyrondean

EPsg would probably fantasise about getting Ronaldo to play with Messi and Neymar with Zidane leading the team

Idxomer

Ronaldo isn't going to play for PSG, I can guarantee you that.

arthurka

Don't care if he goes, really strange decision to get him back. He has been really poor and if this was Rashford missing all these chances this place would be boiling. Just don't get why we thought having two CF close to 40 leading the line. His biggest problem is his ego he just doesn't see how poor he has become.

KeanoMagicHat

Well I certainly hope so. Ronaldo will be 38 at the business end of next season and still having tantrums every time he gets subbed. Make it someone else’s problem.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Do we need someone to be talking, for Us to put two and two together and realise that this will be Ronaldo’s only season with United.

He came under the auspices that he would help the club improve. We haven’t.

His form has been terrible (even with the bar set at normal EPL standard, never mind one of the ‘greatest players ever’ standard).

He’s slower, doesn’t seem so want to track back and do the dirty work, he is not playing with players that can service him, there is a bit of a numpty as a captain and he hasn’t taken over the armband from them.

He will want to go out with a bang. He won’t do that at United next season.
He’s away.

So what we have is something that is easy to see (Ronaldo leaving), and a tabloid pumping it out there, before the Leeds game.
That’s what I’m saying, it’s not just a tabloid before a match, this noise is going on for weeks in various websites and papers

edit: which is why you see me saying striker is a priority signing for the last few weeks

MacGlock88

That’s what I’m saying, it’s not just a tabloid before a match, this noise is going on for weeks in various websites and papers

edit: which is why you see me saying striker is a priority signing for the last few weeks
OP posted a tweet with the word ‘Exclusive’ on it.

I’m saying that this hyperbole was spun by the Sun & others for months.

So what’s different?

We have a big game against Leeds.
Ronaldo has just got a goal, and maybe getting his head together.

It’s not exclusive, it’s agenda.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
OP posted a tweet with the word ‘Exclusive’ on it.

I’m saying that this hyperbole was spun by the Sun & others for months.

So what’s different?

We have a big game against Leeds.
Ronaldo has just got a goal, and maybe getting his head together.

It’s not exclusive, it’s agenda.
Nonsense, it’s a lazy journo trying to catch up and make a story out of a weeks old rumour. By saying it’s an agenda we pay too much respect to this.

for the record I’m ambivalent to him leaving as long as we replace him

RedDevilRoshi

I can’t see him leaving.

PSG have committed to Messi, and they won’t have him and Ronaldo in the same frontline.

Zero issue with him staying either, we just need to manage his minutes and the squad better.
This

MacGlock88

Nonsense, it’s a lazy journo trying to catch up and make a story out of a weeks old rumour. By saying it’s an agenda we pay too much respect to this.

for the record I’m ambivalent to him leaving as long as we replace him
I’ve advised that I understand that the Sun and others carried the story of CR leaving from at least, January of this year.

The article has ‘exclusive’ in the title.

What’s nonsense?

It is an agenda though.
It’s not exclusive to United.

The art will be turned to Kane by tomorrow (if not already) shoving him to all the prominent clubs.

It’s the way it works.
An example being the Red Tops with the Wngland national team.

Agenda to put ‘scoops’ out there, sell papers and to bell with the physiological impact.

MacGlock88

By saying it’s an agenda we pay too much respect to this.
Equally, as United Fans (or at least on a United forum) it could be argued that we pay too much respect to the tripe by posting it on the forum, and having multiple pages of replies.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I think they’re the only possibility he has, but God help the manager who has to get a 35 year old Messi, 37 year old Ronaldo, and this iteration of Neymar playing competent football in an attack.
Sure, that's what I think too. Its PSG or nowhere else.

Besides, a trio attack of Ronaldo, Messi and Neymar, who wouldn't want to see that? Although they are no longer anywhere near their peak...

macheda14

I agree the money spent isn’t the issue. However, you think the Glazers shouldn’t take any blame for how they have wasted the clubs money? :lol:

It’s their business and their responsibility to fix their mess. The managers and scouting dept don’t own the club, the glazers do.
That’s literally what they said. Can’t blame them for the amount of money we spend, but can for how we spent it.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
"second fiddle to Ronaldo"

Completely missing the point. I know he assists, I've watched them all their careers, but it's the WHO not the what.
Are you questioning Messi professionalism as a footballer, and think he wouldn't want to assist any goals to his biggest rival even they become teammates, despite playing mainly as a playmaker now at PSG?

Its ok to admit that you think he is not professional, are you going to that?

CM

Stinking it up constitutes being the 4th top scorer in the league and scoring 6 in 5 in the Champions League does it? Nobodies saying he's been great but jesus, I wish we had more players stinking it up that badly.
9 goals in 21 games, 2 of them penalties. That's a pretty poor return for a player who has the team built around him.

It isn't just about the goals either, the general level of performance has been so low from him. The sooner we move on from this nostalgia fuelled transfer, the better.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Ronaldo should go but I think we'll get another season of him stinking it up here.

We don't like signing more than 3 first teamers per summer and we already have several positions which need filling. Plus Ronaldo is on a pretty cushty wage that he won't get elsewhere.
Regardless of whether Ronaldo is staying or leaving a new centre forward is a priority this summer. Cavani will be gone. Greenwood will likely not play next season and martial doesn’t want to come back. We have to buy a striker.

CM

Regardless of whether Ronaldo is staying or leaving a new centre forward is a priority this summer. Cavani will be gone. Greenwood will likely not play next season and martial doesn’t want to come back. We have to buy a striker.
Agreed, I just think he'll end up staying so we don't have to sign a second.

mctrials23

Don't care if he goes, really strange decision to get him back. He has been really poor and if this was Rashford missing all these chances this place would be boiling. Just don't get why we thought having two CF close to 40 leading the line. His biggest problem is his ego he just doesn't see how poor he has become.
Hes not poor, hes just not worth the money we are paying him and he is like all ex-elite players who simply cannot handle the idea of not being the main man in the team. Rooney had the same issue for years. He should have been moved on 2-3 years before he left but United are a joke club who make sentimental (and I would argue marketing) decisions that cost the club dearly.

If Ronaldo knew when to pass the ball, was happy to be part of the rotation of strikers and knew when there were better players to do what he is trying to do he would be fine. Still a massive waste of money but fine.

Best thing for the club is to find a way to move him on in the summer, spend big on a new CF and a few other positions. We should in theory have a new manager, a large transfer pot and a massive reduction in wages.

What will most likely happen is that we pay Pogba £500k/w to stay, give Rashford and DDG a pay rise and obviously extend Ronaldo for 2 more years.

Ladron de redcafe

Sure, that's what I think too. Its PSG or nowhere else.

Besides, a trio attack of Ronaldo, Messi and Neymar, who wouldn't want to see that? Although they are no longer anywhere near their peak...
PSG don't want to see that. Which is why they declined to bid for him last summer and won't go for him again this summer. Feel free to bump this if I'm wrong.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
You seem unable to do so, that's for sure.
Whatever. This is not about Messi vs Ronaldo anyway, even that's the way you want how discussion to go. Just a question on Messi professionalism as a footballer, which I believe he is top professional regardless, but you don't.

Ladron de redcafe

Whatever. This is not about Messi vs Ronaldo anyway, even that's the way you want how discussion to go. Just a question on Messi professionalism as a footballer, which I believe he is top professional regardless, but you don't.
This thread isn't about Messi, as you said. So why are you wasting my time discussing Messi yet again in a Ronaldo thread and accusing of others of derailing?

Stick to discussing Ronaldo's potential exit.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
This thread isn't about Messi, as you said. So why are you wasting my time discussing Messi yet again in a Ronaldo thread and accusing of others of derailing?

Stick to discussing Ronaldo's potential exit.
Of course, and I am only responding to your posts quoting on me, If you wonder why.

The only place Ronaldo might go is PSG, thats all I am saying all along.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
PSG don't want to see that. Which is why they declined to bid for him last summer and won't go for him again this summer. Feel free to bump this if I'm wrong.
They don't have Mbappe situation last summer, they might have one this summer, which would open up possibilities of other transfer.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Are you questioning Messi professionalism as a footballer, and think he wouldn't want to assist any goals to his biggest rival even they become teammates, despite playing mainly as a playmaker now at PSG?

What an odd post. Talk about 2+2=5.

And no.

Gazza

:lol: You are special.

AndySmith1990

Good riddance. Sick of him being talked about as if he's bigger than the club, and his weird fanboys are annoying too. Not to mention he just isn't that good anymore and we need a better forward who can contribute more to the team.

FujiVice

As hard as it may sound, when Ronaldo retires, Manchester United and football will continue. I've seen Mark Hughes leave, Cantona retire, Jaap Stam sold, Van Nistelrooy squeezed out, Ronaldo leave the first time and Alex Ferguson retire. Ronaldo leaving isnt going to be that big of a deal.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
He will score again today and we will win and threads like this will still continue.

People have themselves convinced he is the issue and he just isn’t. We have far worse players playing week in week out and we still haven’t got a top class manager at the peak of his powers since Ferguson left.

He is an asset in the squad and he will continue to be so if he stays. I hope he does.

Ladron de redcafe

Of course, and I am only responding to your posts quoting on me, If you wonder why.

The only place Ronaldo might go is PSG, thats all I am saying all along.
I was responding to yours. Ronaldo isn't going to PSG because they don't want him.

LoneStar

I don’t mind him staying as long as he’s okay with being a squad player and being benched often. Which he probably will never accept, so..

Status
Not open for further replies.