Cristiano Ronaldo (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They don't have Mbappe situation last summer, they might have one this summer, which would open up possibilities of other transfer.
They signed Messi and right now are looking at a ridiculously expensive player who is objectively worse than their 2, maybe 3 best players, is in clear decline and doesn't actually make them better

Yeah, i'm sure they can't wait to do it again....

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
If mbappe leaves I can definitely see him going to PSG.

I never thought I'd ever see sergio ramos and messi in the same team So it's possible to get ronaldo and messi together.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Honest to God, I don't have any ill will towards him. We needed a DM, and the Glazers penny pinched at the wrong time. I think the team needs a hard reboot now, and I think it's fair to both parties for everyone to go their separate ways.
This is so dim a post it's unreal.

We bought a 70m winger, Varane at decent money, and shelled out these mad wages to Ronaldo
It was the manager who decided to put the funds in like this versus a DM.

Who else went in heavier than we did last summer? Not many, if any.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
They signed Messi and right now are looking at a ridiculously expensive player who is objectively worse than their 2, maybe 3 best players, is in clear decline and doesn't actually make them better

I agree.

If he leaves his options are limited in Europe. Won't be to another Premier League club. Spanish/Italian clubs won't be interested and Bayern won't be either so there's only either PSG (which I don't think will happen as Ramos and Messi haven't worked out so far) or he decides he's closing his career out and goes back to Sporting on low wages.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Can't see him leaving until his contract is up, at which point he will be well over 38 and not exactly a desirable investment for any club given his wages.

ReallyUSA

This is so dim a post it's unreal.

We bought a 70m winger, Varane at decent money, and shelled out these mad wages to Ronaldo
It was the manager who decided to put the funds in like this versus a DM.

Who else went in heavier than we did last summer? Not many, if any.
He told the Glazers he wanted a DM.

hobbers

He told the Glazers he wanted a DM.
He didnt tell the Glazers anything.

But he did give the VdB transfer the green light and then never gave him a kick. And he did horde so many players last summer there wasn't room in the squad limit to even sign anyone else.

He didnt even want to sell James but had to because Ronaldo took the 25th squad place.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
The idea of him going to PSG is absurd. Messi and Ronaldo in their prime is a cheat code. Currently and in the future it's suicide.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
The idea of him going to PSG is absurd. Messi and Ronaldo in their prime is a cheat code. Currently and in the future it's suicide.
I can see Messi leaving PSG and going back to Barca because 1. Xavi is their and 2. He looks awkward in PSG

IF he leaves I can see PSG going for Ronaldo especially because Mbappe is guaranteed to leave and PSG will need star power.

Ronaldo isn’t wanted at United and should of gone to city but he listened to Rio, Rooney and Sir Alex. If he was going to be treated this way by the fans anyways he should of just gone to City and bagged himself an east CL win.

ReallyUSA

He didnt tell the Glazers anything.

But he did give the VdB transfer the green light and then never gave him a kick. And he did horde so many players last summer there wasn't room in the squad limit to even sign anyone else.

He didnt even want to sell James but had to because Ronaldo took the 25th squad place.
So you’re leaked information is valid over mine because of narrative?

hobbers

So you’re leaked information is valid over mine because of narrative?
What leaked information? None of what I said is "leaked" it's blindingly obvious.

Ole would never have dealt with the Glazers. Ole dealt with Woodward. That's how the club structure works. The manager has a veto on signings so Ole was happy with spending £40m on VdB. Ole didn't want to sell James and only had to because the surprise Ronaldo deal meant we had 26 players over 21yo and the squad limit is 25.

And the reason we had 26 players despite a 25 player squad limit, 2 days before the end of the window, is because Ole was horribly incompetent and lied to half a dozen players about their prospects to keep them at the club.

Nothing to do with the Glazers. By keeping and extending contracts of Jones, Lingard, Martial, James, Mata, Grant etc. Ole made it impossible for us to sign anyone else in the summer.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I can see Messi leaving PSG and going back to Barca because 1. Xavi is their and 2. He looks awkward in PSG

IF he leaves I can see PSG going for Ronaldo especially because Mbappe is guaranteed to leave and PSG will need star power.

Ronaldo isn’t wanted at United and should of gone to city but he listened to Rio, Rooney and Sir Alex. If he was going to be treated this way by the fans anyways he should of just gone to City and bagged himself an east CL win.
very true, the way a lot of United fans were begging and hoping that he joins us last summer was on another level. Even when city wanted him. Now they are acting indifferent because he is not our top scorer the league top scorer. Our fans should be more grateful that he decided to choose us over city and in my opinion, his legacy has not been ruined this season as he is still at least scoring goals and showing hunger to win. If Ronaldo won’t mind playing a bit part role next season, then I wouldn’t mind him staying and having the same effect that Giggs had in his last few years for us in mentoring the younger players.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

Maybe for publicity? I agree It didn't make any sense to invest so much money to have both Messi and Ronaldo who are in their clear decline. But then, we are talking about PSG, they don't care losing 200m on Mbappe, I don't think they would care much paying Ronaldo another 25-50m for his 1-2 years wages.

KeanoMagicHat

Especially if you replace Mbappé with Ronaldo which is a considerable downgrade. Mbappé is carrying PSG’s attack, Neymar plays half the games in a season and Messi’s legs have gone. So if he goes to PSG then they’d have two past it players and an unreliable player, who will all expect to start every game

Water Melon

I doubt that Cristiano will leave and get better salary elsewhere. Most assuredly I do not see PSG being interested in him at all. It looks that the options are: he stays put wi th us, goes to Sporting on less wages or retires.

MinGin

What leaked information? None of what I said is "leaked" it's blindingly obvious.

Ole would never have dealt with the Glazers. Ole dealt with Woodward. That's how the club structure works. The manager has a veto on signings so Ole was happy with spending £40m on VdB. Ole didn't want to sell James and only had to because the surprise Ronaldo deal meant we had 26 players over 21yo and the squad limit is 25.

And the reason we had 26 players despite a 25 player squad limit, 2 days before the end of the window, is because Ole was horribly incompetent and lied to half a dozen players about their prospects to keep them at the club.

Nothing to do with the Glazers. By keeping and extending contracts of Jones, Lingard, Martial, James, Mata, Grant etc. Ole made it impossible for us to sign anyone else in the summer.
No one knew that the half a dozen players would like to kept and extended the contract by Ole or Woodward, but most dozen players haven't given many minutes under Ole (Jones, Lingard & Mata) and in the view from Woodward, the players cannot be sold in a cheaper price and he need to explain to his boss about the loss of players price. Also, the high salary of the players would be declined the interest from other clubs
In post-SAF era, we can see that our transfer management especially selling side were failed and unaccepted. Not under Ole only.

Gehrman

Especially if you replace Mbappé with Ronaldo which is a considerable downgrade. Mbappé is carrying PSG’s attack, Neymar plays half the games in a season and Messi’s legs have gone. So if he goes to PSG then they’d have two past it players and an unreliable player, who will all expect to start every game
Also well he hasn't had a stellar season at all so far. And he's already ancient. Ronaldo can't replace Mpabbe. No one can really. Haaland for goals maybe, but he won't be going there. Still for shits and giggles it would be fun to see Ronaldo and Messi in the same team.

Ladron de redcafe

Sure they don't want him because they already have Mbappe. The situation might change this summer, we will have to see.
Going from Mbappé to Ronaldo represents a downgrade of gigantic proportions. But that isn't the point here. PSG don't want Ronaldo, and won't want him even if Mbappé leaves.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
He should never have come back in the first place. He's stained his impeccable career by re-associating himself with United. Would've been better off going to City.
Ridiculous comment !

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
He should never have come back in the first place. He's stained his impeccable career by re-associating himself with United. Would've been better off going to City.
And he would have then been hated by all united fans?

Nickosaur

Can't see him leaving until his contract is up, at which point he will be well over 38 and not exactly a desirable investment for any club given his wages.
On the flip side, perhaps this summer is his last chance to get another big paycheck for 2 years from a major club?

At the end of his current contract you'd have to imagine that would be it for him - maybe an MLS team but can't imagine anywhere at the very top level. Whereas someone like PSG might still be willing to gamble on him and pay him what he wants for 2 seasons come the summer.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Going from Mbappé to Ronaldo represents a downgrade of gigantic proportions. But that isn't the point here. PSG don't want Ronaldo, and won't want him even if Mbappé leaves.
How do they upgrade from Mbappe leaving, really?

Ronaldo already scored more goals than Messi+Neymar combined this season, so if they could manage to survive with declining Messi+Neymar in Ligue 1, I don't think they would struggle as much with declining Ronaldo over there.

Ladron de redcafe

Ronaldo already scored more goals than Messi+Neymar combined this season, so if they could manage to survive with declining Messi+Neymar in Ligue 1, I don't think they would struggle as much with declining Ronaldo over there.
You don't. But you don't go for a downgrade that drastic.

Why are you mentioning Messi in a Ronaldo thread? Both Messi and Neymar offer far more than goals, while Ronaldo doesn't, which is why PSG wants them and got them while they declined to go for Ronaldo.

Varun1

Am pretty sure I read in the Athletic that Ole pushed for Ron to be signed, Something about Ron becoming available and a club icon playing for City. That article appeared early in the season before Ole got sacked.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel

With that frontline, opposing teams in the champions league can comfortably walk the ball into attack, set their stalls and pick their passes. It won't survive in Europe, unless both Ronaldo and Messi turn back the clock and each score more than a goal a game.

Gehrman

With that frontline, opposing teams in the champions league can comfortably walk the ball into attack, set their stalls and pick their passes. It won't survive in Europe, unless both Ronaldo and Messi turn back the clock and each score more than a goal a game.
PSG can't have 2 oldies who don't press and defend.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I think they will survive in Europe based on how they "peak" their games this season, as both Ronaldo and Messi tend to up their game when playing in Europe.

CL this season:
Ronaldo: 6 goals in 5 games
Messi: 5 goals in 6 games

Last edited:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
PSG can't have 2 oldies who don't press and defend.
Not every teams need to press and defend up front. I think with those teams who are good at controlling in midfield, less pressing is needed.

Last edited:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
You don't. But you don't go for a downgrade that drastic.

Why are you mentioning Messi in a Ronaldo thread? Both Messi and Neymar offer far more than goals, while Ronaldo doesn't, which is why PSG wants them and got them while they declined to go for Ronaldo.
Because we are discussing possibility of Ronaldo going PSG, and both Messi and Neymar could become his teammates over there?

Sure Ronaldo isn't the best anymore, and they could better off sign someone who is younger/better too. But who else could they sign realistically? Haaland? I don't think he would want to go to play in Ligue 1.

Mbappe score 17 goals in 30 games (league+CL) this season, Ronaldo score 15 goals in 27 games (league+CL) this season. At least in terms of goalscoring, there isn't huge difference there.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Also well he hasn't had a stellar season at all so far. And he's already ancient. Ronaldo can't replace Mpabbe. No one can really. Haaland for goals maybe, but he won't be going there. Still for shits and giggles it would be fun to see Ronaldo and Messi in the same team.
Messi, Ronaldo, 8 defenders and a keeper. Worth it just for the giggles.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
He would have scored bucket load of goals there. He may not be the solution, but he’s not the problem.
We needed a clinical finisher after our second placed finish last season.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I don’t mind him staying as long as he’s okay with being a squad player and being benched often. Which he probably will never accept, so..
The day Ronaldo accepts being a squad player and being benched often is the day he retires. He won't accept it.

dal

I don’t mind signing older players as long as the work ethic is there ala Cavani.

Quality matters but the work ethic is the most important thing. I actually can’t get my head around why Rashford does not work hard anymore.

abraz79

Supports
Sporting CP
Bad results can really rise the toxicity level of the fans agains't the players. That doesn't help the team in any way.

About the news in the original post: it's rumour, don't take it as fact. AFAIK, Cristiano is commited to the club and he has always been a fighter. These kind of rumours are just there for the clickbait. There's nothing like bad news, or revolting news, to rise the emotions and engage the consumers.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Messi, Ronaldo, 8 defenders and a keeper. Worth it just for the giggles.
Well with Mbappe going, their chance of winning CL next season would be close to zero. So its more about retaining their dominance over the ligue 1. I don't think it matter much.

MUFC OK

We didn't bring him back for one season, nor did he come back for one season. I think he stays one more year guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.