Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idxomer

This is weirder than the De Jong saga.

A guy with no offers is insisting to leave while his club is trying to persuade him to stay when he has nowhere to go.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
"Failed to change his mind"... Well... where does he want to go? His option is basically going to Sporting and sacrificing his salary. United isn't and should not be topping up his wage just for him to play elsewhere because he doesn't want to be here. feck him, agree a mutual termination if that's what he wants and just save the wages. Don't pay him shit, see how badly he wants to go.

Rake

We are fighting to keep a player that nobody wants... Just make him buy out his contract and release him. We need stability right now and we will probably be better off without him anyway.

Absolute joke that he did not at least state his intention at the end of last season. Can't stand the sight of him and I hope he is not part of our club come next season.

Revaulx

Mendes advises him and presumably will have convinced him he can get him to a top club in the CL.
Presumably it’s in Mendes’s interest to move him around as often as possible before he retires in order to generate the maximum possible agent’s fees. Looks like he’s tried it once too often.

MrEleson

He must have somewhere that has an offer lined up for him but they don’t want to pay a transfer fee which is why he’s begging us to let him go.

Truly, I feel sorry for the club in all of this. Because we did adore Ronaldo dearly. It was never meant to turn out like this but I do get why he wants to leave. Just wish it panned out differently.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
He wants and can only go without fee. That's why his agent was there. We can (maybe) get a club and sort wages if you don't ask for any fee.

RVN1991

An embarrassing situation for everyone involved. I'd work out some sort of contract buyout and start looking for a replacement immediately considering it doesn't look like anyone is willing to pay any sort of transfer fee for him. Atletico and Bayern are surely interested though, I doubt he doesn't have anything lined up.

Giggsyking

He must have somewhere that has an offer lined up for him but they don’t want to pay a transfer fee which is why he’s begging us to let him go.

Truly, I feel sorry for the club in all of this. Because we did adore Ronaldo hugely. Iy Was never meant to turn out like this but I do get why he wants to leave. Just wish it panned out differently.
Chelsea

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
So you're saying we should go with Martial and hope for the best, on the back of 3 goals in pre-season?

It would necessitate spending a huge amount on a striker.
Oh god no. I am not a Martial fan merely live in hope he will ram my critiscism of him down my throat.

I am thinking more long term than one season!

The Irish Connection

Absolutely dire for team spirit this.
Only reason I want us to keep him now is because I know the board/recruitment team won't replace him properly.

tomaldinho1

United were linked to Gaitan, every summer he was at Benfica. United and other clubs are linked to loads of other players every summer, and they never put out official statements declining it. Just goes to show how extraordinary this saga has been.
Gaitan was just a constant link though because we needed that type of player. This is so weird, one of the GOATs but old version literally having his agent do a whistle stop tour of CL clubs and all of them basically giving him the finger.

Giggsyking

An embarrassing situation for everyone involved. I'd work out some sort of contract buyout and start looking for a replacement immediately considering it doesn't look like anyone is willing to pay any sort of transfer fee for him. Atletico and Bayern are surely interested though, I doubt he doesn't have anything lined up.
Please read their statements, they are not interested. He has nowhere to go. The only option left is Chelsea, they are the only club with no official statement about Ronaldo.

MrEleson

But we had Oliver Kahn and Atletico president denying they will move for Ronaldo.
Kahn didn’t categorically deny it this time.

Read his comments more closely.

He said: “we appreciate him hugely but it wouldn’t fit our philosophy in the current situation.”

Bearing in mind this is the same guy that publicly ensured that Lewandowski would fulfil his contract and then later sold him.

Last edited:

glasgow 21

"Failed to change his mind"... Well... where does he want to go? His option is basically going to Sporting and sacrificing his salary. United isn't and should not be topping up his wage just for him to play elsewhere because he doesn't want to be here. feck him, agree a mutual termination if that's what he wants and just save the wages. Don't pay him shit, see how badly he wants to go.
Exactly how i feel, in fact he shouldn't have been allowed back into old trafford. The meeting could have taken place at manchester airport with a driver holding the contents of his locker.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
The only thing which makes sense i.t.o. why there's anything to negotiate, is that he/Mendes can possibly find a CL suitor (Chelsea, Bayern, Atletico) if there's a big drop in his salary demands and no transfer fee payable to United (i.e. that's probably how/where those loan rumors came from).

Red_toad

Truly, I feel sorry for the club in all of this. Because we did adore Ronaldo dearly. It was never meant to turn out like this but I do get why he wants to leave. Just wish it panned out differently.
So Ronaldo wants United to relinquish his contract? Hopefully the club gets him to buy out his own contract, give us 18 million towards replacing him. Seems odd how they think the club will just write off the 13 million they paid Juve 12 months later.

Trex

Ronaldo is stacked enough to buy out the final year of his deal. We paid money for him no way should he be leaving for nothing.

CR100

I can't believe the club isn't allowing him to leave. After everything he has done for the club he should be allowed to decide his own future. He has only 1-2 seasons left at this insanely high level he is performing at and he should be allowed to use his talent in the UCL. I hope Bayern realize they are making a mistake in not getting him, it's clear that they want him but are afraid of the reaction his arrival would have on the team due to his salary.
Chelsea seem like the only option right now. We should let him go if that's what he wants.

clarkydaz

Please read their statements, they are not interested. He has nowhere to go. The only option left is Chelsea, they are the only club with no official statement about Ronaldo.
SAF said he wouldnt sell Real Madrid a virus. The Bayern thing i believe is possible and are quietly waiting. Theres no reason to have a big standoff if nowhere to go

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
He wants United to take a hit on transfer fee and allow him to join Chelsea. Bayern and AM have already ruled out.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
I can't believe the club isn't allowing him to leave. After everything he has done for the club he should be allowed to decide his own future. He has only 1-2 seasons left at this insanely high level he is performing at and he should be allowed to use his talent in the UCL. I hope Bayern realize they are making a mistake in not getting him, it's clear that they want him but are afraid of the reaction his arrival would have on the team due to his salary.
Chelsea seem like the only option right now. We should let him go if that's what he wants.
Look, thread's already spawning troll accounts:D

MrEleson

I have a feeling this account was created deliberately to get a reaction..

TOKUGAWA-X

Ronaldo is the biggest embarrasment our club had to endure for along time.

I cant believe it, the club should just freeze him out at this point, lets show him who is the boss.

Godfather

It's almost like he wants US to persuade other clubs to take him. Mate nobody wants you. Time to wake up.

Status
Not open for further replies.