Cristiano Ronaldo - performances 2017/18

Cal?

CR7 fan
The opposition is irrelevant, if he doesn’t beat it an ends up staying second all time people won’t discount the guy at the top altogether. But I do see him beating it.
True, just pointing out that Ali Daei record is somewhat flawed, still an incredible achievement (otherwise there'd be lots of Asian on the list).

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Wow that 2 goals in the injury time for Portugal, ever since the turn of the year Ronaldo is really wow

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Can anyone tell me how many goals he has for the season now? is it 40? and how many goals in 2018 alone?

SportingCP96

Supports
29 goals to beat Ali Daei's all time international record
Do we think Ron will hang on until Qatar to do it?
Lets say he scores 2 or more in the World Cup and then 10 in Euro qualifying and friendlies and then in the Euros. I mean lets just say I would not put it past him to break that record. Even tho as many would agree the "real" record belongs to Puskas.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Saved again by him as usual, want to see us playing against the Dutch without him to see how the team reacts, this team without him and Pepe is clueless.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Can anyone tell me how many goals he has for the season now? is it 40? and how many goals in 2018 alone?
37 goals in 35 games for Real, 21 goals n 2018 alone

No idea how many goals he scored for Portugal though (he did scored some goals in friendly, confederation cup, and WC qualifiers)

SportingCP96

Supports
Wow incredible(adding the 2 goals today 39 goals then and 23 for the year). Thanks for the info cheers mate. Would be interesting to see his stats with the qualifiers and friendlies included. All of this at 33 years of age. Surely with the friendlies included he should be pushing nearly 50?

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Saved again by him as usual, want to see us playing against the Dutch without him to see how the team reacts, this team without him and Pepe is clueless.
It was a beyond terrible performance, I don't know what it is with this team... no matter how crap we play we always seem to pull through somehow.

It's obvious something needs to change though and I agree with some of the things you've said here before. Bruno Alves is beyond finished and João Mário isn't good enough to start. I'd play Guedes instead of Andre Silva too.

The problem is that this is a team with no attacking plan besides crossing the ball 1000 times per match so we rely on individual moments... but both players on the wings (João Mário and Bernardo) are not that kind of players.

SportingCP96

Supports
It was a beyond terrible performance, I don't know what it is with this team... no matter how crap we play we always seem to pull through somehow.

It's obvious something needs to change though and I agree with some of the things you've said here before. Bruno Alves is beyond finished and João Mário isn't good enough to start. I'd play Guedes instead of Andre Silva too.

The problem is that this is a team with no attacking plan besides crossing the ball 1000 times per match so we rely on individual moments... but both players on the wings (João Mário and Bernardo) are not that kind of players.
I don't like having JM play on the wing its a waste of his ability. We were missing William for sure today to control the midfield and cover the back 4. We still have some friendlies to figure it all out tho. Hopefully we still have the estrelinha heading into the World Cup.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Wow incredible(adding the 2 goals today 39 goals then and 23 for the year). Thanks for the info cheers mate. Would be interesting to see his stats with the qualifiers and friendlies included. All of this at 33 years of age. Surely with the friendlies included he should be pushing nearly 50?
Yes, this season we all talk about how great Messi is being GOAT, how amazing Kane and Salah is and how they should be priced at 200m+ etc

But Ronaldo, at 33, just doesn't give a shite and outscored them all.

SportingCP96

Supports
Yes, this season we all talk about how great Messi is being GOAT, how amazing Kane and Salah is and how they should be priced at 200m+ etc

But Ronaldo, at 33, just doesn't give a shite and outscored them all.
He will never get the respect and acknowledgement he deserves no matter what he does. If Ronaldo and Messi both pass the ball back to the goalkeeper Messi will be praised for a brilliant pass and oh such quality while with Ronaldo they say " He is only good at scoring".

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal

Man I know sometimes I can be boring with my statements, but this was just the confirmation I needed.

Agree with everything you said, João Mário and André Silva is like playing with 9 players on the pitch, Guedes has to play alongside Ronaldo, Pepe needs to recover and play alongside Rolando, he is our 2nd best option, William needs to upgrade what Neves did today as Moutinho really needs to step up his performances.

I want to see us without Ronnie vs the Dutch and Fonte with Luis Neto just to see the horror show.

And really, Santos complaining because we can't create inside play and we just cross? For that type of game even Quaresma is more usefull.

If we don't play with João I will be depressed if we have to support the depressed André Gomes, I will get depressed if I have to see him playing for us.

Last minutes of BF and Gelson were interesting, and of course Quaresma knows always where Cristiano is.

SER19

He's a phenomenon. The longer they keep doing it the more silly to even compare he and messi seems. Two players were lucky to see and without them football in the last few years would have been a fairly forgettable spell.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Man I know sometimes I can be boring with my statements, but this was just the confirmation I needed.

Agree with everything you said, João Mário and André Silva is like playing with 9 players on the pitch, Guedes has to play alongside Ronaldo, Pepe needs to recover and play alongside Rolando, he is our 2nd best option, William needs to upgrade what Neves did today as Moutinho really needs to step up his performances.

I want to see us without Ronnie vs the Dutch and Fonte with Luis Neto just to see the horror show.

And really, Santos complaining because we can't create inside play and we just cross? For that type of game even Quaresma is more usefull.

If we don't play with João I will be depressed if we have to support the depressed André Gomes, I will get depressed if I have to see him playing for us.

Last minutes of BF and Gelson were interesting, and of course Quaresma knows always where Cristiano is.
Quaresma is perfect as a super sub, but the big problem for this team are the 2 starting wide players. William + Moutinho is ok, actually thought Moutinho played well today. The formation is good, Cristiano + Guedes/Silva works, but then one of the 2 wide players needs to create more by themselves. Ideally that would be Bernardo but with every game that passes I just don’t think he fits in this team.

Then there’s the problem with João Mário playing very badly since I don’t think we have anyone else that fits there and can simultaneously create danger in attack and give some balance to the team by helping out Raphael defensively. Maybe Bruno Fernandes? He could have a similar role to Renato Sanches during the Euros

Patrício
Cedric/Semedo/R. Pereira
Pepe
Rolando/Fonte/Dias
Raphael
William
Moutinho
B. Fernandes
Bernardo
Cristiano
Guedes

If we played without Pepe and Ronaldo we’d be one of the worst teams in the World Cup.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Quaresma is perfect as a super sub, but the big problem for this team are the 2 starting wide players. William + Moutinho is ok, actually thought Moutinho played well today. The formation is good, Cristiano + Guedes/Silva works, but then one of the 2 wide players needs to create more by themselves. Ideally that would be Bernardo but with every game that passes I just don’t think he fits in this team.

Then there’s the problem with João Mário playing very badly since I don’t think we have anyone else that fits there and can simultaneously create danger in attack and give some balance to the team by helping out Raphael defensively. Maybe Bruno Fernandes? He could have a role similar to Renato Sanches during the Euro.

Patrício
Cedric/Semedo/R. Pereira
Pepe
Rolando/Fonte
Raphael
William
Moutinho
B. Fernandes
Bernardo
Cristiano
Guedes
We will have a lot to discuss in the portuguese football thread regarding the NT, this thread is for the Andy Roddick who just can score goals, they can't even let him be Nadal vs Federer, he really is a pub player :p

Cal?

CR7 fan

This is the most disgusting thing about Ronaldo
Was that even a dive? (Not saying he doesn't dive occasionally)

But this particular incident seems to be him kicking the ground and falling over? :confused:

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
I'm pretty sure that what really winds up people about Ronaldo is when, or his team, win stuff. So it's very understandable people can hate as much on him.

IFC 1905

Was that even a dive? (Not saying he doesn't dive occasionally)

But this particular incident seems to be him kicking the ground and falling over? :confused:

The fact that he was complaining to the ref like a crazy asking for a peno pisses me off to be honest. But I noticed the video doesn't show it.

haram

Have nothing against either Ronaldo or Messi by the way, both great players.