Cristiano Ronaldo - performances 2017/18

RoyH1

I think he’s pissed at Florentino Pérez courting Neymar. Nothing 10 or 15 million more a year won’t cure.

Luke1995

I think that's different, he was injured there and it was his country's first trophy on the European stage. I'm also talking half tongue in cheek. I think this is just his standard contract augmentation play that Perez has to deal with every summer.
Maybe. If there's truth to what he's saying though, I reckon it's MLS, China/Japan or a shocking retirement. I would be more shocked if he signed for another european club.

Jaxa

Just watched this, thought i'd share, it's a great watch and just to see how unplayable he was at times is breathtaking, i'm 26 so this guy was my footballing idol growing up (along with Henrik Larsson) and he was just genuinely on another level, imo the greatest player to ever play in the premier league all around

MrEleson

It's crazy that he was doing it at such a young age too. Took the responsibility and pressure of being the main for United at 21 years old. We rave about young stars like Sane, Sterling in the premier league today but he was genuinely operating in a different stratosphere.

Wonder how much 21-23 year old Ronaldo would go for in today's market knowing you would get 10+ seasons of otherworldly football out of him.

Cal?

CR7 fan
It's crazy that he was doing it at such a young age too. Took the responsibility and pressure of being the main for United at 21 years old. We rave about young stars like Sane, Sterling in the premier league today but he was genuinely operating in a different stratosphere.

Wonder how much 21-23 year old Ronaldo would go for in today's market knowing you would get 10+ seasons of otherworldly football out of him.
If Neymar is worth over 200m, Ronaldo at 23 should be worth 500m+

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
What Ronaldo did for Utd in his 6 years here is equal or better than most top players' whole careers. On top of that, he's got another 9 years at Real Madrid, fecking hell.

Cal?

CR7 fan
What Ronaldo did for Utd in his 6 years here is equal or better than most top players' whole careers. On top of that, he's got another 9 years at Real Madrid, fecking hell.
Those 9 years alone are better than almost all the footballers ever. :(

MrEleson

Basically his time at Madrid has been so good that if he started his career when he moved there at 24 and none of his United career even happened, his position amongst the greats would hardly be any different.

Or if he retired at 24 after his United career, he would still be in the conversation for being one of the best players of the generation.

His peak at United for example despite not being his ABSOLUTE peak, was still better than someone like maybe Henry at his best.

Last edited:

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Just watched this, thought i'd share, it's a great watch and just to see how unplayable he was at times is breathtaking, i'm 26 so this guy was my footballing idol growing up (along with Henrik Larsson) and he was just genuinely on another level, imo the greatest player to ever play in the premier league all around

If you're basing that on his 2.5 - 3 world class years at United, I disagree. That debate has been had on the Caf.

The greatest player to have played in the PL? Yeah probably. As much of an all time great he is, says more about the PL that he's the only one to have played here for a significant amount of time.

Last edited:

marktan

Playing really really well. Every play by him has been good. Don't really seem create as much as he does with Madrid as he does with Portugal, nice to see that he still has that creative side in him at his age.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
FFS, what a killer he is. Kind of wish he was spanish as we only lack a very good forward like him to put the ball in the net.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Has been brilliant, lot more involved in the NT

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
He scores three goals and nobody gets surprised.

Legendary player.