Cristiano Ronaldo - Performances (wums will be thread banned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treble

Most assists in the history of the CL:

1. Ronaldo 31
2. Giggs 30
3. Messi 24

Just a goalscorer.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Had a throwback game yesterday, one of his best this season. Too bad he missed those two chances, but otherwise i wish he could always play like that

LouisDanGaal

Had a throwback game yesterday, one of his best this season. Too bad he missed those two chances, but otherwise i wish he could always play like that
I knew as soon as Messi had a bad game he was going to react. I think Ronaldo would be phenomenal if he just played directly after Messi every week.

Redondo_Pirri

Supports
Real Madrid
Cristiano created as many chances as Modric and James combined last night (5) :D

Despite not scoring I would say it was his second best performance of the season, hope to see more of the same.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah, I just watched a repetition of the game and he had a very good game. He was very dynamic, moving constantly upfront and looking for his teammates whenever he had a chance to serve the ball. He only needed to score a goal for being a perfect performance for him and it was also nice to see the whole team pressing high in the Casemiro goal.

Skorenzy

Most assists in the history of the CL:

1. Ronaldo 31
2. Giggs 30
3. Messi 24

Just a goalscorer.

Selfish bastard

I'm guessing there's a cut-off point somewhere around the early or mid-2000s for these so-called 'all-time' stats because Giggs has at least 40 CL assists. Hell, even Cristiano has 34 assists (not 31) by my count. Also, Messi 25, Ibra 25 and Özil 23. Beckham also at least 23 at Utd alone.

VanGaalEra

I'm guessing there's a cut-off point somewhere around the early or mid-2000s for these so-called 'all-time' stats because Giggs has at least 40 CL assists. Hell, even Cristiano has 34 assists (not 31) by my count. Also, Messi 25, Ibra 25 and Özil 23. Beckham also at least 23 at Utd alone.
Where do you get your count from?

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
wth according to statbunker Becks only has 12 assists in UCL ? That cant be right ?

Last edited:

Skorenzy

Where do you get your count from?
My own research based on footage of the games. I use the strict (Opta) definition of an assist, so I don't count winning freekicks or penalties, rebounds, own-goals or clearly deflected passes.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Most of these assist lists only go back a few years, never mind 'all-time'.

VanGaalEra

My own research based on footage of the games. I use the strict (Opta) definition of an assist, so I don't count winning freekicks or penalties, rebounds, own-goals or clearly deflected passes.
Hmm interesting, if you don't count all of that and have these players on higher assists, that's quite interesting where these stats come from.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
He scored in the 700th game too. Viva @SirAF

Currently 2-1 down to Valencia.

wr8_utd

:'(
He was just awful and gets his standard dodgy pen to boost the stats. Great header for the goal though.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
How you can like and defend Rooney with comments like this one is beyond me.
:lol:

Just looking at Ronaldo's stats at Madrid, I think he's going to do a Bradman and retire with his gpg average there slipping below 1.0 to around 0.95-0.99.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I'm sorry but I defend players who still play for United and not those who left years ago.
So you admit your arguements are completely void of objectivity?

MadMike

I think he needs to stop trying to be a winger and play as a striker. He seems to have lost that ability to run past players, at least full backs who are quicker.

He is however lethal in the box. Both his aerial ability, his shooting and his reactions/instincts are very good and his speed is still better than most CBs.

I'm starting to think he might be able to take over from Benzema if he leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.