Cristiano Ronaldo | Real confirm deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Indy, Lets just say I know what I know and its from a credible source,it will all be out very soon,other than that I've no obligation to add further.
Caf ITK talking to IndyKaila, it just doesn't get anymore trustworthy than that.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
A stupid amount of money for a player that will be 34 by the end of next season.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Wonder what you folks would say after his hat-trick against Spain if the reports were WE can get him for less that 100m...

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
And who is saying I would be fine with that?
Well, if you're fine with Ronaldo going then that's what will end up happening. No way Ronaldo leaves and Perez doesn't go all out for Neymar. You'll either pay loads of money to a 33 year old Ronaldo or a lot more than that to a 26 year old Neymar but either way you'll pay a lot of money.

I have a problem with us paying greedy pricks huge amounts of money fullstop. Especially when their current contracts already make them some of the wealthiest men on the planet. It's just fecking absurd. And then we're expected to idolise these people too?! I can't be the only one to think this is just ridiculous surely?
Why are they greedy pricks? If you were worth a lot more to a company than what you were being payed wouldn't you also try to get a raise? What's wrong with that?

Both Ronaldo and Neymar didn't come from much and it wasn't easy to get where they are, it's not really hard to see why they're idolised the way they are.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
He isn’t coming here all the time Mourinho is manager. Zero chance.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I don't understand why you and @giorno would be livid with him getting a new contract for 30 million a year for 3 years while Juve fans would apparently have no problem with him getting 30 million a year for 4 years.

Won't 40 million a year for Neymar after a 300 million fee be just as big of a risk regardless of his age?
Madrid are not Juve.Each team has different needs, urgencies and requirements.
Perhaps what Cristiano represents is important for Juve to give the club more name, or because of economic or sporting reasons.
In case of signing Neymar, it will end badly, it will be controversial, and annoying,we know It,but also very entertaining, with the certainty of having a top 3 during the next 6 years.
Madrid don't have a sheik behind to sign romantic renewals to everybody.

spiriticon

Wonder what you folks would say after his hat-trick against Spain if the reports were WE can get him for less that 100m...
Still the same. The last time I thought Ronaldo to United made sense was back in 2012.

UNLESS:

1) He comes on a free transfer
2) He comes on vastly reduced wages.
3) He comes on a short term contract.

Like the new Zlatan, basically.

Otherwise, these hundreds of millions we have in our bank need to be spent on wingbacks and right wingers.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We spend £59 mil on fecking Di Maria and folks on here are saying Ronaldo is expensive. Fecking Ronaldo. The same Ronaldo who delivered the CL 3 years in a row and was instrumental in Portugal winning the Euros. A downhill Ronaldo would be the best player in the league by a country mile. Lets not forget the condition his body is in can easily play till 36-37. I'd be livid if Juve signed him for the quoted price. Its fecking Ronaldo lads
I'd love him back, but we probably lost about £5m on Di Maria.
Any fee on Ronaldo has zero return, and while yes we don't buy to get a return in that sense, the situations are completely different.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
So who would you be dropping from Lukaku, Ronaldo, Sanchez, Pogba, Fred and Matic?
Take the No 7 away from Sanchez and put his arse on the bench, or send him back to Arsenal.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Indy, Lets just say I know what I know and its from a credible source,it will all be out very soon,other than that I've no obligation to add further.
Would love you to be correct. Would love it. If Ronaldo came back, I'd instantly up my United games from the 8-10 mix to 15 or so.

However, it's most likely you're like that reddit guy, who hyped people about Greizmann, and it had nothing to it.

Ban for you, if this doesn't happen too?

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Perhaps what Cristiano represents is important for Juve to give the club more name, or because of economic or sporting reasons.
In case of signing Neymar, it will end badly, it will be controversial, and annoying,we know It,but also very entertaining, with the certainty of having a top 3 during the next 6 years.
:lol:
Well, I hope Perez doesn't just do business depending on what's entertaining or not :p

I don't see any solution to this that will be great for Madrid tbh, I think the perfect way to have dealt with this would have been signing Mbappe last season and selling Ronaldo now. As it stands it's all a bit of a mess, there were several problems that needed fixing from last season and it doesn't look like things will improve regardless of Ronaldo going or staying.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
He's just using Juve the same way he has used us the last few years.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
They're probably happier seeing the Glazers trouser the 100m instead.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Well, if you're fine with Ronaldo going then that's what will end up happening. No way Ronaldo leaves and Perez doesn't go all out for Neymar. You'll either pay loads of money to a 33 year old Ronaldo or a lot more than that to a 26 year old Neymar but either way you'll pay a lot of money.

Why are they greedy pricks? If you were worth a lot more to a company than what you were being payed wouldn't you also try to get a raise? What's wrong with that?

Both Ronaldo and Neymar didn't come from much and it wasn't easy to get where they are, it's not really hard to see why they're idolised the way they are.
Also Ronaldo is still much better than Neymar will ever be. Neymar has never scored 40 goals for any club in a season, Ronaldo scoring 40 goals in a season is seen as low by his standards and has been for years.

Selling Ronaldo and getting Neymar is an unequal trade, even now. Take Ronaldo out of last season's Madrid team and replace him with Neymar and there's no way Madrid wins the Champions League last season, season before or season before that. Madrid is still far off Barcelona in La Liga. What does replacing Ronaldo with Neymar achieve despite embellish the YouTube tricks compilations of Madrid players?

Ronaldo is actually right regarding Madrid: He is massively underappreciated there. Florentino thinking he can replace Ronaldo with Neymar shows his football understanding is shallower than a puddle. Then again that was shown when he thought Beckham could replace Makelele.

led_scholes

They have a state. Even better.

Sanche7

They're probably happier seeing the Glazers trouser the 100m instead.
OK let's forget about the fee and the sky high wages
What do you want us to do with our current #7 Sanchez and Cafe favourite Martial and the crown jewel of United - Rashford?
Take the #7 from Sanchez, sell Martial and loan Rashford? Because Ronaldo would want to play every game, so will Sanchez

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
OK let's forget about the fee and the sky high wages
What do you want us to do with our current #7 Sanchez and Cafe favourite Martial and the crown jewel of United - Rashford?
Take the #7 from Sanchez, sell Martial and loan Rashford? Because Ronaldo would want to play every game, so will Sanchez
Ronaldo plays, the rest compete to play. Simple as that.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Also Ronaldo is still much better than Neymar will ever be. Neymar has never scored 40 goals for any club in a season, Ronaldo scoring 40 goals in a season is seen as low by his standards and has been for years.

Selling Ronaldo and getting Neymar is an unequal trade, even now. Take Ronaldo out of last season's Madrid team and replace him with Neymar and there's no way Madrid wins the Champions League last season, season before or season before that. Madrid is still far off Barcelona in La Liga. What does replacing Ronaldo with Neymar achieve despite embellish the YouTube tricks compilations of Madrid players?

Ronaldo is actually right regarding Madrid: He is massively underappreciated there. Florentino thinking he can replace Ronaldo with Neymar shows his football understanding is shallower than a puddle. Then again that was shown when he thought Beckham could replace Makelele.
I can understand them wanting Neymar. If you had the option of having Ronaldo for the next 6 years or Neymar, you'd obviously be right in taking Neymar.

What I don't understand is the outrage for what Ronaldo wants given what they'd most likely have to pay for Neymar.

Canagel

So who would you be dropping from Lukaku, Ronaldo, Sanchez, Pogba, Fred and Matic?
I'd switch between 4-4-2 diamond and 4-4-3. Sometimes Real Madrid plays with Isco and other times it's Bale. One of the main reasons Real Madrid has dominated the CL these last few years is the strength in depth in attack and the rotation they can make. They have so many matchwinners in the squad and at the end if the club wins big trophies then who cares if one player isn't playing as much as he would like. We can do the same here.

4-4-2 diamond:
Matic
Pogba Fred
New AM
Lukaku Ronaldo

4-4-3
Matic
Pogba Fred
Sanchez Lukaku Ronaldo

Sanchez would be the one that is rotated in and out of the team but even he will play a lot of games. We still have Martial and Rashford. This is the quality we need to challenge at the deep end. If Ronaldo goes to Juventus this doesn't change anything for us. We can still improve.​

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I don't understand why you and @giorno would be livid with him getting a new contract for 30 million a year for 3 years while Juve fans would apparently have no problem with him getting 30 million a year for 4 years.

Won't 40 million a year for Neymar after a 300 million fee be just as big of a risk regardless of his age?
I'd go nuts if we gave that much to Neymar. Would rather pay 40 each to Salah and Hazard tbh. My issue with giving 60 mil a year to Cristiano is he's 33, but i've already explained it in depth in a previous post in this thread

JK-27

I don't think 100 million Euro's is insane for Ronaldo, even at 33. You'd make that back in global shirt sales alone. Bring him back to Utd.

Shaun Oldman

I don't think 100 million Euro's is insane for Ronaldo, even at 33. You'd make that back in global shirt sales alone. Bring him back to Utd.
That old chestnut.

Adidas make all the profit from shirt sales (other than the small % that are sold through the club shop)

Last edited by a moderator:

SammyUnited_83

If we aren't interested then either we have had no encouragement, or we have lost our fecking minds.

88mil bargain. We've bought so much shite over the years.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
I'd go nuts if we gave that much to Neymar. Would rather pay 40 each to Salah and Hazard tbh. My issue with giving 60 mil a year to Cristiano is he's 33, but i've already explained it in depth in a previous post in this thread
It's not like he's going to take a wage cut to go to Madrid so that's what it would take.

If you want the best players then you need to pay the best, they won't go just because you're Real Madrid. You missed out on Mbappe because you weren't willing to pay him the wages he wanted last summer. You wouldn't pay Ronaldo, you wouldn't pay Neymar... you're talking as if Madrid can't compete financially with United or PSG. Madrid have barely been spending any money for the past couple of years, you should have loads of money to spend and that's 100% what will happen since there's no way Perez can sell Ronaldo without getting Neymar in Madrid.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It's not like he's going to take a wage cut to go to Madrid so that's what it would take.

If you want the best players then you need to pay the best. You missed out on Mbappe because you weren't willing to pay him the wages he wanted last summer. You wouldn't pay Ronaldo, you wouldn't pay Neymar... you're talking as if Madrid can't compete financially with United or PSG. Madrid have barely been spending any money for the past couple of years, you should have loads of money to spend and that's 100% what will happen since there's no way Perez can sell Ronaldo without getting Neymar in Madrid.
Neymar makes 37 mil before tax at PSG. Football is a team sport. I'd rather have Kane and Hazard rather than Neymar. The only player i'd have no issue paying over the odds is Mbappé. The problem here is not paying Cristiano 60 mil next season. The problem is paying him 60 mil in 2021...

nycender

I'd love him back, but we probably lost about £5m on Di Maria.
Any fee on Ronaldo has zero return, and while yes we don't buy to get a return in that sense, the situations are completely different.
Football is played first and foremost to win not to count money. Yes it’s an incredible sum of money for a player his age but he is literally going to win the balon d’or in a few months-he is still the best player in the world. What’s the point of being the richest club in the land if we don’t occasionally flex it?

JSArsenal

If this transfer goes through at that price, then Madrid have made an amazing deal.

Buy one of the best players in the world.

He scores 450 goals and becomes their all time top scorer ahead of the likes of Raul and Di Stefano.

The club wins the following trophies: Two La Ligas, two copa del reys and four Champions league.

I don't have any numbers to hand but I assume that they sold a lot of Ronaldo shirts and other merchandise during that time.

Now they are about to make a profit on him as well? (Not taking into account inflation)

Has any club ever received such a good return from a player they bought?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid

If you want the best players then you need to pay the best, they won't go just because you're Real Madrid. You missed out on Mbappe because you weren't willing to pay him the wages he wanted last summer. You wouldn't pay Ronaldo, you wouldn't pay Neymar... you're talking as if Madrid can't compete financially with United or PSG. Madrid have barely been spending any money for the past couple of years, you should have loads of money to spend and that's 100% what will happen since there's no way Perez can sell Ronaldo without getting Neymar in Madrid.
in addition to how badly we treat him, the Treasury, the contract ... Don't you think that maybe he does not want Neymar / Mbappé /whoever to compete with him? be the Benzema of someone or go to the bench if necessary?
He must be the only player in the team that didn't say a word about Neymar.
I think Madrid could accept Cristiano+someone else, but not viceversa

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Maybe I skipped something but I haven't noticed people considering the enormous lift for the team, esp young players Ronaldo would give.

Even Lukaku is type that won't sulk not being the main man if the player is of THAT quality.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
If we aren't interested then either we have had no encouragement, or we have lost our fecking minds.

From what I've been told weeks ago (Ronaldo in contract talks with Juve), he has no interest in joining United due to not wanting to work with Mourinho.

Nick.

I feel if we get Ronaldo we wont get the left-back and centre-back we probably need. €100m is a lot of money.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

We are trying to build a team. Paying that for a 33 year old in our situation is madness.

ice-bionic red

Perfect move to Italy. Would guarantee goals and more titles and even ballon d’Or awards cementing his legacy as an all time great (even though he already is). Hope he goes there tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.