Cristiano Ronaldo | Real confirm deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

nycender

Feck resale values helping us win even one league title and making the league brick it when they face us again is worth it

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Ronaldo isn't at that level anymore to buy him regardless. You need to have a team that creates lots of chances for him. If we bought him then we would have to sacrifice on other positions and he would be a lot worse.

Ronaldo would basically be a RVP signing for us, if we were a team with the right attributes in most positions but lacking a recognised goalscorer we would get him.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
You're one of the few clubs that can afford him but Ronaldo and Lukaku on the same pitch wouldn't really make much sense. It's not obvious at all how he'd fit in the team and there should be other priorities for the club imo.

For Juve or PSG things would be a lot more simple.
Ordinarily I would agree, but this is Ronaldo we are talking about so whoever buys him would of course rearrange the furniture to bring the best out of him. He can play as a 10 or a winger as well and still utilize Lukaku's strengths. Would also take Pogba's game to an entirely new level imo.

Jericholyte2

I still think it's crazy that people could be turning their noses up at the best player in the world for less than £100m!

Yeah it might not be for the longest time but considering fees others are going for, he's a steal.

Shaun Oldman

No, it's really not. By December we were out of the title race in the league. Scoring 44 goals is all well and good, but when only 20 of those actually matter...

Going from 60 to 44 IS a decline, no matter how badly you want to pretend it's not

Not the point. He's 33, he's a visibly inferior player than what he was 5 years ago, his body doesn't hold up for more than half the season. And we're supposed to commit 60 millions for him for his age 33-34-35-36-37 seasons? He's already slowing down -big time compared to his best days- what happens if he has a cliff? What would we do with say 120 millions committed to a guy who's no longer good enough to sit on the bench? At the end of the day the club has to protect itself and its interests

What if next season he falls off a cliff? Or the season after? Whose gonna take him off our hands?

Giving those kinds of wages to a player his age is huge risk. We're already taking a big risk with the current deal, and we're willing to give him a raise and an extra year. But he wants more guaranteed money than that. Well, if he finds someone willing to give him what he wants, we'll let him go. We're real madrid, we'll survive without him
Don't think we'd offer him 80 mil a year either

Sure enough. 5 years ago he'd have scored the same number in CL and 1 goal per game in the league. Now he has to pace himself. He hasn't played two good consecutive games first half of the season. Scoring 4 goals against some team from Cipro is all well and good, but we don't need that from him. We need his goals against Betis, Girona, Barcelona, Atheltic, Atletico, etc.

He is pacing himself throughout the season and for two seasons in a row he had an average first half of the season to be great in the second. That's clearly down to age

:lol: He's 33, he's not the player he was 5 years ago, age is clearly diminishing him. That's not shitting on him, that's evident to anyone who has watched him regularly for the last 9 years. He's still the best, sure. But for how long is the question. Would rather he goes early than late anyways. Don't want another Raul or Iker. Ultimately the club comes first

No. We'd rather he stays, club made him a good offer, he thinks it's not enough and wants to leave. That's life. This is a good time to start a rebuild. We aren't winning shit next year whether he stays or not anyways, not with the current team, might as well start thinking about building a team that can open another cycle of dominance

This! And Giorno is a Madrista .

The reality is that he has declined hugely, but due to a few high scoring performances his numbers have held up.

Would be very curious to see his %of games scored in stat for last season as opposed to 2012 type time.

Even the biggest fan has to accept his form, general play isn't close to what it once was. At this moment in time Real would give their left arm to swap with Neymar(forget age for one second).

Last edited by a moderator:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
It’s incredible that Madrid is going to sell someone who routinely scores more goals than games he plays.

Ronaldo is still an incredible all around player, he reminded everyone of that in the Spain World Cup game. All the people who said he’s just a poacher joe saw him running at people at pace, playing creator, carrying his side.

Juve buy that guy for less than £100m, and get a few good years outta it, it’ll be well worth it.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
For the sort of money involved, Real should be looking to move him on in my opinion.
100%, we'd be stupid not to.

It would be a huge risk to improve his contract considering his age. Good luck to him wherever he goes. Bring in Hazard, a striker or two and a CB and we're set.

FromTheBench

Very not a juventus type of transfer this.

Can they afford the fee + his wages?

Wonder if we pass up on him if there's a chance. We would have certainly gone for him if we didn't get Sanchez BTW.

spiriticon

Love him but ship sailed in 2012 for me. I'd take him only if he accepts a one year contract on around 250k a week.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
A club like United shouldn't even blink at that fee for Ronaldo.

What's the point in generating hundreds of millions ever season if we can't indudge as a club once in a while.

Suv666

We spend £59 mil on fecking Di Maria and folks on here are saying Ronaldo is expensive. Fecking Ronaldo. The same Ronaldo who delivered the CL 3 years in a row and was instrumental in Portugal winning the Euros. A downhill Ronaldo would be the best player in the league by a country mile. Lets not forget the condition his body is in can easily play till 36-37. I'd be livid if Juve signed him for the quoted price. Its fecking Ronaldo lads

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
A club like United shouldn't even blink at that fee for Ronaldo.

What's the point in generating hundreds of millions ever season if we can't indudge as a club once in a while.
We've been indulging for years since Woodward took the reigns. Di Maria, Pogba and Lukaku were all very expensive transfers.

reddaz71

I'm really curious, what makes you so confident of this? Not being sarcastic, genuinely interested if you know something we don't
Indy, Lets just say I know what I know and its from a credible source,it will all be out very soon,other than that I've no obligation to add further.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
100%, we'd be stupid not to.

It would be a huge risk to improve his contract considering his age. Good luck to him wherever he goes. Bring in Hazard, a striker or two and a CB and we're set.
I don't understand why you and @giorno would be livid with him getting a new contract for 30 million a year for 3 years while Juve fans would apparently have no problem with him getting 30 million a year for 4 years.

Won't 40 million a year for Neymar after a 300 million fee be just as big of a risk regardless of his age?

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
100 million Euros for the goat.
It’s still 100 million and he isn’t going to be the goat ( whatever that is) forever.
He’s at the age most players start thinking of going to China or MLS or becoming a bit player at bigger club.
Yes it’s ronaldo and he is in incredible shape but it’s still terrible age to sign some one for a 100 million

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
We spend £59 mil on fecking Di Maria and folks on here are saying Ronaldo is expensive. Fecking Ronaldo. The same Ronaldo who delivered the CL 3 years in a row and was instrumental in Portugal winning the Euros. A downhill Ronaldo would be the best player in the league by a country mile. Lets not forget the condition his body is in can easily play till 36-37. I'd be livid if Juve signed him for the quoted price. Its fecking Ronaldo lads
We also recieved approximately £44m back for Di Maria when we sold him a year later, despite him having flopped badly in his time here. That potential resale value (which isn't present in a Ronaldo deal) rather skews direct comparisons between their price tags.

el3mel

Very not a juventus type of transfer this.

Can they afford the fee + his wages?

Wonder if we pass up on him if there's a chance. We would have certainly gone for him if we didn't get Sanchez BTW.
They want to win CL. Having Ronaldo on their team and saving his efforts 100% for CL while streaming through the league without much efforts is their best chance. If they got 2 years from him with at least 1 CL win, it's worth every penny.

Suv666

Hence why the ship has sailed for me. Two years at most. It's too risky to offer any longer. You never know when performance falls off a cliff.
You're probably the type who'd scorn if a player is over 24. Its fecking Ronaldo. Yes its a high risk but also high reward. If he hits the ground running a fecking PL title is guranteed. Lets not act like we're fecking Everton. 100 million for Woody and co is not that big a deal and we recently offloaded Zlatan and Rooney who were on massive wages. Reckon we can afford Ronaldo. Unbelivable folks on here dont want CR7

spiriticon

You're probably the type who'd scorn if a player is over 24. Its fecking Ronaldo. Yes its a high risk but also high reward. If he hits the ground running a fecking PL title is guranteed. Lets not act like we're fecking Everton. 100 million for Woody and co is not that big a deal and we recently offloaded Zlatan and Rooney who were on massive wages. Reckon we can afford Ronaldo. Unbelivable folks on here dont want CR7
But it's not though is it? Nothing is ever guaranteed.

I'm sure we have hundreds of millions to spend. I just rather we spend it elsewhere.

Suv666

We also recieved approximately £44m back for Di Maria when we sold him a year later, despite him having flopped badly in his time here. That potential resale value (which isn't present in a Ronaldo deal) rather skews direct comparisons between their price tags.
The amount of cash we'd earn in marketing would eclipse the Di Maria fee. Besides its fecking Ronaldo we have spent so much cash on mediocre players like Blind, Rojo, Darmian, Scweini etc and missing an oppurtunity like this because of money would be the single most daft thing I would have seen us do in the transfer market. Yeah, it might not work out but imagine if it does. High risk, high reward.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
I don't understand why you and @giorno would be livid with him getting a new contract for 30 million a year for 3 years while Juve fans would apparently have no problem with him getting 30 million a year for 4 years.
Yes

Won't 40 million a year for Neymar after a 300 million fee be just as big of a risk regardless of his age?
And who is saying I would be fine with that?

I have a problem with us paying greedy pricks huge amounts of money fullstop. Especially when their current contracts already make them some of the wealthiest men on the planet. It's just fecking absurd. And then we're expected to idolise these people too?! I can't be the only one to think this is just ridiculous surely?

Suv666

But it's not though is it? Nothing is ever guaranteed.

I'm sure we have hundreds of millions to spend. I just rather we spend it elsewhere.
Except it pretty much is. A 5 time Ballon D'or winner on form would rip the league apart. We might be miles behind City but lets not forget we were 2nd in the league. Imagine Ronaldo on the end of the countless chances we missed against the likes of West Brom and other relagation fodder. You can bet your sweet ass he'd dispatch them top bins.
I'll have a full blown meltdown if he goes to Juve we should start a Gofundme page for him.

Judas

Open to offers
Except it pretty much is. A 5 time Ballon D'or winner on form would rip the league apart. We might be miles behind City but lets not forget we were 2nd in the league. Imagine Ronaldo on the end of the countless chances we missed against the likes of West Brom and other relagation fodder. You can bet your sweet ass he'd dispatch them top bins.
I'll have a full blown meltdown if he goes to Juve we should start a Gofundme page for him.
did we miss countless chances against those teams, or create barely anything? I think it was the latter. Not saying Ronaldo wouldn't help us a shit ton, he would, but putting the ball in the back of the net isn't our only issue, it's actually creating the chances.

spiriticon

yeah I'd have him if you'll pay his wages for 4 years.

Canagel

We would be mad not to be in for him at that price. We're talking about the best player in the world. So what if he's 33? He plays like he's 25 still. Just look at the impact Zlatan had and he was 35 when he came. He'll easily get another 30 plus goals again. I'd buy another midfielder as well and then play the same 4-4-2 diamond formation that Real Madrid use. I won't be happy if we let him go to Juventus without a fight.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
We would be mad not to be in for him at that price. We're talking about the best player in the world. So what if he's 33? He plays like he's 25 still. Just look at the impact Zlatan had and he was 35 when he came. He'll easily get another 30 plus goals again. I'd buy another midfielder as well and then play the same 4-4-2 diamond formation that Real Madrid use. I won't be happy if we let him go to Juventus without a fight.
So who would you be dropping from Lukaku, Ronaldo, Sanchez, Pogba, Fred and Matic?

De Portago

Supports
Red Star
Ronaldo hardly ripped La Liga apart during the last two seasons, and that's in Real Madrid chock full of great players and perfectly geared to get the best out of him. It's hardly guaranteed, you could have had him during the last season and i still think you wouldn't have managed to get enough points with City finishing at one hundred.

el3mel

For various reasons Juve is better for Ronaldo than us, easier and slower the league that he won't need to play a lot in it coming end of the season so can save all his efforts for CL, and better chance to win CL (with 3rd different team) than with us. If I were him, I would choose Juve any day at this stage of his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.