Cristiano Ronaldo | Real confirm deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
Real would be throwing La Liga and CL away if they really sell CR7, who in the world can possibly replace him? Are they really ballsy enough to take on PSG?

Acquire Me

Perfect move to Italy. Would guarantee goals and more titles and even ballon d’Or awards cementing his legacy as an all time great (even though he already is). Hope he goes there tbh.
Its fair to say that going to us will bring him the same.

Renegade

I’d hate to think we sold Ronaldo 10years ago missing out on all those peak years to then buy him back from the same club for more money at the age of 33.
If i remember he dislikes Mourinho. Our current #7 has not long been here and is on 400k a week if we’re to believe what’s reported. We don’t create enough chances that a player like Ronaldo needs. I’d expect a few CL final 18 performances from him mixed with brilliance if he was to come back. 100% no guarantee of a the title like some our mentioning though.

JSArsenal

Real would be throwing La Liga and CL away if they really sell CR7, who in the world can possibly replace him? Are they really ballsy enough to take on PSG?
They might not win either of those, especially the CL even if they keep him.

Four Champions League titles in a row? That might be too much even for Madrid.

It wouldn't be about replacing Ronaldo, Madrid would just need to rework their team on a whole.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
100% no guarantee of a the title like some our mentioning though.
Nobody would guarantee that but he would be the closest you can get to do so. I'd say he'd make us compete as he would trash the minnows.

Still, since he's been gone I don't think I've participated in any discussing about him coming back as I've always thought there's zero chance. Don't think he cares about Utd that much. Probably more about Fergie if anything.

Mainoldo

I don't see why Ronaldo would want to put his 34 year old body through a EPL season, he's done it already. Would love to see him in Italy, perfect end to his career. Hope Juve get this done.

Eddy_JukeZ

I wouldn't mind him coming back, but I think his attachment with United is all Fergie based and Fergie is no longer the manager.

And why would he come back? He's won everything here. Doubt he'd want to work with Jose again either.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Bring him back, the marketing alone would pay his transfer fee. Shift Sanchez to the RW and change his number, give Ronnie No.7.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I wonder if Dybala would be available

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Would rather buy Dybala & Sandro to make it possible for Juve to buy Ronaldo. :lol:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Take the No 7 away from Sanchez and put his arse on the bench, or send him back to Arsenal.
Ronaldo plays, the rest compete to play. Simple as that.
Sanchez would be the one that is rotated in and out of the team but even he will play a lot of games. We still have Martial and Rashford. This is the quality we need to challenge at the deep end. If Ronaldo goes to Juventus this doesn't change anything for us. We can still improve.
There is no way Sanchez would be a bench option. He's going to be starting pretty much every game for the foreseeable.

Luke1987

I wonder if Dybala would be available
Think he will be for the right price. Looks like Higuain is leaving, think they’ll need to raise more money to cover Ronaldo’s wages on top of the €100m fee.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Neymar makes 37 mil before tax at PSG. Football is a team sport. I'd rather have Kane and Hazard rather than Neymar. The only player i'd have no issue paying over the odds is Mbappé. The problem here is not paying Cristiano 60 mil next season. The problem is paying him 60 mil in 2021...
It's 3 years. If you're fine with paying him 60 next year then even if he declines or gets injured after that you'd be overpaying him for just 2 years. Given you're already paying him 42 million a year for those 2 years anyway it would hardly be a huge loss. Especially for a club that spent 100 million on 2 brazilian teenagers.

It would be a big risk to pay that to a 36 year old, I never said the opposite. But the problem is that it will be a risk no matter what you do. If you sell him, then you'll take the same risk on Neymar, Kane or Hazard. Kane just renewed his contract and at this point I'm positive Levy would ask for something like 250 million, Hazard would be about 150, Neymar would be 300 plus huge wages... you'd have no leverage in the transfer market given everyone would know you'd need new players after selling Ronaldo.

Only way this would have worked out well for Madrid would have been signing Mbappe last summer. Now it's turned into a mess since Neymar, Mbappe, Salah and Kane don't seem to be moving this summer at all. I don't think signing Hazard plus a striker would be enough to make the Bernabeu forgive Perez for letting Ronaldo go, especially after the Lopetegui-Spain debacle.

That's why I believe the reports that say Perez has matched what Juve are giving Ronaldo. Now if he accepts or not is another question. Leaving would definitely be the best for his legacy, it would avoid an inevitable Casillas/Raul situation at Madrid, he'd be better suited to extend his career in Italy and he'd be able to do it in a third country but he'd be leaving to a worse team and he's already comfortable in Madrid. He really should challenge himself rather than being content in Madrid, I think that would be great for everyone. Even for Madrid.

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
Very not a juventus type of transfer this.

Can they afford the fee + his wages?

Wonder if we pass up on him if there's a chance. We would have certainly gone for him if we didn't get Sanchez BTW.
Juventus as a club normally would not because it has been in the habit of self financing all its purchases, this seems to be a move supported by the owner (who is not lacking funds BTW and certainly not poorer than Glazers) and it would be aimed at boosting the brand even more than improving the team technically. Technically with that amount of money you can probably do better than buying Ronaldo. If you look at it from a brand building perspective probably not

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
What are Juve fans thinking about this?

Isn't a 100 million fee plus 30m net for 4 years way too much money for Juve?
most do not believe it yet but are very excited because this, if true, would mark a radical change of Exor strategy (Juve holding company and owners of FCA and Ferrari) that would start pulling its weight behind Juve to bring it back where it belongs among the absolute top clubs. So far Juve has been competitive thanks to semi miracles by its management but had to always accept even painful trades like the sale of Pogba because the turnover while increased threefold over the last 7 years is still well below the top 3 and limited by Serie A crappy management.
The long term plan is to build up Juve as one of the world's top sport and lifestyle brands to increase commercial revenues and go beyond serie A limitations to compete against the top 3, that is why we completely rebranded last year and I am assuming that is why the they would try to leverage this opportunity.

Technically even though he is 33, most fans believe he has still 3 good years in him given his discipline and professionalism

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Ronaldo probably replaces Higuain from their lineup who looks headed to Chelsea. Dont think they'd really need to sell anyone else really.
Makes sense, once can dream ey

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I wouldn't mind him coming back, but I think his attachment with United is all Fergie based and Fergie is no longer the manager.

And why would he come back? He's won everything here. Doubt he'd want to work with Jose again either.
I do think he really loves United, mostly due to fergie but the fans as well imo. But I dont think he'd want to come back. He never seemed like the type to do that. He's won everything there is to win in England, and at his age coming back to the premier league wouldnt really prolong his career. Juventus and the serie A is probably the smartest decision for him because he still goes to a historic club in a respected league and historically one of the top 3 leagues along with England and Spain, one of the top 5 clubs in the world who compete for every trophy, will still get paid loads, but now is going to a slower league where he can prolong his career at the top and be the superb poacher he has been for longer. A chance to win everything there is to win in the Serie A now with Juventus. And theres a perfect spot for him there and a lineup that would really suit him too imo, with the likes of Douglas costa, Dybala, pjanic, sandro (if he stays) all providing passes into him.

AaronRedDevil

I think there's one thing we can all agree on even if it's extremely unlikely. £100m for Ronaldo to help Man Utd win the PL after a long time.....is priceless.

So this is who the poster in the Serie A thread was referring to. Hope it's true and we can stop with the “Ronaldo to United“ headlines every summer.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
If this transfer goes through at that price, then Madrid have made an amazing deal.
Buy one of the best players in the world.
He scores 450 goals and becomes their all time top scorer ahead of the likes of Raul and Di Stefano.
The club wins the following trophies: Two La Ligas, two copa del reys and four Champions league.
I don't have any numbers to hand but I assume that they sold a lot of Ronaldo shirts and other merchandise during that time.
Now they are about to make a profit on him as well? (Not taking into account inflation)
Has any club ever received such a good return from a player they bought?
He's probably signed at least 3 contracts over the years with them, with the accompanying signing bonus, and been their best paid player. It's not like they've not spent loads of money. But of course, worth every penny. Selling him now seems like great business, but I think it's dependent on Real actually having already made sure he'll be replaced with world class talent. If they've not lined up either of those boys they've officially said they've not made offers for, I can see them finishing 3rd in La Liga and being nothing special in the CL.

What do the resident Real fans think? Would you be happy with selling Ronaldo if you weren't getting either Neymar or Mbappe?

Cliche Guevara

I’m going to go out on a limb and say if Real are prepared to sell Ronaldo then they’re probably prepared to sell Bale too.

I think this represents a change of direction and a new start for the future. If they bring in £200m on those then they can look to bring in the next generation. I can’t see them thinking Bale could take Ronaldo’s place, even in the short term, as some people might suggest.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I think there's one thing we can all agree on even if it's extremely unlikely. £100m for Ronaldo to help Man Utd win the PL after a long time.....is priceless.
It’s too big a risk at the fees involved even for Ronaldo.

When you invest money in a 33/34 year old you’re literally wiping the investment off. It’s not like with someone like Pogba where even if it goes badly, in 3 years time he will be 28 and still have some resale value.

If Ronaldo signed and suffer a broken ankle or similar, that’s basically the best part of £200m down the drain.

Basically whatever happens, in two or three seasons the asset you bought is essentially worth next to nothing.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
"If I am worth 100 millions is that they don´t want me". Cristiano thinks that the price that they put him in january it was an invitation to leave
I don´t understand what they mean with the price of january

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
they have an aging team, they need to start renewing it, 88 million for a 33 year old is incredible business, I think they would be mad not to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.