Cristiano Ronaldo | Real confirm deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
United should be in for him for a few reasons. If they sell Ronaldo, the chances of them selling Bale too are slim to none. Also with Ronaldo we'd probably challenge again for the league at least. We should not give Juventus a free run at him but maybe it's a case of the boy who cried wolf. I just think that we're being taken for mugs and somethings already agreed but with who? Who knows? Maybe Ronaldo JR will be as good as his father was lol. C'mon Ed.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/the-set-pieces-blog/2016/aug/24/transfer-window-market-myths

But it goes beyond that, it's common sense, why do you think Adidas pay United 750M for the rights of their kits the next 10 years? Why do you think Real ask 100M and not 400?. If you could recoup a transfer fee only by selling shirts then manufacturers wouldn't throw money at you, and other clubs would ask four times the fee they're asking now, no one is gifting anything in football.

Hold on.. but why would adidas pay us that much even if we finish fourth and not Liverpool Even if they win. Maybe it has to do with the fact that we have more stars on our team and that we are bigger club. So even though we do not directly benefit from this shirt sales having someone like Cristiano Ronaldo would definitely help with landing a bigger deal with Adidas, would it not ?

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
How am I out of my mind?

Ronaldo is the greatest goal scorer in the history of the game. Lukaku for the most part doesn't show up in big games.
One is declining while the other is getting into his prime.

Maybe another season or maybe two at most will Ronaldo outscore Lukaku I think.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
One is declining while the other is getting into his prime.

Maybe another season or maybe two at most will Ronaldo outscore Lukaku I think.
Lol declining eh?

40 odd goals and being instrumental again in the CL is declining.

These are the standards the GOAT has set for himself.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Real fans have no shame.

Most spoiled bunch.

I wonder where they'd be now if Ronaldo didn't join them in 2009. Would wager they would have continued to be demolished by Barca.
and what do we do, we stay with him until he is 40 years old and we pay him what he wants?

Luke1995

How am I out of my mind?

Ronaldo is the greatest goal scorer in the history of the game. Lukaku for the most part doesn't show up in big games.
You're talking about numbers or positional awareness and shooting accuracy ? I don't really disagree with you, just wanted to make a case for Romario. Peak Romario was at least equal to CR7.

Eddy_JukeZ

You're talking about numbers or positional awareness and shooting accuracy ? I don't really disagree with you, just wanted to make a case for Romario. Peak Romario was at least equal to CR7.
He's nowhere near the aerial threat Ronaldo is.

manutddjw

I’ve said some unflattering things about him and his fans, but it would be absolute madness not to get him. He’s a phenomenal player and his dedication to his fitness and hunger for winning should erase concerns about his age.

Granted there’s the Juventus price and the more expensive one we’d have to pay, but it’s totally worth it for a player of his caliber.

Vato

Supports
Real Madrid
Didn't say you should, but those posts then from @Vato

Does he not feel shame now :lol:
Wait what? At least quote me a post which I should be ashamed of.

I don't think I've said too many controversial things regarding Ronaldo...

Lol declining eh?

40 odd goals and being instrumental again in the CL is declining.

These are the standards the GOAT has set for himself.
You don't think he's declining? Keep in mind that I'm not saying he's shit, I'm saying he's not at his best anymore or will ever be again. I don't see how that's wrong.

marktan

Selling Ronaldo and buying Neymar would be good future-proofing business by Madrid, but I hope if it happens Ronaldo continues to success and Neymar fails. For a top team Ronaldo can still be a top player for at least another 2 seasons imo.

Madrid though as a whole have very little class. Years of their fans booing Ronaldo and now would be happy to sell him at the first chance for a new shiny toy, when he was one of their key players in bringing them 3 CL's in 3 years. He's still probably loved more in Manchester than in Madrid, and that says it all after giving 10 years of his prime there vs 3 with us. They forget they didn't manage to get out of the R16 in the CL for like 5 years straight before Ronaldo went there. Hopefully Ramos, Modric, Marcelo, Benzema etc all hitting the wrong side of 30 takes them down a peg eventually.

Last edited:

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Didn't say you should, but those posts then from @Vato

Does he not feel shame now :lol:
I certainly was also critical of him, but @Peyroteo is painting this as we are ungrateful. Even the most madridistas journalists do not understand what else he wants.
At the moment he says he feels mistreated, this has to end with more money or the president saying in public that is very sorry, which is not going to happen. Until the Champions League final no one pointed to him as an exit. Most Real Madrid fans would be delighted if this thread was about Bale or Benzema.
I think Mendes has complicated things a lot

Red Stone

Paying €80 million for a 24 year old Cristiano and selling him on at the age of 33 for a €20 million profit nine years later after he's scored over 400 goals and won four Champions League titles for the club has to be the best piece of transfer business ever?

Eddy_JukeZ

Wait what? At least quote me a post which I should be ashamed of.

I don't think I've said too many controversial things regarding Ronaldo...

You don't think he's declining? Keep in mind that I'm not saying he's shit, I'm saying he's not at his best anymore or will ever be again. I don't see how that's wrong.
3 years ago in the thread @Peyroteo linked.

"If Ronaldo doesn't regain some form I hope we get rid of both. Bring in Lewandowski/Aguero and Hazard."

Eddy_JukeZ

Paying €80 million for a 24 year old Cristiano and selling him on at the age of 33 for a €20 million profit nine years later after he's scored over 400 goals and won four Champions League titles for the club has to be the best piece of transfer business ever?
Certainly.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
It was £80m, but yes it was.

Eddy_JukeZ

I certainly was also critical of him, but @Peyroteo is painting this as we are ungrateful. Even the most madridistas journalists do not understand what else he wants.
At the moment he says he feels mistreated, this has to end with more money or the president saying in public that is very sorry, which is not going to happen. Until the Champions League final no one pointed to him as an exit. Most Real Madrid fans would be delighted if this thread was about Bale or Benzema.
I think Mendes has complicated things a lot
Do you want him to stay?

I think he'll stay in the end personally.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He is coming to United simply because I have been to Turin and thought it was a complete shite hole.
It's the Manchester of Italy :D

that is not true at all:cool:
It is and you know it. There are only two good things about Turin: its underground subculture (raves, parties, clubs, etc). And the fact it's about an hour/hour and a half away from Milan :lol:
He's probably signed at least 3 contracts over the years with them, with the accompanying signing bonus, and been their best paid player. It's not like they've not spent loads of money. But of course, worth every penny. Selling him now seems like great business, but I think it's dependent on Real actually having already made sure he'll be replaced with world class talent. If they've not lined up either of those boys they've officially said they've not made offers for, I can see them finishing 3rd in La Liga and being nothing special in the CL.

What do the resident Real fans think? Would you be happy with selling Ronaldo if you weren't getting either Neymar or Mbappe?
He's signed exactly 3 contracts with us. Personally my feelings are meh, wouldn't be happy if he leaves but would not particularly mind either. There's a number of factors for that, too lazy to go into detail, you can sift through this thread if you want :D

Also i want a saga, a big circus for a new signing :drool:

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Do you want him to stay?

I think he'll stay in the end personally.
Knowing the club I imagined that his final in the team could be close, but my idea was at least one more year with a super attack combining Cristiano with some super star. Cristiano+ Kane/Neymar/Mbappé.
We have won a lot, and there has been a lot of demand during these years. A new impulse seemed reasonable, with signings. Although I wanted at least one more year, I have to admit that I am not a friend of keeping players simply out of affection or admiration and if with 33 years, after half a season gone and spending the summer protesting I think 100 million (I think it will be more) It is not a bad solution.
I don´t think he will stay. He decides, no one is going to kick him out, but asking for clause reductions, belittling the president, fiscal problems, more and more money when he has a contract until he is 36... it seems he ventured himself into the lion´s den, Exactly what the president wants, which is to sell him to bring Neymar, simply because he is "amortized".

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
I wasn't talking about any Madrid fans and I don't think you're ungrateful at all. It's just that these things at Madrid don't work like they do everywhere else. Just found it funny how similar those threads were.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Also i want a saga, a big circus for a new signing :drool:

:drool: yes, and has be be closed at the end of August, and a presentation at the Bernabéu with fireworks, elephants, trumpets and jugglers

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I wasn't talking about any Madrid fans and I don't think you're ungrateful at all. It's just that these things at Madrid don't work like they do everywhere else. I just found it funny how similar it was.
ok, then I misunderstood. The things are different because there is a lot of politics

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
3 years ago in the thread @Peyroteo linked.

"If Ronaldo doesn't regain some form I hope we get rid of both. Bring in Lewandowski/Aguero and Hazard."
Heh, it wasn't a crazy comment at the time. Turned out to be an overreaction, but his physical decline was very evident and very worrying back then, and our immediate precedents with declining stars weren't pretty...

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
ok, then I misunderstood. The things are different because there is a lot of politics
This turned into a power struggle between Ronaldo and Perez, Perez represents the club and if there's one thing that every Madrid fan believes is that there's noone bigger than the club. So there was no winning for Ronaldo and it turned into a Madrid vs Ronaldo situation with arguments about if it's Ronaldo that needs Madrid more or Madrid that needs Ronaldo more... which don't even matter.

Ronaldo and Madrid fans are the same, both too proud and ambitious but it's mostly a good thing so you can't really blame them. Once he goes and politics are set aside then things will be like they are at any other club.

But meanwhile it's simply weird to see a fanbase losing their best player ever and act like they're not bothered and some even wishing for him to go year after year. Especially since you're talking about the best player in the world...

Last edited:

Loublaze

ATLien
How am I out of my mind?

There's Pele and 6 other players with more goals than Ronaldo . Don't let your adoration for the man get in the way of facts :lol:

Marcus

This turned into a power struggle between Ronaldo and Perez, Perez represents the club and if there's one thing that every Madrid fan believes is that there's noone bigger than the club. So there was no winning for Ronaldo and it turned into a Madrid vs Ronaldo situation with arguments about if it's Ronaldo that needs Madrid more or Madrid that needs Ronaldo more... which don't even matter.

Ronaldo and Madrid fans are the same, both too proud and ambitious but it's mostly a good thing so you can't really blame them. Once he goes and politics are set aside then things will be like they are at any other club.

But meanwhile it's simply weird to see a fanbase losing their best player ever and act like they're not bothered and some even wishing for him to go year after year.
The Spanish and Portuguese have a great rivalry among themselves. It must grate Madrid fans that their greatest player has been a Portuguese for the longest time. However, they tolerated this aberration because he brought them so much success. Now that he is in relative decline, they are more than happy to get rid of him. I see some parallels with Rooney being a Scouser at United actually. Just that Rooney had already declined significantly by the time it came to his departure.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I wasn't talking about any Madrid fans and I don't think you're ungrateful at all. It's just that these things at Madrid don't work like they do everywhere else. Just found it funny how similar those threads were.
Personally i think the Galacticidio, Raul and Iker are still too fresh in our minds. We went 30 years without winning the EC, then most recently 6 years going out in the R16. Now we're constantly thinking of the future because we're afraid of that happening again.

Plus, with Cristiano there was always a bit of a strange connection, because he's always been as big or bigger than the club, globally, in terms of image. So it was hard to identify him with the club, the way Raul or Iker did. That's why you have two kind of madridistas in regards to Cristiano: those like Roncero who latched onto Cristiano's global image as a mean to further aggrandize Madrid(and those people are fanatical over Cristiano. Worse than you or @Cal? :lol:) and those -like me, i think @carvajal and @Vato too- who always appreciated him as a footballer, loved what he did for the club, but were never able to fully identify him with the club. Hence, we probably never loved him the way we loved Raul or Iker or El Buitre, and possibly even Zidane or Redondo(the last two names apply to me personally, dunno about the madridismo at large:lol:)

And then of course there's the morons, but every large group of people has those :lol:

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
The Spanish and Portuguese have a great rivalry with each other. It must grate Madrid fans that their greatest player has been a Portuguese for the longest time .However, they tolerated this aberration because he brought them so much success. Now that he is in relative decline, they are more than happy to get rid of him. I see some parallels with Rooney being a Scouser at United actually. Just that Rooney had already declined significantly by the time it came to his departure.
It doesn't matter that he's portuguese. If he was spanish he'd definitely get a different treatment, even more so if he came from the Madrid academy but outside of that there really isn't any difference.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid

But meanwhile it's simply weird to see a fanbase losing their best player ever and act like they're not bothered and some even wishing for him to go year after year.
You're right, there's a lot of pride. With all the respect for Juve, I do not know what he will do there. The whole clan in Madrid, Georgina pregnant, his son who was going to start playing in the lower categories of Madrid ... and suddenly he goes crazy in the Champions League final (for pure jealousy).
If you are interested, yesterday in el chiringuito(no tweet with video), Pipi Estrada spoke about a conversation with someone close to Florentino. He explains more or less from the beginning how their relationship went wrong. Pipi is a very particular character but what he said makes a lot of sense.
Today he also spoke, in this case blaming Mendes

Vato

Supports
Real Madrid
But meanwhile it's simply weird to see a fanbase losing their best player ever and act like they're not bothered and some even wishing for him to go year after year
Do you think any of us really want to see him go?

It's just his non stop comments and crying about not being loved (translation $$$) that make it hard to care.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Do you think any of us really want to see him go?

It's just his non stop comments and crying about not being loved (translation $$$) that make it hard to care.
Ronaldo has money coming out of his ass and will continue pouring in the sponsorship deals long after he's retired from football.

Do you really think this is about the money? It's about the principle.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
But meanwhile it's simply weird to see a fanbase losing their best player ever and act like they're not bothered and some even wishing for him to go year after year. Especially since you're talking about the best player in the world...
Age matters, recent precedent with ageing stars "overstaying their welcome", etc...

Plus, when you've got a bellyfull of caviar it's a lot harder to get angry :lol:

Ultimately though, life goes on. We have existed and won when long before Cristiano was born, we have won when he was a kid, we won with him, and we will continue winning long after he's retired. To remain succesfull you have to look to the future and not dwell on the past. It's a pity we couldn't agree with him to 2+1+1(all club options) at €60-80m a year, but them's the breaks :D
:drool: yes, and has be be closed at the end of August, and a presentation at the Bernabéu with fireworks, elephants, trumpets and jugglers
Mbappé :drool::drool::drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.