Cristiano Ronaldo | Real confirm deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

EyeInTheSky

Juventus posted a video of their number 7's on it.
Yeah. It is China's version of Vine - video sharing social media site. That is a link to a video on Juventus' official Miaopai account.
Yeah I’m trying to find the link from Juve on the site to verify it’s an official account. Can’t do it on my mobile

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
"I'm leaving because I feel like it's time for a new challenge for my career. I want to thank the president, the board and everyone working at the club for having given me this opportunity. Florentino Perez totally did not make me say this. Hala Madrid!"
:lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I wonder how they have so many foreign fans though. Been to Turim a few times but mostly saw Torino fans and also most merchandise.
Turin is granata. Juventus is pretty much the team of Italy. Basically outside the big cities(Milan, Turin, Florence, Rome, Naples, Bologna, Palermo, Genoa) and the regions of Lombardy, Lazio and Campania(where they're either the 2nd or 3rd club) the rest of Italy is theirs. Fewer fans outside of Italy than both Milan clubs though iirc

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Turin is granata. Juventus is pretty much the team of Italy. Basically outside the big cities(Milan, Turin, Florence, Rome, Naples, Bologna, Palermo, Genoa) and the regions of Lombardy, Lazio and Campania(where they're either the 2nd or 3rd club) the rest of Italy is theirs. Fewer fans outside of Italy than both Milan clubs though iirc
What team in Milan has more supporters,Inter or Milan,and in Roma and Genoa?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
What team in Milan has more supporters,Inter or Milan,and in Roma and Genoa?
Nowadays Inter in Milan i think. Used to be Milan. Historically milan were the working class team and inter the upper middle class team. In rome it's roma, never even close. The ratio was always like 10 to 1. Not sure about Genoa. Historically it's genoa, but these days might be sampdoria

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Yeah I’m trying to find the link from Juve on the site to verify it’s an official account. Can’t do it on my mobile
I've tried and there isn't one. There isn't anything about the account or video that screams to me 'fake' though and the account on the Miaopai website has a verified symbol which suggests it is authentic. If we have any Chinese posters on here they might be able to say more about that website.

EyeInTheSky

I've tried and there isn't one. There isn't anything about the account or video that screams to me 'fake' though and the account on the Miaopai website has a verified symbol which suggests it is authentic. If we have any Chinese posters on here they might be able to say more about that website.
Cool thanks mate. I wouldn’t know how to verify if it wasn’t just a fan account rather than a fake one. I don’t fully trust verified accounts on social media and China is the Wild West on that front.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Nowadays Inter in Milan i think. Used to be Milan. Historically milan were the working class team and inter the upper middle class team. In rome it's roma, never even close. The ratio was always like 10 to 1. Not sure about Genoa. Historically it's genoa, but these days might be sampdoria
I didn't know about the social differences in Milan clubs.which is your team in calcio?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I didn't know about the social differences in Milan clubs.which is your team in calcio?
The social differences are historical, in the sense that they existed until the '60s(and were very broad even then. My dad and his family were all working class and inter fans). Nowadays there's no such thing.

My team is Inter

Cliche Guevara

I once read something, quite a few years ago, that stated Juventus had the highest number of supporters in the world.

I was surprised (and I never really know how these things are measured) and always wondered if it was true.

Would this have been likely at any point? Is it the case there is a massive Italian diaspora around the world who traditionally support Juve?

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Why did Inter get the upper hand in terms if fans? I mean Milan‘s last few years were bad, but Inter did nothing of note in the same time

Don’t Juventus have an appalling match going crowd (in terms of attendees). The majority of their ground is usually empty is it not?

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
Even if that fraud is talking shit, Mendes trying to include United (or any other rich club) is what any good agent would do, to get Ronaldo the best possible deal and salary. I'm no fan of these superagents, but I don't see a problem with Mendes trying to get other clubs to bite.
well it is and it would if he already agreed a deal with Juve, it is not like this is a 1M£ deal for a youngster, in order to structure and finance it they must have been working hand in hand for weeks, probably months since it had to go thru Exor approval, it would not be very professional now if he went back on the deal trying to create an auction, it is ridiculous just to thinks something like that and in facts if the information that came out so far are true I doubt that might happen, it might make Ronaldo or Real a few millions more but it would destroy the agent and player credibility.

He might well have proposed him at the start of the negotiations in January, but to do it now would not be cool

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I once read something, quite a few years ago, that stated Juventus had the highest number of supporters in the world.

I was surprised (and I never really know how these things are measured) and always wondered if it was true.

Would this have been likely at any point? Is it the case there is a massive Italian diaspora around the world who traditionally support Juve?
Highly unlikely they were ever the most supported team in the world. Juventus has been the most supported team in Italy since at least the 50s i think, so it's likely also the most supported by italian expats

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
Don’t Juventus have an appalling match going crowd (in terms of attendees). The majority of their ground is usually empty is it not?
no we do not, Allianz stadium has the highest attendance rate in Italy with over 90% of capacity filled on average for home matches

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Why did Inter get the upper hand in terms if fans? I mean Milan‘s last few years were bad, but Inter did nothing of note in the same time
Kids. Inter had Ronaldo in the late 90s and then their spell of dominance post calciopoli. It's a very small difference anyways. Milan is about 41% inter 39% milan 20% juventus. More or less

vincent11

I highly doubt it, used to be AC Milan the team with most fans outside of Italy, due to their CL success. Now Juventus has more fans than the Milan teams combined, just compare their social media followers

no we do not, Allianz stadium has the highest attendance rate in Italy with over 90% of capacity filled on average for home matches
Apologies that was the old stadium that was on average only 1/3 full. Since moving to the new stadium that’s only 41,000, attendance seems to have improved.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Apologies that was the old stadium that was on average only 1/3 full. Since moving to the new stadium that’s only 41,000, attendance seems to have improved.
It's basically full capacity. The old stadium was an abomination. Built for Italy 90 by an architect who never watched a football game in his life and was very proud of it. Dunno why nobody ever forced him to watch every game played in that "stadium" afterwards

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
That is a myth that Torino fans and fans from other teams (for reasons that are still unclear to me) love to perpetuate.
Turin has also a predominance of Juve fans especially among the younger generations. It is true that in Turin city the split is more balanced than in the rest of the region (still with a net prevalence of Juve fans) and that Juve is a national team while Torino is mainly a city team, but among people younger than 40 there is not even a comparison for obvious reasons Juve is by far the first team and by the way Torino was born out of a spin off from Juve that is the city oldest team

Last edited:

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
It's basically full capacity. The old stadium was an abomination. Built for Italy 90 by an architect who never watched a football game in his life and was very proud of it. Dunno why nobody ever forced him to watch every game played in that "stadium" afterwards
Very true and not only for Turin, they built almost all the stadiums for the WC 90 with an athletic ring for no other reason than politics within the corrupted Italian sport authority and the stupidity of local politicians. Delle Alpi was terrible, could not see shit

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
It's not exactly a famous number for them

7 is really a special number for United and Real Madrid, can't think of another club with a special connection to it. It might become one for juventus now though
Who were the no. 7s at Madrid before Cristiano and Raul?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Very true and not only for Turin, they built almost all the stadiums for the WC 90 with an athletic ring for no other reason than politics within the corrupted Italian sport authority and the stupidity of local politicians. Delle Alpi was terrible, could not see shit
Olimpico and San Nicola are great stadiums even despite the athletic ring. Delle Alpi was an abomination. God knows why they gave the job to that football-hating moron :houllier:

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
Olimpico and San Nicola are great stadiums even despite the athletic ring. Delle Alpi was an abomination. God knows why they gave the job to that football-hating moron :houllier:
Olimpico was just covered so it kept some sort of integrity but while it is a nice stadium it is terrible to watch football from most sectors except the central stands. The popular sectors are horrible. San Paolo is even worse than the old Delle Alpi, Verona also not great for football. I have never been to San Nicola but in any case I do not like stadiums with a track, they keep way too far from the pitch

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
I highly doubt it, used to be AC Milan the team with most fans outside of Italy, due to their CL success. Now Juventus has more fans than the Milan teams combined, just compare their social media followers
Inter is not even comparable in terms of number of international fans in the sense that they have always been a very distant third despite the BS they have come up to justify Suning Chinese sponsorships, Milan up to a few years ago has actually enjoyed a period of leadership between 1990 and 2010 thanks to its international successes under Berlusconi. Before than it is more difficult to make comparisons because support was far less globalized but it is quite safe to assume that Milan teams led the 60s and Juve from 1970 til 1990

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Juve’s average attendance is 39k. They have a cute little 41,000 seater stadium that they fill most games. Their lowest attendance for a Serie A game last season was 31k. Bless.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
I’ll come back once I stole almost 15 million Euros from the Spanish people. Once I’m done with that, I’ll promise to donate half of that to charity, cause I’m such a great guy.
:lol: :lol:

I love when people spoute shit they don't know anything about. His tax issues came because of the way Madrid drew up the contract. The way his agents interpreted the new laws in that contract as well.

It must really suck to hate him that much. I guess GOAT's get hated on a lot. Especially one that destroyed your team time and time again.

Real didnt win those CL based purely on Ronaldo though. We wouldnt automatically be contenders for CL or EPL just by signing him. Big waste of money at that price IMO.
We would automatically be favourites for the league.

Funny you say waste of money. As if it wasn't a waste of money spending 90 million on that trash Pogba who has shown absolutely nothing for us yet. Or lukaku who has flopped in most of the big games. Or sanchez's wages when he has shown zero yet. That's a waste of money.

Green_Red

:lol: :lol:

I love when people spoute shit they don't know anything about. His tax issues came because of the way Madrid drew up the contract. The way his agents interpreted the new laws in that contract as well.

It must really suck to hate him that much. I guess GOAT's get hated on a lot. Especially one that destroyed your team time and time again.

We would automatically be favourites for the league.

Funny you say waste of money. As if it wasn't a waste of money spending 90 million on that trash Pogba who has shown absolutely nothing for us yet. Or lukaku who has flopped in most of the big games. Or sanchez's wages when he has shown zero yet. That's a waste of money.
Stick to ice hockey mate

Cal?

CR7 fan
It’s beyond ridiculous if Jose and Woodward aren’t doing everything possible to gazzump this deal.

One signing to elevate us to the level of City and we are sitting by watching Juve sign him?

::sonny::

It’s beyond ridiculous if Jose and Woodward aren’t doing everything possible to gazzump this deal.

One signing to elevate us to the level of City and we are sitting by watching Juve sign him?
Spending +100 million + wage for a 34 yr old, who already was here saying he was a slave, is not a good idea.

Renegade

Even though it’s not really important and “just a number”. If Ronaldo was to come here instead of Juve do people really think Sanchez would give up #7 without a fight? Sanchez seems to love the number just as much as Ronaldo does.

I would hate if we signed Ronaldo for £88m after Madrid bought him for £80m and got 10 world class seasons out of him. That would be outrageous from us.

Hopefully this move is the beginning of the end of the Messi v Ronaldo debate too with them being in different leagues.

Status
Not open for further replies.