Cristiano Ronaldo | Real confirm deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charles Miller

The players were singing "reyes de europa" - kings of europe, and Cr7 picks the microphone and said: "los que se dopan". Wtf was that?

BlueHaze

He can't stand not being the centre of attention, quite pathetic actually.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
So I see majority of posters here not actually reading the real translation of the interview and quick to criticize him.

Do criticize him. What you can't take away is his 5 CL's and another impending balon d'or.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
So I see majority of posters here not actually reading the real translation of the interview and quick to criticize him.

Do criticize him. What you can't take away is his 5 CL's and another impending balon d'or.
The problem is not exactly the interview but the moment chosen to say it. Everyone knows that he is arrogant and jealous. The public of Bernabéu is quite similar to him, that's why this strange relationship of love hate. Today has softened the speech a lot

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Some of the comments in here, you wouldn't think the bloke ever played for us. Caf is ruthless :lol:

Poor moment to say what he did but he's always been a drama queen, dunno why people are surprised.

luke511

To be fair he celebrated a lot with Bale when he scored the overhead kick, it was probably more him sulking about not scoring rather than trying to take the spotlight off Bale.

Luke1995

How would that divide the dressing room?

If anything, as I think we’re starting to see, his teammates are going to get sick of his constant threats to leave if he doesn’t get more and more money.

At some point Real will want to cash in on Ronaldo and I hope it doesn’t come as a nasty surprise to him.
Well, the players who are his friends against the ones who aren't.

I don't think him asking for more money is unfair to real, he is their all time top scorer . If anything, their board doesn't take care of him like the United one did back in the old days, but I can understand their concerns about a certain decline.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Speaks volumes that it has to be even stated that he was celebrating when his team-mates score, and that too in a Champions League final :lol:

HorrorFan07

For such a confident player, he reeks of insecurities. He couldn't handle Bale being the one to get the attention and now has the better goal in the bigger game. What a twat.
Yup, and now people think he actually WANTS to leave he says "oh sorry lads I was only joking to get attention!" as he's scared Real Madrid will sign the Brazilian sensation Neymar.

Dude has no balls to stick to his comments that he wants to leave.

He's everything that is wrong with the modern footballer. Won't shed a tear when he retires as he's influenced a generation to be like him.

A case study into a narcissistic would make Ronaldo the perfect psychology/sociopath study for people at University.

I wonder how Ronaldo will cope with retirement one day? as it's coming.. I suspect he might really struggle to deal with not getting any attention and will do outrageous things to get it again !

He's going to be a nightmare for Real Madrid when he's declining and I can't wait.. that day IS coming ha ! wanting to start every game as a striker and his team-mates to constantly pass to him to score. Think of us trying to get rid of Rooney but x10 worse as Rooney didn't have this guys ego.

Feel sorry for Bale and any other World Class player having to share a dressing room with Ronaldo. What an absolute weapon.. stay away from Real Madrid if you are a World Class player - as you will always have to play second fiddle to Ronaldo no matter how good you are.

This is why a lot of people hate him.. because he doesn't help himself and is actually the one who fuels the reasons why people hate him with these types of comments. Why go infront of a camera if you are angry in the first place!? he knew EXACTLY what he was doing stealing Gareth's limelight and attention.. very unsavoury his need for constant attention.

Last edited:

Judas

Open to offers
Everyone I've ever known to have met him, and nearly every professional player talks about what a lovely bloke he is, so I'm going to go along with their assessment. He can say things that make him look like a total arse though.

Ludens the Red

Yup, and now people think he actually WANTS to leave he says "oh sorry lads I was only joking to get attention!" as he's scared Real Madrid will sign the Brazilian sensation Neymar.

Dude has no balls to stick to his comments that he wants to leave.

He's everything that is wrong with the modern footballer. Won't shed a tear when he retires as he's influenced a generation to be like him.

A case study into a narcissistic would make Ronaldo the perfect psychology/sociopath study for people at University.

I wonder how Ronaldo will cope with retirement one day? as it's coming.. I suspect he might really struggle to deal with not getting any attention and will do outrageous things to get it again !

He's going to be a nightmare for Real Madrid when he's declining and I can't wait.. that day IS coming ha ! wanting to start every game as a striker and his team-mates to constantly pass to him to score. Think of us trying to get rid of Rooney but x10 worse as Rooney didn't have this guys ego.

Feel sorry for Bale and any other World Class player having to share a dressing room with Ronaldo. What an absolute weapon.. stay away from Real Madrid if you are a World Class player - as you will always have to play second fiddle to Ronaldo no matter how good you are.

This is why a lot of people hate him.. because he doesn't help himself and is actually the one who fuels the reasons why people hate him with these types of comments. Why go infront of a camera if you are angry in the first place!? he knew EXACTLY what he was doing stealing Gareth's limelight and attention.. very unsavoury his need for constant attention.
This is a lot of warm diarrhoea .

I'm sorry but how is Ronaldo everything that is wrong with the modern footballer? How can a player who constantly strives to be the best be wrong? A player who doesn't drink or smoke and does all he can to maintain peak fitness? A player who spent countless hours training and working on his game to be the best? A player who's obsession with being the best has led him to FIVE European Cups and has led him to break multiple goal scoring records?

You think this is the guy that epitomizes what is wrong with the modern footballer? Have a think about what you're saying. So he's a bit of a narcissist and has an ego, name me a top player who doesn't? At least Ronaldo doesn't pretend to be holler than thou. How many of Ronaldo's old team mates have had bad words to say about him? When Roy Keane and Sir Alex Ferguson describe you as the ultimate professional, you must be doing something right no?

And that stuff about feeling sorry for Bale and Ronaldo being angry in front of the camera... I mean ffs did you not see Bale's entire post match interview? His entire post match interview was him complaining and whining about not being a first team player and basically saying he's leaving the club despite the fact he hasn't warranted a place in the first team over the last couple of seasons over other players. I mean seriously, seems like you have a serious Ronaldo grudge.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
It's ridiculous, but I think everyone who knows him well is already quite used to it, so I doubt his colleagues care about it as much as some here think.

He has always been this way, always. I guess they look at him a bit like that childish friend we have, with some strange personality flaws but nevertheless harmless and a close friend, so they indulge him.

That thing of them dancing around him singing "queda-te" seems like a mix of them mocking him, having fun with him, and genuinely wanting himmto stay.

Culero

Real Madrid have all the leverage here, forget an extension why would they even give him a raise? He's been incredible for them and as a gesture of goodwill he deffo can demand a raise but methinks he would want something substantial so with 3 years left on his contract and him getting older what incentive would a big raise even do?

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
State of this guy. First ruin the moods of RM supporters. Take all the spotlight. Now everyone is talking about him, he changes his tune.

It's getting old, Ronnie.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It's like he's in a relationship where he doesn't feel he's treated right, so makes threats to end it for attention but is really just desperate for it to carry on.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Oh we shall see - again. :lol:

Every year. Every damn year.
It's the turd which refuses to flush.
When he reaches 40 and is retired, there will be stories every year that he is about to come out of retirement and join MUFC.

He'll stay at RMFC, where he shall win more trophies with/for them and shall continue to be a huge star in World Footbal.

Would I want him at MUFC? He is getting on a bit, now. And this season has not been spectacular. Last Summer I was 100% "Ronaldo In". But now...not sure.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Real Madrid have all the leverage here, forget an extension why would they even give him a raise? He's been incredible for them and as a gesture of goodwill he deffo can demand a raise but methinks he would want something substantial so with 3 years left on his contract and him getting older what incentive would a big raise even do?
He's earning like half of what Messi does, a lot less than Neymar... the contract Griezmann got was nearly as good. If he's asking for more money it's because he's deserved it.

Don't think it's just about a raise though. This has been going on for a very long time, the news here in Portugal was that a few months before last year's final Florentino Perez promised him a big raise if they retained the Champions League and then Perez didn't back it down which is what led to last year's drama. Then this year things have gotten worse with Perez letting Pepe, Morata and James go and bringing in Ceballos, Theo, Majoral, Vallejo. They seemed like they're worried about the future and bringing in Neymar without Ronaldo feeling like he has a say in these things.

You can say a lot of things about Ronaldo but he's not one to be upset without good reason to and he's gotten more reasonable as he got older. Obviously this should be solved in private rater than creating this big drama right after a CL final, if it was Ronaldo's ego or his honesty that led to this will depend on who you ask but that there are problems between him and Perez I have no doubt. I also have little doubt that it's both in their interests to solve it and it's what will happen.

Culero

He's earning like half of what Messi does, a lot less than Neymar... the contract Griezmann got was nearly as good. If he's asking for more money it's because he's deserved it.

Don't think it's just about a raise though. This has been going on for a very long time, the news here in Portugal was that a few months before last year's final Florentino Perez promised him a big raise if they retained the Champions League and then Perez didn't back it down which is what led to last year's drama. Then this year things have gotten worse with Perez letting Pepe, Morata and James go and bringing in Ceballos, Theo, Majoral, Vallejo. They seemed like they're worried about the future and bringing in Neymar without Ronaldo feeling like he has a say in these things.

You can say a lot of things about Ronaldo but he's not one to be upset without good reason to and he's gotten more reasonable as he got older. Obviously this should be solved in private rater than creating this big drama right after a CL final, if it was Ronaldo's ego or his honesty that led to this will depend on who you ask but that there are problems between him and Perez I have no doubt. I also have little doubt that it's both in their interests to solve it and it's what will happen.
Perhaps I didn't clarify it well enough, I do agree he deserves more in the context of what other players get, that I don't mind. Its the position Madrid are in that makes me think why would they bother? Surely a verbal promise as bad as it looks from Perez being broken is an easy way out? Could they not have it written down in a contract? I suppose the real question is how much more he is demanding, are we talking in the Neymar ball park? Because he can forget the Messi wages which are ridiculous IMO (fair play to him running down the contract to maximise his earnings).

You know more about this than me but is part of this tied to his tax dealings? In that he will like many players have to fork out vast sums of money and therefore the extra money he was promised really needs to be delivered?

Final note, how underpaid are Real Madrid players though, I checked many sources for their wages and compared to other big teams some of their players get pathetic wages. Like the Tottenham of elite clubs, how does Perez manage to get these players to agree to these wages?

ayushreddevil9

Perhaps I didn't clarify it well enough, I do agree he deserves more in the context of what other players get, that I don't mind. Its the position Madrid are in that makes me think why would they bother? Surely a verbal promise as bad as it looks from Perez being broken is an easy way out? Could they not have it written down in a contract? I suppose the real question is how much more he is demanding, are we talking in the Neymar ball park? Because he can forget the Messi wages which are ridiculous IMO (fair play to him running down the contract to maximise his earnings).

You know more about this than me but is part of this tied to his tax dealings? In that he will like many players have to fork out vast sums of money and therefore the extra money he was promised really needs to be delivered?

Final note, how underpaid are Real Madrid players though, I checked many sources for their wages and compared to other big teams some of their players get pathetic wages. Like the Tottenham of elite clubs, how does Perez manage to get these players to agree to these wages?
Simple. It's Real Madrid.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP

Yeah players like Marcelo are on ridiculously low wages. Perez has done an incredible job in that regard, especially when you put it in contrast with Barcelona who are in the opposite situation.

I don't know if this Ronaldo being angry at Perez thing has anything to do with tax dealings although it probably hasn't helped. He said he was going to say something in the next week which will probably clarify things. He's definitely not asking to earn as much as Messi as there's no chance of that happening, I don't even think money is the big problem here but I guess we'll have to wait to find out.

pregra

Supports
FC Barcelona,Argentina
No matter what the issue is, if there even is one, he shouldn’t have said stuff 10 seconds after the final whistle in a winning Champions League final. Does anyone seriously think he would have said this if he played a good game and wasn’t among the lowest performing RM players? Now everyone forgets how shit he was and all the headlines are about him. Mendes have trained him well...

Culero

That only applies to new additions, I'm talking about established players. When you are a player that has been there for 10 years like Marcelo. Real Madrid or not he can demand much higher wages to the market demands.

Culero

Yeah players like Marcelo are on ridiculously low wages. Perez has done an incredible job in that regard, especially when you put it in contrast with Barcelona who are in the opposite situation.

I don't know if this Ronaldo being angry at Perez thing has anything to do with tax dealings although it probably hasn't helped. He said he was going to say something in the next week which will probably clarify things. He's definitely not asking to earn as much as Messi as there's no chance of that happening, I don't even think money is the big problem here but I guess we'll have to wait to find out.
Perez should give him what he promised him, a man who breaks his words isn't worth much. That being said I think it is money, as much as he says he feels like a 23 year old he is looking at the final stage of his career, he has earned a bump in his salary and I think he is simply going after it, too aggressive perhaps with regards to statements in public but if he feels aggrieved at not having promises fulfilled can't blame him.

Let me put my conspiracy hat on for a second, the whole Neymar operation. Perez has wanted him for years and there are so many reports and rumors about a move in the future. With Ronaldo getting older he looks like a great replacement and the dynamics of bringing in Neymar whilst Ronaldo is there may create an imbalance. Perhaps instead of looking at his shiny new project maybe Ronaldo feels Perez should focus on the man who has brought his club so much success instead.

ayushreddevil9

That only applies to new additions, I'm talking about established players. When you are a player that has been there for 10 years like Marcelo. Real Madrid or not he can demand much higher wages to the market demands.
Maybe they simply love playing for Madrid?

RoyH1

That's part of it to be sure. Nowhere else will you be guaranteed the amount of silverware that you do there.

But I imagine the standard of living plays into it too. Madrid is cheap compared to other European cities and your millionaire wages get you plenty far there.

AXVnee7

Ronaldo cares for Utd, he cares for Madrid more, but he cares mostly about himself. It's no surprise he will pull these stunts.

However this perhaps works out well for us. It means RM would be more willing to let Bale go.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I bet someone like Marcelo could earn far more at PSG for instance.

I don't really know much about this topic, but I once read a rather ordinary player like Nacho (I actually rate him a lot, but he's not a star) has twice the followers Mbappe or Cavani have, so purely in terms of money the amount someone can make at Madrid from commercial exploitation has to be considerable.

Culero

I bet someone like Marcelo could earn far more at PSG for instance.

I don't really know much about this topic, but I once read a rather ordinary player like Nacho (I actually rate him a lot, but he's not a star) has twice the followers Mbappe or Cavani have, so purely in terms of money the amount someone can make at Madrid from commercial exploitation has to be considerable.
Nacho hasn't got more followers than Mbappe though. Well perhaps we are looking at salary to simplistic, there are bound to be various bonuses and clauses so whatever we see reported won't be 100% true anyway. However doesn't Madrid take a slice of a players image rights if they get a hefty salary to justify it? Either way Real players are not paid greatly compared to other big team players.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Perez should give him what he promised him, a man who breaks his words isn't worth much. That being said I think it is money, as much as he says he feels like a 23 year old he is looking at the final stage of his career, he has earned a bump in his salary and I think he is simply going after it, too aggressive perhaps with regards to statements in public but if he feels aggrieved at not having promises fulfilled can't blame him.

Let me put my conspiracy hat on for a second, the whole Neymar operation. Perez has wanted him for years and there are so many reports and rumors about a move in the future. With Ronaldo getting older he looks like a great replacement and the dynamics of bringing in Neymar whilst Ronaldo is there may create an imbalance. Perhaps instead of looking at his shiny new project maybe Ronaldo feels Perez should focus on the man who has brought his club so much success instead.
To Perez, Ronaldo is dispensable.

Considering how they got rid of Raul it won't be much of issue when they dispose of Ronaldo. For all his trophies, Raul was a bigger legend at Madrid.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
That's part of it to be sure. Nowhere else will you be guaranteed the amount of silverware that you do there.

But I imagine the standard of living plays into it too. Madrid is cheap compared to other European cities and your millionaire wages get you plenty far there.
I doubt it's the trophies. Ronaldo decided to leave us when we were reigning European champions.

Madrid as a football club just has a special aura about. Biggest club in the world and the players know it.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
To Perez, Ronaldo is dispensable.

Considering how they got rid of Raul it won't be much of issue when they dispose of Ronaldo. For all his trophies, Raul was a bigger legend at Madrid.
By the time Raul left a lot of the fans wanted him gone. Perez sells Ronaldo and the Bernabeu would kill him for it, he's the opposite of dispensable.

Only way Ronaldo leaves is if he wants to leave.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
By the time Raul left a lot of the fans wanted him gone. Perez sells Ronaldo and the Bernabeu would kill him for it, he's the opposite of dispensable.

Only way Ronaldo leaves is if he wants to leave.
Or if he doesn’t score for 6 games and the Bernabeu start booing him and cheering Neymar’s name.

el3mel

Big legend of the game, but one of the biggest drama queen on the game too. If I were a Madrid fan, I would start to get pissed off of his usual "I'm leaving - turn out I'm not!" that happens every year.

Eddy_JukeZ

I didn't realize Ronaldo currently makes less than Neymar and Messi.

This is a nothing story then.

He wants more money.

Status
Not open for further replies.