Cristiano Ronaldo | Real confirm deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke1995

Yeah I’m not sure Real would be interested in an extension or a pay rise at this stage. They can simply refuse to sell him.

This is probably the time to start calling his bluff.
And risk a divided dressing room ? I think Ronaldo holds all the leverage here.

C'est Moi Cantona

I'm sure Real would love someone to come in and pay a huge fee + take his wages off them now, I just hope it's not us, time moves on.

Last edited:

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
when's his current contract run out? can't imagine RM will be keen to extend it for too much longer.

Talks were always regarding a bigger wage, but the lenght of the contract would remain the same, that's why Real don't really have much interest in doing it, and Ronaldo is the one pushing for a renewal.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Madrid are such a circus.
They've just won the biggest prize, yet the match winner and the icon are both instantly after the game talking about their own situations rather than enjoying the win!

Cliche Guevara

And risk a divided dressing room ? I think Ronaldo holds all the leverage here.
How would that divide the dressing room?

If anything, as I think we’re starting to see, his teammates are going to get sick of his constant threats to leave if he doesn’t get more and more money.

At some point Real will want to cash in on Ronaldo and I hope it doesn’t come as a nasty surprise to him.

Canagel

I think it's time for him to leave Real Madrid. If I was him I'd definitely leave now. He's just won his 5th CL. 3rd in a row with Real Madrid. What is there left for him to do there? This is the perfect time to go. Real Madrid are a team on the decline imo and won't repeat these achievements. Not with this current generation. If you take out Ronaldo I actually think they will fall apart. They have been very poor at times this season and shown a lot of defensive frailties. Look how far off they were in La Liga. If you take out Ronaldo's goals they would never have been near a CL final. Imagine if he left now and went to PSG, helped them win the CL. His reputation would only be strengthened. Winning the CL again and Ballon dor with a third different team is a very appealing and a top challenge I think.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I think it's time for him to leave Real Madrid. If I was him I'd definitely leave now. He's just won his 5th CL. 3rd in a row with Real Madrid. What is there left for him to do there? This is the perfect time to go. Real Madrid are a team on the decline imo and won't repeat these achievements. Not with this current generation. If you take out Ronaldo I actually think they will fall apart. They have been very poor at times this season and shown a lot of defensive frailties. Look how far off they were in La Liga. If you take out Ronaldo's goals they would never have been near a CL final. Imagine if he left now and went to PSG, helped them win the CL. His reputation would only be strengthened. Winning the CL again and Ballon dor with a third different team is a very appealing and a top challenge I think.
Psg? I'm not really buying into it. They're a nice club with a someones money backing them.

De Portago

Supports
Red Star
Well, one of the reasons why they were so poor in the league was that Ronaldo scored a grand total of one goals before the new year if i recall correctly, and by that time they were 14-15 points off the top and it was practically done in fairness. As far as PSG goes, only way he ends up there is if Neymar moves elsewhere and that is a lateral move at best, it certainly isn't going to elevate them to CL winners.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Has he just said "seen you next year" to the fans on their open bus parade? :lol:

Canagel

Psg? I'm not really buying into it. They're a nice club with a someones money backing them.
Maybe but at the moment they seem to have a mental block in the CL. Perhaps a winner like Ronaldo will help change that. Neymar/Ronaldo swap would be the best moves for all parties. He's probably angling for a new contract but if I'm in his shoes it's an easy decision to leave.

Falklander

Real Madrid falling apart, Jesus Christ. If that is what falling apart is then i wish we fall apart too. Got to love hyperbole on this forum, its Real Madrid,they will always attract world best players, no fear for them in post Ronaldo, Modric, Kroos, Marcelo and rest of company era

Moriarty

Madrid are such a circus.
They've just won the biggest prize, yet the match winner and the icon are both instantly after the game talking about their own situations rather than enjoying the win!
I seem to recall that after we beat Chelsea in Moscow, a reporter ran up to Ronaldo on the pitch and the first question out of him mouth was whether he would stay at United.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Would be surreal if Florentino axed Ronaldo, Bale, and Kroos the same summer then signed Neymar, Griezmann, and Pogba to replace them.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I seem to recall that after we beat Chelsea in Moscow, a reporter ran up to Ronaldo on the pitch and the first question out of him mouth was whether he would stay at United.
And he played it smart with "I stay".
Talking about leaving straight away is ridiculous.

Eddy_JukeZ

He's probably the most self centered athlete I've ever seen.

Though he probably wouldn't be as great if he wasn't.

I'd take him back, but if I was Ronaldo, I don't know if I'd return.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
He’s not returning all the time Mourinho is here.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
“hope to see you next year" during bus parade. He wanted attention.

LoneStar

PSG does make sense, considering he could still score at this rate for a couple of years in the French league with that team. They do need a clutch player in the CL and he could be that player.

As for United, I hope we don’t go in for him. We have struggled to create chances this year, and with Ronaldo depending a lot on others to create goal scoring chances for him, I can see him struggling here.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
:confused:

Did he even play the semis? Haven't seen him there.
Did you not see him against Juventus and PSG? Or you just want to handpick a few games and tell the whole story? His goals against Juve and Paris were as crucial as Benzema's in the semis.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
"Me! Me! Me! "
"But Bale scored that unbelievable ... "
"No! Get the camera back to me!"
"But Zidane won the CL for the third ..."
"What? Why would you write about that? Write about me!"
"But Karius fecked it up."
"Okay, I'M LEAVING! Will you write about me now?"
**all cameras turn, all journalists start writing**
"What, you're LEAVING?"
"No, not really. But hey, that got you talking about me!"

PoTMS

He's such a egotistical attention seeking fanny. Couldn't take it that Bale stole all the headlines so had to throw his toys out of the pram and make it all about him again. The guy used to be my favourite player ever but he's become so unlikeable. The shameless 'links' of a return to United name isn't helping.

Coxy

He's such a egotistical attention seeking fanny. Couldn't take it that Bale stole all the headlines so had to throw his toys out of the pram and make it all about him again. The guy used to be my favourite player ever but he's become so unlikeable. The shameless 'links' of a return to United name isn't helping.
This. Except the favourite player ever part.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Even if he were leaving, I don't think he would say tonight. He's done enough damage and not allowed people to enjoy it. So most people would retract on it so people enjoy the celebrations etc. I think he will stay BUT....

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

James Peril

"Me! Me! Me! "
"But Bale scored that unbelievable ... "
"No! Get the camera back to me!"
"But Zidane won the CL for the third ..."
"What? Why would you write about that? Write about me!"
"But Karius fecked it up."
"Okay, I'M LEAVING! Will you write about me now?"
**all cameras turn, all journalists start writing**
"What, you're LEAVING?"
"No, not really. But hey, that got you talking about me!"
Cool story.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
For such a confident player, he reeks of insecurities. He couldn't handle Bale being the one to get the attention and now has the better goal in the bigger game. What a twat.

Status
Not open for further replies.