g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Cristiano Ronaldo | Real confirm deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
More unhappy than ever = unhappiest = angriest = confused.
Wayne Rooney, is that you?

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
That is the whole thing. What pisses us off is the way he's gone about it. The tax case doesn't help either. He can talk all he wants about this being about status, but go convince the vast majority of people the issue isn't related to the tax case...
Well, it's obvious this is the same thing that happened last year and it's obvious given what others are getting he'd be in the same position even without the tax case. I doubt it's as much about the money as it is the status that comes along with it too.

He fecked up and he definitely shouldn't have done it right after the final but he was honest and apologized for doing it right after. He was professional during the season and it didn't have any impact on the performances so I don't understand what's so bad about the way he's gone about it. Obviously the fans didn't like it but at worse it made the celebrations a bit less intense and it stole a few frontpages, is it such a big deal? These things go public like this because it's usually the way it has to be in Madrid, same happened with Ramos a couple of years ago.

He's not eternal, we will have to move on sooner or later. This is actually a good time for it. After 3 CL in a row, a competitive but trophyless transition season would not be the the earth-shattering disaster it would normally be
And it's the same for Ronaldo, with Lopetegui coming in and the money going more and more towards some prospects, this is a time where it wouldn't be that bad for him to leave. There's nothing else to accomplish in Madrid and trying to win the Champions League with PSG could be the last big challenge for his career. I have no doubt he loves it at Madrid and that he wants to stay but I think leaving for PSG would be much better for his legacy, he'd have to do it while he's young enough to play a big part though. I can see him staying one last year and then leaving.

Suhail

The same thing can be used to prove that Eder is the goat, what’s your point?

CookieMonster

Supports
FC Bayern München
Eder is no mere farm animal! Eder is scorer of gol! Savior of Portugal! Eder is love, Eder is life!

Last edited:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Still doing it on highest stage, still got blazing pace too. I’d have him at united in a heartbeat
Seen that pace on the counter attack. Blistering for a 20 year old, let alone 33 year old. In incredible shape.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Looking excellent today, against a quality team.

Maybe all those people who bang on about him "only" being about goalscoring might revisit their opinions

Jericholyte2

I don't get why people wouldn't want him back.

Sure he may be starting to 'fade' (if you call overhead kicks in Champions League knockout stages and consistently high scoring in big games for club and country fading), but even a 'fading' Ronaldo is still:

a) one of the best players in the world
b) miles better than anything we have on either wing or no. 9 right now

Keyser

On the commentary

There have been 50 hattricks in the World Cup

Ronaldo has 50 in his career

:eek:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Mas que un jugador

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Every time Ronnie scores a goal in this world cup, Real add another £10 million to the asking price.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Pay his tax money
Pay him all the money.

Keyser

Want him to write Nos Vemos en Manchester on the match ball and give it to DDG

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Good grief. What a player. Yet I still wouldn't want him to sign for us, I have no idea why that is.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Looking excellent today, against a quality team.

Maybe all those people who bang on about him "only" being about goalscoring might revisit their opinions
We won’t because those opinions are based on more than one match. They’re based on years of evidence. If our management is this myopic then we are fecked.

He had a very good match. Dragged Portugal to 1 point. He should be more than enough for Iran and Morocco.

Joseunited

He'll never leave nor will they let him leave Madrid.
I'll hold my hands up and said he wouldn't produce the goods if he came back, well oh yes he would but it makes no difference,he'll be in a Madrid shirt next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.