Cristiano Ronaldo | Real confirm deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We won’t because those opinions are based on more than one match. They’re based on years of evidence. If our management is this myopic then we are fecked.

He had a very good match. Dragged Portugal to 1 point. He should be more than enough for Iran and Morocco.
Yeah he's barely scored or performed well for years..

Let's stick with lingardinho lukaku and the rest

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
He has scored more free kicks than any player playing in Europe in the last 10 years.
Because he takes so many. Apprently that was his 45th free kick in international tournaments and his first goal from one.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
Unbelievable performance. His link up play was superb and he was badly let down by his teammates multiple times. Guedes in particular.

Some genuinely embarrassing comments in this thread. The blind hatred some have for him is incredible. In the GOAT discussion - Impossible player.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Because he takes so many. Apprently that was his 45th free kick in international tournaments and his first goals from one.
The best goalscorers take the most shots, so I can forgive that. The reason why Ronaldo, Messi, Kane etc. score so many goals is because they take the most shots. The biggest knack to goalscoring is working hard and sniffing out chances, not being clinical

Revan

Assumptionman
Because he takes so many. Apprently that was his 45th free kick in international tournaments and his first goal from one.
He takes too many stupid free kicks from impossible positions, but he is also the active player with most goals free kicks and the only one who has scored more than 50.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
The best goalscorers take the most shots, so I can forgive that. The reason why Ronaldo, Messi, Kane etc. score so many goals is because they take the most shots. The biggest knack to goalscoring is working hard and sniffing out chances, not being clinical
No arguing his goal scoring record but there are quite a few players who are better at free kicks than him.

RetroStu

People splurge over pointless luxary buys like Sanchez, but turn their nose up at signing Ronaldo.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
As much as I’d love it, no way will madrid want him to leave now

Unless woody offers to pay his tax bill and he forces a move ;)

GM K

I will plan a brilliant marketing strategy in preparation, pay whatever it takes to buy Ronaldo, and watch him take United back to the top in two seasons. Forget his age, he is like a 27 year old pro player. Forget the cost of getting him. Ed is too brilliant not to turn brand Ronaldo into some serious money. Anyone still doubting this guy must be sipping something interesting.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Was that ever in doubt?
1st page

Lost his pace big time,I don't think he'd do much if he came back to England.It would be an expensive sentimental transfer that we could really do without
Just ludicrous. For me this is Ronaldo's greatest period. To bounce back from Messi's period of dominance with 4 Ballon d'Ors in 5 years is outrageous given the level of competition. Conversations involving Messi and Ronaldo are so dull I almost never pay attention to them but from what I do come across, I don't think people appreciate the kind of history he's creating. It wasn't that long ago when there was a legitimate discussion about which Ronaldo was better. He's totally blown that out of the water with his performances in his 30s alone. The sheer determination he's shown is really incredible.

Just a shame he played so few games alongside Rui Costa and Figo. Would've been a beautiful sight to see them alongside him now. They pulled off a miracle in 2016 but I don't think they have even the slightest chance of success here.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
In this shape there’s no reason to think he won’t play at the next World Cup aged 37
I really wouldn't be surprised to see him pushing 40. Over the last few years he's had a few chronic injuries to battle with though - there's always the risk at that age, a Zlatan-like injury will take him out entirely. Can't see anything else stopping him. I was gutted with his absurd individual success for a few years after he left us but I can't help being delighted for him these days. He's just put so much into it.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I really wouldn't be surprised to see him pushing 40. Over the last few years he's had a few chronic injuries to battle with though - there's always the risk at that age, a Zlatan-like injury will take him out entirely. Can't see anything else stopping him. I was gutted with his absurd individual success for a few years after he left us but I can't help being delighted for him these days. He's just put so much into it.
Utter utter dedication- great role model for kids coming through

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Are referring to posts such as the following?

Lost his pace big time,I don't think he'd do much if he came back to England.It would be an expensive sentimental transfer that we could really do without
I said this in a thread a while back, I don’t want him back for any price. You can point to his numbers but the decline has already started, he’s 33 and can’t go on forever. We really are finally coming to the end of the Ronaldo era. Could you imagine him here anyway? Think he’d melt down in this team trying to get on the end of Valencia’s shin-busters.

And this stuff tonight is pretty embarrassing really. He’s clearly annoyed that he wasn’t the star man and was probably the worst player in a Madrid shirt.
Looks a bit spent to be honest.
Looks like Ronaldo is back to being shite again on the caf-o-meter.
I quoted these posts purely for clarification. There is no hidden agenda here.

Revan

Assumptionman
In this shape there’s no reason to think he won’t play at the next World Cup aged 37
Or at 41. Unlikely, but doable. Giggs and Totti managed to play until they were 40, Ronaldo is more fit than they ever were.

I see him not playing in the next world cup only if Portugal wins this and he retires.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
Are referring to posts such as the following?

I quoted these posts purely for clarification. There is no hidden agenda here.
If you think my post was a criticism of Ronaldo you have it completely wrong. Was highlighting the knee jerk opinions of him on here despite him constantly proving his doubters wrong.

el3mel

What he did for his NT in general is as great as what he did for his clubs. Yeah he's the GOAT.

James Peril

No arguing his goal scoring record but there are quite a few players who are better at free kicks than him.
To put it in another way; would you let anyone else take that free-kick in that moment if your life depended on it? One thing is curling in one against Levante in the league, this is Spain at 2-3 in the World Cup in the 89th minute.

Treble

I get tbe feeling it won’t be a gradual decline but s suffen onset due to his game style and high pace /explosive athleticism. Think same will happen to Bale
Pointless comparison. Bale has suffered many injuries...

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
To put it in another way; would you let anyone else take that free-kick in that moment if your life depended on it? One thing is curling in one against Levante in the league, this is Spain at 2-3 in the World Cup in the 89th minute.
I don't know too much about the other fee kick takers in the Portugal team, but he's the best option for them. Yes he can hit a good free kick but not consistent enough to be considered one of the best at them .

James Peril

If they win the World Cup, and they won’t, he should just retire with pride. There simply wouldn’t be any lame excuses anymore from hipster Maradona/Pele-fans. He would take the World Cup with a much weaker team, in the most competitive era... at 33. Hat-trick against Spain, wow.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
I can't believe that game, fantastic. It still hasn't even sunk in with me tbh just how much of an honour it is to be around while this guy is playing the game, what an absolute privilege.

Status
Not open for further replies.