Cristiano Ronaldo | Real confirm deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
No but this wont have happened in the past 3 weeks, this will have been happening for months.
And so was the Sanchez transfer, do you think we just decided one day that we fancied a bit of Sanchez?

Ronaldo was absolutely not available when we were tipped off for Sanchez which was in December by agents (according to Raiola). There are reports that Madrid offered him about in January for a summer transfer, and Ronaldo didn't like that so he wanted to leave. We most likely had already agreed everything with Sanchez before we got a whiff of Ronaldo.

Orange Tree

Please not United.

He had multiple chances of coming back and never really done it and just used United's name for a bigger contract.
United also don't need another forward who plays from the left.

United Pro

We can go in for him but I dont think he would want to join anyone in the premier league, even us. Its ronaldo, why would he want to go somewhere that he already won everything there is to win? Ronaldo doesnt do something purely sentimental. He goes to push on his legendary status. He won everything there is to win at the biggest club in England, he won everything there is to win at the biggest club in Spain and world and will now aim to do that at the biggest club in Italy. At his age, he knows probably that the Italian league is perfect for him too, and might be able to keep a really high level for another 3 years if not til the next world cup.

Basically, no point losing sleep over us not being in this. He wouldnt want to rejoin us at this stage in his career.
I get what you're saying, but I don't see why he needs to prove himself in a new league. He's clearly proven himself as a player already. In his final few years at the top, I'd have thought he would perhaps prefer to play where he feels the best. Besides, he's always had a soft spot for us. Plus, surely he can "push on his legendary status" by taking us from the "fallen giants" status we have right now to the champions again via derailing Guardiola's almost unbeatable team. I think there's just as much, if not more, credit in achieving that.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Ronaldo's chapter at United is closed. His affection was for SAF, his teammates and the fans.

We have revamped the setup at United, and the coaching staff is completely different. He would never come to a club just because he likes the fans, he also needs the team around him to play the way he wants.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
There's no indication that we're interested yet a bunch of United fans will still wet themselves over a red dot on a tweet.
I know - it's a tad desperate! :lol:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I get what you're saying, but I don't see why he needs to prove himself in a new league. He's clearly proven himself as a player already. In his final few years at the top, I'd have thought he would perhaps prefer to play where he feels the best. Besides, he's always had a soft spot for us. Plus, surely he can "push on his legendary status" by taking us from the "fallen giants" status we have right now to the champions again via derailing Guardiola's almost unbeatable team. I think there's just as much, if not more, credit in achieving that.
Winning the CL and everything in a 3rd league will basically give his legendary status something that he could never do here. If he comes back, yeah its nice for United fans but objectively speaking, does nothing for him. He won everything here. He won the ballon dor here and is already one of our biggest ever legends. Him coming wont elevate him in the footballing world really. Him doing everything at a 3rd historic club would.

Past sentimental reasons, there isnt a single reason why someone like him would want to come back. Not to mention at his age it wouldnt be a smart career move. Plus Juventus are a much better club then we are right now. Plus he didnt get along well with Mourinho when they were together. No reason that he would want to come back.

Smithy_123

He won't come here. Jose would ask him to perform defensive duties, which he simply would never do.

Cezzine

Supports
Real Madrid
Expect Ronaldo's goal tally to go drastically lower in Juventus. He won't have Marcelo, Kross, Modric, Benzema, Carvajal, Vazquez sending giving him 20 assists per game.

As for Madrid, they need to get a killer like Kane (would score the double of goals in Madrid than in the Spurs) that would give them something similar to what Ronaldo gives in the last years that he became more a striker, instead of a player like Neymar that plays more from the wing, Madrid has plenty of players in that position.

Real fans have no shame.

Most spoiled bunch.

I wonder where they'd be now if Ronaldo didn't join them in 2009. Would wager they would have continued to be demolished by Barca.
They would still be the best club in the world, with most UCLs won, twice as Bayern and Barca.

Do you really think that Madrid has won all of this because of Ronaldo??! Madrid has the best squad in the world by far, even without Ronaldo... Marcelo, Ramos, Varane, Carvajal, Casemiro, Modric, Kross, Isco, Bale, Benzema, Asensio, Vazquez, Kovacic, Nacho. Plus others that also helped Madrid to win UCL this years like Xavi Alonso, Pepe, James, Morata, Di Maria, etc.... Really??!! :houllier::lol:

Madrid though as a whole have very little class. Years of their fans booing Ronaldo and now would be happy to sell him at the first chance for a new shiny toy, when he was one of their key players in bringing them 3 CL's in 3 years. He's still probably loved more in Manchester than in Madrid, and that says it all after giving 10 years of his prime there vs 3 with us. They forget they didn't manage to get out of the R16 in the CL for like 5 years straight before Ronaldo went there. Hopefully Ramos, Modric, Marcelo, Benzema etc all hitting the wrong side of 30 takes them down a peg eventually.
Its easy to talk shite when you have no idea of what you are talking about... Real Madrid fans are hard to please, that is true, that level of demand is what makes Madrid so successful. They would never keep in the team players that do not perform top level always.

But Madrid fans booing Ronaldo is not because they are classless, but because every single Madrid fan knows that the club is bigger than any player, but Ronaldo has tried several times (and failed all of them) to prove that he is more important. Ronaldo hasn't been booed in the last 2 years from Madrid's fans, but after his attitude and words after thet last UCL final, you can be sure if he stayed he would be booed again. Thats it.

Its a shame that he will have to learn how big is Madrid when he goes out the club, and he never wins a UCL or a Ballon D'or again, and he stops scoring 1 goal per game.

This turned into a power struggle between Ronaldo and Perez, Perez represents the club and if there's one thing that every Madrid fan believes is that there's noone bigger than the club. So there was no winning for Ronaldo and it turned into a Madrid vs Ronaldo situation with arguments about if it's Ronaldo that needs Madrid more or Madrid that needs Ronaldo more... which don't even matter.

Ronaldo and Madrid fans are the same, both too proud and ambitious but it's mostly a good thing so you can't really blame them. Once he goes and politics are set aside then things will be like they are at any other club.

But meanwhile it's simply weird to see a fanbase losing their best player ever and act like they're not bothered and some even wishing for him to go year after year. Especially since you're talking about the best player in the world...
You've said it before bro, 'no one is bigger than the club'.

Of course the fanbase doesn't likes tomsee him go, but when you try constantly to steal the attention from the club's achievements, specially when they just have made history, just because you had a shite game and no one will talk about you this time just makes it easier.

Btw, Ronaldo is NOT Madrid's best player ever, that is Di Stefano. In fact, he isn't even Madrid's most important player of the team currently, that is Sergio Ramos.

Pele scoring a billion goals in a garbage brazilian league :lol:

Pele is not even top 5 all time.
OMG hahahaha funiest and dumbest comment I've read in the forum... :lol::lol::lol:

Ronaldo has money coming out of his ass and will continue pouring in the sponsorship deals long after he's retired from football.

Do you really think this is about the money? It's about the principle.
Its ALL ABOUT THE MONEY.

Its not that he needs it, thats for sure. But for his enormous ego and pride, it is an insult that the club pays him less much less than what PSG pays Neymar or Barca pays Messi. He is that competitive! So yes, it is the money, but more because of pride and ego, not because he is not rich enough...

He is human after all. Ronaldo has been the only bright spark in an ageing and downhill Madrid squad. You can't expect him to do everything by himself.
Hahahaha really?! So I think Keylor Navas, Varane, Carvajal, Kross, Casemiro, Kovacic, Isco, Asencio, Vazquez, Morata, James, Nacho, Bale, etc... are old and ageing players that can't shine without Ronaldo. For sure!! Also Ordiozola, Theo, Llorente, Mariano and Vinicius as youngsters just can't shine...

Plus Madrid are going to need to overhaul thier squad in the next few years and that is going to be beyond expensive in this market. Getting 88 million for ronaldo now and spending that money wisely is a much better bet then waiting for him to be worth nothing in a few years.
Not really. Florentino has been buying young and cheap players the last 4/5 years just because of that, and now the team is full of great young players.

Of course its hard to replace Madric but that is why they bought Kovacic, for Ramos you have Nacho and Vallejo. For Benzema and Bale you have Isco, Asensio and Vazquez. Yet for Ronaldo they will have to spend a lot and buy Kane or Mbappe... but Madrid hasn't spend almost nothing in the last 3 years, so they can afford it.

I think that's a smart move from Juve and Ronaldo. Juve winning the CL is a matter of time with their performances in recent years. CR7 is the extra step they need to turn it into a reality.

As for him, and just like Zidane, he is leaving at the top ; in addition he'd be the player who made the difference for Juve in the CL, and also the one who won it with three different clubs; not to mention that Juve winning the league is a no brainer, while Madrid losing theirs is to a degree another no brainer.
Its a no brainer that its easier for Madrid to win another UCL than for Ronaldo to win a UCL with Juve. For Ronaldo, just like Messi, its much easier to perform like they do and score like they do when they have players with Madrid and Barca quality.

Make no mistake, Juve IS NOT Real Madrid, and you will start seeing it soon. Just ask Ozil, Di Maria, Alonso, Pepe, Morata, James, etc how much have they won after going out from Madrid...:nono:

United Pro

Winning the CL and everything in a 3rd league will basically give his legendary status something that he could never do here. If he comes back, yeah its nice for United fans but objectively speaking, does nothing for him. He won everything here. He won the ballon dor here and is already one of our biggest ever legends. Him coming wont elevate him in the footballing world really. Him doing everything at a 3rd historic club would.

Past sentimental reasons, there isnt a single reason why someone like him would want to come back. Not to mention at his age it wouldnt be a smart career move. Plus Juventus are a much better club then we are right now. Plus he didnt get along well with Mourinho when they were together. No reason that he would want to come back.
I mentioned in my first comment why taking us back to the top could be reason enough for him to come back. Zlatan felt the same when he joined and even played in the Europa league. We can also offer him better financial terms. Also, in terms of overall squad quality, I don't think Juventus really are that much stronger than us. It's pretty close either way.

Suv666

Hahahaha really?! So I think Keylor Navas, Varane, Carvajal, Kross, Casemiro, Kovacic, Isco, Asencio, Vazquez, Morata, James, Nacho, Bale, etc... are old and ageing players that can't shine without Ronaldo. For sure!! Also Ordiozola, Theo, Llorente, Mariano and Vinicius as youngsters just can't shine...
Mate James and Morata left the club a year ago what are you on about?
Yeah sure they've got big names but have you seen them play in the league? They have been shite. Ronaldo has dragged them this season. Wouldnt have been anywhere near the CL if it wasn't for Ronaldo

Mister_Stubbs

The guy is in the top two players in the world, nobody comes close to him.. I don’t care who we already have in that position, if he is really available then we should go for him. He’d also be Woodward’s wet bloody dream marketing wise.

Sigma

The guy is in the top two players in the world, nobody comes close to him.. I don’t care who we already have in that position, if he is really available then we should go for him. He’d also be Woodward’s wet bloody dream marketing wise.
We can't just keep signing players without having an idea of how they play in our system. We need a right winger. Sanchez/Lukaku play in the Ronaldo position and they are good enough. Maybe not as good as Ronaldo, but he just complicates things.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP

450 is a nice number to end it on. Won't be an easy record to be broken.

@Cezzine you vastly underrate what Ronaldo is if you think it's the players around him that are making him look as good as he does. You talk about the service he gets from Marcelo, Modric, Benzema, etc. but just wait and watch the service he'll get from Pjanic, Douglas Costa, Dybala..

With Ronaldo it's always been the same, he wouldn't look good without Rooney alongside him, then he wouldn't look good without Ozil or Di Maria and now he won't look good without Marcelo and Modric. If you think it's impossible for him to keep scoring once a game then I think you'll be shocked.

He'll end his career with more goals for his country than anyone in football history... while playing for Portugal. He makes the service look better than it is and you'll see it next season when Marcelo, Kroos and Lucas Vasquez get into crossing positions and there will be noone to aim at or noone dragging 2 or 3 defenders away. Madrid have enough money and quality to still be at the top but you vastly underrate Ronaldo's influence on the way this Madrid team works. Plenty will have to change, you won't just get a good striker and play the same way. That won't work.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

@Cezzine you vastly underrate what Ronaldo is if you think it's the players around him that are making him look as good as he does. You talk about the service he gets from Marcelo, Modric, Benzema, etc. but just wait and watch the service he'll get from Pjanic, Douglas Costa, Dybala..

With Ronaldo it's always been the same, he wouldn't look good without Rooney alongside him, then he wouldn't look good without Ozil or Di Maria and now he won't look good without Marcelo and Modric. If you think it's impossible for him to keep scoring once a game then I think you'll be shocked.

He'll end his career with more goals for his country than anyone in football history... while playing for Portugal. He makes the service look better than it is and you'll see it next season when Marcelo, Kroos and Lucas Vasquez get into crossing positions and there will be noone to aim at or noone dragging 2 or 3 defenders away. Madrid have enough money and quality to still be at the top but you vastly underrate Ronaldo's influence on the way this Madrid team works. Plenty will have to change, you won't just get a good striker and play the same way. That won't work.
That's probably the idea, move away from a Ronaldo based team while he still has value which will allow them to reduce the cost of that transition.

Mister_Stubbs

We can't just keep signing players without having an idea of how they play in our system. We need a right winger. Sanchez/Lukaku play in the Ronaldo position and they are good enough. Maybe not as good as Ronaldo, but he just complicates things.
Find a way to play two up top then. I just don’t get this argument that you can turn down the chance to sign the best player player in the world (this year at least) just because you have others in that position who might cause a headache. Could you not set up with Alexis - Lukaku - Ronaldo? Are they not 3 intelligent enough players to make that work?

fezzerUTD

And so was the Sanchez transfer, do you think we just decided one day that we fancied a bit of Sanchez?

Ronaldo was absolutely not available when we were tipped off for Sanchez which was in December by agents (according to Raiola). There are reports that Madrid offered him about in January for a summer transfer, and Ronaldo didn't like that so he wanted to leave. We most likely had already agreed everything with Sanchez before we got a whiff of Ronaldo.
Well I read back early December about Real over the next 2 years would be changing players and staff and having a rebuild, so if I read about it then, I imagine Utd knew about it then as well. And that included Ronaldo being moved on this or the end of next season.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
You mean like he did when playing for Jose during that record breaking season when he won the league?
Quite. I’m really not a Mourinho fan but those kind of posts are infuriating. Real lack of actual knowledge.

Revan

Assumptionman
Doubt he'd come back to us. Ronnie is smart and doing what's right for him. If Juve are willing to pay his wages, he'd choose them over us:

1) He'd walk into a better team than United currently (as much as it pains me to say that)
2) He'd walk into a league that Juve would win, so he'd be concentrating mostly on the CL. The PL is a league where anyone can beat anyone on any given day, he'd have to fight against City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal AND in the CL. In Serie A, he'd have some scant competition from Napoli and Roma and come fully fresh for the business end of the CL
3) Going to Italy would open up a new fanbase to him. Juve are Italy's most supported club, his brand would benefit tremendously from another 30-40 million new customers.
Yes, of course, I agree on all three points. We have some link with him though, and he liked it here, so I think that we should at least try.

Decomposing In Paris

My head knows he'll probably retire at Real, and my eyes have clearly seen that Juve is the only alternative... but my heart still wants him back to retire as the record goal scorer of Real Madrid and Manchester United.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell

This got me thinking: let’s say Ronaldo does leave for Turin, what’s a realistic target for him in terms of goals? Only six players have ever scored 100+ goals in Juventus’ colours (Del Piero, Bonaperti, Bettega, Trezeguet, Sivori and Borel). Surely that’s an achievable goal for a player with such lofty ambitions and an incredible will to succeed. Over the course of four injury-free seasons with 50+ games a season, I wouldn’t bet against him surpassing the 100-goal mark.

Also, has any player ever scored 100+ goals for three top-level clubs before, let alone across three different leagues?

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Well I read back early December about Real over the next 2 years would be changing players and staff and having a rebuild, so if I read about it then, I imagine Utd knew about it then as well. And that included Ronaldo being moved on this or the end of next season.
So you read that Madrid would be changing over the next 2 years and made the leap that Ronaldo of all people would be sold this summer after being paraded in December :confused:

Not Bale who spends half the time on the bench, or Benzema who has a shocking record in the last 2 years. Not to mention that the departure of Zidane could have accelerated this rebuild which was a very sudden development.

Acquire Me

So you read that Madrid would be changing over the next 2 years and made the leap that Ronaldo of all people would be sold this summer :confused:

Not Bale who spends half the time on the bench, or Benzema who has a shocking record in the last 2 years. Not to mention that the departure of Zidane could have accelerated this rebuild which was a very sudden development.
It would be a real achievement tbf. I think his legend would be much bigger if he went home to us. It may not be up to him or us.

Suv666

To all the accountants moaning about the cash involved

breakout67

Supports
Man City
It would be a real achievement tbf. I think his legend would be much bigger if he went home to us. It may not be up to him or us.
He is one of the best players in the world, who is at the tail end of his career. He learnt from Zlatan that it is best for the longevity of your career to take the easiest path to success.

To move to a physical and fast paced league (he knows from first hand experience how rough PL defenders are) to a club that will have to compete with 2-3 other clubs is not a rational decision.

Juventus are the big dogs in their league, and can focus on the CL more. That fits Ronaldo to a tee.

Sanche7

Wow going by that rate, by the time he actually signs for them their stock is going to get doubled in value
A very good time to invest in some stocks

Status
Not open for further replies.