Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
He had a bit of a reputation at City which is why they let him go with no buy back or anything. We'll see but I think he will become a bad one. Hope not for the club's sake because at the moment United are the laughing stock of the football world.
Not really, Ronaldo is.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Tactical. An empty newsweek to fill with drip drip feeds and a two part main show. 6 days of the news cycle.
Also means he doesn't have to face the manager. There's a bit of cowardice in the timing for me, like talking shit in your resignation letter when you didn't say a peep face to face.

Withnail

I don't think he is. He's probably even more respected within the rest of the squad now after all of this.
Yeah true and I did say he gave him more rope. It makes Ronaldo looks worse but on a personal level I'd be pissed at him for claiming he'd been disrespected after giving him the captaincy.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
He clearly was not ill. Not starting = guess I’m ill then.
Let’s be thankful for small mercies, though. We’d have dropped more points with him in the team. Martial came off. Disrespectful ETH would have left Ronaldo on out of pity.

Herman Toothrot

Also means he doesn't have to face the manager. There's a bit of cowardice in the timing for me, like talking shit in your resignation letter when you didn't say a peep face to face.
Pathetic, isn't it? Imagine hero-worshipping a near-40-year-old who can't even look his manager and teammates in the eye? What a coward.

A small, thin-skinned man who is finished as a footballer and will need to dry his reputation out for years to get rid of the smell of piss.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
This is the whole point. For once we get a competent manager and he says he doesn't respect him and throw him under the bus.
I don't care about what he says about his ex team mates. And none here cares either. But it's unacceptable that he said about ETH. He should feck off and should be sacked without any pay.
That's exactly my problem with the interview, I'm glad there's a long break so it doesn't become a distraction.

kaku06

Vulgarian
Yeah just aside from that small bit and the Manchester United disrespect me part, it's all good.
No one said it’s good. But any one getting surprised by the narcissistic attitude of self serving person like him is hilarious. The ten hag bit is sackable offence in itself other than that is just nothing but over reaction on stuff like “ohh look he said he is handsome than Rooney” “he said Gary Neville is not his friend”.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
No one said it’s good. But any one getting surprised by the narcissistic attitude of self serving person like him is hilarious. The ten hag bit is sackable offence in itself other than that is just nothing but over reaction on stuff like “ohh look he said he is handsome than Rooney” “he said Gary Neville is not his friend”.
Who exactly is surprised? People keep making that silly point as if condeming something means that you are surprised by it.

Oldyella

Pathetic, isn't it? Imagine hero-worshipping a near-40-year-old who can't even look his manager and teammates in the eye? What a coward.

A small, thin-skinned man who is finished as a footballer and will need to dry his reputation out for years to get rid of the smell of piss.
Yup. Keane went out similarly, although he slated players rather than manager. But at least he had the balls to attend the meeting where it all came out and said the same to their faces.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I wouldnt read anything into reactions between Bruno, Dalot and Ronaldo. They have a world cup to worry about and they know no matter what Ronaldo will play. They also probably know there is only one winner in the eyes of the Portugese fans if they go against him. Its an impossible situation but in their best interest I think to keep things civil

kaku06

Vulgarian
You missed the point. It's the ETH stuff that means he has to go. The stuff about his ex team mates just confirms he's a fecking tosspot. The stuff about the training facilities is old news and just an attempt at populism.
Of course he has to go. The guy is an egomaniac and a narcissist. The owners are parasites. I don’t care what he says about Rooney and Neville. I want him to torch the owners real bad. It’s temporary problem v permanent one. I want this temporary problem gone but my real concern is the permanent one. He’s not gonna change my opinion on them. They would always be legends of this club. Ronaldo is gone. The fans now should focus on the parasites even more.

Real Name

He had a bit of a reputation at City which is why they let him go with no buy back or anything. We'll see but I think he will become a bad one. Hope not for the club's sake because at the moment United are the laughing stock of the football world.
Oh Jesus, no this again.

Withnail

It's because most of his points are so childish and pathetic. Yes we know he's a narcissist but he's made a complete show of himself here. Most of it is comedy gold because of how thin skinned he is.

The reaction in the main is because he's disrespected the manager and attempted to undermine team morale while trying to get himself out of his contract in an interview with Piers bloody Morgan of all people.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's more comical and sad than surprising.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Going to be awkward as hell for Crisy boy if Portugal get knocked out early and he has to come back and face the ‘disrespectful one’.

TheReligion

Abusive
Think you’ve read that one wrong….

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I think it's worth remembering for all the discussion about Ronaldo and the people he picked out during the interview, his actions have consequences for those around him. He's put his teammates in a difficult place because they are coming back to the club and working under the manager. From his surprised response to Bruno, assuming Bruno's response is about all of this, it seems that he didn't really consider the collateral damage of his actions. Which wouldn't be a surprise.
It’s really a very bad move by Ronaldo, maybe at this point he doesn’t care anymore and just want to let everything out of his chest, even if he had to suffer from all the consequence afterwards.

The way I see, Bruno is the current captain of Man Utd, theres no way he would feel cool about all that. And that might affect their chemistry in WC too, which could only be a bad thing to him.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
It's epic to finally see this idiot being called out as an idiot. Some 18 or 19 years too late...

Status
Not open for further replies.