Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
It's epic to finally see this idiot being called out as an idiot. Some 18 or 19 years too late...
Same with me. Always found it weird how much people on here loved the guy. It was quite clear that he never cared about United. Took the first chance he got to leave. Only came back once no one else wanted him and ever since he’s behaving like the manchild he is. I understand how great he was as a player. But how so many people other than Real fans could actually like the man is beyond me.

Chief123

Tactical. An empty newsweek to fill with drip drip feeds and a two part main show. 6 days of the news cycle.
Definitely tactical. In particular he made sure it came out after our final home game as he knew there would be a backlash from fans. In his head he’s definitely played his last game for Utd.

It would be lovely if we were able to come up against the team he ends up at next!

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Talking about a generation of people that watch Love Island and things like Selling Sunset on Netflix.

Can't say I'm massively surprised by some of the peoples responses.
One of the stupidest takes I've seen in this thread. Silly generalisation, pure confirmation bias on your part.

Pearl.Jam

As if I’d want to sit through 90 minutes of the cvnt and Pierced Organ mentally undressing him, I’ll just wait for the quotes..

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
So Mitten said today Ronaldo thought he was off to Chelsea, apparently he told people at Carrington he was only in for a week then he was joining Chelsea.
I saw someone quote it but without context. Did that happen in August or this month?

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Same with me. Always found it weird how much people on here loved the guy. It was quite clear that he never cared about United. Took the first chance he got to leave. Only came back once no one else wanted him and ever since he’s behaving like the manchild he is. I understand how great he was as a player. But how so many people other than Real fans could actually like the man is beyond me.
Our fans loved him because what he offered on the pitch, caring or not caring about Utd is less relevant, maybe Phil Jones cares a lot about Utd, but honestly what do I care about that.
And I personally didn't like him while at Real, actually I hated the situation of him leaving because I knew back then, we would NEVER have a player like him.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's the virus that should be afraid of catching Piers.
:lol:

I can't sit through any of these Piers Morgan interviews. It's always one cnut interviewing another. I tried watching the Kanye one but gave up 15 mins in. Not watching this either.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
He didn’t say he was better looking, he said he was “looking better” it’s lost in translation (as in ronaldo translating on the fly in Portuguese what he wants to say into English) but the context was talking about Ronaldo still playing and their respective careers (ronaldo/rooney) so his career was/is “looking better” than Rooney’s.

I’m not defending Ronaldo by any means he should leave at the first opportunity, but it’s ridiculous to say that when they’re talking about careers to randomly say that he’s a better looking person. Just doesn’t make sense in the context of the conversation. He’s an egotistical guy but that wasn’t it.

LordSpud

What do we think the snippets tonight will see him having a go at? The main bases have been covered with ETH and the Glazers. Fellow players? More ex players? I dont see how this whole thing can be so "explosive" over 2 hours when the best bits have come out already. I bet its gonna be quite boring in the end.

Tony247

He had a bit of a reputation at City which is why they let him go with no buy back or anything. We'll see but I think he will become a bad one. Hope not for the club's sake because at the moment United are the laughing stock of the football world.
No it's not.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Our fans loved him because what he offered on the pitch, caring or not caring about Utd is less relevant, maybe Phil Jones cares a lot about Utd, but honestly what do I care about that.
And I personally didn't like him while at Real, actually I hated the situation of him leaving because I knew back then, we would NEVER have a player like him.
I have a similar feeling and I definitely have a negative bias when it comes to Ronaldo. At the time I was deeply offended by the fact that he pushed for a more while we were arguably the best team in the world alongside Barcelona. And then I became even more offended when I saw many fans act as if he cared about United, that idea never made any sort of sense when we all witnessed what he did and in which context.

justsomebloke

This is very sad to see some the comments here slating Ronaldo. People have short memories and forget everything he did for this club. He became the best player in the world while he was with us which we have never seen happen with any prem team. Without him we most likely would of never had the success we did back in 2007-2009.

He is frustrated , sure he not the player he once was, he has very high standards and he must be very disappointed to see the club ran in the state It is.

He loves United and he is exposing the glazers, the lack of investment , the lack of sporting project. We needed somebody to do this and expose the glazers for who they are.

This doesn’t look like it going end well but hopefully he does expose the people running our club and we get closer to them selling which we all want.

Whatever happens don’t let this taint your feelings towards Ronaldo.
As far as I'm concerned, the only one he's exposing is himself, his colossal lack of loyalty and professionalism and his gigantic, bloated ego. No one has the right to act in this way towards a club he purports to love, and doing it serves no positive purpose whatsoever for anyone other than himself (and not really for him either, unless the only thing he cares about is securing his speedy exit from the club. But he seems too deluded to understand that.). If he ever gets to put on a United jersey again, it's a complete scandal. What he says about the drift of the club is true enough, but he is himself one of the chief symptoms of the problems he describes.

If he's feeling disrespected now, he should see what happens if he enters Trafford again (whether in a United shirt, or someone else's). Get the prick out, and good riddance to him.

Adrian7

Soo, Ronaldo out, Glazers in ? is that the new trend ?

You realize that if we would not have those absolute clowns running the club, this fecking mess would not have existed ? but here we are.

Ronaldo also not very smart talking about Ten Hag, if he would have done the interview focusing only on the parasites from the board he would have had a statue next day delivered in front of Old Trafford.

PS: He is better looking than Rooney :))))))))))

TheReligion

Abusive
Think that’s a bit silly. It’s quite obvious why he’s been adored at United (and probably still will be in years to come)

Djemba-Djemba

I always assumed Ronaldo fanboys were 14 year olds who'd watch football by looking at clips on TikTok and posting memes on twitter.

It's insane to see adults, actual old people acting as pathetic fanboys defending everything he says and worshipping him.

Tyzer85

Ronaldo shouldn't play for United again, he has shown everyone what he is - a deluded tool past his prime.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I always assumed Ronaldo fanboys were 14 year olds who'd watch football by looking at clips on TikTok and posting memes on twitter.

It's insane to see adults, actual old people acting as pathetic fanboys defending everything he says and worshipping him.
The best part about this is the hole he's dug for himself and those fanboys. They can continue living in their weirdo echo chamber of thoughts only their Ronnie likes to hear. Just, like, enjoy doing it merrily after he gets chucked out of the door of this great football club. Good riddance.

space

So happy we will finally be rid of this version of Ronaldo and all his fanboys - it will be such a massive annoyance off this club. Ronny gave me some of my best memories as a United fan, but the club always comes first, and this second stint has been a disaster. ETH is the way forward. That interview is nothing but a circle-jerk and frankly I find it hard to watch it's so cringe. Oh and feck the Glazers too.

Foxbatt

Don't include me in this. I have always been a Manchester United fan and once he fecked off to Real I didn't care about him at all. I am sure there are millions of Manchester United fans who feels the same. Support the club and not a particular player. He did feck all this season apart from undermining the best manager we got after SAF. He can feck off again. Or he should feck off again.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
So do we reckon CR has been holding back performance wise so that he can throw everything at this WC, his last hurrah? Or is he genuinely done at the top level?

Status
Not open for further replies.