Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberman

What sticks out more is how poor we are at take-ons with the likes of Antony, Sancho, Garnacho and Rashford in the side.
Ten Hag has said he doesn’t like take ons or dribbles due to how teams set up these days. Dribbling doesn’t get you the space it did 15 years ago, you’re just engaged in another press or are tactically fouled anyway

LordSpud

I can see this 2 hour interview is just going to have about 5 or 10 mins of actual "shocking" stuff. The rest of it is just him and Piers having a chat about life and stuff. Good effort by Piers Morgan to make a song and dance out of it though.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
The numbers don't lie and they spell disaster for you, Cristiano. You add Ten Hag to the mix and your chances of winning drastic go down.
See, you got a 33 1/3 chance of winning with cristiano, but United got a 66 and 2/3 chance of winning, because Ten Hag KNOWS cristiano aint shit he's not even gonna try!

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Morgan saying earlier more bombshell admissions coming at 10pm and it’s a guy grieving about his dead son. He really is a colossal shit to sensationalise that.
Was PM the guy who had a dying girls phone hacked?

Last edited:

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Ten Hag has said he doesn’t like take ons or dribbles due to how teams set up these days. Dribbling doesn’t get you the space it did 15 years ago, you’re just engaged in another press or are tactically fouled anyway
Must have missed this, what a shame. We could be more exciting (and infuriating) to watch with more dribbling in play

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
That is all PR. As if any major Portuguese footballing newspaper would criticize Ronaldo. They know who their readers are.

I highly doubt most players "back him". Specially his United team-mates. They just have absolutely nothing to gain from going against him, why would they would otherwise.

He'll be flailing his arms all mad 5 minutes into the first game at the first failed pass to him in the box. This will be just like South Africa. He's no captain.
Ahh yes South Africa where the tactic under Queiroz was 9 men behind the ball and Ronaldo up top.

No Captain? Go ask that that to the 2016 team in the penalty shoot out vs Poland or in the final vs France or vs Hungary or vs Ibra’s sweden in 2014 or in 2014 when he played injured and many many more examples.

Your really showing your blue and white colors of that team in the north right now.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Can you read body language and the fact English is not his main language ?

He said

“They didn’t believe me”

Then piers said “they didn’t believe you?”

And he said “they did but..*then he makes a clear facial gesture” before sayijrb”I’m never going to put football over my family health”

From the way he said it and his facial expressions about it it seems they granted him the time off but didn’t think he was telling the truth due to the transfer speculation at the time which they certainly believed was the real reason.

If you just read quotes without watching the interview you can’t see his clear body language when he says “they did but didn’t “ meaning they doubted him

Which he rightfully and correctly should find disrespectful after he literally had just lost a child at the time and now the other was sick.

I get you lot want too be right and he’s the villain right now so he’s automatically wrong. My only issue SO FAR with this interview personably is the timing.
I agree with your interpretation here but I think he’s being ridiculous to take offence at what happened. He was very clearly looking for a move at the time, so it was obviously going to look suspicious when he chose to skip pre-season, even if he did have a legitimate reason. That was unfortunate but any rational person would see the club’s point of view and not seek to take offence. Especially when they didn’t directly challenge him.

He’s throwing his toys out of the pram because he wanted them to not only accept his excuse without question but also to not even give a hint of the utterly reasonable doubts they must have had because of the timing and context of his actions. Which is pure prima donna behaviour. Completely self-absorbed. Not giving a shit about what anyone else’s concerns or priorities might be at the time.

cyberman

Must have missed this, what a shame. We could be more exciting (and infuriating) to watch with more dribbling in play
He loves overloads which tells me Sancho does have a future here but I do love a good flying winger if I had a choice

SportingCP96

Supports
I agree with your interpretation here but I think he’s being ridiculous to take offence at what happened. He was very clearly looking for a move at the time, so it was obviously going to look suspicious when he chose to skip pre-season, even if he did have a legitimate reason. That was unfortunate but any rational person would see the club’s point of view and not seek to take offence. Especially when they didn’t directly challenge him.

He’s throwing his toys out of the pram because he wanted them to not only accept his excuse without question but also to not even give a hint of the utterly reasonable doubts they must have had because of the timing and context of his actions. Which is pure prima donna behaviour. Completely self-absorbed. Not giving a shit about what anyone else’s concerns or priorities might be at the time.
Transfer speculations or not to think that he would “lie” or use his 3 month old child as an excuse to not come into work after he just lost one is outright disrespectful not just to Ronaldo but any player. As a father has every right to feel disrespected about someone doubting his child being sick.

Maybe any other time its “ok” but after he just lost a child? Really bad taste to doubt something very close to home

MUFC OK

What was the 10pm comment then?
His infant son dying being me of the worst moments of his life. Which no one has an issue with.

but many still sympathise with the club for doubting his intentions him when his 3 month of daughter was subsequently hospitalised just a few month later.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Jesus, mate. Speak for yourself.

Ronaldo is an utter cnut. Which is a bit of a shame, but we all knew it well before this.

We're not in shock here, we're just commenting on the obvious fact that he's a cnut - which is what you do when an obvious cnut does something obviously cnutish.

You belong to a subset of United fans who have treated Ronaldo as if he were Cantona or Charlton. You don't represent the rest of us.
I like how you Cuntified your statement :lol:

Fully Fledged

His infant son dying being me of the worst moments of his life. Which no one has an issue with.

but many still sympathise with the club for doubting his intentions him when his 3 month of daughter was subsequently hospitalised just a few month later.
Did the club stop him having as long as he wanted off?

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Your really showing your blue and white colors of that team in the north right now.
Blue and white colours? I haven't watched a football game in 5 years. And what does that have to do with anything? I got it wrong as I meant Brazil and his on pitch attitude, when things weren't going well - he was half injured at the time.

Ronaldo is a colossal idiot, people don't like working with idiots.

You don't need to care about football to know that.

alexthelion

Transfer speculations or not to think that he would “lie” or use his 3 month old child as an excuse to not come into work after he just lost one is outright disrespectful not just to Ronaldo but any player. As a father has every right to feel disrespected about someone doubting his child being sick.

Maybe any other time its “ok” but after he just lost a child? Really bad taste to doubt something very close to home
So disrespected he was given the summer off.

The really bad taste is him trying to weaponise his children. Having lost a child, I find that a terrible thing to do.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I think he’ll be a totally different animal for Portugal in the WC. Knowing Utds luck Portugal will somehow end up going all the way while we will be in the process of letting him go for nothing, while paying him a stack of money to do so. I can’t wait for him to leave United and for us to get someone who is on the up, The drama is nowhere near worth it anymore. He’s been terrible for us this season and clearly a disruption behind the scenes.

SportingCP96

Supports
Blue and white colours? I haven't watched a football game in 5 years. And what does that have to do with anything?

Ronaldo is a colossal idiot, people don't like working with idiots.

You don't need to care about football to know that.

You're just clueless in general.
You said he’s not a captain yet in our biggest conquest as a country that proves your point null and void. Go ask Moutinho or any player in that squad who was the leader of that pack.

Not a captain my arse.

cyberman

Do you really think ten Hag wants him to stay?
No but that’s what I’m saying. If Ronaldo is going scorched earth then there is nothing Ten Hag can do to stop him. It’s not about handling a live grenade, it simply isn’t possible

SportingCP96

Supports
So disrespected he was given the summer off.

The really bad taste is him trying to weaponise his children. Having lost a child, I find that a terrible thing to do.
Of course he was given the summer off. United would be looked at all kind of ways if they didn’t in a situation like that and that’s not good for business.

As most thing what’s said in public and what the feeling is in private is very different. In public they can paint the prettiest picture ever.

Politics is no different.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
You said he’s not a captain yet in our biggest conquest as a country that proves your point null and void. Go ask Moutinho or any player in that squad who was the leader of that pack.

Not a captain my arse.
I am sorry for the last sentence.

Withnail

I think they did but seen a few saying ‘you can’t blame the club for being suspicious after the transfer request’. :nono:
You can't be serious. Any employer would be a small bit suspicious of your motives in that situation. It's not a good look from Ronaldo claiming compassionate leave while his agent hawks him around Europe. However, they still gave him the time off and backed him up in statements to the media.

The only reason we have to believe that they didn't believe him is Ronaldo saying they believed me but they didn't believe me which is just a weird thing to say and not exactly conclusive.

SouthMancRed

Cheimoon's Fault
I can see this 2 hour interview is just going to have about 5 or 10 mins of actual "shocking" stuff. The rest of it is just him and Piers having a chat about life and stuff. Good effort by Piers Morgan to make a song and dance out of it though.
Yep. It was shaping up like that after the initial splurge. Surprised an experienced media guy like Morgan would play his full hand straight away though even if it's basically all he's got. He's surely held something supposedly sensational back for the second programme otherwise everyone will bodyswerve it after a 98% bland first part.

Reactions: Cheimoon
Status
Not open for further replies.