Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Exactly. It seems that the only argument from anyone pro-Ronaldo is that he is a legend and should be treated differently to any other footballer. It’s utter nonsense and makes zero sense, especially for a team trying to climb back up the ladder.
I don't think the argument is nonsense. A legendary player, one that can change you games does deserve special treatment.

The thing is he did get that treatment and just has not performed at all. Now he is annoyed he isn't performing well and lashing out at the club and manager.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
If only retired Real Madrid players could instead use their legendary tapping-up skills to lure him into retirement with them.

ash_86

I don't think the argument is nonsense. A legendary player, one that can change you games does deserve special treatment.

The thing is he did get that treatment and just has not performed at all. Now he is annoyed he isn't performing well and lashing out at the club and manager.
Exactly. Let's not pretend he didn't get special treatment. In Ajax ETH froze out and sold the guy who did exactly what Ronaldo did (refusing to sub in ).

Greck

I’m #CR7OUT so don’t get me wrong, but stats have to understood in context. Fine, Ronaldo scored his 18 PL goals in only 4 matches or whatever is alleged here and thus is subject to severe criticism, but how many goals did Rashford, Martial and Sancho score…combined? I’m pretty sure it was less than 18.

So instead of arguing that Ronaldo was our best outfield player last season, which some people refuse to acknowledge, can we at least agree that Ronaldo was our least shite player last season?
That's the point, it's not a good thing, it's a consolation for only Ronaldo. The same thing that happens this season. The one week he plays everyone's performance dips and it's directly because we center our play around the most predictable pass in football for all of 90 minutes. Going early direct to Ronaldo the way he wants is a dumb strategy that comes at the cost of functionality. In final phases Ronaldo is so static in the channels he's willing to run and barely strays from central congested zones. A lot of this would be fixed if he just played ETH's system but he's out there insisting on only playing for the shortest route to goal.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The sooner this shit stain goes the better.
Ideally this would get sorted before we resume the PL but sadly I don't see it happening. It'll drag on being this fecking mass of turd hanging over our season

Grande

That's the point, it's not a good thing, it's a consolation for only Ronaldo. The same thing that happens this season. The one week he plays everyone's performance dips and it's directly because we center our play around the most predictable pass in football for all of 90 minutes. Going early direct to Ronaldo the way he wants is a dumb strategy that comes at the cost of functionality. In final phases Ronaldo is so static in the channels he's willing to run and barely strays from central congested zones. A lot of this would be fixed if he just played ETH's system but he's out there insisting on only playing for the shortest route to goal.
Well, the point you make is understandable, but does it really connect well with the truth? This season, it does, but last season, I remember it was a hypothesis bandied about that simply wasn’t borne out. United didn’t play better without Ronaldo last season. This season, certainly, but last season, no, not really.

There is another hypothesis that his presence undermined our team spirit etc, which is possible but difficult to prove. But actually playing? I remember how we played against Wolves before hearrived, and I remember hoping later we would play better when he wasn’t playing, it just never materialized.

alpargatachina2020

Are the Ronolad fanbois the same ones who defended Lukaku and his similarly padded stats? What’s the Venn diagram look like?
Why the United history with big names last years allways ends bad?

Louis van Gaal, left the club and said bad things about it.
Mourinho, left the club and said bad things about it.
Alexis Sánchez, left the club and said bad things about it.
Di María, left the club and said bad things about it.
Ibrahimovic, left the club and said bad things about it.
Lukaku, left the club and said bad things about it.
Pogba, left the club and said bad thing about it.
CR7, left the club and said bad things about it.

Are you noticing a pattern here? Maybe its not all the players fault, maybe there are huge problems to solve in the club.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
There is no room for crap like that at RM, they push the club not individuals
That’s what I was implying, of course. I wish retired Real Madrid players could use their legendary “club-pushing-and-not-actually-tapping-up-crap-no-siree-bob-but-which-ignoramuses-like-me-call-tapping-up” skills to convince him to join Retirement Madrid. If they could convince him of that, they would really be doing us a solid.

Greck

Well, the point you make is understandable, but does it really connect well with the truth? This season, it does, but last season, I remember it was a hypothesis bandied about that simply wasn’t borne out. United didn’t play better without Ronaldo last season. This season, certainly, but last season, no, not really.

There is another hypothesis that his presence undermined our team spirit etc, which is possible but difficult to prove. But actually playing? I remember how we played against Wolves before hearrived, and I remember hoping later we would play better when he wasn’t playing, it just never materialized.
I think you already know that no one said United played better without him last season on the basis of only last season, rather that we did so relative to the season before he arrived (and now the present one). Where there has been a large enough sample it's been apparent we have fared okay or better without.

Last edited:

Mayhem

He will end up having no club in January instead of accepting a sub/squad player role at Utd. Like Neville said, in a few years he will regret the interview and antics the last few months.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
It's petty, but I'd love for him to be forced into retirement after getting sacked.

Revaulx

This is fair.

It’s blatantly obvious this season that our attack is massively more fluid and hard working if Ronaldo isn’t playing. Last season, despite obvious deficiencies in his game (total lack of effort off the ball) we were crap in attack without him as well.

Of course there might be other factors involved. For one reason or another, Rashford was shockingly off form last season and his workrate was abysmal. Ronaldo’s fault? Hardly, though carrying a player who thinks it’s beneath him to work on behalf of the team is not exactly helpful.

Wing Attack Plan R

Are you noticing a pattern here? Maybe its not all the players fault, maybe there are huge problems to solve in the club.
You’re Charlie Day and I claim my $5.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
That’s what I was implying, of course. I wish retired Real Madrid players could use their legendary “club-pushing-and-not-actually-tapping-up-crap-no-siree-bob-but-which-ignoramuses-like-me-call-tapping-up” skills to convince him to join Retirement Madrid. If they could convince him of that, they would really be doing us a solid.
I got that, but that is reserved for our club and biased ex-players unfortunately

Real Name

I see a pattern. A pattern of posters which go into 'I'm not a Ronaldo fan but' category.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
All of this is only going to make the meltdown even more epic if he doesn’t score in the World Cup. And God help any Portugal player who puts the result before him scoring when they’re 1-0 up and trying to protect the lead.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
All of this is only going to make the meltdown even more epic if he doesn’t score in the World Cup. And God help any Portugal player who puts the result before him scoring when they’re 1-0 up and trying to protect the lead.
Were probably going to see Felix beat 5 players only to roll the ball sideways for Ronaldo to tap it in and celebrate like he's a one man team.

Woodzy

Would be funny if we sacked him and still no club in Europe takes him on a free in January
I think if he is sacked a lot more clubs will at least enquire about him, most of them outside of the top 4 in their respective leagues but i'm sure it would happen because it would mean the finances involved in a deal for him will be far less. It's going to be an interested situtation, because Ronaldo won't hold the cards any longer and most clubs aren't going to match huge salaries so it will be a case of taking a pay cut or going to one of the big money clubs outside of Europe.

I can't think of a club in Europe off the top my head though, his options are limited regardless. Maybe if Newcastle were stupid enough to disrupt their good run they could take a punt.

Mayhem

The reason why no one will touch him after this is simple and has nothing to do with finances. In the interview he made it clear that being a sub is seen as a provocation and disrespect from the manager. No one in their right mind would want such a presence in the dressing room, especially since he's not delivering on the pitch anymore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.