g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

In Rainbows

ETH should go public and offer him "mutual termination" put the ball in his court and make him forgo 500k / week
He doesn't even need to do that. The fact that Ronaldo hasn't gotten any offers proves he doesn't want to take a paycut, because a transfer has nothing to do with United and his wages. If the other club talked with Ronaldo and he was able to take less wages, they would put in a bid to United.

That they didn't proves either he is for the money or that the other clubs don't want him even with smaller wages. ETH just needs to say no club submitted any bid for him.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Out of all the journalists in the country, why Piers Morgan? There are more credible options surely who would attempt to provide a more nuanced view of the situation if he wanted a platform to tell his side of the story.

Why get your story told by the king of click bait?

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Out of all the journalists in the country, why Piers Morgan? There are more credible options surely who would attempt to provide a more nuanced view of the situation if he wanted a platform to tell his side of the story.

Piers Morgan likes him, thats why, very simple.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Once we wipe off the spit that he poured over all of United, and hopefully kick his ass out of the club, this is actually beneficiial for United as it forces the decision about him.

There is no way he can play for us after this shit and therefore Glazers have to buy us a striker we so desperately needed anyway, in January

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
I may get blasted for this but United would have been a better team if Messi somehow joined them last season onward instead of Ronaldo
Blast you! Il Capitano at 46 would have been a better signing!

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.

Because that is who Ronaldo gave interview to. Piers Morgan and Jordan Peterson are the kind of people Ronaldo is friendly with

SAFMUTD

The only thing about this that gives me hope is that there's no way back into the team for him.

He can absolutely feck off, all the respect and admiration I had for him went to shit this last semester. A poor poor fecker with a huge ego problem. Hopefully he never plays for us again.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Should stop letting Ole live in your head rent free. Every time I see your post, it’s always in some way about him.
The damage the smiling clown caused is felt to this very day and in years to come

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
He's gone lost his damn mind. Not only has he burnt all bridges at a club he claims to love. He has empowered all his career critics who have labelled him selfish, egotistical and unprofessional all career long. Talk of pressing the self destruct button. Instead of clearing the air he has permanently stained himself. If the United board have sense he should be cut loose quick like Keane was after his faux pas.

JustKatie

Two or three players don't want you here Ronaldo? That's okay, you can add a few million fans to that too.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion

Because he paid the most

Strelok

Once we wipe off the spit that he poured over all of United, and hopefully kick his ass out of the club, this is actually beneficiial for United as it forces the decision about him.

There is no way he can play for us after this shit and therefore Glazers have to buy us a striker we so desperately needed anyway, in January
Agree he simply is trying his best to get his contract terminated.

Imo after the previous tantrum he had a chat with ETH where he was promised a run of games to prove himself. ETH kept his words and gave him 4 full games. Problem is he was utterly shit in these 4 games. Then he's dropped or 'ill'. So here we're again.

I'd noticed his ex teammates and 'friends' in the media and 'fans' have been relatively quiet the last few weeks. Imo because he got what he wanted so the paid PR campain could stop a bit. Now he doesn't get what he wants they'll be out full forces with their nonsenses again I reckon.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If you are putting so much weight on what Ronaldo said, then why are you ignoring what EtH said. He said he is looking forward to work with Ronaldo and he is one of the best goalscorer, so every coach wants to work with Ronaldo, something like that.
You know why.

Rolaholic

Pretty much, everyone associated to or following United closely know how deep the rot runs at the top.

The main plus to this sideshow is that it should do more good than harm as it builds even more pressure on the Glazers and likely bookends an up and down short return to the club for that primadonna. Hopefully we actively look to replace him in January on top of either exiling him from the squad or shredding his contract

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I assume he must know this is the end for him at United and it was deliberate to accelerate his exit? Assuming anyone wants to sign him of course.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Ronaldo has some serious personal issues, and he should keep that private, but he can't, cause he always needs the attention.

Ten Haag shouldn't play him again for the reminder of the season, ship him out in January if he can.

I would say sad end to his career, but he caused it himself, no one would really care if he was finished and just handled it with dignity.
That's the biggest problem. He has absolutely no self awareness whatsoever. He has been anything but respectful towards this football club these last 8 months and yet comes across as needing us to lay down the red carpet for him. This is all for his image and ego alone. feck the club and the players / staff. This discussion or viewpoint being expressed could have been done privately if he indeed respected the club.

Anyway I'm glad we have a manager who isn't giving in to the diva.

RedDevil@84

Does this mean that his knobhead agent has finally managed to find a club that will take him in?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
It's amazing when you think about it. Just how fecking greedy and ungrateful some of the human beings are.
Imagine getting paid 1 million every two weeks and still complaining to the public as if you're some sort of mythical being that can never do wrong and your employer should be grateful for the opportunity to pay you that much. All while you're almost 40 playing in a tough league designed for 21-30 years old.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It’s good for everyone that he came out and did this. Proved that he’s a massive cnut, proved to the ex players that he thinks he is bigger than the club when they constantly bang on about nobody being bigger than United etc.
I honestly think it will change the mind of a few. His hardcore fanbois would find ways to justify the injustifiable still.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
This is honestly the best thing to happen to Manchester United, because now there is absolutely zero reason to even entertain this talking idiot, because he really is an idiot....this is not an intelligent athlete by any means, that's easy enough to tell if anybody can handle even listening more than a few minutes of any interview he does, and now he's completely taken himself out of having any chance of playing for the team ever again. This makes ETH's job that much easier, it phases out CR7 completely, and now the manager can put this behind him and focus on building the team he wants.

Rolaholic

Going at Rooney who sacrificed a lot during his career to accommodate for him is nuts. Reeks of an utterly disrespectful and unaware person

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Also Piers Morgan smells like mung beans and you can't tell me otherwise. This guy made a living by being a spy (and a shit one at that) and it wouldn't surprise me after he's finished getting all them money and attention, he turns back against Ronaldo when Ronaldo is completely done as a football player for yet another money and attention.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
It’s also not beyond the realms of possibility that Ronaldo is having a mental breakdown given the recent events that have transpired in his personal life. Hence the targeted outburst. What he did will tarnish his reputation and rightly so but perhaps there is more to it.

He will be castigated by the fans and media and that’s justified, but even the rich and famous are susceptible to mental breakdowns. I’m trying to adopt a compassionate view here but I’ll admit it’s not easy.

kps88

Part of it is obviously ego, but I also think he's gone public to ensure he definitely leaves in January. We weren't desperate to get rid in the summer but we will be now, even if it means us paying a part of his wages for a short loan.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
It’s also not beyond the realms of possibility that Ronaldo is having a mental breakdown given the recent events that have transpired in his personal life. Hence the targeted outburst. What he did will tarnish his reputation and rightly so but perhaps there is more to it.

He will be castigated by the fans and media and that’s justified, but even the rich and famous are susceptible to mental breakdowns. I’m trying to adopt a compassionate view here but I’ll admit it’s not easy.
His mental breakdowns wouldn't have never happened or at least not to this level if we're still in the champions league and he's the main man who scores goals, playing every week with his team mates feeding him chances after chances and the manager praising him all the time.

His personal issues affect him, of course they do, but he is mainly fueled by goals obsession and narcissism. It's not a secret anymore at this point, everyone knows he's a big baby when things don't go his way. The difference is he is no longer good enough to be the main man. The baby never grows up despite being a grandpa in football years.

MinGin

Good, this statement is an nofficial statement that he will leave in Jan and never come back. Thanks and we will find a new CF next transfer window.

Ibi Dreams

He's always been like this though. Nobody is surprised. We ignored it or laughed at it before because he was so good or because it wasn't at our club, but it's nothing new for him to be petty, childish and egotistical

joi_division

Supports
AS Roma
I think a lot of the posts are hypocritical considering all he’s doing in the interview is criticising UTD which is what all of us ever do on the Caf. Piers Morgan is his Caf and he’s entitled to it imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.