Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
It's a common tactic to give an opinion more weight. E.g. if you have an opinion that you need to push you need to add credibility to a claim so you find a figure or group to support your claim.

Obviously every fan "thinks" that United should be at the top of the pile, but a lot of the interview is just shit. It's a form of blame shifting to try and distract people from what is really happening.

The agenda is Ronaldo is a victim, and ETH has no respect for him [if only he would respect me then I would respect him back]. Then he's trying to bargain about the club standards and facilities which isn't the what the whole interview is about, it's about his shitty behaviour but as a narcy individual he needs to gaslight and bring people around to his thinking.

Every single fan and pundit knows about the under investment into the club. Neville even says about the roof of OT in every interview about the Glazers.

It's not about the facilities, it's about him having a huge drop off physically, being a passenger on the field and not even being in the top 100 players in World Football anymore.

He can start a radio show or do whatever he likes, it's not going to get him any closer to a trophy.

Ronaldo is actually screwing himself in this interview because no top club will want him.
ETH was obviously supposed to kiss Ronaldo's feet everytime he enters a room.

cyberman

He has a pop at him a few days ago too. We also know this interview is more recent than that because he literally talks about spurs and not apologising to ETH.
Spurs was also around 4 weeks ago though so not far apart from each other. Feels like 50 games ago

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
But why would you be so angry at him now, when he's been at it for the last 3-4 months already?

Why the uproar now :lol:

Its been coming. Even the blind could see it.
Because he publicly attacked the manager in an interview with Piers Morgan. Did you miss the whole point of this thread?

Greck

I do but it's just going round in circles now, everything that can be said has been said and I just can't help thinking so much of the outrage here is just fake outrage from people who are really delighted they can now insult him more
That's a you problem. The article hasn't even been up 24 hours.

Judas

Open to offers
What’s most annoying by this whole saga is attention should have been on a potentially iconic moment in our clubs history with the arrival of a potential superstar. Yet no one is talking about Garnacho’s moment. Just all about this spanner.
Oddly might be a blessing, keeps his feet on the ground and doesn’t get overloaded with attention.

phelans shorts

What? He’s doing a 90 minute interview whilst unable to attend work. Look up Chris Evans getting sacked from virgin.
Irrelevant. If you can’t prove that he’s not ill then it’s unfair dismissal. There’s lots of illnesses that would stop you being a top level footballer but not stop you sitting on a couch and partaking in an editable interview.

Lee565

Ronaldo is the player version of mourinho where fanboys cling onto how good they were in the past and un denial that they are past it

DevilRed

Because he publicly attacked the manager in an interview with Piers Morgan. Did you miss the whole point of this thread?
Yes because prior to the interview he was so respectful to the club and manager? You're telling me you weren't angry before then? Or that you didn't see this coming?

Read between the lines. This is him burning bridges and forcing a move in January. Nothing more nothing less. Why else would the timing of this interview be when he has flown to qatar or portugal?

For many of us we're already past the stage of anger. For me personally the last straw was him leaving before full time against spurs. That had my blood boiling.

We just want to see him gone and for the club and squad to move on.

Hughes35

I love Ronaldo and that just makes this all the more disappointing.

Odd move for a player with such following. If you were another club looking at taking him, why would you after this.

He is no longer worth the circus that comes with him.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Irrelevant. If you can’t prove that he’s not ill then it’s unfair dismissal. There’s lots of illnesses that would stop you being a top level footballer but not stop you sitting on a couch and partaking in an editable interview.
He also hasn’t turned up to the training ground. He hasn’t been seen since is the quote. So what illnesses stop you driving to Carrington but don’t stop you driving to a TV studio?

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Hopefully it’s a one year deal, with a large wage hike and then an option, which the player has control over, regarding naming rights for OT
Think a lifetime contract would be more deserved at this stage, at least 1 million a week basic, then 100k per goal as a minimum. He should also play every game he wants to and if he wants CL football and we cant offer that then we let him go on loan to any team he wants to and happily pay his wage. Its the only logical thing to do.

Chief123

But why would you be so angry at him now, when he's been at it for the last 3-4 months already?

Why the uproar now :lol:

Its been coming. Even the blind could see it.
He’s not said a thing in the last 3-4 months. His behaviour has been poor, but this is the first time he’s spoken in public about the situation. Bit stupid if you are really struggling to see why there is an uproar.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Yes because prior to the interview he was so respectful to the club and manager?

Read between the lines. This is him burning bridges and forcing a move in January. Nothing more nothing less.

For many of us we're already past the stage of anger. For me personally the last straw was him leaving before full time against spurs. That had my blood boiling.

We just want to see him gone and for the club and squad to move on.
What is your point? People shouldn't react to his public attack on the manager? I think they can if they like.

There is no need to read between the lines. People know what it is.

For me it was his exit last time that confirmed who he was. He's always been a twat, but the performative nature of this is pretty spectacular even for a total dick like him

lex talionis

I can’t go back and read 57 pages of posts, but I’m pretty sure 99% of the posts here condemn these remarks by Ronaldo, a condemnation which I completely agree with.

Yes of course we should have sold or given Ronaldo away in the summer, but I am not aware of a single CL club who wanted Ronaldo at the wages he was on. If that’s true, it was up to Ronaldo to drop his wage demand so that a lower tier CL would take a punt on him.

But for the record, these quotes by Ronaldo are completely out of order and he cannot lace up his boots for United again.

phelans shorts

He also hasn’t turned up to the training ground. He hasn’t been seen since is the quote. So what illnesses stop you driving to Carrington but don’t stop you driving to a TV studio?
A tv studio? That looks like a house to me. Probably Ronaldo’s house but I can’t say that for certain.

The obvious answer to what illness can cause you to be unable to perform but able to give a long form interview that can be edited is diarrhoea. Throwing up regularly also fits.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
The timing was planned. Piers Morgan confirmed it already on TalkSPORT this morning. He said Ronaldo wanted it released just before leaving for the World Cup.

This was the “I will speak soon” event Ronaldo was harping on about.
The fact he might be destabilising his international side as well. Every press conference their manager will be asked about Ronaldo and if he doesn't perform he will probably blame United as he is up Ronaldo's backside as much as his other fanboys.

Skåre Willoch

How much can we legally fine him for this behavior? Can we suspend him indefinitely without pay - or would that be the same as terminating his contract?

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
A tv studio? That looks like a house to me. Probably Ronaldo’s house but I can’t say that for certain.

The obvious answer to what illness can cause you to be unable to perform but able to give a long form interview that can be edited is diarrhoea. Throwing up regularly also fits.
Yea. People with diarrhoea who are regularly throwing up constantly do 90 minute TV interviews :wenger:

Foxbatt

He should be suspended until he goes away. The club should announce it once they see the interview.
I really hope that Portugal loses early and he goes away from the WC without a goal.

DevilRed

What is your point? People shouldn't react to his public attack on the manager? I think they can if they like.

There is no need to read between the lines. People know what it is.

For me it was his exit last time that confirmed who he was. He's always been a twat, but the performative nature of this is pretty spectacular even for a total dick like him
I thought the slavery thing was far worse and just disrespectful on all levels.

Speako

He throws his toys out at ETH's tough stance and management, proving that we have the right manager in place. He publicy attacks the Glazers against their lack of ambition, structure and investment. He gives the manager the perfect excuse not to pick him. He gives United an open door to clear him out less a massive severance payout. He confirms the need for a replacement striker. He continues to make Morgan look a complete cnut.

What's not to like.

Greck

Odd move for a player with such following. If you were another club looking at taking him, why would you after this.

He is no longer worth the circus that comes with him.
Is it really that odd of a move for a guy who's living in a bubble? Everything we've seen this season has shown a player who is sure he's in the right in feeling disrespected. His friends back him, the media use him to have a go at the manager, even his social media following have him reassured. Then his transgressions are so quickly forgiven he basically never faces consequences for too long.

On the plus side we finally got that tell all interview he promised so at least he honored his promise to be a distraction.

Chief123

The fact he might be destabilising his international side as well. Every press conference their manager will be asked about Ronaldo and if he doesn't perform he will probably blame United as he is up Ronaldo's backside as much as his other fanboys.
I’m genuinely looking forward to Ronaldo getting a rude awakening at the World Cup and realising he can’t compete at the top level anymore. I never thought I’d enjoy watching his demise which is a shame.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
Should've gone to City with that kind of toxicity. They'd be a few points off the top of the table and the dressing room spirit in ruins.
I don't think he was ever going to City. Pep is too smart to sign an old striker for a top PL club. IMO the City thing was made up (maybe there was contact to make it seem real). Then, SAF and Utd office fell for it and signed him in a panic.

With ETH in control, I'm hoping that was the last of our really bad signings that we have done in the past 10 years.

MrEleson

He was told on Thursday that he wouldn't be starting against Fulham but would be part of the squad. Then all of a sudden he's ill on the Friday.
Tbf he was reported ill as early as the cup game against Villa which is why he wasn’t in the squad for that either.

Woodzy

Wonder what Ronaldo has planned when he retires. For someone so obsessed with success and being the greatest I’m not sure sitting at home being rich is going to cut it for him.

He would almost certainly be the worst coach in football and doesn’t have the personality to be a pundit. He’s really going about his final years of his playing career the wrong way.

Greck

I don't think he was ever going to City. Pep is too smart to sign an old striker for a top PL club. IMO the City thing was made up (maybe there was contact to make it seem real). Then, SAF and Utd office fell for it and signed him in a panic.

With ETH in control, I'm hoping that was the last of our really bad signings that we have done in the past 10 years.
The thing is City were really desperate for the CL and CR still had a massive CL reputation.

Chief123

Sky reported that the Utd players and staff were disappointed and shocked about the interview and only learned of it after the match last night on the way home. I hope the players have sacked him off too.

Status
Not open for further replies.