Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
"They disrespect me. I don't think they believe me my daughter is sick."

"That's awful, they made you leave the country and come back to work?"

"No, I stayed in Portugal as long as I wanted, missed all of preseason and came back on my own terms."

"erm...."

Edwards6

This is why this fecker is lying about the club trying to firce him out.
Still wants his £30m
Annoying when people keep saying we should of just let him go in the summer and Ten Hag is to blame for forcing him to stay, do they really think he would of agreed to cancel his contract and walk away from a years wage?

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Based on United's "statement" i think they may just take the high road.
Probably currently negotiating with Ronaldo/agent for mutual termination of contract.
Then they will release a very mild statement thanking Ronaldo for his services. Letting it lie. No need to stoop to his level and "respond" or refute.
If nothing else, with US owners I'd expect United to have very strong legal teams and be able to present options to the board virtually overnight.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
We have found TeamCR7. Jesis! These people really exist.

Acquire Me

"They disrespect me. I don't think they believe me my daughter is sick."

"That's awful, they made you leave the country and come back to work?"

"No, I stayed in Portugal as long as I wanted, missed all of preseason and came back on my own terms."

"erm...."
His agenda is making him look so damn stupid. The guy is actually just an idiot.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
What’s he trying to achieve here?

I’m sure if someone was willing to take him on then United wouldn’t stand in his way.

If he asked to have his contract terminated then I’m sure United would accept.

There is suggestion that United would have to supplement any wages for a loan or purchase. Is he trying to make that an appealing option? Or make it necessary to buy out his contract just to get rid..?

I’m sure he’s done enough to be sacked here but what does that achieve? Has he just fecked up (I can’t believe his advisers would let him do this without knowing where he stands contractually)?

Greck

The stats are even worse than they appear because they are generated by Ronaldo taking stupid shots that aren't part of how ETH wants to play. People just thought he would score 50 goals in a better system forgetting he won't even submit to a system like Pep's. This guy shoots from any angle and will rather get his shot blocked than get his teammate a guaranteed tap in. You'd think he would notice h has lost that ability and needs to adjust.

Woodzy

Only just seen this from this morning. Souness gets torn a new one here for some mindless speculation.

‘In 5 years time no one will remember Ten Hag’

Luka Mora

These people are sick and take hero worship to new levels

Most of these Ronaldo FC supporters if they ever met ronaldo in person would be doing shit like this

Infestissumam

it's the **** of personality you'd expect more from the social media generation that worships players first, not teams. Shocking that there's grown people thinking the same.

Lee565

So ronaldo undermined ole as manager, undermined ragnick, told the board to not hire a seriel winner in conte, undermined ten hag but he is the poor 500k a week victim.

The negative view he had of conte is striking seeing as ronaldo wanted to see the club move forward, what more could ronaldo want in a manager to move the club forward in short term? It seems the only way ronaldo could view united moving forward was if it became ronaldo fc.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
It's a bit sad that a 37-year-old man feels the need to roll his shorts up to show off his leg muscles for every photos.
People throw around the word narcissist to mean somebody a bit vain, rather than the actual meaning of the term. My hunch has always been than Ronaldo is a clinical narcissist. Which works great on the way up. Not so great on the way down.

Common Narcissist Characteristics
  • Inflated Ego.
  • Lack of Empathy.
  • Need for Attention.
  • Repressed Insecurities.
  • Few Boundaries.

hobbers

So basically the board accepted Ronaldo's reason to miss pre season but didnt grovel and weep at his feet enough for his liking. Sad thing is this isnt even hyperbole.

BorisManUtd

People throw around the word narcissist to mean somebody a bit vain, rather than the actual meaning of the term. My hunch has always been than Ronaldo is a clinical narcissist. Which works great on the way up. Not so great on the way down.

Common Narcissist Characteristics
  • Inflated Ego.
  • Lack of Empathy.
  • Need for Attention.
  • Repressed Insecurities.
  • Few Boundaries.
I agree. We're obviously not experts on here rather just regular people but his condition doesn't seem normal really. Saw it in Mourinho as well.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
The people hanging around Old Trafford on a midweek morning aren’t exactly the committed match-going crowd. That’s tourist time.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Hilarious. Very good listen. Got to say i do like Simon Jordan.
Listened to this morning. Souness spouts an amazing amount of crap, he was talking about Craig Bellamy saying he dropped him as he refused to play in a game then defends Ronaldo for doing the exact same thing…agenda? what agenda?

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
“They kind of didn’t believe me”

“They didn’t believe you?”

“They believed me but in the same way I’m never gonna change the health of my family for football”

What is this bollocks?

Vidic178

What’s he trying to achieve here?

I’m sure if someone was willing to take him on then United wouldn’t stand in his way.

If he asked to have his contract terminated then I’m sure United would accept.

There is suggestion that United would have to supplement any wages for a loan or purchase. Is he trying to make that an appealing option? Or make it necessary to buy out his contract just to get rid..?

I’m sure he’s done enough to be sacked here but what does that achieve? Has he just fecked up (I can’t believe his advisers would let him do this without knowing where he stands contractually)?

Honestly it might be a mental health issue.

Losing his kid + not being happy at the club + seeing his powers fade and being in horrifc form + being benched regularly for the first time in 20 years + being the most abused player on social media (even ahead of Harry Maguire). He could just be imploding and lashing out at everything possible.

It's sad to see because from 2006-09 he was the best player I've ever seen in the Premier League, being too young to have seen Thierry Henry.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
“They kind of didn’t believe me”

“They didn’t believe you?”

“They believed me but in the same way I’m never gonna change the health of my family for football”

What is this bollocks?
It hurt my brain when I heard it. :lol:

DSG

Look, we’ve known that Ronaldo is a primadonna douchebag for quite a while. Not sure why his toxic shit is surprising. Still, he was a great player.

Is the full interview available somewhere?

Ronaldo's Love Child

I really don’t get this. He says they didn’t kind of believe him - then Piers says they didn’t believe you and he responds by saying they did believe him. Weird!
But didn't Ronaldo's agent announce in July that he wanted to leave United. Then for the pre-season tour Ronaldo requests leave for his sick daughter. It was probably genuine but at the time I can see why some directors may have doubted it

clarkydaz

Look, we’ve known that Ronaldo is a primadonna douchebag for quite a while. Not sure why his toxic shit is surprising. Still, he was a great player.

Is the full interview available somewhere?
released on weds/thurs

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It's probably these kind of fans that have given Ronaldo the impression that this was a good idea. He's deluded enough to believe he's still one of the best players in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.