Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
“They kind of didn’t believe me”

“They didn’t believe you?”

“They believed me but in the same way I’m never gonna change the health of my family for football”

What is this bollocks?
Ronaldo would appreciate it greatly if you didn't use the words that came out of his mouth against him.

Marwood

Only just seen this from this morning. Souness gets torn a new one here for some mindless speculation.

‘In 5 years time no one will remember Ten Hag’
It must be hard work dealing with ex footballers on a daily basis when you've experienced real life and have half a brain.

They're on a different planet.

Tigersam

Supports
Arsenal
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...nchester-united-considering-tearing-forwards/

"Manchester United will consider tearing up Cristiano Ronaldo’s contract in the January transfer window – as long as he does not demand a pay-off for the remainder of his deal.

The club are considering their options, including whether to fine Ronaldo and whether they can take further disciplinary action, after his explosive, unauthorised interview in which he claims he has “no respect” for Erik ten Hag and accused United of betraying him.

Those options also include striking an agreement with Ronaldo to let him leave for free by terminating his contract which runs until June next year. But sources are adamant this will not involve paying the final six months of his highly-lucrative deal understood to be worth around £560,000-a-week, which makes him the highest-paid player in United's history.

The suspicion is that this is what Ronaldo will demand, however. United are desperate not to involve themselves in mud-slinging with one of their greatest ever players although there is clearly a general acceptance that he should never represent them again after his interview with Piers Morgan for Talk TV.

There is relief that United do not play again until the middle of December which gives them time to decide their best option.

United, who were celebrating their 2-1 win in the final Premier League game before the World Cup break, only found out about the interview just before news broke that it had taken place.

On Monday the club released a statement that read: “Manchester United notes the media coverage regarding an interview by Cristiano Ronaldo.

“The club will consider its response after the full facts have been established. Our focus remains on preparing for the second half of the season and continuing the momentum, belief and togetherness being built among the players, manager, staff, and fans.”

Tarrou

Honestly it might be a mental health issue.

Losing his kid + not being happy at the club + seeing his powers fade and being in horrifc form + being benched regularly for the first time in 20 years + being the most abused player on social media (even ahead of Harry Maguire). He could just be imploding and lashing out at everything possible.

It's sad to see because from 2006-09 he was the best player I've ever seen in the Premier League, being too young to have seen Thierry Henry.
I think it’s just a narcissist unable to accept reality

Sir Hag de Ten

He could redeem himself yet if he really calls them out properly, I won't hold my breath though, as I'm not sure there is anything in it for himself to do this.
Ronaldo is an employee of the club not a fan. He has no business calling out or slagging his employer. If he wants to be a fan then he should play for free.

Tweek

We'd rather he left,
But he thinks he's riiiiiiiiight,
That boy Ronaldo,
Got old and turned shite.

Heinzesight

These headlines about the club not believing Ronaldo about his poorly daughter with no context given and without any timeline of events is out of order. But that sensationalist headline is all people see and it’s incredibly unfair on our club. For a start, bringing up his daughter is fecking low.

Chief123

Only just seen this from this morning. Souness gets torn a new one here for some mindless speculation.

Souness has been so desperate to have digs at Ten Haag last few weeks. Virtually every incident is his fault according to Souness. The old bitter lemon can’t stand the fact Utd finally have a manger who’s competent.

tomaldinho1

These headlines about the club not believing Ronaldo about his poorly daughter with no context given and without any timeline of events is out of order. But that sensationalist headline is all people see and it’s incredibly unfair on our club. For a start, bringing up his daughter is fecking low.
Particularly when there was press about him being grateful given the time off. He doesn’t even say it, Piers tries to put the words in his mouth and he backtracks.

dave2528

He's certainly not done himself any favors if he thinks this expedites him a move to a Champions League contender.

No functional club will want to deal with this.

Love that for him.

Absolute bellend.

90 + 5min

The more quotes, the more wierd nonsens is coming out. Just buy out your contract and go. Or find a club that wants you. No problem.

What a sad, pointless and wierd interview and the picture that he paint of himself is far away from a good one.

Loony BoB

If Ronaldo had made this all about the infrastructure, the owners, etc. he would have the backing of fans.

He instead went after our all time top goalscorer, our manager that has the full backing of seemingly every single other person at the club, and his own playing time when he is one of our worst performing players. Guy doesn't know how to PR.

AFC NimbleThumb

I struggle to do 21 seconds let alone 21 minutes, where am I skipping to?

Loony BoB

The killer part of it is that he complains that the club don't believe him, and then when asked why he wasn't in the side today he said that he was asked to be on the bench but he told them that he was ill.

Guy isn't on the same page as himself.

Skills

Snitch
Souness is a fecking moron. The conversation ETH & Ronaldo had in the summer is irrelevant - because he's been shit whenever he's been on the pitch since then. It's not as if managers aren't allowed to change their mind after watching the equivalent of half a seasons football.

This is the guy who bought Ali Dia, and then had to sub him off in the same half. What a complete idiot.

HookedOnAPhelan

Fecking hell, Souness talks an unbelievable amount of shite. Goes on and on about this fictional meeting that he's made up in his own head. Clown.

Heinzesight

“Loves the club”…feck me sideways.

If the stupid bastard knew how badly the club was run (the whole football world knows) why did he join in the first place? Half a million reasons maybe? This interview is full of contradictions and has only made himself look a complete tit.

Sparky Rhiwabon

He’s a weird bloke to be honest, not someone that Wayne or Gary would want to have dinner with I imagine. He reminds me of Michael Jackson in some ways.

Trex

I'm waiting for the farce he'll become after retirement. He love for the limelight wouldn't let him rest easy.
Watch out for "keeping up with the Ronaldos".

Chief123

Don’t buy his bullshit about the glazers and club infrastructure. It’s like telling the world that Manchester is often wet. He’s throwing that in to the mix to get some backing behind his rant which is designed to be all about him. Yep, more quotes confirming he’s a tool.

Woodzy

He’s a weird bloke to be honest, not someone that Wayne or Gary would want to have dinner with I imagine. He reminds me of Michael Jackson in some ways.
I’d agree with that. I don’t think the guy is going to cope well with post-football life at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.