Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Oh my God! Manchester United sell things like every other football club on the planet. Stop. The. Press. I can’t believe it. Next you’ll be telling me there’s a link between the 1.4bn we’ve spent on transfers the last decade and us having the highest wage bill in football to this commercial revenue.
Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. How dare they?

Heinzesight

Has Rooney “attacked him three times this season”? If he did I must have missed them and they can’t have been an ‘attacks’ surely. I know Rooney said he shouldn’t have left the Spurs match but Rooney and Neville really don’t need Ronaldo to stay popular ffs.

Skills

Snitch
The club being a marketing behemoth is how they can afford his massive wage and they managed to be one of the most illustrious club in the world, that reality is from the Edwards family. It really does my head in when fans are dumb enough to accept that kind of moronic quotes from journalists and now apparently the players benefitting from it.
This.

RedCurry

But didn't Ronaldo's agent announce in July that he wanted to leave United. Then for the pre-season tour Ronaldo requests leave for his sick daughter. It was probably genuine but at the time I can see why some directors may have doubted it
It’s hardly relevant if anyone believed him or not. He wanted to not participate in pre-season, and he was allowed to not participate in it. And he’s just making vague accusations without any specifics like who did not believe him and what makes him think that.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Don’t be a sap.
What? You can't appreciate a little Glazers bashing because he's gone full diva? I definitely appreciate that the player they bought to get them increased exposure and more cash has publicly bashed them. There is often nuance.

DavidDeSchmikes

I was just thinking about it before I saw this tweet.
He sounds exactly like Trump. Someone needs to get hild of him before he ends up the same way.
"Nobody knows more about Manchester United than I do"

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Casemiro watched us lose 4-0 to fecking Brentford and he picked up the phone to call John Murtough to assure him that he wanted to join United more than ever. Those are the players we need at the club. Varane is a good example too. World class players that want to help the club get back to the top.

clarkydaz

From a Portugal perspective I’d be livid. He’s completely shat on their World Cup preparation. Everything is once again all about him. They’ll be asked constantly about him. He’s such a monumental bellend.
Never thought of that

PoTMS

Bruno comes into the dressing room and shakes ronaldo's hand and says a few words to him. Is there something I'm missing in that?
Yes, look at their body language. Clearly, there's a bit of tension between the two.

Fully Fledged

What? You can't appreciate a little Glazers bashing because he's gone full diva? I definitely appreciate that the player they bought to get them increased exposure and more cash has publicly bashed them. There is often nuance.
It was pretty much Glazers bad though. He has no clue.

Crashoutcassius

I see this as a good thing. he hasn't said anything we didn't know. some of what he said is delusion. this just means our 500k a week sub will surely leave in a few weeks, save us some money

bosskeano

Bruno clearly didn't want to extend that conversation and honestly he's put him and Dalot is a really tough position going into a WC where it should be about the team and country without distractions

PoTMS

I see this as a good thing. he hasn't said anything we didn't know. some of what he said is delusion. this just means our 500k a week sub will surely leave in a few weeks, save us some money
I'd be delighted if this was the case but unfortunately he'll get paid every £.

Fully Fledged

From a Portugal perspective I’d be livid. He’s completely shat on their World Cup preparation. Everything is once again all about him. They’ll be asked constantly about him. He’s such a monumental bellend.
True. The world has to be all about him.

PoTMS

Serious question - who is better right now out of Choupo-Moting and Ronaldo?

diarm

He's equal parts Homelander, Trump and Regina George. I'm looking forward to tomorrow evening's installment to see who he's going to invoke next.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
He basically has said the bare minimum whilst committing arson and burning every bridge with the club.

His comments are absolutely worthless, because they have no depth, no feeling and their only intent is to serve his agenda of severing ties with Manchester United, whilst trying to save face with the most sycophantic fans.

Max_United

I’d agree with that. I don’t think the guy is going to cope well with post-football life at all.
Exactly what I am thinking. I think it is very likely he will struggle with post-football life a lot.

People will say that he will still be a multi-millionaire celebrity and have endorsements and fragrance lines and what not. True, but the loss in status (albeit from "extremely high" to "very high") will hurt him a lot with his ego.

He won't be manager, can't imagine him as football administrator or successful businessman or a pundit. He will milk his legacy in some way of course but still - I think he will be really struggling to accept that his success is in the past, his looks are fading and that now Haaland/Mbappe etc are more popular than him.

Plus I am not sure he has super close friends and his relationships with women are seem not to be very successful - so less things to fall back on. But maybe having children will be enough for him to reinvent himself and be happy after football, who knows. But I would be worried if I was someone who cared about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.