Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He's become rubbish at finishing.
It’s so tempting to ignore all the red flags and be distracted by the fact it’s Ronaldo - we should know because we all ignored that sensible voice nagging away at us 18 months ago that said this wasn’t a good idea. Just have to hope Bayern or Chelsea are blind to it as well.

Chief123

I can’t wait to watch Portugal’s games now and see Bruno throwing his arms in the air directed at Ronaldo with plenty of back chat. He’s got no reason to hold back now as he knows the Madam Tussaud dodgy eye brow’d wax work won’t be returning back to old trafford.

Brophs

The One and Only
People can enjoy him saying it if they want, as it’s obviously true, but it’s also a blatantly disingenuous exercise in pandering by a guy whose entire world view is informed by what’s best for him. He’s weaponising a very important issue to the supporters with words that are hollow and insincere.

Chief123

People can enjoy him saying it if they want, as it’s obviously true, but it’s also a blatantly disingenuous exercise in pandering by a guy whose entire world view is informed by what’s best for him. He’s weaponising a very important issue to the supporters with words that are hollow and insincere.
Couldn’t have worded it better myself.

Foxbatt

Bayern may have looked at him in the summer but after this no manager worth his salt is going to want him. ETH did not play him every game because he was crap. Nagelsmman is a tougher nut than even ETH. He is not going to accept this crap from Ronaldo.

RedCheekz

This is very sad to see some the comments here slating Ronaldo. People have short memories and forget everything he did for this club. He became the best player in the world while he was with us which we have never seen happen with any prem team. Without him we most likely would of never had the success we did back in 2007-2009.

He is frustrated , sure he not the player he once was, he has very high standards and he must be very disappointed to see the club ran in the state It is.

He loves United and he is exposing the glazers, the lack of investment , the lack of sporting project. We needed somebody to do this and expose the glazers for who they are.

This doesn’t look like it going end well but hopefully he does expose the people running our club and we get closer to them selling which we all want.

Whatever happens don’t let this taint your feelings towards Ronaldo.

Vidic178

Is it wrong that I’m starting to feel sorry for the guy.

He comes across as genuinely upset in that interview and even though he has no right to be, that is his reality.

The reaction Bruno gave in that clip above was fully justified, but seeing Ronaldo’s reaction is painful - the guy is so deluded he probably thought Bruno would greet him like a hero.

Shades of Mourinho, can’t stand his twattish antics but can’t help but pity the guy when actual reality starts to permeate his bubble.
Same here, it must feel weird to see your abilities dwindle so quickly. This interview might have backfired far more than he thought thought if it ends up messing up Portugal's team cohesion at the WC. Neither Fernandes or Dalot looked particularly enthusiastic to be with him.

prateik

He also probably doesnt want to completely piss off a huge fan base when he makes millions off endorsements.. some idiots will fall for it.. feck him..

The problem remains.. no one wants him.. he can cry all he wants, but he isnt getting any top team to sign him.. which is unfortunate for us.. hopefully he stays in the reserves till he agrees to terminate his contract..

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
"And because of that friendship he should never say anything remotely critical of me when asked."

People are rightly criticising ex players who have fought his corner here despite him not fitting in tactically, having an enormous decline in performance, and stinking up the place with his antics. But maybe he expected they'd all say positive things as that's how it was under Ole, no one said a word. RvP made one comment and Ole almost cried. Other than that no one said anything.

clarkydaz

He’s weaponising a very important issue to the supporters with words that are hollow and insincere.
whatever the motif its still very damaging to the owners. This will be talked about in the States, usually the noise over here doesnt cross the Atlantic

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Bruno!!!!

How awkward does that look?

Looks like Bruno is embarrassed for Ronaldo, can see this situation has ended badly for Ronaldo he’s likely going to be ostracised by the whole (United) squad if not already.

alpargatachina2020

I bet Juve were thinking the same thing when they saw us coming in for him.
How is Juve doing without CR7 and after spending 200 millions Euros? Out of the champion in a group with Maccabi and Benfica, and strugglin to qualify to the next champions. So maybe, the Juve problem wasn't CR7, and they were best with him. I can understand all this hate for Cristiano on a barza forum, but not here.

Eddy_JukeZ

Perez is a genius for not allowing Real to succumb to Ronaldo.

If he plays another second for us again, it'd be a giant disappointment.

He has disgraced the club, his teammates, the coaching staff and everyone involved with his interview.

Malone_Post

For Ronaldo everything is personal
Unless he’s getting praised of course. Then it’s got nothing to do with personal relationships/friendships. It’s just a crazy coincidence that the only people defending him this season have been his friends.

MrEleson

I really do think Piers led him into the Rooney comments badly and Ronaldo being the idiot he is fell for it. Unfortunately for Piers, everyone can see that. But it did the job
Yess this is how I saw it too after watching that part of the interview.

Piers is scheming the whole time and instigating negativity. He brings up Rooney being jealous of Ronaldo where perhaps Ronaldo wouldn’t even have touched the matter in that way if he didn’t say that.

The Irish Connection

Him being so shit on the field and doing this interview disrespecting the manager and undermining the club is gut wrenching right now for the fans including me and they are right to be angry with him given how spoiled and selfish he is as a footballer but I believe large part of his interview would age well.

He isn’t the present and future of united and needs to go but there are bigger much bigger problems at this club and I’m afraid whether it’s ten hag or any other manager we are doomed to fail such is the infection spread by the parasites at this club. Fans are again being manipulated into thinking that this time these owners are getting it right by changing the structure and the manager but once again I feel it’s nothing more than papering over the cracks.
Well said.
Fans need to use this to pile more pressure on the Glazers by demanding a top replacement that will cost a bomb. Force them to sell by emphasizing the costs required.

Precaution

So isn't this pretty comparable to the Keane infamous interview on MUTV? wasn't he "sacked or "terminated" for exact same kind of comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.