Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OptimisedRed

I'd like to hear what Casemiro and Varane think of it all. They have the perspective of having played with him at Madrid as well and are also now using our poor facilities just like him but seem to get on with it.
So disappointing to see he has spoken to Morgan of all people, and clear he wants out of our club. I'm sure the club would have obliged if they could find a buyer-irrespective of his individual commercial value.
I refuse to believe they wouldnt support him whilst his baby was ill-it's got to be down to miscommunication surely. Would be interesting to hear the clubs statement on this in particular.

Real Name

I'd like to hear what Casemiro and Varane think of it all. They have the perspective of having played with him at Madrid as well and are also now using our poor facilities just like him but seem to get on with it.
I bet they like the jacuzzi.

jameyzane

I think a lot of the posts are hypocritical considering all he’s doing in the interview is criticising UTD which is what all of us ever do on the Caf. Piers Morgan is his Caf and he’s entitled to it imo.
Go on fan boy. Gobble his smelly fart would you. Ronaldo the CAF rep.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
1. We all know he wanted to go in the summer.
2. We all know he left without approval and was disciplined with a couple others during pre season. This was addressed by ETH in the press conferences.
3. We know he refused to come on at spurs. Again videos on YouTube and Ten Hag confirmed.
4. We know he gave a feck wit interview.

You cannot seriously claim that he gives a shit. There's likely 10% truth in his words and 80% absolute steaming BS. You can see all the shit he's done that was disrespectful and for him to have the audacity to say he doesn't get respect would be fecking hilarious if it weren't so sad.
Show me proof from the horse's mouth or just admit that you're just speculating that Ronaldo wanted out all summer.

He's now adressed on why he wasn't here during pre season because of family which includes a sick baby. Personally, i wouldn't slate him for that but maybe that's just me.

Sure, he left the stadium and refused to come on during games. That's not a good look. Still, we don't know how things where behind the curtain. Now everything's gone to shit and he's triggered into oblivion and burning everything into the ground. As aformentioned, he shouldn't have done the interview in the manner he did. Did himself no favours, but i'm not sure that the relationship turning sour is all on him and him alone.

Pronewbie

Peep
Classic PR narrative and excuses from a former great who cannot accept his decline. But if that means a club will take him off our hands in January, I'll go along with it like a propagandised drone.

Edwards6

No I’m saying we should have got rid and agreed to cancel his contract to suit both parties
To do that we'd still have to pay his wages till the end of the contract, unless you think he'd agree to leave without his money?

Ladron de redcafe

Show me proof from the horse's mouth or just admit that you're just speculating that Ronaldo wanted out all summer.

He's now adressed on why he wasn't here during pre season because of family which includes a sick baby. Personally, i wouldn't slate him for that but maybe that's just me.

Sure, he left the stadium and refused to come on during games. That's not a good look. Still, we don't know how things where behind the curtain. Now everything's gone to shit and he's triggered into oblivion and burning everything into the ground. As aformentioned, he shouldn't have done the interview in the manner he did. Did himself no favours, but i'm not sure that the relationship turning sour is all on him and him alone.
This is just embarassing :mad:

TheGame

The feck is this shite.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

What are you on about?

SkySports /BBC /Athletic were all over the news that he wanted to leave. When a player wants out it tends to be done that way, not in an open declaration. If you think that the tons of tier one journalists reporting it are wrong then there's something seriously messed up with your bias.

As for the pre season stuff, I talked about how he left the match. As for leaving the spurs game, it's more than not a good look. It's down right u professionalism and idiocy. No background story justifies it.

Preggy99

Honestly, get rid. Cheers Ronnie but enough is enough. Mendez was trying to whore you out to any club around Europe and none of them wanted you, none of them can handle your obscene wages or your diva ways. You think your getting 500 bag a week somewhere else after the way you've behaved, poppy cock, no chance, not in a European league. On yer way son, go enjoy yourself in Miami or something, it's the only league you will still score goals in anyway. Finished, washed up and it turns out a massive prick to boot.

Crimson King

You know what really grinds my gears? That he is giving the interview to Piers Morgan of all people, that this talentless hack's ass kissing over the past couple of weeks has paid off, again.
I feel like that should be death knell for any fans that had any lingering sentiment for Ronaldo.

Even if your agree with some of the points he brings up (which, from the excerpts so far, hasn't been anything we didn't already know ourselves) the fact he did an interview with that Arsenal supporting, wobbly scrotum of a man should be the end of it!

jameyzane

Isn't it funny the person who took us to our greatest highs may just be responsible for some of our worst lows. Supported an inept board during out worst recruitment in ages, brought in an inept manager just to continue the Scottish legacy and we haven't recovered since. Failed to see the toxicity Ronaldo will bring to a side already up and let's not talk about undermining Ole's recruitment as well. I probably wouldn't respect a manager like that if someone could pull a move above him and force a player on him that is clearly on the wane. Ronaldo wouldn't have lasted at city and Guardiola would have been done with him long ago.

RuudTom83

Yes!!!! well done Ronaldo…finally it can all come to an end now.

Please don’t come back, if United can terminate his contract before the WC that would be even better.

Real Name

I feel like that should be death knell for any fans that had any lingering sentiment for Ronaldo.

Even if your agree with some of the points he brings up (which, from the excerpts so far, hasn't been anything we didn't already know ourselves) the fact he did an interview with that Arsenal supporting, wobbly scrotum of a man should be the end of it!
But he cares for United!

Real Name

Isn't it funny the person who took us to our greatest highs may just be responsible for some of our worst lows. Supported an inempt board, brought in an inept manager just to continue the Scottish legacy and we haven't recovered since. Failed to see the toxicity Ronaldo will bring to a side already up and let's not talk about undermining the manager's recruitment as well.
We havent recovered since Moyes cause of Fergie? Moyes left in 2014.
Great post that.
What a nice little hit at Ferguson.

Crimson King

I think a lot of the posts are hypocritical considering all he’s doing in the interview is criticising UTD which is what all of us ever do on the Caf. Piers Morgan is his Caf and he’s entitled to it imo.
Oh give over! None of us are being paid millions a year to play for the club! Let alone sit on the bench!

He slagged off the new manager and chose to do the interview with Piers Morgan, who's up there with the likes of Nigel Farage and his ilk in terms of how much attention you should pay to him.

Totally unforgivable.

Castia

To do that we'd still have to pay his wages till the end of the contract, unless you think he'd agree to leave without his money?
Well he can’t have it both ways can he? Trash the club publicly, put in a transfer request and literally refuse to play. If he wanted to leave that badly knowing no club was going to pay a fee then why couldn’t he agree to cancel his contract?

Ronaldo's Love Child

This is just a carefully orchestrated move by Ronaldo to engineer a move that suits him.

We are where we are.

He clearly wants us to release him but the question is, does he want some type of severance pay?? If he's happy to rip up his contract then we should oblige.

Giggsyking

Ronaldo fanboys , get your heads out of Ronaldo's butt for few seconds to breath ffs.

kkengvib

Before this interview I admit I was extremely disappointed (but not surprised) with his recent antics butI just wanted things to remain relatively quiet until we offload him when the transfer window opens or in the summer. I thought in the end people will eventually forget about this tenure and he will be remembered for all the things he did for the club in his first stint.

I felt Rooney was also overstaying his welcome towards the end of his Man Utd career but looking back I can only appreciate him as a player and his contributions to the club (yes, for me it made up for him wanting out at one point)
He never did what Ronaldo has just done and I'm afraid Ronaldo is putting his Man Utd legacy in jeopardy with this interview. What a cowardly move to release this right after the last game before the winter break knowing that he doesn't have to confront the people who he's talking shit about. I wouldn't be surprised if he finds a reason not to report back to training after the WC

If I was the mgmt I'd obviously let him leave if an offer comes in (doubtful). He should be fined for what he has just done. He can rot in the reserves or train by himself until the end of the season. I couldn't care less.
No player is bigger than the club.

I hope the likes of Keane, Rio, and Evra can see some sense and call him out on this behavior

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
What are you on about?

SkySports /BBC /Athletic were all over the news that he wanted to leave. When a player wants out it tends to be done that way, not in an open declaration. If you think that the tons of tier one journalists reporting it are wrong then there's something seriously messed up with your bias.

As for the pre season stuff, I talked about how he left the match. As for leaving the spurs game, it's more than not a good look. It's down right u professionalism and idiocy. No background story justifies it.
For example, Lewandowski gave an interview after the Bundesliga was over that he now wants out of the club. As far as i understand, Ronaldo mentioned that some of the exec's wanted him gone. Sure, maybe he was deflecting, but doesn't have to be that way, who knows.

On the second part, i'm more intrigued to find out what happened behind the scenes. There has to be some part of actio und reactio involved.

Most likely, there's no coming back from this. All i wanted to say is that Ronnie played his part in it but it doesn't have to be all his fault.
Personally, i found the way of looking at things lopsided and wanted to offer a different perspective.

Ronnie will be out soon enough and the club will have different players.

Zen86

Ironically the biggest example of us "not moving on" as a club was signing an ageing 37 year old striker from the glory days.

Ronaldo wouldn't give a toss and wouldn't be giving this interview if he was playing being pandered to with 90 minutes every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.