Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
What's annoying is the focus should be on the emergence/excitement of Garnacho but Ronaldo sucked all the energy out of the room
he also did the same after the Spurs game which was our best performance under ETH

Greck

I can't believe Carra sounds more like a former United player than any of these United pundits. I still have a hard time digesting that.
Yeah listening to our ex-players on this issue. SAF definitely had a type, let's just kindly call them the worker bee type.

poleglass red

We should be talking about how we pulled a victory out in injury time, how the team showed resilence, how great Garnacho looks, instead we are talking about this spolied brat.He wants all the attention, his football doesn't deliver it anymore so he has to resort to these tactics, talking to Piers Morgan , come on....

Infra-red

What's annoying is the focus should be on the emergence/excitement of Garnacho but Ronaldo sucked all the energy out of the room
Agreed. We should really all be focussing on the future and Garnacho. Ronaldo's exploits in top level football are very much a thing of the past.

Smores

Why? I find all these claims of club turmoil a bit hysterical. An unwanted player who we all expected to go in January is.....now likely to leave in January and said some mean words.

norm87cro

The only similar thing is their stage of decline

Keane was offering his opinion as a pundit for MUTV. But we all know now, Fergie as he often did knew he had to go, then he used it as means to just get him out. According to players who were there what he said it wasn't that bad. Nobody knows what he really said because the tapes were "destroyed".

Ronaldo has gone beyond the club and done a shit on a stick interview with a one of the biggest shit stirring cnuts out there who also happens to be his "friend" and who somehow has a massive audience to pedal this shite to.

From what I've seen of this it looks very calculated, is probably scripted and designed to force the club to act and either sell him to whoever will have him for nothing or release him.

Personally, I'd leave him to rot in the reserves for the rest of his contract, fine him 2 weeks wages everytime he's late or doesn't show up. He can then suck it up and do a Bogarde until June.
Im with you man. Its just there are too many of his fan boys everywhere and you have to be careful what you say about him even now when he is acting like an absolute tit. But on the other hand football is a business and if we can sell him and free up his wages that wouldnt be so bad either.

Stacks

he also did the same after the Spurs game which was our best performance under ETH
We should be talking about how we pulled a victory out in injury time, how the team showed resilence, how great Garnacho looks, instead we are talking about this spolied brat.He wants all the attention, his football doesn't deliver it anymore so he has to resort to these tactics, talking to Piers Morgan , come on....
Glad its not only me noticing. His stock here is down. Waaaay down.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I can't believe Carra sounds more like a former United player than any of these United pundits. I still have a hard time digesting that.
As a United fan, it is weird seeing the likes of Rio and Keane tie themselves in knots to avoid criticising Ronaldo. But unfortunately it's all about image-building. A lot of people working in media don't want to burn their bridges with the most followed person on Instagram.

Chief123

Once we terminate his contract, I won't be surprised that he signed with the blue. Maybe he would take 20-30% what he is earning and beg Pep to sign him so he can become 2nd or 3rd choice forward so he can win another champion league and EPL. He can enjoy their technology and tub while screwing Utd.
Man City are far too well run to even consider talking to Ronaldo.

Idxomer

I just hate the way everything around the club is dealt with these days - the PR leaks especially. Not for one minute condoning Ronaldo but that's just my view.
Those specific leaks about players not being bothered by Ronaldo's tantrums anymore have been out for a long time.

Merk78

Play him at his own game and keep him, banish him from interacting with any first team squad member, fine him at every opportunity when he no doubt steps out of line and run down his contract. Wee dick.

Stacks

Why? I find all these claims of club turmoil a bit hysterical. An unwanted player who we all expected to go in January is.....now likely to leave in January and said some mean words.
Did any players do this kind of stuff under SAF? Disrespecting the coach publicly? We don't need the media chat around United being centered around this nonsense going into the world cup and again right after. Its an unnecessary distraction. He could just leave quietly. What if we cant find a buyer? got to have his toxic ass hanging around the under 19 squad for 6 months.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
ETH handled the whole Ronaldo situation brilliantly I must say. If it end with us getting a new striker in Jan it's a masterclass.
Exactly. He has done everything in his power to deal with the situation. Glazers now have no choice other than to back the manager with a new top class striker or 2 in Jan.

ufb

If he doesn't want to terminate his contract, the club should just trigger the contract extension and have him train with the reserves until the end of his contract. The player has more to lose than the club in this situation.

PoTMS

Let him (play) and rot in the reserves. Keep fining him 2 weeks wages every other week for the most petty things.

30 seconds late to training. £1m.
Wrong socks worn on matchday. £1m.
No flip flops in showers. £1m.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Being friends with Piers Morgan, connecting with Jordan Peterson, now this... I'm afraid of what's coming up in the world cup

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It's obvious he feels "betrayed" by Murtough and Arnold for employing first RR & then Ten Hag, two managers that are the exact opposite of how Ronaldo thinks a game should be played (built around him).

He signed for Ole-ball, and ended up at 37 being told to run and block passing lanes.

Feel very sorry for RR now, was on an absolute hiding to nothing, clear by this interview that the likes of Ronaldo ridiculed and undermined him at every opportunity. The sad thing for Ronaldo is that 37 year old actually thinking he's good enough to be built around, he's gonna have a rude awakening at his new club for sure.
Yeah, performances by most of the players under RR were embarrassing and seemed unprofessional.

Smores

Did any players do this kind of stuff under SAF? Disrespecting the coach publicly? We don't need the media chat around United being centered around this nonsense going into the world cup and again right after. Its an unnecessary distraction. He could just leave quietly. What if we cant find a buyer? got to have his toxic ass hanging around the under 19 squad for 6 months.
It's not really distracting anyone much at all though. Everyone is packed into this thread because they want to comment on it but it's very easy to ignore. As for Ten Hag I doubt he's giving it a second thought from here on.

People care too much about media noise which is all this is. The club will deal with it. It's not like its a key player making such noise just a has been on the way out already.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
messi has succeeded in one country with much of his playing time being with possible the best club side ever. Ronaldo has done it in the three biggest leagues in the world. Also, you are possibly not old enough to have seen Pele (and very possibly prime Cruyff)
Playing for more clubs doesn't make a you a better player, Eto'O isn't better than Cruyff just because he shined in more clubs than the dutch.

And Ronaldo played in a very poor Serie A btw, when Juventus had no competition for the title, not like he was playing for Fiorentina or Roma.

Messi is better than Ronaldo, at dribbling,passing,free-kicks, and playmaking...the only area where Ronaldo can be better is scoring, and that is still debatable because Messi has better goal per game ratio than Ronaldo.

Most non-United, non-Madrid, and non-portuguese fans, recognize Messi as the better player, cause they have no sentimental attachment to a club where Ronaldo has played.

phelans shorts

Let him (play) and rot in the reserves. Keep fining him 2 weeks wages every other week for the most petty things.

30 seconds late to training. £1m.
Wrong socks worn on matchday. £1m.
No flip flops in showers. £1m.
Why would you want to put this toxic prick in with the reserves who are still young and learning?

Abusian

Very very sad situation, but this ill-advised (for both sides) move was always going to end in tears. It’s not the club’s fault no CL qualified team wanted him in the summer. ETH looks to have treated him well. Staggeringly unprofessional behaviour from the player.

Surely he wouldn’t burn his bridges like this without having something lined up, though. I predict that after the WC he’ll announce he’s taking time off to be with family and then join an MLS team for next season. Miami would be right up his street and the US looks his best option because after this outburst no European manager would want to work with him. He’s not worth the risk.

He’d be much better off retiring IMO. He’s nowhere near the player he once was and at this point he’s just damaging his legacy. What a shame.

Reactions: Penna

Rolaholic

Being friends with Piers Morgan, connecting with Jordan Peterson, now this... I'm afraid of what's coming up in the world cup
He'll be phoning in to the Joe Rogan Experience on his off days in Qatar

Stacks

It's not really distracting anyone much at all though. Everyone is packed into this thread because they want to comment on it but it's very easy to ignore. As for Ten Hag I doubt he's giving it a second thought from here on.

People care too much about media noise which is all this is. The club will deal with it. It's not like its a key player making such noise just a has been on the way out already.
I mean he's going to be in the dressing room and Ten Hag will probably be asked about it frequently. Might even have Ronaldistas harrasing him on socials

Kaos

I really wish we'd terminate his contract ASAP. I want this manchild and the circus around him gone from the club. Can't be arsed dealing with his theatrics throughout the second half of the season.

Godfather

God Howson and Rio piss me off in that video. When did the club ever refuse to let him go? We obviously waited for a proper offer from other clubs which never happened because other clubs aren't mental or even capable of paying that drama queen what he is earning here. How can they simply overlook that? Carragher is spot on there.

Josh 76

A photo of him with Andrew Tate outside the stadium.

SATA

I wonder what does Bruno think of him now given both of them will be with Portugal for a month or so (depending on how long they are still in it). Surely Bruno will lose all respect for him now?

Status
Not open for further replies.