Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
This situation is going nowhere, unless they can legally cancel his contract, he's going to want to get paid, he won't want to lose at this point and stick it to United as much as possible, and there are absolutely no clubs with any aspiration that are going to go after him, let alone pay even half of his wages. I just don't really see how it gets resolved without United doing some legal magic and make his contract go poof.
I anticipate the club are waiting for the full interview. There’s some disparaging things in there already, but they’ll need some more concrete stuff on video to terminate his contract.

Irrational.

People still defending Ronaldo, let me ask you this: Ronaldo has gone on the offensive about Rangnick and ETH, but I wonder why he never spoke out against the worst of the three, Ole?

Ibi Dreams

But thats precisely what Ronaldo wants and playing to his hands.
It's what we want as well, and probably what ETH wants. It's not playing into Ronaldo's hands if it is the actual best outcome for the manager and the team as well

Roux

Gotta say - this is a very strange way of curing the flu he has.

TheReligion

Abusive
People still defending Ronaldo, let me ask you this: Ronaldo has gone on the offensive about Rangnick and ETH, but I wonder why he never spoke out against the worst of the three, Ole?
Because he knows Ole is a club legend and it would not look good on him . The fans wouldn’t like it

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
The Ronaldo acolytes are actually insane.

It's disturbing how distorted their viewpoint is because they idolize a man who has no idea they exist.

Hopefully they all stop masquerading as United fans once Ronaldo leaves again.
It's a weird little cult isn't it. Hopefully they toddle off to a Ronaldo forum or whatever club is foolish enough to put up with his circus after the world cup and we get a good forum cleansing.

Imagine being so deluded to think that he comes out of this looking like the good guy. :lol:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
That Bruno Fernandes reaction video reminds me of a watered down version of the Gary Neville / Peter Schmeichel handshake in the tunnel

Woodzy

That Bruno Fernandes reaction video reminds me of a watered down version of the Gary Neville / Peter Schmeichel handshake in the tunnel
It reminds me of that infamous meme with Peele and the handshakes and hugs.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
The absolute worst thing people can do is watch those 2 slime balls talk to each other in that interview. All of the quotes will be everywhere, don't give them the clicks.
Piers is dying for views.

He's literally saying on the interview "those who don't like Ronaldo, please watch all of the interview because you might change your mind with what he has to say".

He won't get this kind of interview again in his life

Irrational.

Because he knows Ole is a club legend and it would not look good on him . The fans wouldn’t like it
This added to the fact that Ole was a weaker manager who enabled his egotistical behaviour. I remember him subbing Ronaldo off once and then once he threw a strip, Ole never dropped him again. Ronaldo cannot handle his ego being hurt, and cannot accept that he is massively over the hill.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

He's literally saying on the interview "those who don't like Ronaldo, please watch all of the interview because you might change your mind with what he has to say".

It's pretty on par with the guests he's had recently, Andrew Tate, Jordan Peterson, and now CR7...Trump next?

Withnail

It's definitely a weird handshake, he doesn't even make eye contact with Ronaldo and just does it in more formal way, unlike with other players. Awkard situation for them in Portugal NT as well now.
He pats him on the arm and goes to walk past him. He has to be called back for the awkward handshake. It's a cold enough greeting by any standard but for both club and international team mates it's icy.

Foxbatt

Yeah twice in three years. The seslcond time because he was rightly dropped for a handful of games.

But obviously those requests would shortly become public information with a player of that profile.
Very different from giving a public interview. Roy Keane did less and was sacked. Ronaldo has every right to ask for a transfer no matter what. Every player has that. But no player can slag off the manager in public and expect to get away with it. In fact SAF was going to sack Schmeichel for arguing with him in front of the players.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It's pretty on par with the guests he's had recently, Andrew Tate, Jordan Peterson, and now CR7...Trump next?
He’s infatuated with toxic masculinity

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
You're either being willfully disingenuous or you're making a point about something you haven't actually spent the time to have a properly formed opinion about. There have been plenty of clear attempts by posters to reframe what Ronaldo did and effectively cannonise him for speaking out about serious issues at the club. It's fecking nonsense and should be called out as such in the most vocal way.

Ronaldo has just trashed ten Hag, the first manager at the club since Fergie that appears to have the minerals to create something here so people are rightfully aggravated. He's also taken bizarrely personal shots at actual club legends Neville and Rooney. He refused to be a sub last season against City and fecked off to Portugal, he left the ground early against Rayo Vallecano, he didn't bother showing up for preseason, he spent all summer trying to engineer a move, he's currently playing like rancid dog shit despite being paid a monster sum and being asked to do the bare minimum like be a professional squad member, he refused to come on against Spurs and he's now given this celeb reveal all interview with press gutter dweller Piers Morgan. He also gave that interview last season in which he called out the younger players at United for not listening him and for having attitude issues, the hypocritical cnut. If people aren't fecked off with Ronaldo there's something wrong with them.
Do people need to stoop down to a pathetic level and start name calling though?

What we don't need as a club and as supporters is for a squad player (that's all he is) giving an interview and creating toxicity in a fan base that looked like it was pulling in one direction.

Nothing Ronaldo says should have any credence or sway in the grand scheme of things.
He wants to make it all about him and people are allowing that to happen by foaming at the mouth and calling people immature names for not following suit.

GueRed

I bet he's loving it

Chief123

How is Juve doing without CR7 and after spending 200 millions Euros? Out of the champion in a group with Maccabi and Benfica, and strugglin to qualify to the next champions. So maybe, the Juve problem wasn't CR7, and they were best with him. I can understand all this hate for Cristiano on a barza forum, but not here.
Very naive. Look how we did when we did get Ronaldo. Worst season ever.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
What else do you call those numpties? Worshippers? Obsessives? Cultists? Big admirers?
Plain old fans would suffice. I'm still somewhat surprised he has a few backers in this situation (although not really), but I don't feel the need to question their mental health. I'll never fully understand football fans that follow players rather than teams though.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I doubt they're real accounts, I saw the comments too.

You can buy comments/likes with fake accounts, you'll probably notice if you click on the profiles they have no video uploads.

I genuinely doubt that a majority of the fanbase is backing him this heavily, sentiment on twitter (in some part), reddit and other forums is very negative towards Ronaldo.
How many real users have video uploads on Youtube?

SunnyGlasgow

In 5-10 years time, Ronaldo will still be remembered fondly by most fans. At the moment, neither the club or player benefit each other - time to part ways. There are always 3 sides to each story: the club's; the player’s; and the truth lies somewhere in the middle. I'm just glad that this now increases our chance of buying a sticker in January. The Glazer family have been exposed properly for the first time in public as well. Overall, in time, I think we'll come to see Ronnie's interview as a net positive - onwards and upwards for both player and club imo... #GlazersOut

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Would you like to be slated by those who was once very close to you, ones who you achieved great success with, ones who you went to war with.

People forget back when SAF in charge you would never get leaks the dressing room. They was all ”United”. It would hurt anybody who somebody you was once close with and shared special memories with to be bad mouthing you.
Neville has never badmouthed Ronaldo though? Rooney stated that Ronaldos actions this seasons were not acceptable.

I wouldnt especially enjoy it if my friends had feedback about me that I didnt like, but at least I have the ability to reflect inwards and judge if they might have a point or not.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Plain old fans would suffice. I'm still somewhat surprised he has a few backers in this situation (although not really), but I don't feel the need to question their mental health. I'll never fully understand football fans that follow players rather than teams though.
Its a consequence of social media where access to the players have become greater than the teams. The players have the followings, not the teams, at least from Gen Z. This doesnt apply to everyone, of course, but certainly a great many millon fans of every player.

MrEleson

This thread kinda fleshes out some of the ETH situation on why Ronaldo might feel aggrieved.
Although doesn’t address the digs at Rooney and Neville,

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Imagine ending your career in top flight football on such a low note after all you’ve achieved in the sport. What an immature way to exit. He will never be the role model he thinks he is.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Its a consequence of social media where access to the players have become greater than the teams. The players have the followings, not the teams, at least from Gen Z. This doesnt apply to everyone, of course, but certainly a great many millon fans of every player.
It's definitely exacerbated it and the fact we can stream any match we want now. Did Maradona have anywhere near as many of these 'player fans'?

Because Ole wasn’t the worst of the three for Ronaldo, Ole was exactly what Ronaldo wanted for these couple of seasons. An old teammate with no modern tactics who would let Ronaldo “just do the business” with no silly pressing instructions or demands to work without the ball.

Once Ole went and the ball started to get some competent, the writing was on the wall for Ronaldo. Hence why RR & ETH are targeted, as are others at the club who selected managers with a philosophy that is incompatible with Ronaldo, who wants to focus all his energy on his time on the ball.

Foxbatt

Absolutely. Look at Twitter and a lot of support he is getting is from Asia and Africa. I mean looking at the twitter handles. It is understandable and acceptable that his fans would support him over Manchester United. What is unacceptable is for people claiming to be United fans to support him over ETH.

Withnail

What we don't need as a club and as supporters is for a squad player (that's all he is) giving an interview and creating toxicity in a fan base that looked like it was pulling in one direction.

Nothing Ronaldo says should have any credence or sway in the grand scheme of things.
He wants to make it all about him and people are allowing that to happen by foaming at the mouth and calling people immature names for not following suit.
Your initial complaint was complaining about fans calling other fans out for defending what many see as defending the indefensible from Ronaldo. You claimed this was pathetic.

Once challenged you've now pivoted to the name-calling aspect which wasn't part of your initial point at all which was fairly disingenuous of you. The criticism of name-calling is valid but your initial post had little merit. Anyone defending Ronaldo will get called out and rightly so.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
This thread kinda fleshes out some of the ETH situation on why Ronaldo might feel aggrieved.
I'll shorten that take. Ronaldo wasn't playing at elite level last season, his general play was poor and we were collectively poor partially due to the way we were using our striker.

LARulz

Sat him down and say what? You think that stops Ronaldo being disruptive and theatrical?
You can lay down the law and the consequences if broken. A formal warning. The more he acts out the more we fine him than give him what he wants which is to be released. Either way, what's the worst that would have happened?

fecking ell.
What a clusterfeck of a thread.

He missed 99% of pre-season, the 1% he made he fecked off at HT like a disrespectful duschbag, then just as with Casemiro, he therefore doesn’t start the fecking season as he works up his fitness. What the feck about that is difficult to understand?

Cloud7

The people who are still trying to find ways to defend Ronaldo over this, you guys are losers :lol: Like there is no other way to describe it. Fanboys, cultists, etc., are all a subset of it, but you guys are just losers.

DevilRed

Ole is his mate.

Ole also played a part in bringing him here. He wouldn't speak ill of Ole. Just like he wouldn't of Rio, Saha, Evra etc.

They are all his allies.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Whilst I doubt he really gives a shit about how crap the Glazers are, it is good that he's calling them out.

Even if it is disingenuous, I'm never going to be against someone criticizing them in a public forum, let alone the most famous footballer on the planet.

If only he had just stuck to that aye.

Cloud7

Of course we do

Status
Not open for further replies.