g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh 76

I’ve been watching clips from the interview. Some things I’ve noticed.

1. The interview is not as bad as the media have portrayed it to be.

2. Piers Morgan is a conniving bastard.

The worst thing he has said is he doesn’t respect the manager. The rest is all about his ego, which we all knew he had.

I think when the full interview is out, people may have another opinion.

Zippycup

I just watched Rio's video. And to be honest, as much as I don't want to, I do agree that the club should have sat him down when he made that bullshit message about an interview back in August

I don't believe that happened purely because if it did Rio would know. Him and Ronaldo still seem like they keep in touch often and said he speaks to him privately about things

I am obviously not excusing anything that happened but this is probably why you want someone like him (or the ability to think like a player) in a role at the club
Because Ronaldo is well known for taking others opinions on board?

Foxbatt

The worst thing he has said is he doesn’t respect the manager. The rest is all about his ego, which we all knew he had.

That's enough said.

AlexUTD

It's not about misbehaving. It's w out disrespect! Wanting to destroy what someone is trying to build. We are now looking like a properly ran club and Ronaldo disrupts because he is scared of being left behind
Prety much yeah.

They let Victor Lindelof have time off when his baby was sick.
Tell that to Ronaldo and he will blank you.

I know. I’m not defending Ronaldo, on the contrary I’m making a differentiation between him and players like Cantona who I’ve seen mentioned as if it’s in the same ballpark.
Fair enough.

Souness has been so desperate to have digs at Ten Haag last few weeks. Virtually every incident is his fault according to Souness. The old bitter lemon can’t stand the fact Utd finally have a manger who’s competent.
The man is lost without a Pogba so shit on :lol:

Need the Portuguese lip readers on the case.
"I will deal with you later after i have made my rounds. Oh by the way Ten Hag said that you and Phil Jones have a special boot camp after the WC"

Too bad he couldn't bash Bruno in interview. But there's still time.
Im sure they have time to edit, Piers Parasite Morgan will travel to Ronaldo and redo some content.

A couple of narcissists blowing each other in that interview.
Two narcissists driving a car while getting coffee.

#GlazersOut

The irony..

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Going to be honest, I feel a bit conflicted.
I was skeptical when he joined us as I felt we need a proper rebuild and not superstars being past it.
He proved me wrong last season, but it was always clear he does not really solve our problems.
When we did something shockingly competent in securing Ten Hag it was logical that Ronaldo will not be part of the future planning. Not only does he not fit into the philosophy of someone like Ten Hag, also his level completely fell off a cliff. No shame in that, and of course circumstances from his private life surely have influenced his performances.

Regarding the interview I am surprised that he is offloading his frustration in such a way. He is one of the most prominent persons in the world and part of the entertainment industry for nearly three decades. And then he goes on and does something so naive in his final years as footballer.

He said some really stupid stuff, although it is difficult not to think that he is right when it comes to certain topics.

Real Name

He said some really stupid stuff, although it is difficult not to think that he is right when it comes to certain topics.
That Glazers dont care, it's not exactly news and ground revealing stuff. And he's saying that just to appease the fans, at least he thought it will go that way. It backfired though.

Trophy Room

Hilarious interview. I agree with some of what he said to be fair. His time at United is done obviously but it’s not as bad or sensationalist as it has been made out to be.

Real Name

Maybe he should be introduced in the squad in January?
Let bygones be bygones.

It's not just the interview but the way he treates the club. Before Fulham game he proclaimed himself ill so not to be in the squad.

Last edited:

CallyRed

The main thing that I don’t get is how many people are saying they’ll wait to watch the interview in full. Who on earth could sit there and watch a narcissist spout their delusions for 90 straight minutes without wanting to jam forks into their eyes
There are fans who would love to watch 90 mins of Ronaldo whilst with their pants around their ankles

Jeffthered

I'm so glad this has happened. It allows us to get rid of him quickly, while also putting pressure on the parasites and their puppets in the club. I'm glad he has done this.
Agree. It's sad, but I do agree.

Ronaldo will regret this, it will taint a wonderful career. Manchester United, his current and former team mates, the fans, even the owners, just didn't deserve this.

A petulant child.

justsomebloke

MattofManchester

He'll have a stark realisation of his level at the World Cup. Which he deserves. His level can't justify his ego anymore.

The funny thing is, unlike here, nobody will turn on him, despite the fact that he will be an absolute anchor for what is a Portugal team brimming with potential.

Basically, he's sinking, but wants everyone to sink with him.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
The Ronaldo acolytes are actually insane.

It's disturbing how distorted their viewpoint is because they idolize a man who has no idea they exist.

Hopefully they all stop masquerading as United fans once Ronaldo leaves again.
It’s like watching the Putin apologists as the invasion of Ukraine unfolds again.

Maybe it is all NATO’s fault really?

I get his frustration mind but it’s hilarious he doesn’t realise that he himself was the last act of that “marketing first philosophy”, he was expecting a couple of seasons of it all being about him under Ole. In that situation I maintain Ronaldo would have been a very good feel good factor signing.
But players form dropped off a cliff, something many of us saw coming the season prior, Ole had to get fired, the club changed structure with Woodward gone and appear to have finally started to become competent.
Once we became more competent, Ronaldo was always going to be a sacrificial lamb. No modern manager could possibly give him what he was getting from Ole, and they all need him to work more than ever before, something that will directly affect his goalscoring. At 37 he feels fecked over by the club as finding a new one is incredibly tough, as he found out in the Summer.

But that’s life, football doesn’t wait for anyone, and when all is said and done, despite acting the childish brat since ETH took over, he has in fact played lots of games. It’s clearly not enough though, he wants games when he can save his running for when he has the ball. Is there any good side in Europe that can offer him that?

redcucumber

He’s been attacked and black balled as the scapegoat of the team last season and the fans and pundits have talked nothing but shite about him. False rumors every other day all summer etc. He’s been put through the ringer when in particular last season he was far from the issue.

He’s responded too it and called out the club that has stagnated publicly which was correct. We have not heard the whole interview yet but the main and only thing upsetting fans is his lack of respect for ETH.

He would not just randomly say something like that without a reason, clearly their is some legitimate truth to this story and as stated before if it was about a lack of care/compassion for his daughter being ill especially after recent events then I don’t blame the man. He said nothing about the fans and he stated he loved the fans. I’m curious to see the full interview.

The fans will back the manager and look at things one sided but it will be interesting to see the long term view. Fans hater Mourinho blunt honesty as well and he ended up being correct about nearly everything he said.

Also when he said people at the club didn’t want him their last season either it makes perfect sense. The glazers or Woodward or someone didn’t want to feel the backlash/embarrassment of him going to City and he was brought in despite what seems to be many not actually wanting him their to begin with.

One thing I will say is Ronaldo truly made the worse late career moves I have seen. Juve he performed at a high level and he probably should have stayed their but he wanted to win the CL so he was going to City then he got sucked into old pals and Ferguson telling
Him to go to United and he let his heart make a decision over his mind. Bad decision.

The United fans will just look at him as the bad guy but an objective view would show their is a lot more to this.

Heck I’ll probably get multiple replies just for even saying an opposite view.
Yes I should not have a different opinion then because it’s automatically wrong. This feels like a leftis debate through and through.
A right winger and still a Ronaldo lover boy. Quite the combo.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Pretty clear on this longer clip that Bruno gives Ronaldo a colder shoulder than his other teammates:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
There's all kinds of stories about Mbappe, 99% of them made up (mostly by the bitter Spanish press) and people eat it up.

CR7 is sitting down in an interview and trashing his manager and club. There's levels to the prima donna stuff.
Without a doubt, Mbappe has even showed signs of listening to critics and change his approach. Ronaldo has always been about himself

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
Pretty clear on this longer clip that Bruno gives Ronaldo a colder shoulder than his other teammates:

The fact that Ronaldo looks perplexed gives it away too. The timing of that interview is both cowardly and disrespectful.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Without a doubt, Mbappe has even showed signs of listening to critics and change his approach. Ronaldo has always been about himself
True, but most importantly, Mbappe is 23 years old....CR7 is way too old to be talking about ex-teammates being uglier than he is. But he's an idiot, I don't even mean it as an insult, he really isn't an intelligent person.

LordSpud

He'll have a stark realisation of his level at the World Cup. Which he deserves. His level can't justify his ego anymore.
This is true. Exactly like for us I think he will end up hindering Portugal rather than helping them. He hasnt exactly been pulling up trees on the International scene either.

BarstoolProphet

Once again, the points he is trying to make in isolation is irrelevant. The fact that he made this interview slagging the club and current manager off is enough.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
This is a Manchester United forum. Any player who gives a rotten interview like this criticizing the boss on television especially considering his prior antics is going get trashed. And people defending said behavior will get called out. Because this is a forum deducted to supporters of Manchester United not some individual player.

That natural reaction of United fans on a United forum is not 'disgusting', 'stooping low' and worthy of 'hanging your head in shame' and it's not exactly mature (this was the angle you went for) to fail to see that.
So if someone disagrees with your viewpoint that makes them an enemy of the club?

Calling people petty names just because they see things differently is immature, petty and generally pretty pathetic.

I don't think I've seen anyone defend Ronaldo over the club on here either.

Josh 76

Once again, the points he is trying to make in isolation is irrelevant. The fact that he made this interview slagging the club and current manager off is enough.
I agree. He slagged off the manager. Which is out of order. The rest is all minor bullshit. What he said about the club is basically the truth.

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd

If you go out in public to the world and disrespect your manager and employer then it's as every bit as bad as the media are saying it is.

Try it yourself and see what happens to you.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Hilarious interview. I agree with some of what he said to be fair. His time at United is done obviously but it’s not as bad or sensationalist as it has been made out to be.
In fairness, “I don’t respect the manager” is as sensational a headline as you can get for a footballer who is constantly linked with going

Brophs

The One and Only
This is true. Exactly like for us I think he will end up hindering Portugal rather than helping them. He hasnt exactly been pulling up trees on the International scene either.
I’m not so sure. He’s clearly on the slide, but International football is way below the standard in the PL. He’ll be going in reasonably well rested and with something to prove. If they create changes for him I suspect he’ll score a few goals over course of the tournament. Which might reignite the tedious debate about whether he should be first choice for us.

BarstoolProphet

When you decide to make an interview that quite possibly is a sackable offence, then you could easily argue that it is as a bad as it can be - short of doing criminal stuff.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
He is not naïve after all this time in football, he knew exactly what he was doing

mutual termination, get it done and move on from this constant ego centric sideshow

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
The main thing that I don’t get is how many people are saying they’ll wait to watch the interview in full. Who on earth could sit there and watch a narcissist spout their delusions for 90 straight minutes without wanting to jam forks into their eyes
Agree… i'll wait for the tl;dr in tweet format.
Really don't want to watch that bimbo face for 90 minutes. And Pierce Morgan…

Status
Not open for further replies.