Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxbatt

fecking ell.
What a clusterfeck of a thread.

He missed 99% of pre-season, the 1% he made he fecked off at HT like a disrespectful duschbag, then just as with Casemiro, he therefore doesn’t start the fecking season as he works up his fitness. What the feck about that is difficult to understand?
Plus Casemiro delivered every time he played. Ronaldo was crap every time he played. He got dropped because he was crap. Not because he was brilliant and ETH had an agenda against him.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Few interesting snippets in the athletic article this morning - it isn’t known exactly when the interview happened but it’s thought it was last week - and Mendes and his company had no idea he’d done it. Legal advice being sought to see if we can terminate his deal for breach of contract - he has shown zero willingness to give up the 12.5m he’s owed.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So if someone disagrees with your viewpoint that makes them an enemy of the club?

Calling people petty names just because they see things differently is immature, petty and generally pretty pathetic.

I don't think I've seen anyone defend Ronaldo over the club on here either.
Not really. The only thing pathetic here is the conduct of Cristiano. That aside, as has been mentioned repeatedly this is a Manchester United mainly intended for people extremely passionate about the club. So United 'fans' defending this fellow who had decided to go after the manager after behaving like a tit the past 6 months will get called out.

People get called out all the time - see the chaps who drool senseless for Musk or Trump. A collective group of people self moderating has always existed.

Real Name

This thread kinda fleshes out some of the ETH situation on why Ronaldo might feel aggrieved.
Although doesn’t address the digs at Rooney and Neville,
What a load of waffle. You start your star player, you protect your star player, obviously written by an acolyte.

The best part:
"Before the game, ETH made these comments. Let me translate what he said to the public (key point) there "Ronaldo wouldn't start if Rashford wasn't ill, and I would rather not have him in the lineup as worsens the attack and he hurts the team's dynamism".

Somehow the guy translated ETH's words that Rashford would start if he wasnt ill as an attack on Ronaldo and the way he stomped on him while he was down. Incredible.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
What are Ronaldo's real options after United ? I can't see any other European club taking him. All of this to play in an "exotic" country ? The end of his career is ugly

Big Ray

fecking ell.
What a clusterfeck of a thread.

He missed 99% of pre-season, the 1% he made he fecked off at HT like a disrespectful duschbag, then just as with Casemiro, he therefore doesn’t start the fecking season as he works up his fitness. What the feck about that is difficult to understand?
A complete load of nonsense is right. The delusion of these fanboys is something else. When you watch him you just know in your gut he’s nowhere near the level he thinks he’s at. Delusion and lack of self awareness are currently Ronaldos strongest traits and therefore his biggest problem.

the_cliff

What are Ronaldo's real options after United ? I can't see any other European club taking him. All of this to play in an "exotic" country ? The end of his career is ugly
Only team that may take a punt on him is Chelsea. Otherwise he's back at Sporting or Suadi/Qatar. No serious team will take Ronaldo and start him up front like he wants.

Rockets Redglare

This thread kinda fleshes out some of the ETH situation on why Ronaldo might feel aggrieved.
No it doesn’t, it’s another fanboy account blaming everyone else for Ronaldo’s behaviour without mentioning the walkouts, refusal to play, whoring himself around every club in Europe and the main point which is that he’s been absolutely dreadful this season.

Idxomer

The right reaction from Bruno but he'll probably have to come out now and deny that there are any problems between them.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets dropped from Portugal's starting lineup.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Few interesting snippets in the athletic article this morning - it isn’t known exactly when the interview happened but it’s thought it was last week - and Mendes and his company had no idea he’d done it. Legal advice being sought to see if we can terminate his deal for breach of contract - he has shown zero willingness to give up the 12.5m he’s owed.
The chutzpah to do that interview and demand a payoff is incredible. Also not surprised Mendes is unaware. The bloke went awol.
No self respencting agent allows his client to torch himself like that. Mendes also has a business to look after and will not want to burn his pwn bridges with one of his biggest markets.

Foxbatt

No it doesn’t, it’s another fanboy account blaming everyone else for Ronaldo’s behaviour without mentioning the walkouts, refusal to play, whoring himself around every club in Europe and the main point which is that he’s been absolutely dreadful this season.
Yes I think his fans are trying to rewrite the narrativethat the only reason he was not played a lot more is because ETH and the club has an agenda against him. He was crap every time he played. He was a liability and we play much better without him now. It would be criminal for any manager not to play his best team whenever he can.

Plus Casemiro delivered every time he played. Ronaldo was crap every time he played. He got dropped because he was crap. Not because he was brilliant and ETH had an agenda against him.
Aye, Casemiro also looked sluggish as he worked up his fitness, which lead some fans to question his signing. McTominay was selected ahead of him until he got himself up to scratch and made himself undroppable.
Why should it be different be Ronaldo?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Your initial complaint was complaining about fans calling other fans out for defending what many see as defending the indefensible from Ronaldo. You claimed this was pathetic.

Once challenged you've now pivoted to the name-calling aspect which wasn't part of your initial point at all which was fairly disingenuous of you. The criticism of name-calling is valid but your initial post had little merit. Anyone defending Ronaldo will get called out and rightly so.
The fact that we have people calling other fans out for 'defending' Ronaldo is quite frankly disgusting, and you should hang your heads in shame for stooping to a level that is as equally pathetic as this interview.

Thats my original post, the calling out aspect encompasses the pathetic name calling, the singling out of them, the general toxicity. So I haven't pivoted.

By having petty arguments and name calling you are essentially pandering to what Ronaldo wants here, which is attention.

This whole facade is best to be ignored and Ronaldo moved on quickly.

DavelinaJolie

It's definitely a weird handshake, he doesn't even make eye contact with Ronaldo and just does it in more formal way, unlike with other players. Awkard situation for them in Portugal NT as well now.
I think it's worth remembering for all the discussion about Ronaldo and the people he picked out during the interview, his actions have consequences for those around him. He's put his teammates in a difficult place because they are coming back to the club and working under the manager. From his surprised response to Bruno, assuming Bruno's response is about all of this, it seems that he didn't really consider the collateral damage of his actions. Which wouldn't be a surprise.

Anustart89

My gripe with that timeline is that he just skips over the summer, where Ronaldo is presumably in hospital with his daughter while at the same time is attempting to secure a move to another club and/or country. This leads to him missing the majority of pre-season, which we all know is crucial for all players in terms of building up fitness (and especially at the age of 37) and starting to work on the new manager's ideas. The part of pre-season he's actually involved in, he decides it's a good idea to round up some of the lads and feck off home during half-time because he isn't playing.

So then he's eased into the team, just like Casemiro (seven years younger and with a full pre-season under his belt) was. He doesn't really perform that well (hardly on course for 24 goals this season despite the team's best efforts to let him stat-pad against EL fodder) and the team is clearly better in his absence. He reacts to this by deciding that he's above coming on the pitch when the manager calls on him and, again, fecks off home before the game's over despite the manager being clear on that being unacceptable when he did it the first time, taking away all the attention from the team that had just played their best game of the season.

Then he's punished for this by being suspended for one game, and then plays in all four coming games, where he doesn't really perform again, and is even made captain in one game before going to Piers Morgan to air his grievances after disappearing with a mysterious illness that doesn't prevent him from giving interviews or flying out to join the Portugal squad and partake in training sessions.

TL;DR: Does that **** really think that a 37 year old can just skip pre-season and demand to play every minute of every game under a new manager with an entirely different idea of football (and demands on physicality) as the previous one, and then be kept in the side when making the team worse? And then have the right to feel aggrieved when players are picked on merit?

redcucumber

Plain old fans would suffice. I'm still somewhat surprised he has a few backers in this situation (although not really), but I don't feel the need to question their mental health. I'll never fully understand football fans that follow players rather than teams though.
Plain old regular 'fans' isn't nearly accurate enough of a characterisation though so doesn't work. It's about rabid devotion to a global superstar/brand - like @amolbhatia50k said, if fanboyism isn't to your liking, you're down to terms like ******* and the like which are much less appropriate.

DevilRed

If he took a massive paycut and was willing to be a squad player I'm sure someone would.

But it would be a huge gamble for said CL club, not to mention that nobody here would believe he would accept a rotational role even if he agreed to at first.

bayern seems to be a logical landing spot as they are missing a "star" striker, but I seriously doubt they would be stupid enough to risk upsetting the balance of their squad by adding Ronaldo.

fallengt

What've we learnt from this is SAF should never make football decision for United again.
Ronaldo's prima dona status was known. Ole and Woodward clearly couldn't control it so now we're paying the price.

Skills

Snitch
I honestly don't think anyone has been brave enough to actually sit him down and talk through it with him.

I reckon Mendes has been feeding him shite about all the clubs interested in him, because Ronaldo's the type of person who'd fire him if he said he didn't want to hear.

Revaulx

They have a few half pitches (I think) and a couple 5 or 7 aside pitches (adult)
All I can say is I've never seen a dedicated kids outdoor grass pitch.

I'm making it sound like the Aon TC is shit. It's not. It's still an incredible set up. It's just that city's is so much better. It's going to be given the cost
Don’t forget that it’s built on the site of the old Clayton Analine dye works, which consisted of some of the most grossly contaminated land in Europe. A hell of a lot of that cost went towards cleaning up the site.

Carrington is built on a former human excrement dump, which is far less toxic :)

Polar

People still defending Ronaldo, let me ask you this: Ronaldo has gone on the offensive about Rangnick and ETH, but I wonder why he never spoke out against the worst of the three, Ole?
Because:
  1. Ronaldo and Ole were together for only three months.
  2. Ole in Ronaldo’s view wasn’t the worst of the three.
When that’s said, I think Ronaldo only is able to respect a manager with several trophies, a manager legend.

Foxbatt

I honestly don't think anyone has been brave enough to actually sit him down and talk through it with him.

I reckon Mendes has been feeding him shite about all the clubs interested in him, because Ronaldo's the type of person who'd fire him if he said he didn't want to hear.
So exactly like Donald Trump?

Wow what a revelation :lol: If we were a well run club we wouldn't have signed him.
As I said in another post, the irony here is that he looks like the last hurrah in our “Marketing first, nostalgia second, football third” philosophy.
No-one knows if Ole wanted Ronaldo or not, but he and Phelan got the job due to Fergie’s nostalgia and Ronaldo ended up back for the same reason (and because Woodward knew it was worth 500k /week for the marketing possibilities).
Now we finally look competent, you know 100% ETH would’ve told SAF and Woodward to get fecked if they tried getting Ronaldo in. There’s no question to me looking at Cas, Eriksen, Martinez & Antony that we’re building a squad with a shit load more character than any manager post SAF.

kaku06

Vulgarian
I’ve been watching clips from the interview. Some things I’ve noticed.

1. The interview is not as bad as the media have portrayed it to be.

2. Piers Morgan is a conniving bastard.

The worst thing he has said is he doesn’t respect the manager. The rest is all about his ego, which we all knew he had.

I think when the full interview is out, people may have another opinion.
Thankyou. A sensible post amongst a pile of garbage. I don’t know why people are raging so bad. It’s nothing we don’t know about him. Other than ten hag stuff there’s nothing in that interview which is shocking. People getting angry over him not calling some former players his friends:lol::lol:
Over reacting bunch of people on this forum.

Smores

Whilst not acceptable id always excused him for most of his actions before this interview. It was obvious there was more going on during preseason and his strops weren't really a big deal. If someone loses a kid you have to allow for them processing it.

Running off to Piers of all people though to do a tell all is just too far. His value just doesn't warrant putting up with any of this. Every party involved knows he's done so should have just been agreed behind closed doors to terminate and go separate ways.

Lee565

the worse thing about the interview is that of all the people he could have got to do the interview he gets a slimeball and arsenal fan that hates united like piers and helps gives views to a right wing news show in talk tv, it goes to show that ronaldo does not care about united fans and was happy to be a sell out to protect his image and ego, any united fans still clinging to his nut sack will hopefully go follow him to another club like their weird little **** that they are

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Ronaldo somehow manages to blame everybody else for his performances but himself.

Who's fault was it that you hit the past from 5 yards out with an open goal?. Who caused you to mishit the ball right infront of goal straight into the keepers arms instead of an easy tap in?

Must be the direspect from ETH causing his legs to fail :lol:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
If he took a massive paycut and was willing to be a squad player I'm sure someone would.

But it would be a huge gamble for said CL club, not to mention that nobody here would believe he would accept a rotational role even if he agreed to at first.

bayern seems to be a logical landing spot as they are missing a "star" striker, but I seriously doubt they would be stupid enough to risk upsetting the balance of their squad by adding Ronaldo.
Choupo Moting is currently a better player/striker than Ronaldo. Even if Ronaldo decided to play for free, I doubt they'd take him

Thankyou. A sensible post amongst a pile of garbage. I don’t know why people are raging so bad. It’s nothing we don’t know about him. Other than ten hag stuff there’s nothing in that interview which is shocking. People getting angry over him not calling some former players his friends:lol::lol:
Over reacting bunch of people on this forum.
Tell me a time another contracted player at a club has done an interview with a man who’s interviewed a president and slated his current employer, said he doesn’t respect his current manager, nor his last one.

Overreaction my arse, doing the interview is absolutely disgraceful, and it’s self serving nonsense that attempts to ruin any positivity that ETH has brought to the club.

fallengt

Funnily, every "youtube analyst" ignores United with Ronaldo and without Ronaldo to fit their agenda.
Ole's team finished 2nd-3rd before Ronaldo with more goal tally but a season after, Ronaldo was our savior for helping United finished 6th.

Also ETH is very consistent with his approach. No one deserves to start every match until they prove it. Casemiro, 4 times CL winner, missed preseason with United & Real Madrid and hadn't started until recently, rightfully so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.