g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGame

I'm sure some time down the line Ronaldo will regret this when he actually does some thinking rather than trying to score cheap points. Is he really going to be satisfied playing in a league in the middle east for money whilst Messi still plays in the UCL? Ten Hag is not an eccentric manager like Mourinho and Ronaldo has shown why other managers across Europe that they wouldn't want these tantrums in their dressing room either.

UpWithRivers

I'm sure some time down the line Ronaldo will regret this when he actually does some thinking rather than trying to score cheap points. Is he really going to be satisfied playing in a league in the middle east for money whilst Messi still plays in the UCL? Ten Hag is not an eccentric manager like Mourinho and Ronaldo has shown why other managers across Europe that they wouldn't want these tantrums in their dressing room either.
He will never regret this. People like him never do. It will be Man Utds/Ten Haags/the dinner ladies anyone's fault but him. He will go to his death bed bitter on how he was wronged, and he had no blame in it whatsoever.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
You don’t see anything wrong judging people by their names? What next? Nothing wrong judging people by their color as well?
We don't believe that you are actually red. You have also been merengue and bianconeri. :angel:

Foxbatt

I watched this and felt very uncomfortable agreeing with Garragher. Rio made a dick of himself imo.
Rio is a dickhead on this. He is putting down the club and promoting his mate over the interest of the club he claims to support.

Oranges038

It's happening because of the club's corporate-like structure and people.
Ronaldo is a very family-oriented person, if something happens to him personally he expects empathy from the people who know the situation.
He had SAF who always had been caring for the players personally, then the Spanish club then the Italian club.

Imagine him talking to Richard Arnold about personal issues, and expecting a return call about his child's condition. It will never happen, that's why we will always have problems with players like him and Pogba and specific players will always feel like they are corporate employees. Unless the club gives more power to the manager and changes John Murtough with a more respected football person.

I can understand why ETH didn't check on him frequently, it just shows his lack of experience. Now he experienced the situation, it's a good thing.
It's sad to see ETH call an "executive meeting" to decide how to punish Ronaldo, it should be completely up to ETH alone.
I defended him for taking the summer off.

But, this is happening now because he can't accept that he's no longer the most important player in the team, he doesn't have the same impact on the pitch. He's a shadow of the player he was and it's all down to age catching up with him.

Everything that's going on outside of football is just adding to his frustrations, because he's not able to leave it behind and go out on the pitch and show he's still one of the best.

It's a sad state of affairs really and he just needs to go somewhere else where they'll treat him like a king.

UpWithRivers

Why doesn't he just say 'Im good friends with Ronaldo and I love Man Utd so I apologize but I cannot make a statement or talk about this matter'. That at least we can respect. Trying to defend Ronaldo at the same time as saying the truth is just embarrassing.

mctrials23

He will never regret this. People like him never do. It will be Man Utds/Ten Haags/the dinner ladies anyone's fault but him. He will go to his death bed bitter on how he was wronged, and he had no blame in it whatsoever.
No, hes far too arrogant for that. It will make him bitter as he gets older though as people start to look back on his career with admiration for his stats but no love at all for the man. People will look back very fondly on Messi but not so much on him.

diarm

Why doesn't he just say 'Im good friends with Ronaldo and I love Man Utd so I apologize but I cannot make a statement or talk about this matter'. That at least we can respect. Trying to defend Ronaldo at the same time as saying the truth is just embarrassing.
Because it’s difficult to convince people to listen to your shite podcast with a stance like that.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
People struggle with this because it's immediately interpreted as a personal attack on Ronaldo. Last season we were a struggling team partially due to the way he played and we are often struggling this season when he plays for the same reasons, despite having a better midfield.

FattyFooty

Im not sure how to feel about this...

But he also have some points, United is not where it should be. The managers and players we had/have that actually have won things, all seem to be very critic on how the whole club is run.

And for us to suddenly rely on players like: Rashford, Martial, Fernandes and so on.... Players that never won a big league or a big cup. And a manager that never been in a top league or never won a top trophy.

While Ronaldo may not be the solution, im even more sure our current squad isnt the solution either.

Brophs

The One and Only
Because it’s difficult to convince people to listen to your shite podcast with a stance like that.
Nah. It’s worse than that. Ferdinand got great play out of his role in persuading Ronaldo to come back. He’s compromised now so he has to tread the line between having an opinion and looking a dick either way.

diarm

But he also have some points, United is not where it should be. The managers and players we had/have that actually have won things, all seem to be very critic on how the whole club is run.

And for us to suddenly rely on players like: Rashford, Martial, Fernandes and so on.... Players that never won a big league or a big cup. And a manager that never been in a top league or never won a top trophy.

While Ronaldo may not be the solution, im even more sure our current squad isnt the solution either.
I think you know exactly how to feel. Either that or you forgot to type the other half of the argument before you wrote “but”.

diarm

Nah. It’s worse than that. Ferdinand got great play out of his role in persuading Ronaldo to come back. He’s compromised now so he has to tread the line between having an opinion and looking a dick either way.
Yeah you’re probably right to be fair. He’s too invested to realise people would have far more respect for him if he held his hand up and said he’d made a mistake.

He’s not alone. Most of us were excited about Ronaldo coming back and ignored the vocal minority who were against it.

dove

This is just sad to watch. Rio is mates with Ronaldo, fair enough but then maybe in that case just stay away from that topic rather than keep embarrassing yourself and desperately trying to shift the blame on the club.

crazynaiman

Supports
Chelsea
Guys, when will the full interview be released and where can I watch it?

CM

What offers? We need to terminate his contract. It is not Glazer's concern where Ronaldo goes, just as long as he's not here anymore. If he's waiting for an actual offer as in someone offering money to buy Ronaldo from us then he's going nowhere. Those offers don't exist.
Equally it shouldn't be the responsibility of the club to pay Ronaldo off to facilitate that move. If terminating the contract means paying him off, feck that. I've never seen anybody consistently behave so unprofessionally for United, and that behaviour shouldn't be rewarded.

If Ronaldo wants to leave so desperately he can do it by taking a pay cut. You can't have your cake and eat it.

Foxbatt

What are you on about? We have a player who has won the WC. We have a player who has won the CL and la Liga multiple times. Klopp and Pep didn't win anything major before they were appointed to their first managerial post. Pep certainly didn't. Klopp never won the CL before he came to Liverpool.

Andy_Cole

Who from Arsenal has won anything? Same with Liverpool when they won their first CL and league. Yes proven winners are great, we have a few with Varane, Casemiro. But you’ve basically done an Alan Hansen ‘you can’t win anything with kids’ post.

Last edited:

Highfather_24

On the Munich thing back in the day: I remember that this surfaced at some point, some years ago (I don't remember exactly when), but as far as I know it was never made public by any journo at the time, and not later either (until now).

It's an incredibly telling moment, isn't it? Rooney trying his best to deliver a worthy speech with Ronaldo (entirely oblivious to the nature of what's going on) banging on doors, acting like an impatient toddler.
Wait, can you give some context?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Who from Arsenal has won anything? Same with Liverpool when they won their first CL and league. Yes proven winners are great, we have a few with Varane, Casemiro. But you’ve basically done a Kevin Keegan ‘you can’t win anything with kids’ post.
Alan Hansen.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
:lol:

Oh mate, it’s time to step away from the keyboard for a while.

Maybe go outside, smell some grass or touch a tree. Just clear your head for a bit.
Well what can I say, it’s a public discussion forum here, and people likes to put forward an argument just for argument sake only. If you failed to see that maybe it’s better you go outside and take a walk with your dog, or something. Helps to clear your head abit and get a better perspective.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Some of our ex players really ain’t coming out of this looking good are they? Speak so much nonsense.

diarm

Well what can I say, it’s a public discussion forum here, and people likes to put forward an argument just for argument sake only. If you failed to see that maybe it’s better you go outside and take a walk with your dog, or something. Helps to clear your head abit and get a better perspective.
Did you just assume my pet?

Status
Not open for further replies.