g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

ariveded

Such emotional fools here. Can same logic be applied if Ronaldo scores against Utd, he is dead for you?

These are professionals, and it's a job for them. There is only one option for Ronaldo given he wants to leave, so he sensibly will take it.

It's no different than Benitez at Everton, it's all just a job.

Laurencio

I hope this is all a ploy to make Woodward choke on his coffee and offer Ronaldo a substantial contract to come here instead. It would frankly be embarrasing for us if he went to City...

LARulz

Di Marzio reporting he has been offered a 2 year deal for 15m . It should be net but Messi is getting 31 net. I don't think he would be fine to get half of what Messi is getting.
Which is also why I have my doubts about him going PSG - he at a minimum I am sure would want same as Messi, if not more

Also City I am sure would pay that and then throw a lot of money behind the scenes. I honestly expect him to be a City player this time next week

LARulz

I hope this is all a ploy to make Woodward choke on his coffee and offer Ronaldo a substantial contract to come here instead. It would frankly be embarrasing for us if he went to City...
Woodward has left hasn't he?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
No chance he goes to City! It'd wreck his legacy and he has said he wouldn't play for another English club.

Schmeichel was different all those years back as they were very much a rival in name only.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Ronaldo would never go to PSG because of his self esteem issues. He knows he would get outperformed by Messi.

Laurencio

Oh right. Totally forgot about that. Make John Murtough choke on his coffee then. Either way, someone better be looking into Ronaldo coming back here. City has gained far too much territory already - getting one of our best players ever as "their legend" would be terrible.

Drizzle

No chance he goes to City! It'd wreck his legacy and he has said he wouldn't play for another English club
Seems many people are clinging onto outdated notions of loyalty. Brace yourself before reality hits in the next few days.

Zoo

It really would tarnish his legacy. Not sure what he’s going to gain coming back to the more intense PL at his age, there’s no guarantee he’s going get another CL at City - Pep is currently a decade and counting without winning it despite only managing super teams.

MartinRed

The way I see it is that a football agent trying to get his client a good contract, nothing strange here.When the client is Cristiano we know that the things can get quite complicated mostly because of his EGO.As for the so called "United legacy" of his that really doesn't matter for him at least not as much as we hoped.To be honest I think it was never the badge that was important to him when he played for us, but Sir Alex.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I don't want him really coming back to United -

However, i also look at the forwards we have in Martial and Cavani - then I don't think it would be the worst thing in the world either.

Nickelodeon

From a footballing sense, I'm not too worried if he joins City because I don't think he'll improve them. It's his legacy which I'm worried about. Anyways, just don't see this one happening.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
because never in a million years does pep and Ronaldo representing city sound fun. Ergh.

it’s horrible.
Hence I’d prefer to have Ronaldo playing with Messi at PSG instead. Is that not clear from my 1st post which you quote me from?

Swedish_Plumber

Such emotional fools here. Can same logic be applied if Ronaldo scores against Utd, he is dead for you?

These are professionals, and it's a job for them. There is only one option for Ronaldo given he wants to leave, so he sensibly will take it.

It's no different than Benitez at Everton, it's all just a job.
He’s already scored against us for two different teams since he left and a lot of people still remember him fondly.

I don’t think many begrudge him for moving on to Madrid and fulfilling his ambitions there.
This is more due to the fact he’d be coming back to England to play for our closest rivals in what would clearly be about the money.
I think personally this move brings football even closer to American sports where any player can move anywhere regardless of club rivalry/history and takes away from loyalty, but maybe I should keep up with the times?!

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
The reason we can’t offload players like Martial is because they are very very crap for 250k pounds a week. He would be lucky to get 100k at most clubs let alone 250k

ronaldo would be worth 700k a week for his influence off the pitch, advertising, experience he’d provide to young players etc.
Influence he provides to you get players has to be the most overrated reason ever for signing old players on huge wages. He’d have an influence but to justify that pay check, which jeopardises the financial security of the club? No way.

And whether Martial’s contract is a good one or not is moot. He’s on our books, he’s paid what he’s paid and it’s one small factor in the overall picture as to why we can’t burn all common sense and sign Ronaldo on an obscene contract at 36 years old.

Roboc7

I’ve no doubt he’ll go there if deal can be done, he wants to leave Juve and no one else is interested.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
It’s been 12 years since he left and it feels like enough time has passed that I could care less if he plays for City. This feels very much in character for him.

I didn’t even feel the same lump in my throat when he came back to play at Old Trafford in the champions league like I did when Becks came back with Milan.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Don’t care too much to be honest, with all due respect I am glad that a return to us does not seem to be on the table. We need to keep building for the future.
I would prefer him going to PSG, would be crazy in some ways to see him beside Messi and Neymar.
Not sure that would work out though.

Leanshig

Honestly would be gutted if he joined them. This isn't a Schmeichel or Cole situation, this is more akin to Michael Owen, if not worse.

Paranoid Android

It’s been 12 years since he left and it feels like enough time has passed that I could care less if he plays for City. This feels very much in character for him.

I didn’t even feel the same lump in my throat when he came back to play at Old Trafford in the champions league like I did when Becks came back with Milan.
*couldn't. The Americanisation of this phrase doesn't make any sense.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Oh right. Totally forgot about that. Make John Murtough choke on his coffee then. Either way, someone better be looking into Ronaldo coming back here. City has gained far too much territory already - getting one of our best players ever as "their legend" would be terrible.
No, Woodward is still there until end of the season

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Yeah, agree with all that. Also, am pretty certain that City PR team is jumping and happily twitching at the thought of "doing one" over United and sign Ronaldo of all people (especially after that embarrassment called Grealish unveiling).

However, Guardiola is there until 2023 by the look of things and they will ultimately do and act how he decides.
Imagine saint Pep being the savior of United/Ronaldo fans :lol:

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I'm starting to think it'll happen too. But I can't see it going well.

Don't him and Pep have a bit of bad blood anyway? So he could easily become the scapegoat which could lead to Pep just leaving him out.

Every chance City do it anyway though and they'll make a right song and dance about it, reminding everyone that he used to play for United. I wouldn't put another 'Welcome to Manchester' past them

crossy1686

career ending
He'll go there and they'll win the league. I stopped giving a shit about Ronaldo in a United capacity after his 2nd or 3rd flirting with us to get a better contract at Madrid. If he wants to go down the Tevez route of being a total bellend then let him do that.

TrueRed79

If he joins that crowd, it will only cement what i always thought of him. A complete bellend. But ONLY God knows what will happen....

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Convinced he won't go to City, but he's dead to me if he does. Even if I take my United hat off, it's such a cheap move. He's being paid a mountain at one of the best and most prestigious clubs in the world, and he's going to leave and go to a plastic club with no legacy for one last desperate chance at the CL, a trophy by the way that City have never won.

All that said, I don't believe he'll do it. He'll hang around for one more year at Juve then leave for PSG on a free for a lap of honour with Messi.
He's going for money. Nothing else.

Paranoid Android

He's going for money. Nothing else.
Nah, he's going more for his legacy I think. For a player like Ronaldo, going to City right now makes perfect sense. Messi is in the spotlight having just gone to PSG, and Ronaldo can now make a case that he is the greater player by going to a more competitive league (the most competitive) and winning it, while also having a much better shot at the CL than if he were to stay at Juve. If you think about it it's the only thing that does make sense for him now.

Ixion

He said we treated him like a slave. He didn't give a shit about United.

Hastar

Supports
Liverpool
I am surprised to see United not going for him.

Apart from a top class manager, what United are clearly missing is a player with ruthless winning mentality. Varane could well be that player, but he doesn't strike me as the vocal type.

Ronaldo would bring that to United. The obsession and drive that also rubs onto his teammates. Also, someone like him walking into the dressing room instantly lifts the spirit and confidence of others.

Commercially as well this deal makes a whole lot of sense.

So I am baffled as to why United are not in for him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Honestly I can't understand the attitude of United fans ... Ronaldo gave His all at United and talks about his time there positively. He had always dreamed of Madrid - so much so that he joined Madrid when it was 2 levels below United in terms of its standing in Europe performance-wise. United are the same as Juventus to Him ... just a sex partner. Madrid was His wife.

United should be grateful that Ronaldo has a significant link to them. How many truly 'global' (not just European) superstars has United had in its 100-year history ... Best, Beckham, at a stretch Rooney? I bet United has continued to benefit even after Ronaldo left, just because of being associated with Him ... I bet the comment 'Ronaldo was developed here' comes up every time United try to sign a young player. I bet sponsors continue to overpay to United in the hope that United sign another Ronaldo some day.
:lol:

this thread has so much insane energy

Ronaldo fanboys are genuinely unhinged

Giggsyking

The only positive of him going to shitty is our club's social media account stop licking his arse every time he farts. It is becoming nauseating.

Status
Not open for further replies.